Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,947)

Showing posts 98,921 - 98,940 of122,616
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
I could be standing in front of you, praying away, and you couldn't say jack about it, you meanarse schitt.
It's MY first amendment, too. Hey, I'll say any damned thing I want to say about you saying your primitive supersillyitious rituals, Jack.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Hack a Mormon server did ya?
Shame....shame on you!
I can only plead NGRI.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Science can be wrong, and often is. That is the great strength of critical thinking. It CAN correct itself. In fact, it MUST. It starts with questions and observations, follows the evidence where it leads.
Compare that to your religion which starts with the answer, makes everything fit regardless of evidence.
Science attempts to explain what it observes in the natural world and is not equipped to explain that which is outside of the natural world
The Bible speaks about the Supernatural or Spiritual world
I think we can agree on that.
Up until the big bang theory was developed,many Scientists believed that the Universe was Eternal,contrary to what is stated in the Bible.
Now,they have evidence that the Universe was created.
As I understand it, according to the BB theory,there was nothing before the creation of the Universe.If there was nothing,then one would have to conclude that something was created from nothing...
If there was something before the Big Bang,how was that something created,was it eternal?
Anyhow,we know that the Universe was created.
According to the BB,the Universe was made up of nonintelligent and nonliving matter.
Somehow this nonintelligent and nonliving matter was able to evolve into intelligent living matter,
a process which Science is not able to explain.
Based on those unexplainable processes,theories have been proposed as to how this MIGHT have occurred.
If the foundation of your theories are based on a process that you are unable to explain,then chances are very good that your theories are inaccurate,,That is called Garbage in,Garbage out.
To me,the idea that a single living cell was able to create itself and that over a period of billions of years was able to evolve into the many different living species contained in our planet, both male and female,independent of each other is absurd,
That our solar system was created from nothing,by nothing is incredulous.
That is 'Science Fiction' at it's best...And I don't believe,nor have any reason to..
When Science and or Evolution is in a position to address those issues,I will be willing to listen.
I am not going to accept that,someday they may come up with an answer.
The current example of which came first,the chicken or the egg,points to the chicken having been created by someone that knew exactly what they were doing,created the chicken and provided it with the means to reproduce after it's own kind and confidently informed it to go out and multiply,after your own kind.
Now,I am sure that the same meaningless cliches will be posted.
I don't understand the laws of nature,or biology and whatever else may come to mind.
There is much I may not understand,but,I am quite able to identify nonsense when I read it.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you try to follow curious' apologetic "logical" conclusions about ovocledidin-17, ostriches, flamingos, penguins and eagles are chickens.
Maybe that's why Alligator and Frog taste like chicken?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only plead NGRI.
Copycat. Pew research says that 79.5% of Americans claim the same defense. Where were you between the hours of 8 am and 10 am Sunday?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
All the article actually states is that they have studied a previously identified protein and how it is recycled as a catalyst to crystallize calcium carbonate and form a shell. Trying to make that supportive of 'intelligent design' is the very essence of pseudoscience.
Never mind that the same protein is found in even soft shell egg laying animals just in much lower densities... And I would bet if looked for it would be found in All animals that have Bones at some level or variant ....

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyhow,we know that the Universe was created.
According to the BB,the Universe was made up of nonintelligent and nonliving matter.
Somehow this nonintelligent and nonliving matter was able to evolve into intelligent living matter,
No freakin' wonder the banks needed a bailout.
Want to buy some choice property in South Florida? How about a bridge or two?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am asking you, yet you avoid answering. I cannot hear ghosts, so I guess you need to relay those words the ghost says to you for me.
Now why did it say in Deuteronomy to kill infidels? Was this moral in your eyes? If so, then do you feel Muslims killing infidels is moral? If not, then why?
Why should I seek a god that commands one to murder?
You have referred to DEUT 13;1-10 Test of false Prophets
In those verses,it is clearly explained the evil effect that false prophets will have on Hebrew society.
For that reason they are to be destroyed based on specific instructions.
If a false prophet arises,he would be aware of the consecuences as applied by the law.
If Jim Jones had lived in those days and the law had been applied ,a lot of lives would have been saved.
Same with David Koresh.
Would I have a problem with that,Absolutely not
I would also,not have a problem with applying the death sentence" Capital Punishment" to any individual or Society who practice' "burning their sons and daughters as a sacrifice to their Gods Deut 12;31.

