Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149955 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109368 Jul 31, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
To Carry on the thought....
The Chicken evolved from one of the raptor lines of dinosaurs that were laying eggs 65 million years ago and when a big rock smacked this ball of dirt and water.... They continued to evolve into little humming birds and giant Terror Birds of the long past, they evolved into Cardinals and Finches and Road Island Red's... Before they were called Chickens what they were was laying eggs....
So you say, or was it some other hater of God???
We'll blame the OTHER guy, as I suspect you think there is something out there, and you don't want to loose face w/ your friends... LOL
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109370 Jul 31, 2013
SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Self awareness of ones OWN faults and imperfections, can be a wonderful thing eh YaA?:-)
"But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience"
(Luke 8:15).
James 4:8
"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you
sinners, and PURIFY your HEARTS, you double minded."
•
Psalm 51:3, 10 & 17
"For I acknowledge my transgressions; and my sin is ever
before me." "Create in me a CLEAN HEART , O God, and renew a right spirit within me." "....a broken and a contrite HEART, O God, you will not despise.
Amen! God Bless you :-)
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109371 Jul 31, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be one of those semi-intelligent "intellectuals" like the Beck/Palin teabaggers.
We don't live in a Democracy, we have a representational government - aka "Republic." (I guess you glide over that part in "...and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands....") You don't have to like those representatives, the majority does at election times. When the majority is a DUHm as 6,000 year old rocks herd of Faux news xtian sheep, we get the brainless perspectives of creationists on the science councils and school boards.
"representational government - aka "Republic"
Hmmmmm? Makes me wonder WHY prop 8 was overturned, as we had MORE
representatives for it???
System needs purged of un-righteousness!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109373 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I am so scared of your veiled threats.
Threat????
No! I'm just telling you the Bridge is OUT!
If you do not stop... that's ONLY on you!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109374 Jul 31, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand since you don't understand the science it seems like magic to you... Just like some kid that watches Cris Angel float in the air or slide a quarter under his skin might be amazed and stunned at the magic, but those that study it know their is no Magic involved, all can be explained within the simple laws of ordinary physics and some psychology ....
No I was speaking of actually Magically turning water into an alcoholic beverage without the required sugar, fruit, fermentation process... Actually walking on the surface of water without wires and underwater clear planks, Actually producing food for hundreds from a couple of fish and a loaf of bread without a stash under the false basket bottom... And the dozens of other claims to Magic stated over time... Magic is doing something Super naturally that Actually breaks the laws of Physics ... None of the mentioned scientific theories do that, therefore they are not Magic, just beyond your knowledge base....
Hahahahaha...
It ONLY Proves you "believe" what a man tells you to believe!
I believe what God Himself tells me...
I'm telling you... seek Him yourself, and I pray you find Him!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109375 Jul 31, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
We have found millions of transitional fossils... Every Fossil is a transitional fossil.... Just as Every Living Critter is a transitional critter....
Whatever you want to believe...
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#109376 Jul 31, 2013
You all have a Great evening, may you all have a
"God" experience soon in your lives, and
open eyes, and heart to know it!

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#109377 Jul 31, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>yes... your kind cannot stand righteousness,
and they do whatever they can to squelch the truth!
The Catholics and the LDS have the TRUTH. They believe in evolution but with Gods help. That said, do you have a problem with Catholics and LDS accepting the TRUTH? Thanks to science and research to finally lead these churches unto TRUTH.

I would like you to come to the TRUTH also, by accepting evolution. Now repent your harsh mockery of atheist posters who have done nothing more than refute religious dogma that you want them to believe.

Evolution and science taught in schools is Gods will so others can come to the TRUTH. It would be a blasphemy to speak against the TRUTH.

Did you know that Brigham Young said that ADAM is Jesus daddy? Now pray to ADAM thru his son Jesus Christ to have the Holy Ghost bring you to the TRUTH.

