Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,107

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#97004 Mar 23, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Have you even read PAST those Books?
Try it... You might just UNDERSTAND!
Hope you do!
Past those books? You mean like reading about King Hammurabi and his code of laws - where "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" probably came from in the first place? Or do you mean that if I snort enough meth I'll be able to read between the lines? I might've burned a brain cell or two in the '70's, but I didn't do those lines.
Have a cookie.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#97005 Mar 23, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No... He did not write a thing...
He was too busy doing the Fathers work!
He let eye witnesses do it!
Eye witnesses like Saul and John of Patmos? You know the chronology of the writings and the compilations of the Councils of Constantine were waaay past the time of eye witness accounts. Do you think there was a stenographer at the Sermon of the Mount?
Don't be obtuse.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#97006 Mar 23, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
And satan most certainly was CREATED BY GOD... Might be fun to hear how you THINK satan got here. Pretty entertaining I bet
Look lady, I understand you think you are high on life, but you should quit babbling - it just shows how you connect "Hahaha" to "HaHallelujah" and still somehow think you are coHeeHeeHeerent.

Satan was the favorite among the Heavenly Host. There is no reference of God EVER creating that Heavenly Host - but there is reference that the Host existed outside and before Creation. You can't surmise how or when Satan came into existence without speculating on how and when God came into existence. You have a nonsensical allegation.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#97007 Mar 23, 2013
The family unit is under assault from an ever increasing array of forces, with children enduring the brunt of the attack. Parents are now facing almost impossible odds of successfully rearing their children! Yet, God commands parents to “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it”(Prov. 22:6). But how can parents—one alone or two working together—do this? What chance do they have of rearing moral children in today’s immoral world? What should children be taught? How should they be instructed? And can you be sure that what you teach your children will stay with them for life? God’s Word addresses these and many other questions—and the answers are not what you expect!

Proverbs 30

King James Version (KJV)

20 Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#97008 Mar 23, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG. I still can't BELIEVE you TRIED that one! BAHAHAHA. U CANNOT SEE THE WIND. Maybe your IMAGINARY FRIEND told u that you could! Remember you started the IMginary friend scenario. Lol
Gawd. A basic science dropout.
Nitrogen, oxygen, argon, CO2 - the gasses that make up air are transparent, but you can still detect light refracting through thermoclines with your naked eye. Watch the tops of cars on a hot day and you can see how a breeze affects the heat shimmer. You are directly watching the wind. Alongside that, the atmosphere is not ONLY made of those transparent gasses. The atmosphere also contains vast amounts of water vapor - of which condensate droplets and crystals form what we see as fog and clouds.

No, I didn't start any "imaginary friend" scenario. Go back and review the posts. Is it typical for you to bear false witness?
Why is it that I CONSTANTLY have to tell Christians to mind the 9th commandment?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97009 Mar 23, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>He... gave them to the Jews, and reiteraded the Ten in the NT... along with
one man, one woman marriage!
You do not know anything do you? The men at that time had as many wives as they could afford to buy. The wealthier the more wives. Even Abraham had more than one wife. One man many women and they also had sex with other men.
If you want to use the OLD testament to defame some one than you need to live by the other OLD testament laws, no pork or shellfish, sell your daughters, do not shave or cut your hair, do not wear mixed fabric clothes, etc....
You can not preach from your evil book and pick and choose from it (because that shows us you do not really believe that the bible is "gods word")

“See how you are?”

Earth

#97010 Mar 23, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
BAHAHAHA. BAHAHAHA HONEY U DO NOT SEE THE WIND. who is the Znutty One here ! Omgosh. BAHSHAHA
ROFL ROFL ROFL THISE ARE the RESULTS the WIND makes rofl rofl. U r so FUNNNNNNY FUNNNY and DELUSIONSAL. WOW WOW. LOVE LOVE YOU..
ROFL
"who is the Znutty One here"
?
Anybody want to venture a guess on that?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97011 Mar 23, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
That's NOT from anything I(!) ascribe to reading out of ANY book I read-except maybe signs and symptoms of the severely psychologically twisted and warped.
Why do you keep insisting I, and others, worship this evil gawd character YOU have perceptionalized? Nope, sorry, there were NO gawds like that (EWE) in my upbringing. And there still isn't. That some wacko stuff dude.
The Bible is a BOOK (did you happen to catch the post that even stated-translated from latin-bible means BOOK) scribed by mostly men inspired to do so. Don't drag the rest of us into that dark age, stone age, under a rock sicko crappola. Noooooo thank you.
Ewe.
So you do not worship the god of the bible, the god that you claim created everything, you have made a new god? A god that is not like the other god?
Man has made thousands of gods and not one of them is real so you do not get to be special because you believe in this new god that you created (by special I mean you do not get rights that others do not have, you do not get to make laws based on the god you created and you do not get to force this new god on to innocent children)

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97012 Mar 23, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
I thought you said you've read, and understand the Bible
better than Christians???
Seems that was just another satanic lie!
Read it again...
Maybe something will rub off on ya!
BTW The sun shinning proves there is a God...
Well Everything does... Go figure!
Since you can not answer questions or explain anything when asked to, instead you spout non-sense with nothing to back it up, you even deny what the bible says with non-sense I must guess that you know nothing and you are in a mental institution.
By the way YAA, If you think that posting under a bunch of names fools any one it does not. You are alone with the voices in your head and we are many (you will always be alone, you will die alone with no one except the imaginary friends you have made up)

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97013 Mar 23, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
BAHAHAHA. BAHAHAHA HONEY U DO NOT SEE THE WIND. who is the Znutty One here ! Omgosh. BAHSHAHA
ROFL ROFL ROFL THISE ARE the RESULTS the WIND makes rofl rofl. U r so FUNNNNNNY FUNNNY and DELUSIONSAL. WOW WOW. LOVE LOVE YOU..
ROFL
And I said that we see the results of the wind. So you agree with me that we know the wind is real because we feel it and see the results of it

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97014 Mar 23, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
The family unit is under assault from an ever increasing array of forces, with children enduring the brunt of the attack. Parents are now facing almost impossible odds of successfully rearing their children!.
Please explain this statement. There is no attack on the family unit, there is no attack on children.
What there is is an opposition to you forcing your cult on to other people. In order for every one to have freedom of religion we have to be free from YOUR religion.
But please tell me how the family unit is under attack? Please tell me how children are under attack (unless you are talking about how christians love to rape children, than I agree that we need to keep christians far away from innocent children)

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#97015 Mar 23, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow... Lol.. Ok... ALL People think DIFFERENTLY! Hello?!
If I were to ask people to paint the same picture I showed to all of them or color their hair.. they would not get the same results...
WITHOUT God, the Holy Spirit guiding you, the scriptures will not be clear to you. Says exactly that in the Holy Bible. Christians are not perfect. Parking in a garage would not make me a car. Going to church doesn't make people Christian's.
Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
Person B: "I am Scottish, and I put sugar on my porridge."
Person A: "Then you are not a true Scotsman."

Got a little No True Christian fallacy action here. By your standard I could go to church, claim to have a personal relationship with Jesus and, if my opinion on the Bible differs enough from your own, you would simply say I am not a true Christian.

Does that make you the Most Christian of all Christians™?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97016 Mar 23, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
The family unit is under assault from an ever increasing array of forces, with children enduring the brunt of the attack. Parents are now facing almost impossible odds of successfully rearing their children! Yet, God commands parents to “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it”(Prov. 22:6). But how can parents—one alone or two working together—do this? What chance do they have of rearing moral children in today’s immoral world? What should children be taught? How should they be instructed? And can you be sure that what you teach your children will stay with them for life? God’s Word addresses these and many other questions—and the answers are not what you expect!
Proverbs 30
King James Version (KJV)
20 Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.
The christian cult wants to turn every one else in to slaves. This is true because it was said and it does not matter that I have not said anything to back it up, just like what you just said.
Here is another one Baptist love raping children. Of course that one I can back up http://stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97017 Mar 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"who is the Znutty One here"
?
Anybody want to venture a guess on that?
YAA (who post under a lot of other names)???
Is happy YAA? Is bwahahaha YAA?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97018 Mar 23, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Person A: "No Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge."
Person B: "I am Scottish, and I put sugar on my porridge."
Person A: "Then you are not a true Scotsman."
Got a little No True Christian fallacy action here. By your standard I could go to church, claim to have a personal relationship with Jesus and, if my opinion on the Bible differs enough from your own, you would simply say I am not a true Christian.
Does that make you the Most Christian of all Christians™?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
By this thinking there where no "true christians" until the 1950's.
After all no true christian would commit mass genocide, rape, burn people alive, torture some one until they confessed to having sex with the devil, etc....
Even the people who created jesus could not have been true christians because they slaughtered whole towns just to steal their wealth.
Wait, since they did do all of that would not a true christian be hate filled, blood lusting, perverted, greedy, evil? And than people who are against that would not be true christians?
If only these brain washed sheep would actually read their bibles and learn the truth about their evil cult.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97019 Mar 23, 2013
If "christians" want to say that the new testament is what matters and the old testament does not matter than they are admitting that they have created a different god.
Since they have created this new different god than how is their god any more real than the Greek Gods or the Roman Gods? Are not the Gods that the Druids created just as real?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#97020 Mar 23, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And I said that we see the results of the wind. So you agree with me that we know the wind is real because we feel it and see the results of it
You're asking this of someone who obviously wants to be Honey Boo Boo when they grow up?
happy

Lexington, KY

#97021 Mar 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Look lady, I understand you think you are high on life, but you should quit babbling - it just shows how you connect "Hahaha" to "HaHallelujah" and still somehow think you are coHeeHeeHeerent.

Satan was the favorite among the Heavenly Host. There is no reference of God EVER creating that Heavenly Host - but there is reference that the Host existed outside and before Creation. You can't surmise how or when Satan came into existence without speculating on how and when God came into existence. You have a nonsensical allegation.
I love listening to you TRY and explain your reasoning or why u think what u think. It is insightful, mostly funny. GOD CREATED EVERYTHING including your satan. He was an angel. Now he is FALLEN. Hold on tight. Get a grip. It's true :-). Lol Yay. WHOO hoo ill praise however I want. You would too if you knew Jesus. You do not offend me in anyway. I enjoy this banter. God save this blinded person. I pray you give them a craving for the TRUTH before they take last breath so they have a chance at knowing Your love

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97022 Mar 23, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>You have a destorted view of the other sheep. WHO REALLY ARE THE OTHER SHEEP? Actually there are two groups of righteous people!
When I went to school it was told to me that you can get to the bottom of any subject (Police use it all of the time) if you can answer the who,what,when, where,how and why, about any matter you can solve it. So why dont we do that with the two groups of righteous people. There are two groups as indicated by Jesus at Matthew 5:3 says the kingdom of heaven belongs to them." That is one group. and 5:5 refers to the other group when it says, "Blessed are the meek for thay shall inherit the earth". The first group are referred to again at Luke 12:32 “Have no fear, little flock, because YOUR Father has approved of giving YOU the kingdom.
The other group is referred to at John 10:16 “And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.(This second group could not possible be the American Indians.)
Both groups have the one shepherd (Jesus) and are one flock. The major difference is one group goes to heaven to rule with Jesus Rev.5:10 and the orher group will inherit the earth. Pslam 37:29
The major difference is they have two different inheritances, one is Heavenly rulership, and the other is earthly inheritance.
Now if we can use the above system to help us to identify each group. It's late and I'm tired I'll have to pick this up at another time.
Have a goodnight,
"Known Fact"
Who's to say how many other sheep there are? There could be other children of our Heavenly Father on other planets in other galaxies. Who knows?

The interesting thing with that thought is: this planet would have been the most evil, because ours is the one that killed the Christ. Think of how the other planet's scriptures would read. Anyway, my point is, we don't know what other sheep Jesus spoke of. I believe the BOM to be a record of one of the groups He spoke of. I hope more surface one day.
Read the BOM for yourself. Either you will learn something, or it will be a nice fiction read for you. However you want to look at it. Just read it yourself and decide for yourself.
happy

United States

#97023 Mar 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
Gawd. A basic science dropout.
Nitrogen, oxygen, argon, CO2 - the gasses that make up air are transparent, but you can still detect light refracting through thermoclines with your naked eye. Watch the tops of cars on a hot day and you can see how a breeze affects the heat shimmer. You are directly watching the wind. Alongside that, the atmosphere is not ONLY made of those transparent gasses. The atmosphere also contains vast amounts of water vapor - of which condensate droplets and crystals form what we see as fog and clouds.

No, I didn't start any "imaginary friend" scenario. Go back and review the posts. Is it typical for you to bear false witness?
Why is it that I CONSTANTLY have to tell Christians to mind the 9th commandment?
Please. You cannot see the wind. Get over it. My bad if I can't remember exactly who said what..big deal... U cannot see the wind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 30 min wtf 7,185
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Jay 155,437
Steven Newman (Mar '09) 3 hr Vigilante 16
A to Z of Song Titles Posted (Dec '13) 4 hr Musikologist 712
song title game, anyone? (Oct '08) 4 hr Musikologist 22,695
Word Association (Aug '11) 4 hr Jennifer Renee 5,129
paris cowboy = music 4 hr Musikologist 206
the expo does it again! 7 hr Observer 46
Was Candidate Ray Set Up at Expo Concert? 8 hr enter name 15
Facebook parents that think there kids are royalty 9 hr Courtney 94