Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,819)

Showing posts 96,361 - 96,380 of128,518
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>I knew you'd say I'm wrong...
It's the same mentality, and problem, as those that think it's ok to kill innocent children in bombings!
I tell you you're wrong, explain how you're wrong, and tell you that there are multiple peer reviewed studies that can attest to this. Your response:
"UR A TERRIST!!! Now let me rant about how you can pray the gay away!"

What a pile of trash you are. Seriously. Are you so stupid that you don't understand that the strict adherence to a factless, unjustified, and unbelievable Abrahamic religion IS the primary cause of innocent children being killed in bombings today? And you're pointing a finger at ME?
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Use your scientific method, and fully explain how a Bumblebee can fly? I belive they can, one stung me the other day! However prove it, useing scientific fact? Have at it!
Are you really so stupid that you believe the old "science says a bumblebee can't fly" bullsh!t? Try spending 3 seconds actually thinking about something before you propose a kindergarten level challenge and make yourself look even more of an idiot than you really are.
Abner atcha wrote:
<quoted text>There is the difference, we have an ultimate goal, a goal that is for good. You have an ultimate goal also and that is to hurt, mock and despise every Christian on earth because of the same "Parrot" thing.
Your stupid assumptions and generalizations show exactly what is wrong with many Christians. It's nothing but a baseless attack, and I hope you're not so abysmally stupid that you think it's anything else.

I've met many atheists. I've met many more religious people. I can say that, without a doubt, the atheists do FAR more good for humanity. And I can also say, without a doubt, that the religious people show FAR more hate and intolerance. You take an objective look at the world and just try to tell me that I'm wrong.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"No one can really know what a god wants"???
Really?
I beg to differ... He saved me, we talk all the time!
Like the time He told me that Obama was nothing to be proud about...
The time He reminded me not to let my heart be troubled when
Romney lost...
That ALL these nasty things are coming to pass, and the end
will be soon 3-5 years!
This nation, this world is a broken crap hole...
due for Renovation!
Thank you Lord Jesus!
You are a psycho.
<quoted text>Compare them to humming birds...
Not like them in physics either!
Your mastery of your native language is stunning.
How stupid can you be

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I tell you you're wrong, explain how you're wrong, and tell you that there are multiple peer reviewed studies that can attest to this. Your response:
"UR A TERRIST!!! Now let me rant about how you can pray the gay away!"
What a pile of trash you are. Seriously. Are you so stupid that you don't understand that the strict adherence to a factless, unjustified, and unbelievable Abrahamic religion IS the primary cause of innocent children being killed in bombings today? And you're pointing a finger at ME?
<quoted text>
Are you really so stupid that you believe the old "science says a bumblebee can't fly" bullsh!t? Try spending 3 seconds actually thinking about something before you propose a kindergarten level challenge and make yourself look even more of an idiot than you really are.
<quoted text>
Your stupid assumptions and generalizations show exactly what is wrong with many Christians. It's nothing but a baseless attack, and I hope you're not so abysmally stupid that you think it's anything else.
I've met many atheists. I've met many more religious people. I can say that, without a doubt, the atheists do FAR more good for humanity. And I can also say, without a doubt, that the religious people show FAR more hate and intolerance. You take an objective look at the world and just try to tell me that I'm wrong.
<quoted text>
You are a psycho.
<quoted text>
Your mastery of your native language is stunning.
Hahahahahahaha!
Thanks... I knew you'd come through!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Compare them to humming birds...
Not like them in physics either!
Oh, I'm sorry, YaA. I didn't mean to exclude you.
http://www.amazon.com/Tweaky-Joseph-Betty-War...
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

You all have a great day....
May the Lord Bless you with the knowledge of Him!
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say quote scripture at me. If you didn't want to answer you shouldn't have written a giant non-answer.
If I had provided you an answer,you would not have been able to grasp it's meaning,as evidenced by your inability to grasp the meaning of my other responses.
I was merely pointing out what I believe to be the reasons for your inability to compprehend and therefore the futility of continuing our discussion.
My response,obviously,upset you,That was not my intention.
You did not state a reason as to why you may have disagreed with what I posted,, Your response makes it clear that You arbitrarily dismissed,because that is not what you wanted to hear

So be it
John F Dillenger

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
First: It wasn't Wikipedia. Not every wiki is Wikipedia. But in this case Wikipedia has a good article on it too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumblebee with multiple references that any college professor would approve of. FYI, Only dumb/lazy students cite Wikipedia...the smart ones cite the references that Wikipedia cites. See how that works?
Second: Please do the research, I'd love to hear your findings. I wasn't suggesting that you google what you post. I was suggesting that you google what you're thinking of posting before you post it. It may save you some embarrassment.
Well, you are right (didn't expect that did you)! If a bee of most any kind is compaired to a fixed wing aircraft, it can't fly, however it can't be and it does! So my hat is off to you! I did base it on what I had been told for many years, sometimes by highly educated people? My degree is in Psychology, not aerodynamics. So… How does this make you feel?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had provided you an answer,you would not have been able to grasp it's meaning,as evidenced by your inability to grasp the meaning of my other responses.
I was merely pointing out what I believe to be the reasons for your inability to compprehend and therefore the futility of continuing our discussion.
You did not state a reason as to why you may have disagreed with what I posted,, Your response makes it clear that You arbitrarily dismissed,because that is not what you wanted to hear
So be it
If you had not posted any ad and received a phone call from a complete stranger stating that a friend might have found your dog, it would be much more "miraculous." As it is, you placed your telephone number in the paper. Ads are not prayers. If both are answered, it is not a miracle, coincidence or even remarkable. If you continue to maintain that it is, take a real close look at the classifieds and testify in your faith that if a couple gays hook up at a seedy motel they have justly as much claim to Proof of the Miraculous Blessing and Will of God as you do.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my; you are so rude, are you lacking in some way? Are you Compensating for something you may be short on? ChromiuMan? Do you have a desire to shine, yet can't? Being an obnoxious ass makes you feel good, doesn’t it? Belittling others makes you feel BIG, doesn’t it little fellow?
Hey, you rudely boasted a claim that was erroneous, juvenile and ignorant. Don't blame me if you get called on it. Propose something that has a foothold in reality and we might discuss it - unless you are arrogant and idiotic, in which case you will likely be ridiculed again.

"The calculations that purported to show that bumblebees cannot fly are based upon a simplified linear treatment of oscillating aerofoils. The method assumes small amplitude oscillations without flow separation. This ignores the effect of dynamic stall, an airflow separation inducing a large vortex above the wing, which briefly produces several times the lift of the aerofoil in regular flight. More sophisticated aerodynamic analysis shows that the bumblebee can fly because its wings encounter dynamic stall in every oscillation cycle."

“pervinco per logica”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So be it
Here's the way that you, just like a good Christain, continually attempt to insult me instead of simply answering what was asked:
"you would not have been able to grasp"
"your inability to grasp"
"your inability to compprehend"
"upset you"
"arbitrarily dismissed"

So, to clarify exactly where you stand, NO... I am not unable to grasp anything you have or will state. I am not unable to comprehend anything you have or will state. I am not upset by the existence of stupid people on the internet. And I arbitrarily dismiss nothing. At this point, you can either tuck your tail and slink off to whatever hole you came from, or you can answer me.

I will state it again, as clearly as possible:
If you had never prayed could it still have happened in the exact same way (i.e. through either random chance or normal processes)? Do note that this says nothing about probability or your difficulty in grasping that a low probability occurrence could happen to you. Please explain what happened and how you think the question applies.
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you are right (didn't expect that did you)!
I did. He probably did, too. Why wouldn't we both expect that we were right? It's not like either of us tend to blab on about things we know nothing about and then ask worthless and invalid questions in an attempt to play "gotcha". I mean, who would do that?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had not posted any ad and received a phone call from a complete stranger stating that a friend might have found your dog, it would be much more "miraculous." As it is, you placed your telephone number in the paper. Ads are not prayers. If both are answered, it is not a miracle, coincidence or even remarkable. If you continue to maintain that it is, take a real close look at the classifieds and testify in your faith that if a couple gays hook up at a seedy motel they have justly as much claim to Proof of the Miraculous Blessing and Will of God as you do.
Here we go again,and you,as did the others who responded, are not addressing the specifics that I mentioned,that led to the events that led to my finding my dog.
Go back,read the specifics that I posted and address them.
They are 2 different events that took place on the same day, on the same date,at the same time.
when you can address those specifics,contained in the 2 separate events ,which you have not addressed,then get back to me with any questions you have.
Kindly refrain from any inane responses,such as have previously been expressed by others,
Address all the specifics, contained in both events, not merely the ones that serve your purpose,thereby arbitrarily ignoring the others and thereby making your conclusions invalid,since they are not based on the facts as I stated them
I f you can't or are unwilling to do that,then don't waste my time
John F Dillenger

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you rudely boasted a claim that was erroneous, juvenile and ignorant. Don't blame me if you get called on it. Propose something that has a foothold in reality and we might discuss it - unless you are arrogant and idiotic, in which case you will likely be ridiculed again.
"The calculations that purported to show that bumblebees cannot fly are based upon a simplified linear treatment of oscillating aerofoils. The method assumes small amplitude oscillations without flow separation. This ignores the effect of dynamic stall, an airflow separation inducing a large vortex above the wing, which briefly produces several times the lift of the aerofoil in regular flight. More sophisticated aerodynamic analysis shows that the bumblebee can fly because its wings encounter dynamic stall in every oscillation cycle."
My response was about your arrogant and condescending response to all that post! I admitted I was wrong; I was not actually responding to you; yet you felt is you’re obligation to run me down as you do almost everyone who posts on this topix! Yea you have a right to your opinion, as do others. You act like a child, and rudeness is all you know!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So be it
like a broken record... like a broken record... like a broken record, you are.
You make bold assertions "the events that happened to me can't be explained by science"...etc
But, when someone presses you for clarification, you claim they're too stupid to understand what "really" happened.

“pervinco per logica”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
You act like a child, and rudeness is all you know!
Sorry, hypocrite, but you were just as rude and arrogant as him. Probably more so.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

John F Dillenger

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, hypocrite, but you were just as rude and arrogant as him. Probably more so.
Is that why you responded to one line of my post? I would call someone a hypocrite, were I you.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you are right (didn't expect that did you)! If a bee of most any kind is compaired to a fixed wing aircraft, it can't fly, however it can't be and it does! So my hat is off to you! I did base it on what I had been told for many years, sometimes by highly educated people? My degree is in Psychology, not aerodynamics. So… How does this make you feel?
It makes me feel good for you. We all go through our lives carrying misconceptions around with us. I'm sure I have some now. Personally, I love the feeling of having one dispelled (not always immediately) because then I feel like my view of reality is clearer. So, yeah.. I feel good for you.
John F Dillenger

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I went back to make sure; and I made no comments to him at all, untill he rudely commented on a response I made to Mr S/S. Go back and show any comment I made to him prior to his smartass comment about me? Why Ummm, can't think of a name? The sound of the universe is Ommm; if thats what you are suggesting?
John F Dillenger

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes me feel good for you. We all go through our lives carrying misconceptions around with us. I'm sure I have some now. Personally, I love the feeling of having one dispelled (not always immediately) because then I feel like my view of reality is clearer. So, yeah.. I feel good for you.
Thank You. It was rather abrupt, was it not.:)

“pervinco per logica”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why you responded to one line of my post? I would call someone a hypocrite, were I you.
English, please. And before you start typing it, think.

“pervinco per logica”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
I went back to make sure; and I made no comments to him at all, untill he rudely commented on a response I made to Mr S/S. Go back and show any comment I made to him prior to his smartass comment about me? Why Ummm, can't think of a name? The sound of the universe is Ommm; if thats what you are suggesting?
In what way does it matter who commented to who? My point was clear. You were rude and arrogant. You accused him of being the same. You are a hypocrite. And a rather dense one, since I just had to explain this to you.

Also, don't worry about my Topix name. It's completely irrelevant to anything being discussed here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,361 - 96,380 of128,518
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

163 Users are viewing the Pikeville Forum right now

Search the Pikeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min yep 146,041
irs scandal (Jun '13) 7 min Kyboy 756
Dr Thad Manning (Feb '12) 7 min curious 31
this guy is crazy too 13 min illegal foreclosure 14
Benghazi, Boston, & Bureaucracy Blow Up Even More! (Apr '13) 19 min Kyboy 1,142
bb&t 19 min where at 7
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 28 min Hatti_Hollerand 21,098
•••
•••