Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,113

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#112643 Sep 7, 2013
let wrote:
Let them study the Bible. It's not gonna hurt anyone.
Jehovah’s Witnesses—Who Are We?
We come from hundreds of ethnic and language backgrounds, yet we are united by common goals. Above all, we want to honor Jehovah, the God of the Bible and the Creator of all things. We do our best to imitate Jesus Christ and are proud to be called Christians. Each of us regularly spends time helping people learn about the Bible and God’s Kingdom. Because we witness, or talk, about Jehovah God and his Kingdom, we are known as Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#112644 Sep 7, 2013

We come from hundreds of ethnic and language backgrounds, yet we are united by common goals. Above all, we want to honor Jehovah, the God of the Bible and the Creator of all things. We do our best to imitate Jesus Christ and are proud to be called Christians. Each of us regularly spends time helping people learn about the Bible and God’s Kingdom. Because we witness, or talk, about Jehovah God and his Kingdom, we are known as Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#112645 Sep 7, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
Higher education can prove enlightening for some.
Matthew D. Staheli, 2011
Why did I leave? Not only is there zero evidence that anything taught by the Mormon Church is true (something that I could live with), there is actually countering evidence opposing almost everything that the Mormon Church teaches to be true (something that I could not live with). As a scientist, it is impossible for me to believe something that has mountains of evidence against it.

TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#112646 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> it really just boggles my mind.
As if THAT would be difficult?
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#112647 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am not disputing this post, just wanted to point out how hypocritical it is.
Oh okay, thank you for the daily dose of the H word from the whited sepulcher Duquette!!
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#112648 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The name is DARWIN. Guess you do not have enough respect to say the name properly. Typical of hypocrites.
Did anyone claim Darwin's theory was the theory for everything? Nope, so why divert and rant about this?
You and YaA both do the same, divert from what is the theory, to what is not the theory, as if that had anything to do with the debate. Got a problem with Darwin? Then spit it out, but diverting just makes you look to have no valid argument.
INCOMPLETE, Flawed theory.

Does NOT validated, or even really give explanation for that matter, on the actual beginnings of the "origins of life".
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#112649 Sep 7, 2013
haven0t forgotten wrote:
This was not written to me, but I want to take the opportunity to strongly agree with you in your condemnation of that commenter. And of almost every Republican and rightwing hypocrit, whether in media, political office or campaign operation, or individual citizen. I think that the haters are traitors, effectively, beginning with Rush Limbaugh and everyone who supports him, and including most of Fox, Ann Coulter and all the other - excuse me ladies - rightwing blonde bimbos on TV.
I think much of what was Bush's fault was even more the fault of those who promoted him as a candidate for President, when he was not qualified, and then of his high officials, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Wolfowitz, Pipes, Fieith, Abrams, Poindexter, and of the media neocons who so avidly promoted the war - Crystal, however it is spelled, and so many others, and not even excusing some of the socalled mainstream media.
I am now proud of many on MSNBC who are strongly anti-invasion of Syria - Chris Matthews is a bit hotheaded about it, but Chris Hayes is magnificent as usual in his careful thoughtfulness. I also am proud of Rachel, Larry O'Donnell (Last Word), Ezra Klein, Ed Schultz, and the other outspoken ones, and even the pretty ones!
I believe that the evidence is probably convincing. I doubt that the outcome of a US military strike would be better than to wait and try other options first. If Syria launches a second chemical weapon attack because of international inaction, then there would be a better case and a better chance to round up more allies. but I favor something more radical, such as asking Russia to develop a zone around its naval base, for Assad and his supporters, but with access to the sea for international shippint. Then the chemical weapons should be gathered into the Russian naval zone, and safely destroyed with UN supervision. Let Russia be the heroes who save the situation, that would be the one way to get them to help. Then partition Syria, and move people into land areas occupied by people with one religion and tribe, and whatever, and make it a federation. Half of the Middle Eastern nations need to be divided in such a way, since their boundaries make no sense./ Drawn up by some idiot Englishmen a century ago, as Jon Stewart and John Oliver demonstrated.
<quoted text>
I suggested that on another thread-let the terrorist alliances (Hezbollah, Hamas, al qeada and other rebels) have the north half of Syria (closest to Russia) and the peaceful folks not disturbed by secular democracy, the south part--closest to Israel.
Mark a nice big, red X on the world maps, in honor of the new nation of ThugsandPalsistania, and let them battle themselves into oblivion.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#112650 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well I don't have cable news right now, so I do not know what MSNBC are saying at the moment, but I believe your testimony that they are not like Fox news in the days of Iraq, and are not pushing for war like fox was. Fox were fully supporting everything the Bush administration did in that war.
Unlike republicans, the democrats are not blindly supporting war just because their president is in power.
Sista showed here colors today. She is simply a blind partisan. I cannot take her criticisms seriously as she is so partisan, it only looks to be for partisan reasons now.
She simply defends Bush, and condemns Obama.
No, I condemn Saddam and bin_laden et al.

