Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,073

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103511 May 14, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a Carson routine according to who? CARM? Your preacher? do you even remember how the Great Carnac routine went?
I thought you were going to work on being a better human - you know, stop lying and stuff. I know old habits are hard to break, but you could at least TRY...
Hey,We are talking comedy,I remember the Great Carnac...
Carm had nothing to do with it,,,,
I think you are confused.
If by Carm,you mean Carmine,then you are alluding to a totally different comedy series,,,,Laverne And Shirley..
Let us not get confused any more than you are....

You begining to sound like Arnold,,,,not Schwarzennegger,,,
Horschack.....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#103512 May 14, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, did you say something non-redundant? I missed it as I was engaging in a momentary meditative personal thought choice moment, also known as silence.
...but now the tap click tap of your keyboard has broken it with insipid chaos again.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#103513 May 14, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey,We are talking comedy,I remember the Great Carnac...
Carm had nothing to do with it,,,,
I think you are confused.
If by Carm,you mean Carmine,then you are alluding to a totally different comedy series,,,,Laverne And Shirley..
Let us not get confused any more than you are....
You begining to sound like Arnold,,,,not Schwarzennegger,,,
Horschack.....
No, by CARM I was referring to another comedy of the absurd team, the Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry.
ProvenScience

Somerset, KY

#103514 May 14, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
...but now the tap click tap of your keyboard has broken it with insipid chaos again.
Mmm mm mm mmess mess mess lol

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#103515 May 14, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
There is much I may not understand,but,I am quite able to identify nonsense when I read it.
And how do you make that distinction? How can you read something, not comprehend it, and then make the judgment that it is "nonsense" vs not "nonsense"?

Wouldn't, by definition, everything that you not understand be "nonsense"?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#103516 May 14, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Ferme tu pie hole during the moment of personal thought choice. THEN you may proceed with your (ack) green noisy toys and stuff.
Make good use of those moments of introspection to make up your mind, woman. Either you want me to mow the lawn or you don't.

Location hidden

#103517 May 14, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmm mm mm mmess mess mess lol
yikes

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#103518 May 14, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your logical presentation of things as you perceive them. I actually find that a bit easier to rationalize, being as I tend to believe we probably crawled out of Tethys and onto Pangea to start with.
Not to be confused of course, with things that transpired along the evolutionary pathways, a few mil years later!
Mess mess mess lol
Read a bit more and get back to me after you find out that Pangaea was not the first dry lands and that other continental alinements predated the Pangaea period with their own evolutionary species....

“See how you are?”

Earth

#103519 May 14, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
And how do you make that distinction? How can you read something, not comprehend it, and then make the judgment that it is "nonsense" vs not "nonsense"?
Wouldn't, by definition, everything that you not understand be "nonsense"?
That is obviously true, but since what he faithfully believes to be comprehensible is emotional, fantastical, illogical and nonsensical, he understands himself to be well qualified to discern it as false.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#103520 May 14, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, so is that like bring your clorox wipes?
Well, I suppose one might put it that way. It does make an interesting euphemism.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#103521 May 14, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, by CARM I was referring to another comedy of the absurd team, the Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry.
Sorry about that.I did not know that you were mentored by both, The 3 Stooges and Meridor.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#103522 May 14, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
yikes
Uh, huh. Reminds you of a 7th grade retort, doesn't it? The typical tea partier I've come across thinks atheists are all uncouth and despicable "libertards." Go figure.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#103523 May 14, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry about that.I did not know that you were mentored by both, The 3 Stooges and Meridor.
Dr.s Howard, Fine and Howard had a better grasp of reality than I've seen from you.
Huh-WHAT

Coxs Creek, KY

#103524 May 14, 2013
hi i just want to get the 100,000th post in this thread

“See how you are?”

Earth

#103525 May 14, 2013
Huh-WHAT wrote:
hi i just want to get the 100,000th post in this thread
Probably the most honestly objective post that's been on here in 2 months.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#103526 May 14, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
There's been PLENTY of archeological evidences that attest to varying aspects of the CULTURES of the times the Bible was written of and about. The BOOK itself is actually one, just the same as would be with something like Mark Twains Tom Sawyer books being written with some of the CULTURAL aspects apparent of the times it was penned in.
Even today-aspects of the same cultural beliefs, traditions and practices still exist, and just because people not might always agree on them, or practice them all the same themselves, does NOT mean that they do NOT exist. Do you need the book to smack you in the head or something to "GET IT"?
What part of that REALITY is so hard to grasp, the world is FULL of DIFFERENT cultures AND beliefs-even two thousand years ago, when Christianity was basically considered a subversive practice, a duck among geese, its existances of customs, often forced into secret places (of which there is MUCH much evidence-SEE:
Goreme Open Air Museum: cave churches with frescoes
Zelve Open Air Museum: an empty cave town with churches
Kaymakli Underground City: the largest underground city
Derinkuyu Underground City: the deepest underground city
Ihlara Valley: the deepest gorge of Anatolia
Uchisar: Roman rock-cut castle
Ortahisar: Roman rock-cut castle
Avanos: center of pottery since the Hittites
Pasabag: mushroom-shaped fairy chimneys, monks valley
Devrent: animal-shaped fairy chimneys, imagination valley
Hacibektas: center of Bektasi sect of Islam
Gulsehir: first settlements in Cappadocia
Forgotten Cave Churches: churches located in the valleys
Caravanserais: 13th century hotels on the silk road)
Why do people like you insist on denying the REALITIES of such? Just because you don't like it or agree with it???
SORRY. That is NOT reality. And that is NOT how AMERICA works either-like it or not!!!!
Yes the bible is much like the fiction books if Twain. They are both fiction. Yes, both have some real places in them, but the events are made up. There maybe a bit of truth in them, like the knowledge of cultures. But does that mean the culture was based upon good things or real gods?

Location hidden

#103527 May 14, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is obviously true, but since what he faithfully believes to be comprehensible is emotional, fantastical, illogical and nonsensical, he understands himself to be well qualified to discern it as false.
Well, that would explain the "logic" contortions he goes through while defending his positions.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103528 May 14, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Science attempts to explain what it observes in the natural world and is not equipped to explain that which is outside of the natural world
The Bible speaks about the Supernatural or Spiritual world
I think we can agree on that.
Up until the big bang theory was developed,many Scientists believed that the Universe was Eternal,contrary to what is stated in the Bible.
Now,they have evidence that the Universe was created.
As I understand it, according to the BB theory,there was nothing before the creation of the Universe.If there was nothing,then one would have to conclude that something was created from nothing...
If there was something before the Big Bang,how was that something created,was it eternal?
Anyhow,we know that the Universe was created.
According to the BB,the Universe was made up of nonintelligent and nonliving matter.
Somehow this nonintelligent and nonliving matter was able to evolve into intelligent living matter,
a process which Science is not able to explain.
Based on those unexplainable processes,theories have been proposed as to how this MIGHT have occurred.
If the foundation of your theories are based on a process that you are unable to explain,then chances are very good that your theories are inaccurate,,That is called Garbage in,Garbage out.
To me,the idea that a single living cell was able to create itself and that over a period of billions of years was able to evolve into the many different living species contained in our planet, both male and female,independent of each other is absurd,
That our solar system was created from nothing,by nothing is incredulous.
That is 'Science Fiction' at it's best...And I don't believe,nor have any reason to..
When Science and or Evolution is in a position to address those issues,I will be willing to listen.
I am not going to accept that,someday they may come up with an answer.
The current example of which came first,the chicken or the egg,points to the chicken having been created by someone that knew exactly what they were doing,created the chicken and provided it with the means to reproduce after it's own kind and confidently informed it to go out and multiply,after your own kind.
Now,I am sure that the same meaningless cliches will be posted.
I don't understand the laws of nature,or biology and whatever else may come to mind.
There is much I may not understand,but,I am quite able to identify nonsense when I read it.
Again, evolution is not based upon how life was created. You do not try to understand this simple concept. You keep ignoring the point.
By your reasoning, you should supply an answer to where god came from. But you have double standards.

Btw, the "nothing" that is spoke of by science is relative. What some claim about what was before the Big Bang is not actually part of the Big Bang theory. No one really knows or can as if yet show evidence for, what was before the bug bang. But you act as if you absolutely know(god).

The Steven Hawking hypothesis says energy likely existed before the Big Bang. Possibly the energy was eternal.
Energy is not complex like a god, so it is more reasonable that energy preceded everything.

Ironically you assume a complex god came first and you refuse to think life could come from a billion years of natural forces? In fact it was about ten billion years or so if you are counting from the Big Bang. Maybe less if life started on some other planet and came to earth on a inbound rock.

But you show some serious demeaning attitudes towards science yet again, so I really cannot believe you will really look with an open mind at any findings science gets.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#103529 May 14, 2013
Religious wrote:
The only Bible is the King James, I've known that my 67 years.
Well then you missed some learning. There are many versions.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#103530 May 14, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, huh. Reminds you of a 7th grade retort, doesn't it? The typical tea partier I've come across thinks atheists are all uncouth and despicable "libertards." Go figure.
Iím glad you brought that up ó the tea partiersí preferred and demonstrated anti-intellectual orientation. As we know, most receive their misinformation from Faux, Limbaugh, etc. They listen to incessant contrived extremist stories and do as they are told by dismissing legitimate news sources as MSM or lamestream media (one of those fun tea partier knee-slappers).

Given the dearth of written information geared toward tea partier consumption, itís no wonder that they are such focused listeners. I intend to fill this void by writing a basic extreme right-wing political primer that will be easy for most of them to understand, while observing the integrity of factual presentation and strict adherence to the rules of logic. There will be a lot of colorful illustrations showing characters speaking through caption bubbles and, of course, a fun coloring section. The goal is to enable them to participate in reasonable discussion, including debate, here on Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min Kentucky 5,510
old men 36 min cbbb 5
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Cornelius Scudmister 154,006
Johns Creek becoming a high school? 1 hr New School 32
JK Coleman 1 hr JK is Awesome 40
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr Republicans for G... 26,281
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Republicans for G... 81,643
Valley Elementary Teacher having an affair? 2 hr Praying for all 48
•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pikeville News, Events & Info