Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 147241 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#88748 Oct 17, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can I find this 'Massive evidence' that man was here 16,000 or 19,000 years sgo?
Gobekli Tepe, Dwarka, Doggerland, Pumapunku, Derinkuyu... to name a few...

“Jesus is Lord”

Since: Aug 11

Greenwood, Indiana

#88749 Oct 17, 2012
Every day get your heart ready before you leave the house. Pray for yourself. Then ask God to guide you though the day....

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#88750 Oct 17, 2012
damn wrote:
You know I never thought I'd see the day that we would no longer say the pledge in schools or have prayer before sports games. I seriously can't believe what I'm reading on some of these posts. Do your research schools started going to shit when spanking stopped prayer stopped and it became an awful thing to say the name God unless it was in a cuss word. Wake the hell up America I'm not some religious nut but I believe there is a higher power and it certainly didn't seem to hurt anything when godly things were included in school. We can teach evolution but we can't teach creation??? Come on and to those suggesting that if we tech bible we have to teach the Koran??? Have you read that thing I doubt it "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve therefore strike off there heads and strike off every fingertip of them"and thats a direct quote you do t see that in the bible...
God can't stand the sight of handicapped people.

The blind, the lame, short people, people with funny noses or blemishes, with damaged testicles, or broken hands or feet, crooked backs, or who have scurvy or scabs, or who have anything superfluous must not approach the altar of God.

Leviticus 21
(21.17) "Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God."

(21.18) "Whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,"

(21.19) "Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded,"

(21.20) "Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;"

(21.21) "No man that hath a blemish ... shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD ... he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God."

(21.23) "Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the LORD do sanctify them."

London, KY

#88751 Oct 17, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It happened once...
about 4800 years ago!
LOL
That was 6000 years after Gobekli Tepe was built..... And now that that some folks have figured out where to look cities are popping up every few months... In the last few years we have found 8 sunken cities out in the oceans up to 400 feet deep... The geological evidence dates the walls cut around the Spinx at around 12,000 BC..

London, KY

#88752 Oct 17, 2012
ThePreacherman01 wrote:
Every day get your heart ready before you leave the house. Pray for yourself. Then ask God to guide you though the day....
Nah...
By the book

Whitley City, KY

#88753 Oct 17, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Those aren't hearing from God, and you know I wasn't talking about them!
As I said... You could hear from Him too... If...
Repent, and Seek Him...
You will be surprised at the Truth of it!
You'd be on here like we are!
God is real, and
spreading good is far better than spreading evil!
What you speak of is conscience, perhaps finding inner peace and not anything to do with god speaking. god supposidly "spoke", commanded people in the old testament to do things,, I have never heard of anyone hearing, gods voice. Good, bad, that is in the person,,the most morally correct person I ever met was an atheist. She would drive twenty miles to give back an item in a grocery store that skipped getting rung up, lying and bad deeds were not a thought in her mind, but she knew beyond doubt, god does not exist.
By the book

Whitley City, KY

#88754 Oct 17, 2012
so true wrote:
<quoted text> I do agree with you , alot of preachers are wrong in worldly things. Things we are able to live without , they should not put so much worth in . But may I ask you are you a mother or a father? If so then what would you say to one of your children if they were in need? I am sure you would say the same that God would to one of his children. Would you not wish them well, love them , take care of them , and try and guide them to where they need to be in life? Would you not give them hope that no matter how bad , things are , things shall become better?
I lost my adult child and the pain of this cannot be imagined until it happens to you. I was a father who raised a son that meant something to the world, he saved many lives, whos friends told me he called me his best friend. Things do not get better sometimes and lying to them or yourself does not help. But we are people and according to some god's creations, this same god cannot be denied killed thousands of father's sons, babies, women. Their bible tells them this clearly, as well as this gods "regreted" making us in the first place. So I will take a fathers care for his son any day, over a murderous god regreting my creation in the first place. A parents love is real.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#88755 Oct 17, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It happened once...
about 4800 years ago!
LOL
"Humans didn't seem to be flat earthers until the middle ages"
And they are still here....
damn

Heath, OH

#88756 Oct 17, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>God can't stand the sight of handicapped people.

The blind, the lame, short people, people with funny noses or blemishes, with damaged testicles, or broken hands or feet, crooked backs, or who have scurvy or scabs, or who have anything superfluous must not approach the altar of God.

Leviticus 21
(21.17) "Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God."

(21.18) "Whatsoever man he be that hath a blemish, he shall not approach: a blind man, or a lame, or he that hath a flat nose, or any thing superfluous,"

(21.19) "Or a man that is brokenfooted, or brokenhanded,"

(21.20) "Or crookbackt, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;"

(21.21) "No man that hath a blemish ... shall come nigh to offer the offerings of the LORD ... he hath a blemish; he shall not come nigh to offer the bread of his God."