And any U.S. admin that cannot see the wisdom in the good of self reliance derived from northern continental oil expansion.
SistaNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#112651 Sep 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The classic Bush tactic he used while begging for the Iraq war. He simply used the names of Saddam and Bin Laden in the same sentence. Even thought their was no real ties between the two, despite the trumped up charges Bush peddled out.
But it was enough to trick the idiots who cannot understand the English language to well.
Studies show at the time of the invasion, most Americans thought Saddam was part of the 9/11 attacks.
Why? Because Bush used the 9/11 and Saddam in the same sentence often, even though he never once actually accused Saddam of being a perpetrator in 9/11. But of course he knew most Americans cannot focus on a sentence properly, so the deception was easy.
Now let me ask, is Obama using such propaganda tactics now to get war?
You're wasting your breathes.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112652 Sep 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That ended his live in the burn can.... And I think it's a Wolf, Not sure as it was bigger than the wolfs I have seen in the past...
You want a CREEPY feeling?
A friend brought me a load of assorted steel, we unloaded back of my shed. I went into the shed, back to the door, and all of a sudden, the hair on the back of my neck stood strait up!
I turned to find a PO'd Young male Tarantula
standing at the door, staring me down, standing in an
attack position...
He was in the steel, and followed me around the yard!
Eeeek!
He fit the bottom of a coffee can!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112653 Sep 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I can not grasp what you said because you have said nothing that I could hear. I have read what you have WRITTEN ,which according to you , I should consider as " the pitiful writings of men"
Your explanation about the chicken should be featured on a comedy show.
You are alluding to an unwitnessed event that no one knows took place ,where it took place or when it took place.
other than , according to you "Chicken and Chicken Egg occurred at the exact same instant when the first person Name the foul he converted"
But I could be wrong ,, Were you there ? or did someone tell you about it? If so ,was it hundreds of years after this event took place?
You know where I am going with that ...I will go no further.
LOL
Great post!
Still laughing!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112654 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No one worships Plato. Plato's words are not hinged upon Plato existing or not. It does not matter if Plato was Plato. It does not matter if the writings attributed to Plato were of Plato.
Plato's words are just food for thought. No one need hinge his worldview on Plato's every word. He is free to accept of not accept his philosophies. No threats of eternal lakes of fire come with Plato's advice. Plato makes no demands. He is simply a philosopher and claims to be no more than that.
Now apply that to your Jesus. You go far beyond just taking his words as advice, you insist he is a god and must be obeyed. You insist his death caused some absolution of peoples atrocities.
I say he has no right to give this absolution, because I do not see him as a god. I am not even sure he was a person. And you cannot prove either.
He Saved Me!
Believe what you want!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112655 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So I am anti-American because I oppose the pledge? Well thanks for proving my point.
You show why it is harmful to those who just sit during this pledge. Because kids with your mentality will ostracize them for simply practicing their rights. The right to religious freedom. The right not to pledge or pray to a god. Note the JW's do not do this, as it is a sacrilege to them.
What I find Anti American is anti secularism. And you show that clearly.
See... There is where your wrong!
We had a couple of JW's in our school too!
We never though ill of them for not standing, as our teacher told us about it!
But they NEVER said WE could NOT do it, as you Liberals
want to make US stop!
That is where YOU are Anti-American!
Keep your hands off OUR Rights!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112656 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is not your country, it is all of ours. You do not tell me I must leave. Clearly you do not know how this country works. Ever heard of freedom? Evidently not. How anti American of you.
You blindly pledge yet do not even understand the core value of America, secularism.
I suspect if you really understood America was meant to be secular, you might just hate the idea of America.
Your bible is anti secularism. Your god does not promote secularism. Your bible promotes the murder of those who worship beings other than your god. This is anti secularism. This is why America is secular. America is the system that stops the murder of non believers. It's secular ideals have spread around the world. Not yet all over, as Muslims are slow to follow this ideals.
Thankfully our secularism keeps you religious fanatics in check. You cannot legally murder non believers anymore.
Incase you've NOT Read it.... Jesus is Not about Murdering anyone!
He's about Love!
This nation was founded on the teachings of Christ!
You can believe whatever you want!
See... you push your tripe all you want, but in the end...
WE WIN!
Push on!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112657 Sep 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well Lodi was not talking about coma's, so nice diversion.
Even if this person did not suffer, she cannot help others as she was doing until the aneurysm.
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>When this happened, I lived across the street from this lady, She suffered! She had an aneurysm burst in her brain that left her paralyzed, in a wheelchair, with a surgical shunt installed in her head to divert the blood! The life she had before, no longer existed.
Sounds like she did great in her life...
I wonder what you do with yours?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112658 Sep 8, 2013
haven0t forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> They are the ones who do not mean it when they say the pledge! They do not have allegiance to many of the basic civil libertarian values, clearly stated in the Bill of Rights (they just like the 2nd) or the 13th, 14th, 15th, and a few other amendments. They are theocratic and not in favor of representative democracy. And they are for mobocracy when they control the mob. I admit I would prefer an aristocracy of the brilliant elite at times, but then I see wonderful brilliant, well-meaning Kerry, Hagel, and Obama thinking that a military strike could be done without unmanageable consequences, and I think that ordinary dumb Americans who are scared to death of know-not-what have a certain sort of wisdom that is more realistic, in the current situation. I am not fond of elites that think all will turn out well, if their rational well-meaning scenarios are begun in a game with nutcases on the other side. That applies to how Syria is handled and how Cruz is handled, about equally. I now privately think of him as Senator Batista, since his conflict of national loyalty - is through his father, his Cuban Batista type father - not the accident of birth in Canada. Have you seen or read some of the stuff papa Cruz puts out? Neo-Nazi.
Just like Obama swearing to uphold the constitution, and then shredding it!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#112659 Sep 8, 2013
SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh okay, thank you for the daily dose of the H word from the whited sepulcher Duquette!!
Hypocrites LOVE to call people Hypocrites.... I think, they think, it cancels them out!
Stoneforastone

