Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,240

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#97418 Mar 27, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in leprechauns too?
https://www.google.com/url...
Sure, delusional little child

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#97419 Mar 27, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Good post, I agree, if there were no religies we would not be able to spot the delusional nut case believers as easy, Thanks.
Deranged Atheist number 1

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#97420 Mar 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You call murder and rape interesting? You think that brainwashing innocent children to grow up and become baptist is interesting?
You are what is wrong with society
Many Christians have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned and suffered, because of Muslims and atheists and then you guys just laugh and enjoy it when it's on the news. Respect people for their beliefs and that's just all I can say to you Hypocrites

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#97421 Mar 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You call murder and rape interesting? You think that brainwashing innocent children to grow up and become baptist is interesting?
You are what is wrong with society
Lol! We are what's wrong, because of helping people and saving them, we are doing wrong and are bad, bad rude people.

Are you a deranged little 6year old or is that your mental age.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97422 Mar 27, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting? Eh. More like pattern hunting. This is why I detest magical thinking.

I'll reply to you later on the witnesses thing. I think you are wrong about their validity. If I remember correctly, none of them literally saw anything. Weren't they speaking of spiritual "sight"? As in God told them?

When God tells you something it is not exactly compelling evidence. Unless you also think Allah and Buddha and Indra and Odin told people valid things.
Magical thinking?

And no, if you read what I posted they said they hefted and handled them.
Anonymous

United States

#97423 Mar 27, 2013
Atheists r so stupid,90% of them r sex offenders and live in there parents basement
pat

London, KY

#97424 Mar 27, 2013

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#97426 Mar 27, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! We are what's wrong, because of helping people and saving them, we are doing wrong and are bad, bad rude people.
Are you a deranged little 6year old or is that your mental age.
So when a group of christians beat a homeless man to death they where helping him?
Or when a group of christians burnt a woman alive (two weeks ago) they where helping her? I know, I know, when a group of christians blew up a womans clinic, murdering the Doctors, employees, and clients inside they where "helping" them.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#97427 Mar 27, 2013
xxoutlaw wrote:
Atheists r so stupid,90% of them r sex offenders and live in there parents basement
(0% of ALL sex offenders are baptist, the other 10% are catholic.
And just because YOU live with your mommy and feel bad about lusting after the neighbors young daughter does not mean you are not a sex offender, you just have not been arrested yet.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#97428 Mar 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So when a group of christians beat a homeless man to death they where helping him?
Or when a group of christians burnt a woman alive (two weeks ago) they where helping her? I know, I know, when a group of christians blew up a womans clinic, murdering the Doctors, employees, and clients inside they where "helping" them.
Sure, don't come up with that crap, we wouldn't harm a fly, stop trying to say we're wrong by coming up with lies.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#97429 Mar 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>(0% of ALL sex offenders are baptist, the other 10% are catholic.
And just because YOU live with your mommy and feel bad about lusting after the neighbors young daughter does not mean you are not a sex offender, you just have not been arrested yet.
You're not a sex offender, you are just a sad, sad, very sad, imbecilic moron
Anonymous

United States

#97430 Mar 27, 2013
pat wrote:
watch video-----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =I7e9vnwTjJAXX
ur going to burn in hell

Location hidden

#97431 Mar 27, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we need to drag out the line preceeding the signatures of the Founding Fathers on the document known as the Constitution AGAIN?
Get to dragging, I really want to see where you go with this.

Location hidden

#97432 Mar 27, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Please READ the Constitution.
Pay close attention when you get to the very last paragraph-just before the many signatures of the Founding Fathers.
Ever read Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptists?
You mean the letter that Jefferson wrote to the Danbury baptists explaining the establishment clause of the first amendment?
The letter where he coined the phrase "separation of church and state?"
The letter that pretty much sums up why our country was clearly not founded on any religious ideas?
Yeah, I've read it. It's one of my favorite things written by Jefferson.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#97433 Mar 27, 2013
pat wrote:
watch video-----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =I7e9vnwTjJAXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

And I'm not being funny

Location hidden

#97434 Mar 27, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
As aptly as the Constitutional was written, don't you think that if they (the Founding Fathers) intended to write "in the year of our potus 17 hundred blablahblah"...they would've?
But NO, that is NOT what they wrote-they wrote and signed names to-
..."done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,....."
Geez, pull your fingers out yer ears and from your nose will ya please.
Let me get this straight. You think that because they didn't invent a whole new calendar system they were endorsing god? I mean, you do know that A.D. as in "the year is 2013 A.D." is short for Anno Domini and translates to "in the year of our lord" don't you?

Location hidden

#97435 Mar 27, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
"Look kids, it rained apes one day, and then they all stoods up.".
Spoken like the typical anti-evolutionist who has no real idea what he's railing against.

Location hidden

#97436 Mar 27, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>

When God tells you something it is not exactly compelling evidence. Unless you also think Allah and Buddha and Indra and Odin told people valid things.
Well to be fair, Odin did say he would rid this world of Frost Giants. And I haven't seen any Frost Giants.

Praise Odin!!!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#97437 Mar 27, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong religion.
And I think my question was relevant based on the level of maturity you are showing. You're out to show how stupid "religies" are? Hmmm, how's that backfiring, I mean working out for you?
Ahhhh, I need not forget, you are in that cult that likes young virgins of 12 years old or younger, hows that sickness working out for you, religie?

Location hidden

#97438 Mar 27, 2013
Jacinda wrote:
<quoted text> God is the beginning, the end. The alpha and the omega. He its just that...Is.
Divine.
In other words "I have no rational answer for that"
Jacinda wrote:
<quoted text>
People need to have faith in God and not man. Man is and always will be inferior.
Except for when your life/health is in actual danger. Then I'm wagering you'll seek out medical expertise produced by science as opposed to just praying to god. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Jacinda wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is alive and well and very present in this thread. Well, I can assure you that each breath you take is a direct result of God. So shameful that you use that breath to curse your maker. Judgment day you will reap your ignorance.
My comment is to all nay Sayers and may not be directed to author of this post.
Baseless assurances + hyperbole + idle threats = blah blah blah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Commons Apartments 2 min Not For Everybody 110
Lets Play Connect the Dots 5 min Connect The Dots 6
Expo Tonight 11 min Expo Failed 17
City Waste 15 min Appy Air Failed 9
Little Police Chief Antics 19 min Little Billionaire 2
Appalachian Airplane 20 min Zero Passengers 115
10 percent equals 90 percent of crime. - blacks 24 min Pat Is Lily White 34
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 33 min Billy Is Stupo 20,549
now the real fun begins. 1 hr Amy 18
Pikeville Dating