Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142343 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#96139 Mar 14, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Your opening statement that I do not know that he never existed is a two way street.
The words of jesus hold much wisdom? Than why do christians ignore those words? I have stated that if every one lived by Matthew 25:32-46 the world would be wonderful. Do YOU live by those words?
Put your actions where your words are.
And IF some one TRYS to live by the wisdom you speak of I will respect them, however the picking and choosing to suit the lifestyle and justify themselves I do not respect
I agree with this! This is what bothers me the most about the Christian religion and the Bible.

You can find a some good advice in the Bible, but if you followed all of the words in the Bible, you would more than likely end up in prison.

For example, most people know someone who is an alcoholic or has a drinking problem. If you were a parent who had a son, and that son was an alcoholic, the Bible explains to you how to deal with that problem.

"Deuteronomy 21:18-21

21:18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
21:19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
21:20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
21:21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear."

OK...unless I am mistaken, stoning someone until they die, that is assault and manslaughter!!! If a Christian says they follow the Bible, and they try this with their loved one who is an alcoholic, I really hope they have a good lawyer to keep them out of prison!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#96140 Mar 14, 2013
Rapidfire wrote:
<quoted text> If I looked in the mirror what would I see ; I would see you , standing behind ME !...As Jesus instructed ; Get thee behind me satan ;
That isn't Satan standing behind you, it is the plank in your eye.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96141 Mar 14, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like exactly what anyone from any other religion would say. They all think they "know". At some point you have to respect the the truth, which is that none of us know if there is or is not a good. In the unlikely event there is a god, no one knows if any of our religions truly represent that god. And if by some exceptionally rare chance, one of our religions is truly from god, know one knows which one.
You can tell yourself you know, but you only believe. If you ever learn to accept that, you can take a much more honest look at the world.
I do know...
He saved me!
Hope you figure it out soon... Not much time left!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96142 Mar 14, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know? Can you give me a list of examples on how one can know a God exists.
#1 you feel it in your soul!
#2 you see Him/His hand in all things!
#3 you know some things are just Wrong... Like Killing Babies!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#96143 Mar 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Radical secularists promote hate, see the quote above for proof.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
What are the most infamous examples of intentional daifs? Buddhist protesters, the Koresh compound, the spark of the Arab Spring? No, historically it was Christians burning thousands of grandmothers.
so true

Morgantown, KY

#96144 Mar 14, 2013
peace, to all , boy i am with it this morning....
I read all of your comments each day.

The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.

