Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,130

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#98966 Apr 8, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain how a fish laid an egg that produced a chicken? Was there an amphibious chicken in the interim?
TThere where billions of years and many ancestors between the fish and chicken. Also the life in the water was not like the little fish in an aquarium.
Dinosaurs turned in to birds I can not tell you how but it took a long time not ten years
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

#98967 Apr 8, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>My mother-in-law says that I am Satan.
Your post is the reality. If people would just get over the "god" thing we could have peace on earth
lol

If people get over Themselves, and quit trying to blame their OWN STUPIDITY off on other people, things might get a little better again.

Gaw I can't stand that junior high level Mentality kind of chit.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98970 Apr 8, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>TThere where billions of years and many ancestors between the fish and chicken. Also the life in the water was not like the little fish in an aquarium.
Dinosaurs turned in to birds I can not tell you how but it took a long time not ten years
Just wondering what this chicken's changes looked like. Are there any fossils of a half fish, half chicken creature?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98971 Apr 8, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering what this chicken's changes looked like. Are there any fossils of a half fish, half chicken creature?
Are there any fossils of half human, half chicken creatures? I've see statues of them on certain buildings.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#98972 Apr 8, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
Nonsense. Marriage is about two consenting adults entering into a contract that is both legally and socially binding. This impending change will not affect that fact. This is just an acknowledgement that biology and reality do not care about tradition and sometimes traditions must change in order to make a more moral world.
You're smarter than this, Q. Weak slippery slope arguments are beneath you.
Slippery Slopes are one of the Best Arguments on issues... I can show many a slippery slope that started as a toe in the door law or policy that has become ominous....

a year from now, 10 years from now, 15 years from now after Marriage sets the precedent as being two women or two men along comes a Mormon with 3 wives and files for a marriage lic ... His Argument before the court that changed the definition of marriage is ....

"Nonsense. Marriage is about consenting adults entering into a contract that is both legally and socially binding. This impending change will not affect that fact. This is just an acknowledgement that biology and reality do not care about tradition and sometimes traditions must change in order to make a more moral world."

Then in a few more years after goats are given Rights... It's an ugly slope...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98974 Apr 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Slippery Slopes are one of the Best Arguments on issues... I can show many a slippery slope that started as a toe in the door law or policy that has become ominous....
a year from now, 10 years from now, 15 years from now after Marriage sets the precedent as being two women or two men along comes a Mormon with 3 wives and files for a marriage lic ... His Argument before the court that changed the definition of marriage is ....
"Nonsense. Marriage is about consenting adults entering into a contract that is both legally and socially binding. This impending change will not affect that fact. This is just an acknowledgement that biology and reality do not care about tradition and sometimes traditions must change in order to make a more moral world."
Then in a few more years after goats are given Rights... It's an ugly slope...
Have you concidered that you are just repeating what was said in the 70's about black and white marriage?
How about, marriage is not about anything except property and what 2, 3, 4 and a horse, people do in private that does not harm any one is (gross but) no one elses business?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#98975 Apr 8, 2013
The bible defines marriage as male/female. So do all the other holy texts that mention marriage. There is no right to same sex marriage because there is no gender equality right in the US Constitution. All people are equal before the law, but not equal to one another. Natural law defines men and women different so marriage that combines both sexes may be integrated and gender diverse. Same sex marriage is a regression not justified by law, consideration of the greater good or consideration of the consequences.

I contend same sex marriage would harm homosexuals, singles, married couples and their children.

#98976 Apr 8, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
California should be filtering salt out of ocean water and using it to water with, rather than depleting the Colorado river dry at alarming ratios.
WTH is the matter with you people anyway, geez.
You can't filter salt out of water, you have to evaporate the water or use electrophoresis which would make the water you pump to the farm lands cost about a buck a pint and require enough electricity to run a small country in the amounts required.... Desalination plants are very expensive to use to produce potable water and are used only where there is limited need for such expensive water..... There are only two choices to grow crops in arid lands... Pump in fresh water or let the land dry up and not farm it...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#98977 Apr 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Egg. Why would you assume this could have no answer?
You wrote the above quoted response in reference to this question from Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is something else that is not original but no evolutionist can answer: Which came first the Chicken or the egg?
Quantummist agreed with your response. Ehich is not surprising,since most Evolutionists,agree with that theory,The egg came first,but a recent scientific experiment claims otherwise
"SCIENTISTS have cracked one of the world’s oldest riddles – which came first, the chicken or the egg?

