Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,242

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
curious

Ocoee, FL

#107901 Jul 3, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between fact and theory. Evolution is a fact, the Theory of Evolution is a theory that explains the fact of evolution.
It is a fact that things fall to the ground when dropped. It is a fact that light takes about 8 minutes to get to Earth from the Sun. It is a fact that there is a tiny time delay between satellites and GPS devices. Newtonian physics is a theory that explains a lot of that, and Relativity is an even better theory that explains much more of it.
One day we might get a theory of evolution that is better than what we have today, just like we did with physics. But until that day comes we teach what we know.
What is the alternative? Teach kids nothing at all? Teach them that god did it? Fill their heads with all manner of contradictory, unsupported ideas and then expect them to know how to parse the good from the bad?
It is a fact that trying to explain God's creation by using a foolish theory as proposed by some scientists and Evolutionists is an attempt to insult the intelligence of even the lowest form of intellect.
The nonliving can not create life.
Non intelligence can not create intelligence.
Evolutionists and atheists are good at creating and spreading nonsense and giberish.
They can not accept that there is an intelligent being capable of creating the universe,life and everything therein.
They will accept that those events happened by accident.
Problem is,they are unable to explain those accidents...
Other than; 3 billion years ago,on a saturday afternoon at 4:20 PM
something happened that created life...
500 million years ago,on the eleventeenth of May,another unobserved and undocumented event took place in the region known as lower Slobovia.
A VERTEBRATE HAD A FREAK ACCIDENT and there statrted the beginings of intelligence.
Now ,if you weill excuse me,I will get back to watching the Wizard Of Oz.
I like the part where the house falls on the wicked witch in the woods.
By the way,Did ya know?
70 % of chidren raised by atheist parents will become religiously affiliated in their adult life...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#107902 Jul 3, 2013
DOES ANYONE CARE TO EXPLAIN THE FOLLOWING

Biology texts illustrate amoebas evolving into intermediate organisms, which then give rise to amphibians, reptiles, mammals, and, eventually, humans. Yet, we never learn exactly when or how independent male and female sexes originated. Somewhere along this evolutionary path, both males and females were required in order to ensure the procreation that was necessary to further the existence of a particular species. But how do evolutionists explain this? When pressed to answer questions such as,“Where did males and females actually come from?,”“What is the evolutionary origin of sex?,” evolutionists become silent. How could nature evolve a female member of a species that produces eggs and is internally equipped to nourish a growing embryo, while at the same time evolving a male member that produces motile sperm cells? And, further, how is it that these gametes (eggs and sperm) conveniently “evolved” so that they each contain half the normal chromosome number of somatic (body) cells?[Somatic cells reproduce via the process of mitosis, which maintains the species’ standard chromosome number; gametes are produced via the process of meiosis, which halves that number.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107904 Jul 3, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I have plenty of evidence... I'm still Alive!
You are ignorant of His existence!
You keep saying you have plenty of evidence, yet you present none. Where is this evidence? If there is plenty then it should be a simple matter for you to present it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107905 Jul 3, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Tisk, tisk...
I can tell you about the Grand Canyon, even show you pictures,
but... unless you experience God for yourself,
seek Him diligently...
You will never Know what WE Know, until Judgment day!
Yes, and because you can show pictures, rock samples, and other verifiable evidence the existence of the Grand Canyon is not questionable. You have no evidence for your god, thus your claim is dismissed as fairy tales.
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#107906 Jul 3, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a fact that trying to explain God's creation by using a foolish theory as proposed by some scientists and Evolutionists is an attempt to insult the intelligence of even the lowest form of intellect.
The nonliving can not create life.
Non intelligence can not create intelligence.
Evolutionists and atheists are good at creating and spreading nonsense and giberish.
They can not accept that there is an intelligent being capable of creating the universe,life and everything therein.
They will accept that those events happened by accident.
Problem is,they are unable to explain those accidents...
Other than; 3 billion years ago,on a saturday afternoon at 4:20 PM
something happened that created life...
500 million years ago,on the eleventeenth of May,another unobserved and undocumented event took place in the region known as lower Slobovia.
A VERTEBRATE HAD A FREAK ACCIDENT and there statrted the beginings of intelligence.
Now ,if you weill excuse me,I will get back to watching the Wizard Of Oz.
I like the part where the house falls on the wicked witch in the woods.
By the way,Did ya know?
70 % of chidren raised by atheist parents will become religiously affiliated in their adult life...
Who ever ruled out that the possible aforementioned vertebrae was not a sprinkle of proverbial salt dropped unto the Earth, from elsewhere..still YET, that of which remains unknown?
To rule such out-would sound about as ignorant and idioTic as an athiest speaking.