Thomas Merton
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96145 Mar 14, 2013
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
I can tell you how I know my GOD IS REAL! I know that BUDDA & MUHAMMAD are still in their graves, but, MY JESUS IS RISEN & very much ALIVE IN MY HEART!! Check the BORROWED TOMB, He's NOT there!
AMEN!
I will always Praise His Holy Name!
God Bless you, n yours!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96146 Mar 14, 2013
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
It has never been verified that this ever happened. Every religion has stories of miracles accomplished by different gods. Why do you believe your particular religion's accounts of miracles, and disbelief the rest?
He saved me!
Restored all that I let satan take from me too!
God is Good!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96147 Mar 14, 2013
To HIDDEN, haha, & Quantummist: Obviously you are blind to the TRUTH! The Bible has stories, but are TRUE & the LIVING WORD of GOD! I pray God will open your hearts & minds to HIM & His Plan of Salvation for YOU!! He is MY GOD because I have ACCEPTED Him as MY Savior & He is your God too! All you have to do is Believe Jesus IS the Son of God & Accept Him by Confessing your sins & asking forgiveness, Believe He DIED on the Cross for OUR sins, Arose from the Grave & Sits @ the Right Hand of GOD!
AMEN!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96148 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Now you have the RIGHT to your opinion! I DON'T belong to a CULT! The Bible says God's Word will CONFOUND the Non-believer! You know, I used to be where you are & thinking the way you think until JESUS knocked on my heart & I let Him in! You see, I know the things you say about me & Jesus ONLY come from SATAN!! Believe me, Satan is REAL also & is here ONLY to kill, steal, & destroy!! SATAN is also a Liar & the father of ALL LIES!
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96149 Mar 14, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
To all of the people who claim that they know god is real blah blah blah
Please tell me the character of your god. What is your god like?
God is JUST, and GOOD...
Two things that scare the Hell out of people like you...
He hates sin, but gave a way to be forgiven...
Your choice to choose the way you will go, and
If you do not want redemption... that's on you!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96150 Mar 14, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't want anyone to go to hell. It's a choice a person makes. Like the choice you are making to not believe. But God actually gives us ALL a measure of faith. There is a VOID within you that you will NEVER b filled with anything else. Are you really at peace? When trouble comes, how do you handle adversity? Do you love people?
People who are close to God and KNOW HIM ...not know of Him ...(That's the HUGE difference) will love all people and you will know who they are. This has been said by many they out this post. GOD is GOOD ALL the TIME! If you truly seemed Him out you to would find this to b true. You are only hurting yourself, possibly your friends and YOUR own FAMILY by denying the CREATOR! Surely with as intelligent as you sound you are checking ALL resources available. Human body alone...arteries, heart, EYE... Come on... The BIBLE is being fulfilled whether you believe or not. It will ALL come to pass... Hate or LOVE on... GOD BLESS YOU ALL! Thank you God for persuing me and SAVING me..from ME!
"Like the choice you are making to not believe"
I think you are posting to someone else...
I thank Jesus everyday for saving me... Amen!
God Bless you, and yours!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96151 Mar 14, 2013
happy wrote:
Great resources ..
The Case for a Creator, Dr. Lee Strobel
Darwin or design. Paul A. Nelson
How Biology Points toward God.
Dr. Raymond Bohlil
How the Universe Points Toward God
Dr John Bloom
The Intersection of Science and Faith
Dr Craig Hazen
(NOT MORMON...)
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96152 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Thus Saith the LORD! AMEN. I THANK God EVERYDAY for my Salvation thru GRACE & the BLOOD & ALLOWING me to be a CHILD of HIS!
AMEN!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96153 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Jesus was persecuted & said Believers would be also! If calling me names makes you feel better, then, so be it. As for loving blood, we as Christians are thankful for God's ONLY Son shedding His blood for OUR sins, unlike the way SATAN loves blood!
Amen!
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96154 Mar 14, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Your opening statement that I do not know that he never existed is a two way street.
The words of jesus hold much wisdom? Than why do christians ignore those words? I have stated that if every one lived by Matthew 25:32-46 the world would be wonderful. Do YOU live by those words?
Put your actions where your words are.
And IF some one TRYS to live by the wisdom you speak of I will respect them, however the picking and choosing to suit the lifestyle and justify themselves I do not respect
I like those verses...kind of like the "Do unto others as one would have done unto themselves"

There's a lot of people that do TRY and live by exactly that type of thing every day. The complications in that, being that hmans are IMperfect, NOT perfect, is that sometimes, SOME people have expectations, that NO one could live up to, because they're UNrealistic.

Why basic common sense is kind of requirement when reading such as well.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96155 Mar 14, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great post!
Thank you :-)
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96156 Mar 14, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Bah Bye.... Tell the rest of your cult howdy....
You do understand... WE want you in Heaven with us, n God... right?
Not even God will force you to make that choice!
:-)
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96157 Mar 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
They don't want Bible study in public schools because they prefer we teach leftist propaganda.
Got that right!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96158 Mar 14, 2013
Lucky wrote:
Worse for the US there is a reason to have seperation of church and State it's called Islamic Law!, and it's ( Islam) is the fastest growing religion in the US! Be careful what you ask for!
Islam fills the void created by atheists, and they say nothing... until their heads are on the chopping block too!
Christians pray for the gay...
Muslims smash their heads in with concrete blocks... go figure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My niece , is dating a black guy . 9 min URMean 16
All americans , vote for trump, america first !... 2 hr Red_Forman 3
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 2 hr Red_Forman 24,610
Hillary Clinton OUR next President 8 hr One Eyed Willy 554
My dog is a homosexual. 8 hr One Eyed Willy 3
Majistrates 10 hr dumazz 13
Occupational Tax 10 hr pikecopublican 197
Allstate safe driving Check??? (Dec '10) 22 hr Wrecked A Lot 72
More from around the web

Personal Finance