Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148963 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107826 Jul 1, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>2 Peter
3:3 Knowing this first, that there will come in the last days
scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since
the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as [they were]
from the beginning of the creation.
3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of
God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the
water and in the water:
3:6 By which the world that then was, being overflowed with
water, perished:
3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same
word are kept in store, reserved to fire against the day of
judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
You are a tard!
Good day!
So in other words, you have no evidence supporting your assertion that your god is not just your imaginary friend. Got it, you are delusional.
How stupid can you be

Versailles, KY

#107827 Jul 1, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Did an atheist hurt you in the past?
Odds of Atheist > Christian hurting...
6,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 1
How stupid can you be

Versailles, KY

#107828 Jul 1, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
...one got up...and oh look, a worm farm.
Here fishy fishy fishy.......
Eeeeewwwww!
How stupid can you be

Versailles, KY

#107829 Jul 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You should choose more reputable and accurate sources.
You surely do not!
ProvenScience

London, KY

#107830 Jul 1, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hubris is not dangerous...
When progagrandized out in large doses on unsuspecting populations-yes it it.

Just look at the current mess(es) in white house.
How stupid can you be

Versailles, KY

#107831 Jul 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Says your superstition, which a secular nation does not need respect for law making purposes. Note how DOMA was deemed unconstitutional.
Their was a time when your god prophets claimed eating shellfish was a sin. Wearing clothes of two different fibers was a sin. Now why should we listen to your superstitious concerns again?
It's called the "New Testament"!
If you knew how, and why the Constitution was formed...
You wouldn't talk like a tard!
Read about it, read what Washington, and the Adam's wrote!
They made the Perfect way of our Government to be ran, and you liberals crapped all over it!
But hey... We Believers new this would happen, and
you prove the Bible to be true everyday!
But... you'll post again, and again!
How stupid can you be

Versailles, KY

#107832 Jul 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not pretend my imaginary friend was anything more than a childhood dream, thus why I gave mine up when I grew up, instead of just calling it god like you do. You should consider growing up too.
You haven't grown up yet...
It took me 50 years to get to KNOW what I know... Your still behind!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#107833 Jul 1, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Time tells the tale... As I said the slippery slope tilts a bit with each slip.... And it starts already...
Polygamists consider the SCOTUS ruling a trail blazing ruling for consideration of Marriage being between several consenting adults... And when that is found valid then comes net slip followed shortly by the Animal Rights groups to give animals standing in the marital status....
http://www.mrc.org/articles/polygamy-advocate...
Yep! the Mormons are off n running!
NAMBLA will be close behind... No pun intended!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#107834 Jul 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If by "sport" you mean practice, then yes, that sometimes occurs. A kitten might fight a bug scurrying around to hone his skills to hunt.
Their is a hypothesis that says humans play all sports to satisfy the instinct to hunt.
What is fun and how do we get pleasure from hunting? It all seems to boil down to our instincts.
God given instincts!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#107835 Jul 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I enjoy how you make some of the morons' heads explode so easily, almost poetic.
You don't make anyone's head explode... We just try to figure out how to decrease your ignorance, and help you from being a total tard!
See... we do not get the say of who is deserving of salvation, that is Gods job!
We Know we didn't deserve it, and are Thankful to have it!
I hope someday, you will be thankful too!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#107836 Jul 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So one huge and important question remains ....
.... where is the evidence that your book is anything but a collection of myths?
2 Peter
3:3 Knowing this first, that there will come in the last days
scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since
the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as [they were]
from the beginning of the creation.
3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of
God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the
water and in the water:
3:6 By which the world that then was, being overflowed with
water, perished:
3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same
word are kept in store, reserved to fire against the day of
judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
Hope this helps, as it is talking about YOU!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#107837 Jul 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>All humans fear death, but your beliefs might quite some of those fears. Not sure why you make fear of death sound like a bad thing?
The military trains people to not fear death so much. Likely for the same reasons religion did so. Whatever makes for a good soldier, marching off to war, with the cross of Jesus........
Know who did not fear death for the same reasons as yourself? The 9/11 hijackers. Marching off to war......
Yeah... they jumped into the fire... We shy away from it!
See, we're not promised 72 virgins, that we could do nothing with...
No, just salvation!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#107838 Jul 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Mythical stories of collapsed societies do not count.
Even in the Sodom story, the collapse was due to god murdering all the people.
You worship a mass murderer.
Evil people!
Get it straight!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#107839 Jul 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So in other words, you have no evidence supporting your assertion that your god is not just your imaginary friend. Got it, you are delusional.
Whatever you want to believe....
But you will know the truth... soon!
known truth

United States

#107840 Jul 1, 2013
James 4:1
King James Version (KJV)

4 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#107841 Jul 1, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
When progagrandized out in large doses on unsuspecting populations-yes it it.
Just look at the current mess(es) in white house.
Hubris is not dangerous...

The Actions of the Individual or Group can be....
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#107842 Jul 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharpshooter fallacy, your point is dismissed.
Oh yes,The magical and faity tale content of evolution is the norm in the minds of those who inhabit the Twilight zone.
Millions of years ago,in a land far away"A genetic accident experienced by an invertebrate sea animal, led to extra copies of brain genes being made. These extra genes benefited the sea animal's descendants, leading to behaviorally sophisticated vertebrates, including humans,
If you ever wondered about the origin of intelligence in humans and other mammals, that's the answer from a team of researchers led by Professor Seth Grant of the University of Edinburgh.

Spaced Out
Dreamily or eerily out of touch with reality; disoriented,
Under the influence of mind altering drugs

Entwicklung der psychisch instabil
Ogoprindelsen der er græske en tinden for klassisk og middelalderlig autorite kultur gennemgår i værket til vor tids politiske militære efterretningstjeneste belyst ved beskrivelser fra Mellemøsten før vor tidsregning, de bystater, Rom og Byzants, de arabisk-muslimske imperier, det mongolske imperium, Kina og det middelalderlige

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107843 Jul 1, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>That's code for "using your brain". I'm happy to be separated if that be the case, my friend. Happy indeed.
Ignorance is bliss

Location hidden

#107844 Jul 1, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>No, no, no.

It will not come to humans and animals. Holy hell, people. What part of adult, mutual, and consent do you NOT understand??

Homosexuality is a sexual orientation. Being attracted to your sister is NOT. Desiring five wives is NOT. Those are completely different issues.

And if they ever came to the forefront of the culture wars (I doubt they will, personally, because far fewer people are compelled to practice incest or have multiple spouses) then we will parse the subject out fully, in public and open dialog...just like we have been doing with homosexuality for decades.

Jesus effin' Christ. If I was as scared of everything as you guys seem to be I'd just never leave the house.
It isn't common now, but it will become so.
And again, that dog humping someone's leg equals consent in someone's warped mind.

And what about a brother and sister that were separated and did not grow up together? How would they know not to be attracted to each other?

Location hidden

#107845 Jul 1, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, some rulers are bumpkins. Especially a thousand years ago. The "mainstream" of expert opinion does not always match what the uneducated are thinking. We have congressmen right now who believe the earth is about 6000 years old and that women's bodies can "shut down" rape sperm.

Science is always a provisional engagement. It is not absolute. Everything single theory that I am willing to call fact on this day could be overturned in the future in light of new evidence and new theories.

But in the meantime we have to teach kids what we think is the best idea today. The big problem, I think, is that we don't teach kids critical thinking at an early age. For some reason we are afraid it will cause them to question our authority or something. But without critical thinking skills you get adults who think Zija cures warts and a hologram on a plastic bracelet improves your balance.
Then we shouldn't call it "fact" and we shouldn't teach it as "fact". It is theory and should be taught as such.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 40 min Paris 2,259
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 2 hr Paris 32,392
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 25,497
Daddy wants to play with teen daughter 5 hr Big Daddy 12
Pike Co. Sheriffs Office (Nov '08) 5 hr Friend 268
Island Creek shooting 5 hr I kn 139
Duanne Thompson 6 hr Hahaha 5
Buffalo Wild Wings is open 10 hr just hangin 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance