Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,904

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#96887 Mar 22, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
The story of Job is the only time in the bible that Satan killed anyone, Job's children. What was it, 8 or 9 kids died. God blessed Job tho with some new kids.
Personally I'd be pist if God killed my kids to prove a point, even if he gave me new ones.
Job kids ver. 2.0 were prettier, handsomer, etc. so in a half-witted-other-half-insane kind of way, it all worked out for the best.

Funny tho - if a hit man gets caught, the Boss is supposed to go down, too. I guess that's a difference between the the land of Uz and the land of the U.S.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96888 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
To save us from us! MAkes perfect sense to me. I'm sure not perfect and still make the wrong choice sometimes but when you have accepted Hesus as your Saviour then you are FORGIVEN.. Love and forgiveness is the basis for Christianity
Of course it makes sense, you dear little thing. Have a cookie.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#96889 Mar 22, 2013
Lol, job is a story of love, job loves god with all his heart and god screws him over, happens every day in relationships.
happy

United States

#96890 Mar 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it makes sense, you dear little thing. Have a cookie.
I think I will ... Chocolate chip. TY
happy

United States

#96891 Mar 22, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Lol, job is a story of love, job loves god with all his heart and god screws him over, happens every day in relationships.
U r HILLARIOUS. bahHaha
happy

United States

#96892 Mar 22, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>The story of Job is the only time in the bible that Satan killed anyone, Job's children. What was it, 8 or 9 kids died. God blessed Job tho with some new kids.

Personally I'd be pist if God killed my kids to prove a point, even if he gave me new ones.
Funny
happy

United States

#96893 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So christianity is a new religion with a different new god
Same yesterday today and tomrw. THANK GOD. HE NEVER CHANGES yay. He can't lie and He will NEVER LEAVE ME or forsake me. He loves me and He loves you and still has HOPE for YOU. yay
happy

United States

#96894 Mar 22, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I guess if I believed in a god that was going to burn me for eternity if I din't constantly give him props, I'd probably do the same.
It must be terrifying for you. How do you know that you're doing the song and dance right? What about all the people who are certain that you're doing it wrong and are convinced (just as convinced as you) that you are going to hell because you believe differently? I mean, heck if he's willing to eternally torture people with extreme and unrelenting pain for just not believing he exists... what wouldn't set him off? What if what really makes him mad is not using your intelligence and thinking freely and rationally?
Why in the world would it be terrifying. That's HILLARIOUS. I have a saved spot. It's a GIFT.. Not anything I did except ask Jesus to save me... Wow. It's really that simple. You guys make it sound difficult. Guessing that's why you have it so wrong ;-)
TY Jesus for loving me unconditionallu

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96895 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
The case for a Creator
Dr lee Strobel
Darwin or design Paul a Nelson
How BIOLOGY points toward God
Dr Raymond Bohlin
How the UNIVERSE points to a CREATOR... Dr John Bloom
There is proof all around us. Doesn't really take a scientist or brain surgeon to figure it out.
I would rather have my intelligence than have a iq so high that I have no common sense or deny what I can't see. Can you see the WIND? Lol. No but you know it's there!
If you go by the conclusions of those Discovery Institute pseudo-scientists, there is no such thing as wind. The trees are swaying because God sneezed.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96896 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny
Of course it is, you dear little thing. Have another cookie.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96897 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why in the world would it be terrifying. That's HILLARIOUS. I have a saved spot. It's a GIFT.. Not anything I did except ask Jesus to save me... Wow. It's really that simple. You guys make it sound difficult. Guessing that's why you have it so wrong ;-)
Actually, "Many will be called, but few will be chosen." God doesn't lie and God doesn't change? Job feared God and the afterlife hadn't even been invented yet - you should be petrified out of your wits....
It's okay - have another cookie..

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96898 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohh, I get it. You hear his voice don't you? Actually talking to you, like when you're in the shower.
happy

United States

#96899 Mar 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, "Many will be called, but few will be chosen." God doesn't lie and God doesn't change? Job feared God and the afterlife hadn't even been invented yet - you should be petrified out of your wits....
Not petrified. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY
happy

United States

#96900 Mar 22, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>Ohh, I get it. You hear his voice don't you? Actually talking to you, like when you're in the shower.
I do ... And actually shower time has been amazing. You can talk to God ANYWHERE even when you are using the potty!!!! How about that? Giggles
This is FUN... Happy happy happy. You cannot steal my JOY... PRAISE GOD whoop
happy

United States

#96901 Mar 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, "Many will be called, but few will be chosen." God doesn't lie and God doesn't change? Job feared God and the afterlife hadn't even been invented yet - you should be petrified out of your wits....
True because you may be called but doesn't mean YOU WILL RESPOND.... hello??!!! Lol lol wow
happy

United States

#96903 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So christianity is a new religion with a different new god
Diff? New? Mmm nope!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96904 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I do ... And actually shower time has been amazing. You can talk to God ANYWHERE even when you are using the potty!!!! How about that? Giggles
This is FUN... Happy happy happy. You cannot steal my JOY... PRAISE GOD whoop
You need medication and professional help.
Screw the cookie have some Thorazine.
happy

United States

#96905 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You need medication and professional help.
Screw the cookie have some Thorazine.
And I could say you must need medication! What's the matter to much love and joy? Never apologize for that!
Chill chill

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96906 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
And I could say you must need medication! What's the matter to much love and joy? Never apologize for that!
Chill chill
I do not talk to imaginary beings while I am on the toilet. Does this imaginary friend talk back to you?
happy

United States

#96908 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I do not talk to imaginary beings while I am on the toilet. Does this imaginary friend talk back to you?
Definitely LOL ROFL not imaginary! BAHAHAHA why would I talk to imaginary friend? BAHAHA Omgosh can't stop laughing. Thank u for that
BAHAHA. Yes speaks to me for sure!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Those That Will Vote to Bring Sunday Alcohol Sa... 40 min City suck 33
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 46 min IND 20,236
Is the City of Pikeville going to make prostitu... 3 hr rebel 23
OMG Kentcky Power ro raise rates 12 % 3 hr Just saying 55
VAnderbeck writes yet another editorial in favo... 3 hr Lou Grant 17
cuba for all 3 hr Amj 24
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 4 hr MUSICK-NESS 22,247
Sheriff Charles Fuzzy Keesee 5 hr 15 days left 45
Is ISIS In America Imminent? 7 hr Cut Off Rustys Fo... 65
Robert Marble RIP 10 hr aep rookery 11