I like the part where the wicked witch melts away into the pile of hatred goo she represented.:-)
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#107907 Jul 3, 2013
curious wrote:
DOES ANYONE CARE TO EXPLAIN THE FOLLOWING
Biology texts illustrate amoebas evolving into intermediate organisms, which then give rise to amphibians, reptiles, mammals, and, eventually, humans. Yet, we never learn exactly when or how independent male and female sexes originated. Somewhere along this evolutionary path, both males and females were required in order to ensure the procreation that was necessary to further the existence of a particular species. But how do evolutionists explain this? When pressed to answer questions such as,“Where did males and females actually come from?,”“What is the evolutionary origin of sex?,” evolutionists become silent. How could nature evolve a female member of a species that produces eggs and is internally equipped to nourish a growing embryo, while at the same time evolving a male member that produces motile sperm cells? And, further, how is it that these gametes (eggs and sperm) conveniently “evolved” so that they each contain half the normal chromosome number of somatic (body) cells?[Somatic cells reproduce via the process of mitosis, which maintains the species’ standard chromosome number; gametes are produced via the process of meiosis, which halves that number.
Interesting theory that allows for both Science AND faith to exist harmoniously-for those with some actual functioning brain matter anyway-- isn't it.
ProvenScience

Manchester, KY

#107908 Jul 3, 2013
Therefore, SOME of us will stand on our *original* appreciation that of the wisdom that can be found within the PERSONAL favorite quote of-

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

*NO additional quotes required* as MANY can READ, Speak and THINK as well, for THEMSELVES.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#107909 Jul 3, 2013
So true

Pelham, TN

#107910 Jul 3, 2013
Happy 4th all!!!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#107911 Jul 3, 2013
Of course the truth being,

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly."

Albert Einstein

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#107912 Jul 3, 2013
Yiago wrote:
That is the dumbest thing I've read today. Thank you.
Dumb but true:
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/07/01/...

“There is no god.”

USA

#107913 Jul 3, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
You should have told us Don from Cambridge, Nebraska said it.
It was Ned from Cambridge, Nebraska that who said, "there is no god".
They be some truthful people in Nebraska for sure.
Everyone can take as fact what Don and Ned say, don't you agree?

“There is no god.”

USA

#107914 Jul 3, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
www.scribd.com/doc/149384308.. .
&fe ature=related

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107915 Jul 3, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>There is a difference between fact and theory. Evolution is a fact, the Theory of Evolution is a theory that explains the fact of evolution.

It is a fact that things fall to the ground when dropped. It is a fact that light takes about 8 minutes to get to Earth from the Sun. It is a fact that there is a tiny time delay between satellites and GPS devices. Newtonian physics is a theory that explains a lot of that, and Relativity is an even better theory that explains much more of it.

One day we might get a theory of evolution that is better than what we have today, just like we did with physics. But until that day comes we teach what we know.

What is the alternative? Teach kids nothing at all? Teach them that god did it? Fill their heads with all manner of contradictory, unsupported ideas and then expect them to know how to parse the good from the bad?
I'm ok with teaching that evolution occurs, while providing examples that have been proven. But apes to humans have not been proven yet, so it should be taught as a theory. Just as whether you are born gay or not has not been proven yet, it should be taught that it is a theory, and then present the evidence that leads some to believe it.

“There is no god.”

USA

#107917 Jul 3, 2013
Humans share a common ancestor with apes.
NOT
Apes turning into humans.

Do all religies get their degrees in Stupid from the same school?

“There is no god.”

USA

#107918 Jul 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying you have plenty of evidence, yet you present none. Where is this evidence? If there is plenty then it should be a simple matter for you to present it.
Let's not beat around the burning bush.
There is no god.
No god means no evidence.
No religie can produce what does not exist.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#107919 Jul 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ok with teaching that evolution occurs, while providing examples that have been proven. But apes to humans have not been proven yet, so it should be taught as a theory.
Because it's a flawed and incomplete , and now rather antiquated theory ONLY as well.

With some of the most outdated, ignorant, elementary level "pictergraphs" to have ever been forced into textbooks anywhere.

Thank goodness, real Science that evolves as LOGIC presents reason and rational, and does NOT "stay" mired in dark age muddlesome muck.
known truth

Tampa, FL

#107920 Jul 3, 2013
Romans 12:2
King James Version (KJV)

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Deuteronomy 18:13
King James Version (KJV)

13 Thou shalt be perfect with the Lord thy God.

Joshua 1:8
King James Version (KJV)

8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#107921 Jul 3, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's a flawed and incomplete , and now rather antiquated theory ONLY as well.
With some of the most outdated, ignorant, elementary level "pictergraphs" to have ever been forced into textbooks anywhere.
Thank goodness, real Science that evolves as LOGIC presents reason and rational, and does NOT "stay" mired in dark age muddlesome muck.
Common sense is so rare these days it should be classified as a superpower!
known truth

Tampa, FL

#107922 Jul 3, 2013
Matthew 5:37
King James Version (KJV)

37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cover songs (Jul '11) 4 min Musikologist 889
Little Police Chief Antics 5 min Cool Sweater 4
Larry Webster County Court Clerk (Mar '14) 7 min Voted For Cullen 26
A to Z of Song Titles Posted (Dec '13) 10 min Musikologist 936
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 10 min MUSICK-NESS 22,329
City Minutes Not Updated 10 min Overpaid Clerk 31
No Peace Without Jesus 13 min Peace Of Pie 10
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 17 min Nothing 20,552
now the real fun begins. 1 hr Amy 18
Pikeville Dating