London, KY

#112660 Sep 8, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Incase you've NOT Read it.... Jesus is Not about Murdering anyone!
He's about Love!
This nation was founded on the teachings of Christ!
You can believe whatever you want!
See... you push your tripe all you want, but in the end...
WE WIN!
Push on!
Immoral Snakes and vermin have no real morals, so they have to pretend and Lie...especially when trying to con, fool and trap their prey.

Pathetic to watch the slitherings and vileness of sometimes isn't it.
Stoneforastone

London, KY

#112661 Sep 8, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hypocrites LOVE to call people Hypocrites.... I think, they think, it cancels them out!
They wish.

PatheTic.
DailyBibleReadin g

London, KY

#112663 Sep 8, 2013
"Proverbs 5".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min hollerrat 7,309
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 23 min UdiotRaceMAkeWorl... 155,486
Word Association (Aug '11) 36 min Jennifer Renee 5,138
thelong sordid historyof pville stalking 41 min enter name 16
Looking for female German Shepherd to breed my ... (May '10) 1 hr cesar1103 68
Was Candidate Ray Set Up at Expo Concert? 1 hr Their Time Has Come 25
paris cowboy = music 1 hr MUSICK-NESS 210
the expo does it again! 4 hr Another Expo Failure 48

Pikeville Jobs

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pikeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pikeville

Personal Finance