(21.23) "Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the LORD do sanctify them."
yes this is referring to the tabernacle in the old testament where it is said god dwelled while the children of Israel wondered in the desert. No unclean thing was to enter the tabernacle... Note that this is the old testament before crist came to earth and dwelt here as a man thus changing everything just as your sins have to be washed away by the blood of Jesus now to go to heaven no unclean thing could enter the dwelling of god then...
how about this

Pikeville, KY

#88757 Oct 17, 2012
how about you morons teach your own kids about your idea of who or what god is and leave the school to teach math, english, basic science and spelling. same goes for you pro fag got people that want to teach pro queer stuff in school to OTHER people's kids.
how about school become a place of facts, not religion or social issues like f ag got marriage or half assed science with alot of unproven theories such as evolution?
if I was in school and you tried to brain wash me with your idiotic religious beliefs or your pro faggot bull shit or we came from apes crap but have no evidence to prove it I'd become very uncoperative.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#88758 Oct 17, 2012
My question is why didn't Jesus go ahead and cure blindness, not just a blind man. LAUGHABLE!!!

I have changed my mind--I don't mind prayer in schools, as long as every child in school HAS to pray the way ALL other religions do. In other words all kids must say prayers of ALL religions...sound good??

Christians want a Theocracy, just like what Iran has now.
how about this

Pikeville, KY

#88759 Oct 17, 2012
damn wrote:
<quoted text>
yes this is referring to the tabernacle in the old testament where it is said god dwelled while the children of Israel wondered in the desert. No unclean thing was to enter the tabernacle... Note that this is the old testament before crist came to earth and dwelt here as a man thus changing everything just as your sins have to be washed away by the blood of Jesus now to go to heaven no unclean thing could enter the dwelling of god then...
so people with handicaps are unclean too? morons!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#88760 Oct 17, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Every nasty post you make...
Proves my point!
Yer Grammy must be proud of her lil snookums!
I'll bet you were in the coast guard...
not good enough for the navy, and
Not enough Honor for the Marines!
Semper Fi!
Hahahaha!
So chester, if your wife is on her knees doing some guy for "church" money, do you just watch or do you hold the bag?
so true

Morgantown, KY

#88761 Oct 17, 2012
By the book wrote:
<quoted text>
I lost my adult child and the pain of this cannot be imagined until it happens to you. I was a father who raised a son that meant something to the world, he saved many lives, whos friends told me he called me his best friend. Things do not get better sometimes and lying to them or yourself does not help. But we are people and according to some god's creations, this same god cannot be denied killed thousands of fath
er's sons, babies, women. Their bible tells them this clearly, as well as this gods "regreted" making us in the first place. So I will take a fathers care for his son any day, over a murderous god regreting my creation in the first place. A parents love is real.
I do agree a parents love is real. I am sorry for your loss. I cant think of such pain. We are all people. I guess that is why we are not perfect. We none know of each others pain , in anyway, unless we have lived it. Or how our faith would be from this pain.
Never forget yesterday,
But always live for today...
Cuz you never know what tomorrow can bring,
Or what it can take away...

“There is no god.”

USA

#88762 Oct 17, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, did you think this response up all by yourself? You are so clever. LOL
Yes I came up with it myself and I agree it was clever, thank you, glad it made you laugh and I thought you were just an ignorant creationist/christian nut.

“There is no god.”

USA

#88763 Oct 17, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely there are not more that think like this guy! Lol
You've got a friend, you guys have alot in common I'm sure, "wink wink".

“There is no god.”

USA

#88764 Oct 17, 2012
I love the "christians posts" so much like what jesus preached, you know love and compassion, turn the other cheek and all, lmfao, hate is the christian way.

“There is no god.”

USA

#88765 Oct 17, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LOL, it think its called christian mingle.
Hi SS, lmao, good one.

“There is no god.”

USA

#88766 Oct 17, 2012
If there was a christian god, which there is not, the poster from brownsville would have first class tickets.

“There is no god.”

USA

#88767 Oct 17, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Gobekli Tepe, Dwarka, Doggerland, Pumapunku, Derinkuyu... to name a few...
Very interesting stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Calahan Charles from Coon ck (Sep '09) 16 min 7lastnames 20
Jessica Shell and Jr Ray 40 min curious 4
Costco Coming To Pikeville 43 min fed up 3
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 52 min Alex Nicole 6,754
Black Hawk Layoffs 53 min fed up 79
Steve Hartz 58 min Trust me 3
Amy News (Feb '15) 2 hr Amy 161
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages