Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,867

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#100603 Apr 22, 2013
Melanin.

And its not mentioned in the holyhatebible, one must read other books and such.
Guardian Angel

Charleston, WV

#100604 Apr 22, 2013
You all need to shut up,none of you have a clue.Read the bible.As for prove do you breath air?There is no big bang theory.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#100605 Apr 22, 2013
Guardian Angel wrote:
The wondering atheist,Do you breath air?Where do you suppose it comes from?See, your wrong when you think that Christians have to prove that god exist.You have to prove that he don't.
really? where does the air come from? lmao for one the oxygen is a by product of photosynthesis and thats all we need from the air to survive. and if u claim something exist the proof is on u. i can say unicorns are real but no one believes it cuz i cant prove it. the same with santa claus and the easter bunny and all that so by your reasoning they are all real cuz i bet u cant prove any of those are not real. u cant prove something when there is zero evidence from either side. zero evidence means the default is it doesnt exist so if u want us to believe it does exist get some evidence. i apologize for your god since he cant seem to make any legit evidence unless a man does it for him. the same as the other beings i mentioned in this thread. the burden of proof is on u the believer but u know u cant prove it so u try to change the way that all other things in life work just to fit your little fantasy. when your god gets all this power u claim maybe he can prove he exist but from the looks of it i think maybe he dont have the power to prove it cuz he doesnt exist.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#100606 Apr 23, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
JJG wrote:
What is really funny is that most Christians will end up in hell, according to the Bible on 12,000 will enter the kingdom of heaven
You are both wrong,thereby proving your lack of knowledge regarding the Scriptures.
You are reffering to Rev7;4 to 8 and conveniently left out the next verse Revelation 7:9
The Great Multitude in White Robes
9 After this I looked, and there before me was a( GREAT multitude that no one could COUNT), from EVERY nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.
You both,are either misinformeb OR intentionally deceitful
keep on reading....lol u will learn the ones that cant be counted are not goin to heaven. they will be living on the jesus controlled earth while the jewish 144k go on to heaven to be with the main god. u actually need to learn your bible a little better. dont make a statement that is wrong unless u read the whole thing. there are many many scriptures that tell u that no man will enter the gates of heaven but i guess u just ignore those as u go huh? lol this is one case that u dont know what u are talkin about but still had the arrogance about u to point out that u know more about it than me and for that i thank u, just proves more and more that the followers follow blind cuz they dont know what really is in the book.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#100607 Apr 23, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So why aren't those from pacific islands black? Why aren't people from nearest the equator black? Why are Eskimos darker skinned? Why are there white people in Africa?
im not exactly sure why but i can give u a pretty solid explaination and im far from a scientist or studied this topic. for one, africa is supposedly the start of humans so they have had more time to get darker that others at the equator but in turn all equator peoples have darker skin than norhtern europeans so they are turning slowly as they evolve. for eskimos i would guess because of the longer days they endure during certain time of the year it would cause them to produce more melanin in order to protect them during those months. and for the white ppl in africa, i know that is a no brainer, africa has diamonds and white ppl want them so they migrated there to rape africa of all its natural resources and make money from the resources and the ppl as slaves during the british colonial times. just sayin that in places of more sun light hrs u get ppl with darker skin for the protection it provides and when u get in the more equal parts inthe northern and southern hemispheres the ppl get lighter skin cause they are covered up more in the cold and the day hrs arent as long as other places so the body doesnt need all that extra protection.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100608 Apr 23, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Note the part where I said "you have the extreme position"?
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you have the biased extreme position that atheist never do good just because they like to do good. Of course this is an insane and false position to take, just as it was a false claim the bible took. You are both wrong.]
But thanks for proving my main point. The passage just breeds hate.
No hate... that's your position!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100609 Apr 23, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you mean if they claim to not have homosexual relations.
It is no secret your church opposes gay marriage. Again, behind the times of much of our government.
"behind the times of much of our government"....
Proves our much Government is Un-Righteous!
A good indication of social collapse!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100610 Apr 23, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You present no evidence supporting your assertions, dismissed.
Dismiss it all you want...
That is your problem, not mine!
Good day!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100611 Apr 23, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.
You Got something more you HAVE to say?
So true!
I'll bet he will say more, as he's already proved his foolishness!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#100612 Apr 23, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Coming from you that is too funny.
Drink poison
Hahahaha... I was right!
The fool speaks!
Thanks again!
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100613 Apr 23, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well it is kind of hard to take down the old ones, but adding new ones is what I am talking about.
I think the old ones should stay, as a testament to what our old ways of thought were. It is historical.
I do too, and I agree, they do speak volumes about the history of our nation.
Some of us find much merit in their common sense words of decency and ethics, for those who choose to acknowledge them anyway.

I for one would not want to exist, or be any part of anything that exists at such sub-par, sub-human, ignorant and intolerant level as to disrespect any thing even similar, so callously, as displayed by the destroyers of the Bimyian Statues, for example. Not ever.
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100614 Apr 23, 2013
You are funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Riddle me this priest how many commandments are there?
That would be according to whom you speak to, how much they've actually "read" in their lives, and then which ones they personally consider "applicable".:-)
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100615 Apr 23, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Lmao, "reasoning", that and belief, meltdown.
You appear to be having one, in that the whole world will never just see things "your way". Might as well get used to it, that'll never happen.

That doesn't "entitle" you to disrespect others based upon beliefs they may or may not have though, because in doing so, you just put yourself at the same scummy, low life, inhumane level as terrorist, and that sure is NOT anything to be proud of. Not at all.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100616 Apr 23, 2013
Guardian Angel wrote:
You all need to shut up,none of you have a clue.Read the bible.As for prove do you breath air?There is no big bang theory.
Hate much? Wipe up your drool and relax a little. A lot of us have read the bible. How does breathing air prove the existence of your god?
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100617 Apr 23, 2013
Guardian Angel wrote:
There is a BB theory, quite an established one.

Just some people have no issue with it, an d believe that it has merit-as well as the Bible, and that the two CAN and often DO, go right hand in hand, as in no need whatsoever to NOT think that BOTH bring their own contributions to humankind, on the "origins" and evolutions of the world and it's inhabitants as we know it.
Why some of us even find the BS that it has to be "either" the BB or Creationism, utterly contemptible, severely lacking and devoid of much of any logic at all.
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100618 Apr 23, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
really? where does the air come from? lmao for one the oxygen is a by product of photosynthesis and thats all we need from the air to survive. and if u claim something exist the proof is on u. i can say unicorns are real but no one believes it cuz i cant prove it. the same with santa claus and the easter bunny and all that so by your reasoning they are all real cuz i bet u cant prove any of those are not real. u cant prove something when there is zero evidence from either side. zero evidence means the default is it doesnt exist so if u want us to believe it does exist get some evidence. i apologize for your god since he cant seem to make any legit evidence unless a man does it for him. the same as the other beings i mentioned in this thread. the burden of proof is on u the believer but u know u cant prove it so u try to change the way that all other things in life work just to fit your little fantasy. when your god gets all this power u claim maybe he can prove he exist but from the looks of it i think maybe he dont have the power to prove it cuz he doesnt exist.
Why do you think the Bible is "just" about "a" God? I find that concept quite limited of any actual, real "thought".
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100619 Apr 23, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
just proves more and more that the followers follow blind cuz they dont know what really is in the book.
and you appear to be one of them.
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100620 Apr 23, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No hate... that's your position!
Those devoid of anything else, fall back(wards) to that kind a lot.

Just like terrorists-the stuff that Ugly and vile is made of.

Best just to avoid those kinds-like the black plague that they spew.
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100621 Apr 23, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate much? Wipe up your drool and relax a little. A lot of us have read the bible. How does breathing air prove the existence of your god?
Why would you think it should?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#100622 Apr 23, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
And no, I do not think that homosexuality will ever be acceptable to God, nor will His doctrine change on this. Even if society continues to find it more and more acceptable, I do not believe God will.
I have no problem with people that are gay. I have several friends and classmates that are gay, and we have great conversations about the topic. But I can't approve of the act itself so we do not talk about the details of their sex lives, but then again, I don't do that with my straight friends either.
You don't think gays will ever be acceptable to your God, but you don't have a problem with gays.

You have some gay friends.

"Some of my best friends are black, but...."

"Some of my best friends are women, but..."

"Some of my best friends are Mexican, but..."

"Some of my best friends are Jewish, but..."

See the pattern?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min Chuck 20,148
City Minutes Not Updated 1 hr AEP rookery 13
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 1 hr living dead girl 22,230
Have any coal miner's heard from Mitch McConnell? 1 hr muletrain 118
Sheriff Charles Fuzzy Keesee 1 hr BooWhooo 33
dr nadar 1 hr nobammer 2
I Love Music, Any Kinda Music (Dec '13) 1 hr MUSICK-NESS 3,541
OMG Kentcky Power ro raise rates 12 % 4 hr old dude 34
Is ISIS In America Imminent? 6 hr Rusty Webb 43
Pikeville Dating