By the way has anyone heard from the Crazy Indian poster lately?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#109378 Jul 31, 2013
SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why thank you lol.
Do territories actually count as separate countries though?
Territories like Cuba, Jamaica and the Bahamas? Then there's Russia in the opposite direction. Attu Island is closer to it than to mainland Alaska.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#109379 Jul 31, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>In/on... does it matter? NO!
The waters covered the earth... Fossils were created when
sludge covered the dead!
Christians are Trustworthy...
Trying to stop you guys from KILLING Babies is just one thing!
56,000,000 Babies to date... 1,000's a month die
because your god is sex!
You are out of your mind.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#109380 Jul 31, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder where Proven Science has been hiding. LOL
Mike, you do know Proven Science is female. Well we will just call her a dude'ette' lol
She doesn't keep a moniker as her own, she just tries them on to see how they fit. <shrug> They all make her butt look big.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#109381 Jul 31, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to read that a few times... As it is flawed on it's face owing that there are even today several Flightless birds... And it also states that Birds would have that birds may have had an ancient common ancestor with dinosaurs... So this one study, which is in disagreement with many other studies, just says that the branch off of the birds was a bit further back that first thought...
It says that Birds and Dinos had a Common Ancestor and evolved in to the raptor line and other along other evolutionary paths ... I say that started happening around 100 million years ago , this study say it may have been 200 million years ago... big Whoop... Exact Same Outcome... Birds today were what we called Dinosaurs in the fossil record before the big rock hit us....
I read it. And,,,,That is not what it said...You better read it again.
" that birds may have had an ancient common ancestor with dinosaurs, but they evolved separately on their own path, and after millions of years of separate evolution birds also gave rise to the raptors. Small animals such as velociraptor that have generally been thought to be dinosaurs are more likely flightless birds, he said.
"Raptors look quite a bit like dinosaurs but they have much more in common with birds than they do with other theropod dinosaurs such as Tyrannosaurus," Ruben said. "We think the evidence is finally showing that these animals which are usually considered dinosaurs were actually descended from birds, not the other way around."
And,if you have an issue with that article,take it up with the Scientists who are making those claims....

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#109382 Jul 31, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Read it slowly this time!
"Scientists determined that the chicken had to come first,
because only a chicken can lay a chicken egg"
Now... did that chicken have to wait LONG before finding a mate???
No... the was another chicken at the Time of creation...
Go figure!
There Were No Chickens until Humans bred them... A Turkey is not a Chicken... A Grouse is not a Chicken... A Pea Fowl is Not a Chicken... A Guinea Hen is not a Chicken.... There were no vast herds of free range Chickens on the plains of the South West USA... Man bred some other birds long ago to make a Chicken...
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#109383 Jul 31, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
There Were No Chickens until Humans bred them... A Turkey is not a Chicken... A Grouse is not a Chicken... A Pea Fowl is Not a Chicken... A Guinea Hen is not a Chicken.... There were no vast herds of free range Chickens on the plains of the South West USA... Man bred some other birds long ago to make a Chicken...
There were no chickens or any other form of life until God created them.
That is where Science and Atheism collide with those of us,whom because of our personal experiences. have comre to believe and trust in God.
To those who truly believe there is no magic involved,no delusions,we do not hear voices,
Our faith and trust in God and Jesus Christ is not anchored in fear of death or heavenly rewards.
It is based on the personal relationship wee have established with our LORD.
Christ said that if we allowed him and the father , they would abide in us. We took him at his word and he has proven himself to be true.
That is something that can not be explained,it has to be experienced.
To those who do not beliueve,it is nonsense. To those of us who have experienced it,it is the basis and foundation of our faith.
That faith will not be shaken by the opinions of unbelievers.
Greater is he that is in us,than he who is in the world...
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#109384 Jul 31, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Genesis, god doesn't really create the things that make light until after he makes light. And of course the order is different depending on if you're going with creation myth 1 or creation myth 2, both of which are in Genesis.
The Bible is no more scientifically accurate than a first grader's drawings of giant robots fighting sharks.
- Big Bang and the fall of the myth of the stable static universe.
In 1989, NASA had lunched the satellite (Cuba) for the detection of cosmic radiation resulted from the Big Bang and compiling information on the radiation and this satellite was able in only 8 minutes just to give a complete picture of the radiation and it is proven that the universe is made and this is what knocked off the atheists in critical embarrassment.
A. S. EDDINGTON says: "Philosophically, the notion of an abrupt beginning to the present order of Nature is repugnant to me"
And DENNIS SCIAMA said that he did not defended the steady-state theory, not because he deemed it valid, but because he wished that it were valid. SCIAMA goes on to say that as evidences began to pile up, he had to admit that the game was over and that the steady-state theory had to be dismissed.. And that he must leave aside the theory of the stable universe
and his colleague GEORGE ABEL said that he has no choice but to accept the Big Bang theory.

This prompted the atheist philosopher of the twenty century ANTHONY FLEW to say his famous aphorism:- "Notoriously, confession is good for the soul. I will therefore begin by confessing that the atheist has to be embarrassed by the contemporary cosmological consensus." .. because the science has proven the idea that were defended by religious books.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#109385 Jul 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it. And,,,,That is not what it said...You better read it again.
" that birds may have had an ancient common ancestor with dinosaurs, but they evolved separately on their own path, and after millions of years of separate evolution birds also gave rise to the raptors. Small animals such as velociraptor that have generally been thought to be dinosaurs are more likely flightless birds, he said.
"Raptors look quite a bit like dinosaurs but they have much more in common with birds than they do with other theropod dinosaurs such as Tyrannosaurus," Ruben said. "We think the evidence is finally showing that these animals which are usually considered dinosaurs were actually descended from birds, not the other way around."
And,if you have an issue with that article,take it up with the Scientists who are making those claims....
I see two things wrong here.

1) You have a habit of posting articles and things then, when challenged, you want us to "take it up with them". But they aren't here. You are here. If you post it, you have to defend it. Or at least demonstrate that it is a supported idea.(And I'm not saying this one isn't, by the way...there are *always* new studies challenging old ideas. Its just that it takes more than one study or experiment to overturn a well established idea.)

2) You don't even accept evolution. Why in the world are you posting articles *about* evolution?? Do you accept that birds evolved over millions of years from ancestors they had in common with other animals? If not, you are being highly disingenuous here.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#109386 Jul 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaah,Those are the symptoms experienced by an Atheist when they consume the contents of their stills...
Yiagio can tell you about that.
He has confessed to ingesting bad liquor while watching movies with his friends.
And yes,,,,Birds evolved from dinosaurs;
It's fashionable today to claim that birds evolved from dinosaurs, although again, there is little agreement on which dinosaur lineage was ancestral to birds. The claim persists in spite of the fact that birds and dinosaurs differ markedly. Legs must become wings and scales must become feathers. Dinosaurs had solid bones, yet bird bones are hollow. Reptilian dinosaurs were likely cold blooded while birds are warm blooded with an extremely high metabolism. Dinosaurs had lungs similar to mammals, while the bird's breathing scheme is totally different. At least dinosaur eggs were similar to birds eggs
Any birdbrain can attest to that inane opinion
Necessity is the mother of invention and there are those who need to invent the unbelievable in order to justify the ludicrous
Wow...you just plagiarized the Institute for Creation Research.

http://www.youroriginsmatter.com/conversation...

"It's fashionable today to claim that birds evolved from dinosaurs, although there is little agreement on which dinosaur lineage was ancestral to birds. Also, birds and dinosaurs differ completely—legs had to become wings and scales had to become feathers. Dinosaurs had solid bones, yet bird bones are hollow. Reptilian dinosaurs were likely cold blooded, and birds are warm blooded with an extremely high metabolism. Dinosaurs had lungs similar to mammals, while the bird breathing scheme is totally different. At least dinosaur eggs were similar to birds’ eggs internally. Externally, they had a soft, leathery shell, which was quite different from bird eggs."

I mean...if you're going to post someone else's EXACT WORDS at least cite the source and link to it. And for pete's sake...chose an intelligent source. The ICR is not considered to be remotely intelligent or worth quoting by anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together.

They believe the earth is 6000 years old and a talking snake told a woman to eat fruit. They are, in a word, nutters.

If someone else already called you out on this I'm sorry to repeat but it's worth it anyway.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#109387 Jul 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Who is to say any of the bible is correct?
Extra ordinary claims require extra ordinary evidence, yet the biblical claims have no evidence at all. So expecting us to believe is unreasonable.
Expecting us to respect your discrimination of women and homosexuals due to your blind faith is not reasonable.
Believe what you wish, but when it tramples upon others, I have a problem with it and I will voice those concerns.

Your post is but excuses to keep in denial. Denial is the key to faith.

Bart Ehrman has long been one of the most famous biblical scholars of our time.
He was a devout evangelical Christian. As he studied the bible, the more he found discrepancies that made him have doubts. A few years ago he came out and declared himself an agnostic.
Nice attempt at changing the topic. This response was about a pastor who DOES believe in the Bible, losing his faith due to a footnote, not even the content of the Bible.

Do you want me to google this guy now?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#109388 Jul 31, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no chickens or any other form of life until God created them.
That is where Science and Atheism collide with those of us,whom because of our personal experiences. have comre to believe and trust in God.
To those who truly believe there is no magic involved,no delusions,we do not hear voices,
Our faith and trust in God and Jesus Christ is not anchored in fear of death or heavenly rewards.
It is based on the personal relationship wee have established with our LORD.
Christ said that if we allowed him and the father , they would abide in us. We took him at his word and he has proven himself to be true.
That is something that can not be explained,it has to be experienced.
To those who do not beliueve,it is nonsense. To those of us who have experienced it,it is the basis and foundation of our faith.
That faith will not be shaken by the opinions of unbelievers.
Greater is he that is in us,than he who is in the world...
That's just idiotic.......

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#109390 Jul 31, 2013
HealthyMindandSoul wrote:
<quoted text>Statistics seem far more reputable.
I disagree. Popular consensus means nothing on most topics outside of opinion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Coal Country for TRUMP" T-Shirts 4 hr CoalCountry4TRUMP 1
Cole Spears 4 hr Daddy Dave 6
jesus estrada (Dec '09) 4 hr Get yah one 20
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 4 hr Kyboy 2,579
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 5 hr OH CHIT 32,736
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 5 hr -Prince- 7,594
Word Association (Aug '11) 5 hr -Prince- 6,922
End of UMG? 9 hr Oso Phunny 7

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages