Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,218

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
curious

Ocoee, FL

#112792 Sep 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I guess your Jesus is cool with slander?
Our Jesus is beyond cool.
He is Our Lord and Saviour and it was through him that all things were created.
I believe He is responsible for the invisible matter that holds the Universe together.
stuck in a lodi

Pikeville, KY

#112793 Sep 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted a lot of nonsense that I have never expressed.
Having said that,,,,,,I will ignore it.
Having said that.....I will comment on your statement
See what having 1/2 a brain gets ya.... Laughing

Poor child!
Have a nice day

Winchester, KY

#112794 Sep 9, 2013
Another one. Yet she claims she doesn't have a beef with Jackson

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#112795 Sep 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Jesus is beyond cool.
He is Our Lord and Saviour and it was through him that all things were created.
I believe He is responsible for the invisible matter that holds the Universe together.
So you believe your invisible friend......
is the invisible glue....
that holds together all the invisible stuff.

It's much easier to believe that than all that scientific nonsense, yes?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#112796 Sep 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>OR the FREE exercise OF!
See... MORE American know what America was like Before you liberals shat on it!
The America I grew up in, and pledging my life to uphold,
Is a ghost of it's former self, thanks to people like you!
Today....
I Miss America!
I wouldn't join the Army to defend this place!
(Well, maybe not!)
"or".....is part of it also, and I do not infring upon that right. Now uphold that first part and we will all be upholding the constitution.

The latter part if your statement shows how anti secularism/anti American you are. I served and would do it again.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112797 Sep 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me make myself perfectly clear; I do not get into battles with the defenseless and witless.
Having said that , read this article that I cut n pasted from the
Appalachian News- Express in Pikeville , Kentucky.
Police have issued a warning to the elderly of our City to beware
when exiting a bank after making withdrawals from their Savings Accounts.
Security cameras have captured a seedy looking individual with a tattoo scrawled on his forehead thart reads:Hidden in a lodi", hanging around the entrance of these banks and as unsuspecting elderly patrons exit ,said character snatches their purses and makes a mad dash for an awaiting car.
As he jumps in the car an accomplice speeds away for a quick getaway.
The accomplice has been identified as a scroungy looking individual driving a car with Florida license plates.
On the left side of the back bumper can be seen a sticker which reads "Mirror , mirror on the wall" with a picture of a 3 eyed alligator.
These 2 incorrigibles are known to strike on the day when social security checks are deposited into the elderly's bank accounts.
Community Trest Bank branches on North Mayo Trail and a branch on Main street seems to be their favorite targets.
BTW You live in Pikeville. You know anything about this.
CAREFUL , anything you say can and will be used against you.....
........And the Crowman.......Quibinito....LOL
Thou shalt slander?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#112798 Sep 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That Human perception may be flawed is confirmed by Evolutionists and Atheists. Those being the believers in reading stones and bones
Read the following;
Bone readings have played a part in different cultures around the world. Ex. Atheist Religion and Evolutionist Culture
Generally, bones are cast into a circle and the way that they fall determines the outcome of the reading. In addition to bones, other small objects may be added to the cast such as coins, shells, nuts, dice, or stones. Patterns are looked for in the way the bones fall or markings on the bones have significance.
That type of superstition means nothing to me.
I prefer to rely on the word , promise and performance of MY GOD.
Perceptions are flawed, so if their is zero evidence, then it is opinion based, period.

So the words you claim are of a god are just the opinions of men. Men claiming they are words of a god. For some reason, you trust those men beyond belief. Even though you have conceded the words are not fully accurate. But you still assume the most outrageous one is accurate. Just how can you trust some but not others?
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#112799 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did I say Jesus? Nope, I said god. The god of the bible insists you murder non believers. Moses often carried out this order he claimed was of your god. Stop diverting and answer to your gods crimes.
Gog is God!
There is no crime!
He said, do this, and Live...
do this, and die!
You keep on wanting punishment!
Case closed!
Now... if you were repentant, He is faithful to save you!
YOUR choice!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112800 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Thou shalt slander?
What do you expect from someone who excuses a career peppered with misdeeds under the umbrella of 'he didn't know any better at the time.' You thought morality is a condition of the Christ psychosis?
His #1 commandment, "Thou art exempt from _______" comes with a box of washable markers and a reorder form.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112801 Sep 10, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
And when you use the moniker of Mike Duquetee , you claim to be a descendant of Apes . You been watching to many Tarzan movies and have developed an affinity to Cheetah that defies natural human behaviour.
Oh, you must be right. Humans and chimpanzees can't BOTH be apes.
I've also claimed that tangerines and limes are both citrus, crabs and lobsters are both crustaceans, mercury and aluminum are both metals, limestone and granite are both stone, pesos and rubles are both currencies, mud huts and skyscrapers are both buildings, sage and basil are both herbs... Gosh, the list goes on forever without end. Wait - both "forever" and "without end"? Damned to Hell and Hades.. did it again.
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#112802 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you wish to show I do not, then please show it. As of yet, you have not shown anything but a snarky attitude.
Okay-how about we start with...oh...sayyy...

Think of your own original word and quit parrot-brain repeating mine!!
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#112803 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you refuse to show secularism and insist on demanding the middle east to be secular, because you feel persecuted unjustly? Can you whine a bit more?
Yup...can you lie and distort more? I doubt it...so I'll just clarify-

I do not care WHAT middle east barbarian types do, because that is U.N. business-so long as they leave peace-loving, innocent type U.S. citizens OUT of their barbaricness.
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#112804 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Easy is lazy. It is easy to look to the supernatural for answers, instead of science. Goddidit, goddidit, goddidit. That is all you need to say pal.
That's NOT my style either, "pal".

Can't stand that blame others and whine type ignorance.
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#112805 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Do I need show the post you made where you did?
Yes.
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#112806 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like staying out of Iraq? I would love to agree with you on staying out, but you keep showing it is not your true belief. Either that or you are hypocritical of your beliefs.
This is NOT then, this is MANY years later...Iraq has NOTHING to do with Libya/Syria.

Why are you so mired in the past?
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#112807 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No, you do not use the bible belt, you invent your own tools. Like a stone for a stone. You just borrowed the general concept from the bible, just as all religions seem to borrow from one another.
Smith and Hubbard would be proud of you.
Brilliant example!!! In comparing and contrasting of derivatives and col·lo·qui·al·isms
( informal expression: an informal word or phrase that is more common in conversation than in formal speech or writing !!}

(and you want to BAN such?)
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#112808 Sep 10, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Aug 6, 2013
Judged:
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER, EVER seen a teacher Force their religious beliefs on anyone--not in FIFTY plus years.
EVER..
That's why generally teachers are TEACHERS, NOT Preachers- and not narrow minded, heads stuck in the sand, clueless NON wonders, most having FAR, far more SENSE, than THAT ridiculous bullchit.
GET A CLUE.
This is the 21st century-NOT the 18th dark ages!
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Really! Perhaps you should do more research b4 making yourself out to be the Fool..... 2 examples 1 - In the beginning of 2006, an engineering professor at Northwestern University, in Evanston, Illinois, told his class that the Holocaust was a hoax and never happened. His statement received national media coverage and the president of Northwestern had to issue a public apology claiming that the beliefs did not represent those of the university. 2 - Another dilemma occurred when a public high school teacher in New Jersey continued to veer off into tangents during his lectures that pertained to his religious beliefs. The only reason he was exposed to the public was when a student tape-recorded him and brought it to officials. These are 2 examples that received Media Attention, there are countless others that happen every day that go unnoticed! NOW.... How about YOU get a Phucking Clue!!!
What part of "I" didn't you comprehend? "I" have NEVER witnessed ANYONE trying to FORCE religion on ANYONE else.

No YOU get a flking clue!! Need a helpful starter HINT for DUHMmies-try reading Duquettes post below-

"Mike Duquette"Human perception can be flawed. So you can talk about your experiences all you wish, but they are just opinions of your experiences. They mean nothing to me. End QUOTE]

As in "I" wasn't there to see EITHER instance of whatever data you have drudged up on whatever it is you're babbling about...but I would NOT doubt that IF such instances were abusing others, they most certainly would be reprimanded for it!!
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#112809 Sep 10, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but one word is not a complete thought. I know what the word means, now try using it in a sentence that has a meaning to something. I could try to guess what you are thinking, but why should I? If you have an opinion on Iraq then spit it out. As of yet, you just put words next to each other that are not complete claims. You write jibberish. Maybe cut back on the baby talk.
I've already used catalyst and Saddam in a sentence a dozen times at least. How many times does it take for something to sink in? Or does it ever in some (empty headed) cases?
Nope, not writing another one using the word, already moved past that word ion particles ago. New word-word is colloquialism.
As in examples of...examples as in what was being referenced in the original article.

colloquialism
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#112810 Sep 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great Chapter!
Says it all!
They despise Wisdom, and Knowledge!
Something like that anyway :-).
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#112811 Sep 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yada yada dodge dodge - unclever, untruthful. I don't fancy that a HISSYstory buff wouldn't know that Jesus observed the Jewish Sabbath or which, when and why Xtians changed theirs to Sunday. The statisTICs are easily found and you could have answered "historiTICally speaking, millions of Xtians have divorced and remarried just in the U.S. alone", but you didn't want to.
In an aside, "curious"ly, religies might well be descended from jackasses since they collectively ape one.
You need some fixing. Get busy...your staTIC noise is annoying me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
preacher bff 13 min thatswhatshesed 19
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 15 min FoLLoW aLoNg 22,981
Word Association (Aug '11) 21 min FoLLoW aLoNg 5,985
Why Is Pikeville Gas So High, Pikeville Gas Nee... 34 min city limits 11
pinson hotel (Mar '12) 35 min thatswhatshesed 11
Hot Blonde 38 min panther 5
WXCC talks Internet annonimity. 40 min Required anonymity 10
Commons Apartments 1 hr Back Scratching 150
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr in your face 21,672
The May Administration 10 hr URDelusional 8
jaunita deskins 10 hr CakeFace 17
PMC Affairs 10 hr NoT 16
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:15 am PST