In my view,Mohammed was a false prophet,probably should have been stoned....
911 may have never occured if he had.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that's why Alligator and Frog taste like chicken?
Alligators and frogs have been on Earth a lot longer. Ever consider that chicken tastes like them? Personally, I think that chicken tastes more like archaeopteryx, but a little less gamey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Alligators and frogs have been on Earth a lot longer. Ever consider that chicken tastes like them? Personally, I think that chicken tastes more like archaeopteryx, but a little less gamey.
Picky, Picky, Picky.... Since we all evolved from bacterium then all our food should taste like Danon Yogart....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
And ifn your chomping on archaeopteryx you get some mighty tough teeth...
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it's hard for you with your limited knowledge base but Chickens are made by Humans.... We Selected wild fowl and selectively bred them to produce a domesticated animal different in shape, habits from any wild game that came before... Before man domesticated them there were no Chickens.... But there were animals laying eggs for the last 300 to 500 Million years at a minimum...
What you and other do is start with a Belief (God Did It) and anything that supports your preconceived notion is ok, anything that shows those preconceived notions as Balderdash are ignored...
So which came first, The Egg... The egg was a method a organism developed 100's of millions of years ago to deal with environmental conditions and one of those organisms, after 100's of millions of years, became a bird... Then after several 1000 years of Human Breeding some of those birds became Chickens as man acted as a natural selector....
Hey,Squantoumist,
Stop plagiarizing The Great Carnacs jokes,
That is the same answer Johnny Carson gave,when asked which came first,the chicken or the EGG

The Egg... The egg was a method a organism developed 100's of millions of years ago to deal with environmental conditions and one of those organisms, after 100's of millions of years, became a bird... Then after several 1000 years of Human Breeding some of those birds became Chickens as man acted as a natural selector

The audience roared and gave him a 10 minute standing ovation ,as they lay on the floor,laughing..
You are funny,
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Copycat. Pew research says that 79.5% of Americans claim the same defense. Where were you between the hours of 8 am and 10 am Sunday?
Iíll just have to plead the fifth amendment in response to your question., as do most Americans other than tea partiers, who strongly favor the second of course.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey,Squantoumist,
That is the same answer Johnny Carson gave,when asked which came first,the chicken or the EGG
The Egg... The egg was a method a organism developed 100's of millions of years ago to deal with environmental conditions and one of those organisms, after 100's of millions of years, became a bird... Then after several 1000 years of Human Breeding some of those birds became Chickens as man acted as a natural selector
The audience roared and gave him a 10 minute standing ovation ,as they lay on the floor,laughing..
You are funny,
Of course what you just posted is a Lie... Johnny did not give that same answer... Must mean you are going to burn in hell for lying, ya know that whole "Bearing False Witness" thingy....

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind that the same protein is found in even soft shell egg laying animals just in much lower densities... And I would bet if looked for it would be found in All animals that have Bones at some level or variant ....
Might be interesting to see if it's a factor in broken bones healing and rodents' teeth continuing to grow.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey,Squantoumist,
You are funny,
That was a Carson routine according to who? CARM? Your preacher? do you even remember how the Great Carnac routine went?
I thought you were going to work on being a better human - you know, stop lying and stuff. I know old habits are hard to break, but you could at least TRY...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Might be interesting to see if it's a factor in broken bones healing and rodents' teeth continuing to grow.
Yes it would, I wonder if it is associated with the gene that can be turned on that promotes tooth growth in birds... Would be a simple task to test for the protein and it's chemical signature with the talpid recession and without...
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>

So which came first, The Egg... The egg was a method a organism developed 100's of millions of years ago to deal with environmental conditions and one of those organisms, after 100's of millions of years, became a bird... Then after several 1000 years of Human Breeding some of those birds became Chickens as man acted as a natural selector....
Thank you for your logical presentation of things as you perceive them. I actually find that a bit easier to rationalize, being as I tend to believe we probably crawled out of Tethys and onto Pangea to start with.

Not to be confused of course, with things that transpired along the evolutionary pathways, a few mil years later!

Mess mess mess lol
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. You have the right to pray your eyes out in a public school. And there's nothing I can do about it (other than mock you).
But, the school itself cannot lead a prayer and ostensibly force students into praying. Big difference.
Excuse me, did you say something non-redundant? I missed it as I was engaging in a momentary meditative personal thought choice moment, also known as silence.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's MY first amendment, too. Hey, I'll say any damned thing I want to say about you saying your primitive supersillyitious rituals, Jack.
Ferme tu pie hole during the moment of personal thought choice. THEN you may proceed with your (ack) green noisy toys and stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 98,921 - 98,940 of122,616
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

100 Users are viewing the Pikeville Forum right now

Search the Pikeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Do Fools Follow/Support NObama Still Yet? 1 min Old Dide Is Yellow 27
What if Bundy Ranch Was Owned by a Bunch of Bla... 3 min Anarchy Reigns 8
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Republitards Are Stupid 138,478
Sick of hannity and Fox News 6 min JOE NASTY 28
Should UMG refund all Overcharges on Pulled Por... 7 min Panther H20 1
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 8 min Tigger 20,210
Nixon A Disgrace 9 min Anarchy Reigns 123
Judge 17 hr Amy 30
•••

Freeze Warning for Pike County was issued at April 17 at 8:46AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs