Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,076

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#94563 Feb 2, 2013
By the way there is a set of carved stones, 100's if not 1000's that show humans and dinos that are claimed to have been found... They are Fake... The guy that has the collection the so called INCA stones has been shown as fakes long ago... He paid locals lots of money when they brought carved weird stuff stones and all of a sudden 1000's of the stones started being "Found" problem is that while we can date the age of a stone we can date when they are carved... But we can observe weathering and wear... The INCA stones have almost no wear or weathering of the carvings... And No INCA Stone has been found in situ and documented as such... We do have a Stegosaurus carving on a wall in Cambodia but we have also found Stegosaurus fossils in the region...
Boots

Salyersville, KY

#94564 Feb 2, 2013
I would like to leave all of you with a fascinatingly disturbing thought. Everything Neil talks about here has evidence you can look up yourself. The last few minutes are just something you can imagine.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#94565 Feb 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have seen lots of stuff... And people have been running across Dino Fossils for 10's of 1000's of years... And No there was No Global Flood that covered all land.. Didn't Happen...Could Not happen... Would require Magic to happen.... There was a Global Flood that started about 30,000 years ago and covered about 10% of the land , but took 1000's of years to do so... And No, even those lands and cities covered by the melt of the last Ice Age do not contaminate the dozens of dating methods we use to date stuff... Water Coverage could cause bad data with Carbon 14 decay dating which is only used to date back no more than 50,000 years at most and then is validated using other methods to assure accuracy ... It Cannot cause bad data in the assorted other isotope dating methods that can date back millions to billions of years...
Yer lack of education in the subject is showing....
Are you saying that jews Did Not ride dinos around the ark?
so true

Morgantown, KY

#94566 Feb 2, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Good post Brownsville.
"Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books."
I agree.
A pick and choose world.. Good day to you ... stay warm..

#94567 Feb 2, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Good post Brownsville.
"Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books."
I agree.
I would add ", or Any Book for that matter. " to that quote... Consider all such claims with a skeptical mind and study the Evidence presented and all other evidence that can be studied then form your own conclusions based on verifiable, reproducible evidence, Never Believe......

#94568 Feb 2, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying that jews Did Not ride dinos around the ark?
I'm saying there is no verifiable reproducible evidence of such.... but here's the thing... B'Levers Believe.... Sorta like the Newest religion of The Church of Man Caused Climate Change.... B'Levers Believe....

“There is no god.”

USA

#94569 Feb 2, 2013
Brownsville,
Why do you never say "A pick and choose world.." to the religies that cherry pick?

A pick and choose world......?

Or a religiously biased one...

“There is no god.”

USA

#94570 Feb 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying there is no verifiable reproducible evidence of such.... but here's the thing... B'Levers Believe.... Sorta like the Newest religion of The Church of Man Caused Climate Change.... B'Levers Believe....

"The Church of Man Caused Climate Change"

Do they have a book, rules, gold pillared halls and a mantra?

We Atheist are always being told we have such stuff. But alas atheists must do without such fine items.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94571 Feb 2, 2013

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94572 Feb 2, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>That would be "freedom of religion" as long as it is the christian religion. Funny how the christians say "freedom of religion" and will not accept any others belief or non-belief. As the religies say hypocrites, one and all.
I think freedom of religion is a good idea, and I try to practice it daily. Another 24 hours of being religion free...a personal best.
I find it ironic when a religie puts little judgeits over posts and then calls other people hypocrites.
Matt. 7:1
Luke 6:37
James 1:26
James 4:11
Romans 2:1

Of course 1 Cor. 1:19 makes it all good and proper to be irrational, foolish and ignorant: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
Therefore, Christians are wise and intelligent?
Must be a Zen thing... Remind me to ask Q about duality and simultaneity.

#94573 Feb 2, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Church of Man Caused Climate Change"
Do they have a book, rules, gold pillared halls and a mantra?
We Atheist are always being told we have such stuff. But alas atheists must do without such fine items.
"Do they have a book, rules, gold pillared halls and a mantra?"

Yes they do... and they have Priests & Clerics, and B'Levers that pass the collection plates... They will excommunicate blasphemers and (at the moment only metaphorically) burn the writers of blasphemous writings at the stake....

“There is no god.”

USA

#94574 Feb 2, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think freedom of religion is a good idea, and I try to practice it daily. Another 24 hours of being religion free...a personal best.
I find it ironic when a religie puts little judgeits over posts and then calls other people hypocrites.
Matt. 7:1
Luke 6:37
James 1:26
James 4:11
Romans 2:1
Of course 1 Cor. 1:19 makes it all good and proper to be irrational, foolish and ignorant: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
Therefore, Christians are wise and intelligent?
Must be a Zen thing... Remind me to ask Q about duality and simultaneity.
"Therefore, Christians are wise and intelligent?"

Lmao, just 1 percent under normal.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94575 Feb 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do they have a book, rules, gold pillared halls and a mantra?"
Yes they do... and they have Priests & Clerics, and B'Levers that pass the collection plates... They will excommunicate blasphemers and (at the moment only metaphorically) burn the writers of blasphemous writings at the stake....
Amen.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94576 Feb 2, 2013
Words of christian wisdom,

"Everyone knows scientists insist on using complex terminology to make it harder for True Christians to refute their claims."

“There is no god.”

USA

#94577 Feb 2, 2013
"Deoxyribonucleic Acid, for example... sounds impressive, right? But have you ever seen what happens if you put something in acid? It dissolves! If we had all this acid in our cells, we'd all dissolve! So much for the Theory of Evolution, Check MATE!"

Lmao.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94578 Feb 2, 2013
"Gravity does not exist. The spirit of the lord holds us down."

Its hard to breath.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94579 Feb 2, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
"Therefore, Christians are wise and intelligent?"
Lmao, just 1 percent under normal.
1%?
It might not be PC to recognize that only 25% of people are above normal intelligence - but it explains a lot.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94580 Feb 2, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
1%?
It might not be PC to recognize that only 25% of people are above normal intelligence - but it explains a lot.

Someone posted this earlier "1 percent remark".

#94581 Feb 2, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
"Deoxyribonucleic Acid, for example... sounds impressive, right? But have you ever seen what happens if you put something in acid? It dissolves! If we had all this acid in our cells, we'd all dissolve! So much for the Theory of Evolution, Check MATE!"
Lmao.
Sometimes Ignorance is DNA deep....

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94584 Feb 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes Ignorance is DNA deep....
...and sometimes it is just a theological parasite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 20 min Reality 5,705
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 37 min No Surprize 154,162
Hames Park 52 min She got me 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Mums the word 81,647
Paul Patton Grimes/Obama 1 hr carl 3
tina sampson (Apr '10) 3 hr Zach Sampson 22
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr Voter 26,287
old men 7 hr facebook 6
Valley Elementary Teacher having an affair? 21 hr Praying for all 48
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••
•••