Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,498)

Showing posts 89,941 - 89,960 of128,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything in that statement is true, but I would have you read carefully the last four words in the first quote:
"... until everything is accomplished."
There are 58 words in the verse,

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished".

and the last four are all that matter, just a little cherry pickin, maybe?

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed the Story... He had the bullets pass through his body and not hurt him. No Bullet holes.. It's a Miracle .. Say Halleluiah!
Or say bull excrement.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth_ss wrote:
redo.
So what happens to the gentiles that died before the second covenant came into existence. Are the gentiles who committed idol worship, sacrifice children to moloch and other sins in hell-fire are they just in the grave asleep?
They stay dead, just like the gentiles after the fairy tale.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
That is beautiful. I agree.
My only son has grown into a wonderful, responsible, loving adult.
No drugs, no alcohol, no crimes or jail, no disrespect, no STDs....
He never made me worry.
And all without any religious nonsense whatsoever.
Just taught him good ethics and morals...and set a good example since I actually LIVED by those lessons.
It's great to have good kids, isn't it?
I bet you have worried the crap out of him. That witch stuff ain't no religion? Hum merry meet and merry fart. Ain't no freakin' witches in no woods. Maybe the boogie man, but no witches. Dudette you ain't right. My maw said I was a good kid after a bunch of beatins. I found some morals in the edge of a woods one time, pretty good fried up.
Uneducated Backwoods Man

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Sue wrote:
Our school was founded on beliefs of the bible. Schools began in churches. How could it be wrong to teach morals? To me, it's unconstitutional to not teach what our founding fathers believed so much in.
The Constitution talks about a seperation of church and state :/
Cameron Blair

Isom, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

You are all so dumb.
Leave religion out of school.
If you implement it, you might as well teach us all to be every religion, considering this is NOT a christian nation.
Keep your Christianity away from me, and I will continue to keep my beliefs away from you, if there is a "hell" then it's my fault for not believing, so you can go confine you life to live around a book about an imaginary friend who, mind you, was not the first one. What about the many religions before it, or the ones with more followers, are they all going to hell.
Keep your mouths shut, hypocrites.
Cameron Blair

Isom, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

I am a good person, to people who deserve it, and I am very intellectual, I am the ideal person. I do not walk around shoving my beliefs down your throats.
I am not on drugs.
I am not a felon.
I have never committed a crime.
I am responsible.
I have never drank alcohol.
I do not need your god, to have morals.
I am a good person, and I wish you would respect my religion, as well as I once respected yours, but its because of things like this, that I have to lose respect for it.
I have to hide my beliefs because you people are so intolerant.
But if i don't blatantly say it, you can't tell that I'm not a Christian, so thanks for this.
Good day.

Since: Jan 13

Dillon, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

If I leave you alone about my religious beliefs, why do you feel you must pester my kids in their school? Why can't you just let families make their own decisions about God? Isn't that, after all , what this country is about? Why should my tax dollars go to support a religion that I don't think my kids should be exposed to?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Uneducated Backwoods Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Not...

“Statism is slavery”

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Not...
Yes it does. The last line of Article VI and the first line of the First Amendment, both, erect a wall of separation of Church and State. Any questions?

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 58 words in the verse,
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished".
and the last four are all that matter, just a little cherry pickin, maybe?
I didn't say they were all that mattered. In fact, I said exactly opposite of that. I asked that you pay attention to the last four words as they define the previous 54. The use of the word "until" means that the current status quo will continue <until> the affairs are changed.

until - used as a function word to indicate continuance (as of an action or condition) to a specified time - until

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Uneducated Backwoods Man wrote:
<quoted text>
We must be reading a different version. Mine doesn't mention separation of church and state.

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/con...

“Statism is slavery”

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
We must be reading a different version. Mine doesn't mention separation of church and state.
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/con...
Yes it does. The last line of Article VI and the first line of the First Amendment, both, erect a wall of separation of Church and State. Any questions? lol!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

KennyKelly3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does. The last line of Article VI and the first line of the First Amendment, both, erect a wall of separation of Church and State. Any questions?
No, no it doesn't. It states the government will not respect one religion above another and that a religion will not be a qualification for service in the government.

Last line of Article VI:
The Constitution wrote:
<quoted text>"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."
First Amendment:
The Constitution wrote:
<quoted text>"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

KennyKelly3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does. The last line of Article VI and the first line of the First Amendment, both, erect a wall of separation of Church and State. Any questions? lol!
See my post above.

You're thinking of a different document.

“Statism is slavery”

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
See my post above.
You're thinking of a different document.
You're in deep denial, and doing your religion a gross pride.

First of all, the fact Article VI says there shall not be a litmus test reaffirms what our founders already espoused, that an office-holder's religion is irrelevant to the People. Did you know many of our founders weren't Christian, but deists - one of them was atheist.

Secondly, the First Amendment requires that government cannot respect an establishment of religion, meaning, that church and state cannot mix. Why? Because of their experiences with the Crown.

Thirdly, the Declaration of Independence affirms a Creator, not a specific deity. Not to mention Article XI of the Treaty of Tripoli (written by Jefferson, and signed by one of the most Christian founders, Adams) says this, "as the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion, as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of [Muslims], and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any [Muslim] nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

Fourthly, you desperately need to read the Federalist Papers, letters of our founders, and history. Please do your homework before you further alienate your religion. For example, Thomas Jefferson wrote this:

"Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State.[Congress thus inhibited from acts respecting religion, and the Executive authorised only to execute their acts, I have refrained from prescribing even those occasional performances of devotion, practiced indeed by the Executive of another nation as the legal head of its church, but subject here, as religious exercises only to the voluntary regulations and discipline of each respective sect.] Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association assurances of my high respect & esteem.

(signed) Thomas Jefferson
Jan.1.1802."
safe from religion

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Allow me to perform this little demonstration. It will take some reading, and looking, for I know some of you aren't fond of either. Tally up the atrocities performed by mankind alone, then by religion, then by Christians. I have never seen religion as anything but a problem.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Not...
Then we need to tax them. And yes, the Constitution does state that the government will not establish any religion and that is separation.
Freedom OF religion is freedom FROM some one elses religion

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no it doesn't. It states the government will not respect one religion above another and that a religion will not be a qualification for service in the government.
Last line of Article VI:
<quoted text>
First Amendment:
<quoted text>
If you do not want separation of church and state then prepare to be taxed.
However, by giving every one the right to freedom of religion is a wall that keeps any religion from having authority. That is separation of church and state

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

The only religion that uses a symbol for their religion that was a form of execution is the christian cult with its cross. You do not see other religions wearing hang mans noose or gallows, or the guillotine do you? Crucifixion was a very inhumane form of execution and this is what the christian cult uses to as a symbol for what they stand for. Tells you something about the christians love for blood

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 89,941 - 89,960 of128,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Pikeville Forum right now

Search the Pikeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Aug '11) 4 min MUSICK-NESS 4,742
Obama Letting Everyone Cross the Mexican Border 30 min Dumbo Ears is a Dumbo 7
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 42 min living dead girl 21,018
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Le Jimbo 144,934
Should We Get Involved in Iraq Again 1 hr scirocco 241
song title game, anyone? (Oct '08) 2 hr MUSICK-NESS 22,507
paris cowboy =music 3 hr PARIS COWBOY 4,569
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••