Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,476

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#94295 Jan 23, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I can see how we will be hearing that quote on fox-news every day for the next 4 years.
Along with "Peace in Our Time" can't forget that Gem....
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94296 Jan 23, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Along with "Peace in Our Time" can't forget that Gem....
Also,
George Bush brought to the White House a dedication to traditional American values and a determination to direct them toward making the United States "a kinder and gentler nation."
ok sam

Hamlin, WV

#94297 Jan 23, 2013
no prob

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#94298 Jan 23, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Also,
George Bush brought to the White House a dedication to traditional American values and a determination to direct them toward making the United States "a kinder and gentler nation."
You do know that Bush is not in political office now don't ya?
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94299 Jan 23, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that Bush is not in political office now don't ya?
"At this point what does it matter"

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#94300 Jan 23, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
"At this point what does it matter"
Correct... the same does not apply to office holders at the time they hold office...
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94302 Jan 23, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct... the same does not apply to office holders at the time they hold office...
And for at least another 12 years.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94303 Jan 23, 2013
Ted Nugent Threatens Barack Obama

"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year."

He also recommends decapitating Democrats: "We need to ride onto that battlefield and chop their heads off in November."

Reckless talk from a draft dodger.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94304 Jan 23, 2013
Grey Boxer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying teach facts in school, not faith. Sorry but the Evolution theory makes way more sense than the talking snake theory.
Snakes don't talk but Satan can make it seem so. see Revelation 12:9.

The Evolution theory (wild guess) makes no sense at all that something can come from absolutely nothing or some big bang theory. What blew up and what caused it to blow up? Two good questions would you care to answer them.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#94307 Jan 23, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Snakes don't talk but Satan can make it seem so. see Revelation 12:9.
The Evolution theory (wild guess) makes no sense at all that something can come from absolutely nothing or some big bang theory. What blew up and what caused it to blow up? Two good questions would you care to answer them.
Big Bang Theory has Absolutely nothing to do with evolutionary theory... They have been answered at a minimum of 20 or 30 times in this thread alone... The problem is the lack of knowledge of the subject matter on even a basic level be so many...

Start with Big Bang... Nothing Blew up, no one has ever said , that actually knew what they were talking about, anything blew up... I suggest you study the basic concepts of quantum mechanics to understand how the theory is derived and the COBI data on matter expansion as observed..

No one has ever said , that actually knew what they were talking about, that evolution started from nothing... It Started After the first two particles self assembled into a more complex particle some 13 to 20 Billion years ago... A basic course in fundamental particle would get you on the right track...

All of that being said the term Theory needs to be understood and it means that there is Evidence that can be reproduced and experimentally validated to give such theory merit... Understanding that as new Evidence is found theory will change to fit the Evidence...

The Basic Theory of evolution is sound even thought I find some of it's specifics concerning hominids to be questionable...

The Basic Theory of the Big Bang is sound even thought I some of it's specifics concerning causation to be questionable...

But I find Believing in a all powerful, magical, invisible being from another dimension that impregnated a earth woman so her son could pass along his need for obedience or you get tossed into a extra dimensional hot place and needed Humans to write down his words in a book instead of just letting it be known through his all powerful magical powers to be in a word, Goofy....
huh

Minonk, IL

#94308 Jan 23, 2013
What

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#94310 Jan 24, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Only picture I've seen you use is ankle biter with cowboy hat & glasses. Never noticed it had gone missing and haven't seen it anywhere else. I'll let ya know if I do.
Thanks man. Yep that's my stuff Santa Claus brought me Christmas of 2008. He brought me a matchin' holsters and cap pistols with the hat. I think the welfare folks brought my stuff but I never let on that I knew.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94312 Jan 24, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Snakes don't talk but Satan can make it seem so. see Revelation 12:9.
The Evolution theory (wild guess) makes no sense at all that something can come from absolutely nothing or some big bang theory. What blew up and what caused it to blow up? Two good questions would you care to answer them.
Satan is a ventriloquist, ToE makes less sense than magic, you defer to the prophesies of an exiled mystic who had no credentials and has had zero confirmed results and you expect a cause before the beginning of time.

Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94314 Jan 24, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Bang Theory has Absolutely nothing to do with evolutionary theory... They have been answered at a minimum of 20 or 30 times in this thread alone... The problem is the lack of knowledge of the subject matter on even a basic level be so many...
Start with Big Bang... Nothing Blew up, no one has ever said , that actually knew what they were talking about, anything blew up... I suggest you study the basic concepts of quantum mechanics to understand how the theory is derived and the COBI data on matter expansion as observed..
No one has ever said , that actually knew what they were talking about, that evolution started from nothing... It Started After the first two particles self assembled into a more complex particle some 13 to 20 Billion years ago... A basic course in fundamental particle would get you on the right track...
All of that being said the term Theory needs to be understood and it means that there is Evidence that can be reproduced and experimentally validated to give such theory merit... Understanding that as new Evidence is found theory will change to fit the Evidence...
The Basic Theory of evolution is sound even thought I find some of it's specifics concerning hominids to be questionable...
The Basic Theory of the Big Bang is sound even thought I some of it's specifics concerning causation to be questionable...
But I find Believing in a all powerful, magical, invisible being from another dimension that impregnated a earth woman so her son could pass along his need for obedience or you get tossed into a extra dimensional hot place and needed Humans to write down his words in a book instead of just letting it be known through his all powerful magical powers to be in a word, Goofy....
Nothing you said makes any sense and absolutely nothing to back your statements. 13 TO 20 billion years ago....You've got to be kidding! Unless you or at least someone was around to witness that how can you be sure it happened? And those two particles you made reference to...where did they come from?

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#94315 Jan 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Like making history into gossip; at least the Catholics and Christians face their history. Like hospitals, universities and worship centers; what have you done?
Science has done more in the past ten years for people than your evil cult has done in 2000 years.
WE built the hospitals and universities (and our places of worship) Your cult is against information, knowledge, and science (medical science)
Why do you need Doctors, you can just PRAY your illness away

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94318 Jan 24, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool Dude, but which one was Satan Daddy? Couldn't figure out which one had his arm up the other ones butt. Kinky man, kinky.
According to the story, God was the one telling Adam, "Sit! Stay! Good boy!" and Satan Daddy was the one saying, "Think! Learn! Make something of yourselves!"

The arm up the butt was on Larry the Cable Guy's "Only in America" - something about artificial insemination and the virgin Elsie, wasn't it?
Boots

Salyersville, KY

#94319 Jan 24, 2013
I will never follow the beliefs of man, why?
Because man destroys everything in his path.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#94320 Jan 24, 2013
Boots wrote:
I will never follow the beliefs of man, why?
Because man destroys everything in his path.
Do you mean like god destroying every living thing with a great flood or how god will destroy the earth with fire?
Of course not because god does not exist
amentothat

Whitesburg, KY

#94323 Jan 24, 2013
schools would be a much better place, if we would have NEVER let anyone take god out of it. he kept it safe in many ways.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#94324 Jan 24, 2013
I guess god was absent on may 18, 1927, if only god had been there. This happened under gods tenure, lol, religies and their bull excrement. The worst in americas history and teachers led the praying in school, ooops.

The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, on May 18, 1927, which killed 38 elementary school children, two teachers, four other adults and the bomber himself; at least 58 people were injured. Most of the victims were children in the second to sixth grades (711 years of age [1]) attending the Bath Consolidated School. Their deaths constitute the deadliest mass murder in a school in U.S. history and the fourth-deadliest massacre in U.S. history, behind the Oklahoma City bombing, the Mountain Meadows massacre and 9/11. The bomber was school board treasurer Andrew Kehoe, 55 who died in a car bomb he set off after he drove up to the school as the crowd gathered to rescue survivors from the burning school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min Kyboy 13,613
$$127,400. wow 24 min No Name Hillbilly 68
FBI Comes To Pike 38 min Please 12
Keith Hall lost and now . . . . 44 min plumber 49
McConnell can't run on the issues . 57 min just me 7
The Fix is in to save W. Keith Hall 59 min lord forkwad 4
district 1 board race heats up 1 hr just me 2
The R & R Show (Roger Johnson & Ralph Kilgore) 8 hr just me 27
State rep and mine inspector indicted on briber... 8 hr Amy 25
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match

Pikeville Jobs

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pikeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pikeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]