Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,205

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#99079 Apr 8, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
“For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.” Douglas Adams
And the same can be said for my Cat... I feed him when he wants it, I have to deal with the stress and workloads to maintain a technological survival level and he plays in the woods, chases pussy and then comes home to sit and lick his balls .... Who thinks humans have a superior life...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#99080 Apr 8, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No animals are putting humans in cages. No animals are building shelters with conveniences. No animals train other animals to assist their specie.
I think we are the superior race. I could go on.
That's not Superiority, That's Dominance... big difference...

Superiority would be when placed on equal terms you could maintain that dominance.... The Only thing that maintains human dominance is his Superior Technology, not his superior being....

But turn that around and not that your human body would die in a few moments if other lowly animals did not keep you alive... There are More animals in you that You in you,,, and several billion plants in you that without them You would fall over with little X's in your eyes...
say no to Bible in school

Irvine, KY

#99081 Apr 8, 2013
religion does not belong in schools- if you people want to go to chruch-most of you are hypocrites- that is on your shoulders- I do not want it pushed on kids Let them form their own opinion outside of school
Biblical

Maysville, KY

#99082 Apr 8, 2013
Yeah... I think the bible should stay out of my kid's class room. Otherwise we mormons start getting questions from them.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#99083 Apr 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
“Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.”-Friedrich Nietzsche
You might as well quote Sandusky too!
Thanks again!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99084 Apr 9, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That whole Hopey Changey thing is not my cup of tea... I'll stay grounded in reality and enjoy the ride through the mountains and stop now and then to photograph stuff, enjoy life and be happy with the time I have...
And I hope that is a long, long time!
Keep brining us pics... thanks
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99085 Apr 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Got any evidence of your claim on that entity yet? Of course you do not have any. Kind of hard to find evidence of a non existent being.
Yes....
I'm still here!
Saved, justified, and born again!
Wishing the same for you!
Good to see you again, Great day to ya!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#99086 Apr 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are infuriated because you are misinformed.
Here is a very very small list of Biologists who have refuted Evolution;Anderson, KevinArmstrong, HaroldAllan, JamesAnderson, KevinArmstrong, HaroldArndt,AlexanderAustin, StevenBarnes, ThomasBatten, DonBaumgardner, JohnBergman, JerryBoudreaux, EdwardByl, JohnCatchpoole, DavidChadwick, ArthurChaffin, EugeneChittick, DonaldCimbala, JohnClausen, BenCole, SidCook, MelvinCumming, KenCuozzo, JackDarrall,NancyArndt, AlexanderAustin, StevenBarnes, ThomasBatten, DonBaumgardner, JohnBergman, JerryBoudreaux, EdwardByl, JohnCatchpoole, DavidChadwick, ArthurChaffin, EugeneChittick, DonaldCimbala, JohnClausen, BenCole, SidCook, MelvinCumming, KenCuozzo, Jack Darrall, Nancy
Shai maeri,Roger Patterson,and there are many,many more,
What you call factless theory,is based on your opinion,based on the fact that you don't believe in God.
My faith is not based on factless theory, as I have posted previously,it is your opinion that is based on factless theory.
Since YOU have not tested GOD"S word,because to you,it's nonsense,then your opinion is null and void,...factless
Those of us who have tested God according to his Statement
" IF you DILIGENTLY seek me,you will find me" have found his word to be accurate and true.So we base our faith and belief on those facts,not on someones opinion on a subject that they are unable to understand.
How do you test God? That seems incredibly arrogant of you since he is supposed to be your Master and you his Slave. Which, to be honest, sounds kind of kinky to me.

Oh, and here you go:

http://ncse.com/taking-action/project-steve
realit
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99087 Apr 9, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Energy... E=Mc2... Where did the Energy Come From should be your next question... It Always Existed .. Time Started the instant some matter converted out of Energy... I call it Unified Indefinable Energy Form... Time is a Human Concept and only exists relative to the matter in relative motion to other matter... Time in out universe goes only in one direction, Forward.. We can go forward in time but we can never go back... We can though "See" back in time we can just never Go back in time... But we can Go forward in time we can just never "See" forward in time.... One of my long time debates with other in the field is that I think that the speed of light in variable and is set Universally by the total separation distance of all matter in the universe and altered locally by the separation distance of matter in local dense areas... so the Rate that Time moves forward varies by the density of the local matter... The More Dense the slower the value of c and the slower time moves forward... We being so small on a astronomical scale can never detect such variance even locally in our solar system... So we perceive c and time as Constant
Interesting!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99088 Apr 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Matter can come from energy. Where did god come from?
I've asked, but I think that's one of the things He doesn't want to tell me yet...
Why don't you ask Him?
LOL
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99089 Apr 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, the threats of hell. Kind of hard to scare someone who thinks your god is not even real. Are you scared of Thor?
So if your god visible and just where is he? If not in the sky, why do Christians point up when refering to him? If you wish us not to say he lives up there, maybe stop pointing up there.
If you wish us to stop saying he is invisible, show us what his physical presence looks like?
"I do not believe in an "Invisible man" living in the sky"
Notice... "Invisible man", as He is not a man as we are...
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99090 Apr 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Bacteria does find its way into our schools. Bacteria need not crawl to make it to school. Bacteria hitches a ride upon us humans. Organisms need not do what you expect to survive and flourish.
But yet... You want us to believe... we started in such a manor!
Yet, over these generations none, "NONE" of them changed in the slightest... for whatever reason!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99091 Apr 9, 2013
excuse me wrote:
Who was it - took peppered moths and glued to tree trunks to prove evolution - DEBUNKED
Who was it - insisted we emerged from pond scum - DEBUNKED
Honestly the lengths some will go to prove their theory
Great post...
They just forget about all those hoaxes...
LOL

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#99092 Apr 9, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>You might as well quote Sandusky too!
Thanks again!
Sandusky is a christian. And he did what all christians love to do

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#99093 Apr 9, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever see a critter read a book?
(huh...does that require religion or evolution...seeing a critter actually Read a book....huh...)
My requirement for superior reading is a book that really grabs my attention, is interesting, with little tidbits of factualities that I can learn something from.
Jesus had a bunch of other guys scribing about him.
Duh.
Their is not a word written in the days Jesus was claimed to be on earth that exists today. People wrote about the supposed Jesus after the fact.
I say again, if reading and writing made a being superior, then why did Jesus not leave us his writings?
Why am I to believe someones claims of what the supposed Jesus said? If it was so damn important, I think a god could write it himself so no one could screw it up. As it is now, we have many various interpretations of what Jesus wanted due to lack of confirmed and consistent written words by what you claim were his scribes.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99094 Apr 9, 2013
Christians wrote:
If Christians would quit posting,these devil worshipers would have no one to argue with. You are causing more harm than good by posting.The Bible says cast not thy pearls before swine:And if they will not accept the word ,shake off the dust of thy feet and leave :The Principle: Casting Pearls Before Swine
"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6).
And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them."
Of course, these words of Jesus are allegorical. I doubt that any were literally casting pearls before swine. The meaning is pretty simple to figure out; "Do not persist in offering what is sacred or of value to those who have no appreciation for it, because your gift will not only become contaminated and be despised, your generous efforts could also be rebuffed and perhaps even openly attacked."
The "dogs" and "swine" here stand for the unappreciative and worldly; unappreciative and uncaring men and women who belittle the value of what is offered to them. The swine have no appreciation for either the beauty nor the value of the pearls under their feet.
Your life, time, energy, opportunities and abilities are God's pearls. They're His! You and I are merely His stewards overseeing His possessions (1 Corinthians 6:19,20; 4:1,2; 1 Peter 4:8-11). We must show discernment as to what use we make of God's possessions. It is possible to waste them either by using them when we should not.
Examples of the Principle Applied
"Jesus therefore perceiving that they were intending to come and take Him by force, to make Him king, withdrew again to the mountain to be by Himself alone." (John 6:15).
Jesus was very popular at this stage of His ministry. The main reason for this is that He had just miraculously fed five thousand plus people. The purpose was twofold; the people were hungry, and Jesus wanted to illustrate the more important spiritual bread, the bread of life, that He was offering them in His teachings.
But the people did not want the bread of life. They wanted more of the physical bread to eat. They began following Him for the wrong reason (vs. 26-27). Jesus offered them spiritual bread, but they did not want that (vs. 40-41). When Jesus refuses to duplicate the earlier miracle, continuing instead to redirect their attention toward the words of life, the people finally lose interest and leave (vs. 66). They were unappreciative of the pearls Jesus was offering them. Jesus simply refused to allow His efforts to be wasted on those who had little interest in His purpose and mission.
On another occasion, those who continued to ignore the implications of His earlier miracles, demanded He provide yet more. They were testing Him and were not really interested in what these signs signified about Jesus' identity. Jesus simply refused their request (Matthew 16:1-4). He was not here to perform for them or to satisfy their curiosity (Luke 23:8,9).
Jesus made it quite clear that His disciples were to move on when a city indicated its lack of interest in the gospel offered it by preachers and teachers (Matthew 10:11-14). Paul continued this practice (Acts 13:44-52; 18:5-7).And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them."
Do you really feel that some one is a "devil worshiper" if they worship a god that demanded they kill animals for ritual animal sacrifice,(pouring the blood on themselves) that demanded that they be HAPPY as they kill children, that demanded they attack and kill every man,rape every woman? I find this to be devil worship, worshiping a god that demands this, do you?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#99095 Apr 9, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Because No Writing, No Artifact, No Pot with his painted little head, no mention, not one Piece of Evidence has ever been found dating to his life time that mentions him... I could Believe someone made notes and stuck them in their pocket for 20 years, I could Believe that every single mention of his great deeds during his life were carted off and hidden in some cave somewhere.... Oh Wait .. No I couldn't .... Without Evidence I don't really give a crap what people Believe.....
What if the writings began immediately but didn't come forth until later? Life was different then. There were no publishers, and no printing presses. You don't know

Location hidden

#99096 Apr 9, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>That's not Superiority, That's Dominance... big difference...

Superiority would be when placed on equal terms you could maintain that dominance.... The Only thing that maintains human dominance is his Superior Technology, not his superior being....

But turn that around and not that your human body would die in a few moments if other lowly animals did not keep you alive... There are More animals in you that You in you,,, and several billion plants in you that without them You would fall over with little X's in your eyes...
Sorry but our ability to think and reason makes us superior. Situational instances don't change that.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99097 Apr 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Their is not a word written in the days Jesus was claimed to be on earth that exists today. People wrote about the supposed Jesus after the fact.
I say again, if reading and writing made a being superior, then why did Jesus not leave us his writings?
Why am I to believe someones claims of what the supposed Jesus said? If it was so damn important, I think a god could write it himself so no one could screw it up. As it is now, we have many various interpretations of what Jesus wanted due to lack of confirmed and consistent written words by what you claim were his scribes.
The Jewish people, wanting to be the master race above other people, wanted a "savior" to lead them to victory over the Roman empire who ruled them. It had nothing to do with a god, they wanted a super warrior.
Seeing how well the religious leaders controlled the Jewish people and how wealthy the religious leaders where the "new testament" was created to control the masses and gain great wealth.
Funny how in America where people make slurs about middle east people they think Jesus was a white or black man but not an Arab

Location hidden

#99098 Apr 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Their is not a word written in the days Jesus was claimed to be on earth that exists today. People wrote about the supposed Jesus after the fact.
Three reasons I think little was written until after His death.
1. There was little time. They traveled with Him and He taught constantly. They spent a lot of time figuring things out when He said it. His teachings were above most men.
2. His countenance was not that anyone should desire Him. He seemed a plain and simple man. He did not seem like the Son of God to most (at least what they assumed that would look like). They thought He was going to be a king and relieve them of Roman rule. They misunderstood His purpose was to save them in the next life, not this one.
3. They were afraid for their lives. They just watched their master killed and they knew He had the power to prevent it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
speculation will scott sheriff gambling 3 min robo judgessss 1
jaunita deskins 5 min Ashamed of abusiv... 11
Word Association (Aug '11) 25 min MUSICK-NESS 5,976
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 29 min MUSICK-NESS 22,952
Commons Apartments 42 min The Truth 143
Hot Blonde 44 min curious 1
Pikeville was my cage 59 min Seeing a false pr... 6
Sheriff Charles Fuzzy Keesee 1 hr karmaknocking 123
PMC Affairs 3 hr Who are they 11
Charles Baird & Hugh B. Hall Fleecing of a Ticket 13 hr robo judging 64