A supercomputer gave the team from Sheffield and Warwick Universities the answer – the chicken

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features...

So,Science has now debunked the theory held by many Evolutionists that the Egg came before the chicken.In the process they spent many,many hours conducting an experiment that confirms what is taught in the Bible
Gen1;20 And God said,Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that HATH LIFE and the fowl that may fly above the Earth in the open firmament of Heaven.
But ,let's go further.Prior to 1982 unbelievers ridiculed the Biblical Fact that God created man from the dust in the Ground.
In 1982 Nasa confirmed that the elements found in earth are also found in the human body..
Of course,now,those who deny the existence of God,may try to develop another unsustainable theory,as to how the accuracy of these Biblical facts have nothing to do with God,and will continue to deny his existence

#98978 Apr 8, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
What did Ceasar look like?
I figure you mean Julius....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lZCWakowpTA/TYZOy59...

There are many statues, mosaics and artist drawings of him done during the time of his life by people that wrote and spoke of him daily...

Jesus on the other hand during his supposed life, when we find writings of how the crops did, statues of people, graffiti telling where the local whore houses are and who was the best gladiator, We find not a mention, not a scribble on a wall, not a word until 20 years after he is said to have died and even that is a not a specific mention of the man..

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98979 Apr 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The bible defines marriage as male/female. So do all the other holy texts that mention marriage. There is no right to same sex marriage because there is no gender equality right in the US Constitution. All people are equal before the law, but not equal to one another. Natural law defines men and women different so marriage that combines both sexes may be integrated and gender diverse. Same sex marriage is a regression not justified by law, consideration of the greater good or consideration of the consequences.
I contend same sex marriage would harm homosexuals, singles, married couples and their children.
I contend that neither the Bible nor any other "holy text" is a ratified part or portion of the Constitution.
I contend that the Intent of the Constitution should to limit the powers of government over the citizens.
I contend that your advisement of the "Laws of Nature" do not exist in a lawful, legal or ratified form beyond your preacher's pulpit and "Bouvier's Law Dictionary."
I contend that you are homophobic.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98980 Apr 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't filter salt out of water, you have to evaporate the water or use electrophoresis which would make the water you pump to the farm lands cost about a buck a pint and require enough electricity to run a small country in the amounts required.... Desalination plants are very expensive to use to produce potable water and are used only where there is limited need for such expensive water..... There are only two choices to grow crops in arid lands... Pump in fresh water or let the land dry up and not farm it...
Reverse osmosis is being used to filter salt from water - but it is expensive compared to just sinking a well or tapping fresh surface water. In coastal regions, that is leading to salt water intrusion of the aquifers.
Ideally, spring melt waters could be stored and distributed.

#98981 Apr 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Q is against gay marriage because he is a republican. He must tow the party line. Note how he is perfectly logical in his arguments on religion, yet keeps failing to be logical when debating politics. That is what happens when someone tries to make his preconceived beliefs sound reasonable. This is why the god believers keep failing the logic test.
No he is Not a Republican ... He maintains no party affiliations.. and has views based on years of study and logical, rational positions on a host of subjects... He is always willing to have his views changed if presented evidence of sufficient nature and argument of sufficient rational to refute his positions...

Maybe if he is capable of making rational, logical argument on positions in agreement he may be correct on the issues in disagreement...

He has made it Clear he has No Preconceived Beliefs, he has stated ad nauseium he Never Believes.... He basis his views and positions on Evidence and Historical example.... Hence Faith, Belief are never a consideration in his positions....

#98982 Apr 8, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>My mother-in-law says that I am Satan.
Your post is the reality. If people would just get over the "god" thing we could have peace on earth
No we could not... Man is not perfectible and there will always be men that seek dominion over other men....

#98983 Apr 8, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Reverse osmosis is being used to filter salt from water - but it is expensive compared to just sinking a well or tapping fresh surface water. In coastal regions, that is leading to salt water intrusion of the aquifers.
Ideally, spring melt waters could be stored and distributed.
Well I should have included that but it requires a high pressure gradient again requiring pumps to force flow and has limitations on pass through quantities but I don't consider it as filtering I guess because of the chemical conversions to strip heavy ions.. But good catch as most call it filtering, but not capable of producing the Billions of gals of fresh water needed or at a cost that could be afforded...

#98984 Apr 8, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Have you concidered that you are just repeating what was said in the 70's about black and white marriage?
How about, marriage is not about anything except property and what 2, 3, 4 and a horse, people do in private that does not harm any one is (gross but) no one elses business?
Yes I have Considered that and have tossed it to the side as race baiting shinola.... So you are taking the View that the Federal Government should via Law sanction the concept of Marriage of an man and his goat.... As for Property we have Contract Law to cover it's transference...
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

#98985 Apr 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I figure you mean Julius....
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lZCWakowpTA/TYZOy59...
There are many statues, mosaics and artist drawings of him done during the time of his life by people that wrote and spoke of him daily...
Jesus on the other hand during his supposed life, when we find writings of how the crops did, statues of people, graffiti telling where the local whore houses are and who was the best gladiator, We find not a mention, not a scribble on a wall, not a word until 20 years after he is said to have died and even that is a not a specific mention of the man..
What did Herod look like?
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

#98986 Apr 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I should have included that but it requires a high pressure gradient again requiring pumps to force flow and has limitations on pass through quantities but I don't consider it as filtering I guess because of the chemical conversions to strip heavy ions.. But good catch as most call it filtering, but not capable of producing the Billions of gals of fresh water needed or at a cost that could be afforded...
Reverse osmosis.

Because Vegas is gonna be sucking dry dust air, at the rate Caliphonybrokia is hogging up all the Colorado river water.

On second thought---crops to feed the masses or less neon spawrkle spawrkle glitter waste of electricity light in Vegas.

No braina required on that one!
GWB

Roseville, CA

#98987 Apr 8, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote the above quoted response in reference to this question from Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is something else that is not original but no evolutionist can answer: Which came first the Chicken or the egg?
Quantummist agreed with your response. Ehich is not surprising,since most Evolutionists,agree with that theory,The egg came first,but a recent scientific experiment claims otherwise
"SCIENTISTS have cracked one of the world’s oldest riddles – which came first, the chicken or the egg?
A supercomputer gave the team from Sheffield and Warwick Universities the answer – the chicken
Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features...
So,Science has now debunked the theory held by many Evolutionists that the Egg came before the chicken.In the process they spent many,many hours conducting an experiment that confirms what is taught in the Bible
Gen1;20 And God said,Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that HATH LIFE and the fowl that may fly above the Earth in the open firmament of Heaven.
But ,let's go further.Prior to 1982 unbelievers ridiculed the Biblical Fact that God created man from the dust in the Ground.
In 1982 Nasa confirmed that the elements found in earth are also found in the human body..
Of course,now,those who deny the existence of God,may try to develop another unsustainable theory,as to how the accuracy of these Biblical facts have nothing to do with God,and will continue to deny his existence
Egg came first,'eggsperts' agree

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/05/26/ch...

A simple view is that at whatever point the threshold was crossed and the first chicken was hatched, it had to hatch from an egg. The type of bird that laid that egg, by definition, was on the other side of the threshold and therefore not a chicken—it may be viewed as a proto-chicken or ancestral chicken of some sort, from which a genetic variation or mutation occurred that resulted in the egg being laid containing the embryo of the first chicken. In this light the argument is settled and the egg had to have come first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_or_the_e...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98988 Apr 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have Considered that and have tossed it to the side as race baiting shinola.... So you are taking the View that the Federal Government should via Law sanction the concept of Marriage of an man and his goat.... As for Property we have Contract Law to cover it's transference...
No, I am calling bull that that would happen. From a legal point of view what does it matter whom some one declares to be their spouse?
Marriage is about money and property, a legal situation. Nothing more

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min The Apostle 7,464
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Le Duped 155,586
murder in letcher county (Jan '14) 14 min Better Call Saul 326
Word Association (Aug '11) 23 min MUSICK-NESS 5,148
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 27 min MUSICK-NESS 21,660
A to Z of Song Titles Posted (Dec '13) 30 min MUSICK-NESS 719
song title game, anyone? (Oct '08) 37 min MUSICK-NESS 22,702
Was Candidate Ray Set Up at Expo Concert? 1 hr Down Goes Frankie 36
PMC appoints CEO ' S wife to run the physician ... 15 hr Ihatedocs 58
the expo does it again! Wed Another Expo Failure 48
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match

Pikeville Jobs

Pikeville People Search