schools selling krispy kreme donuts

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sweet tooth

Carlisle, KY

#1 Feb 2, 2012
just curious about the prices for the regular. I have noticed several people have different prices. I would have thought they all would have been the same price. I am wondering if someone is using these for their own personal gain also.

“I FRIGHTEN OUTLAW”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#2 Feb 3, 2012
Yet another example of bad, fattening foods being hocked by clueless school kids all for someone else' gain. Candy,
doughnuts,..crap, crap. No wonder obesity and bad health is ravaging our youth.
protecting us

Pikeville, KY

#3 Feb 3, 2012
The TLH Dynasty wrote:
Yet another example of bad, fattening foods being hocked by clueless school kids all for someone else' gain. Candy,
I noticed hugh stacks of these donuts being sold at the local WalMart. I remember thinking, great another useless fattening food.
just me

Cynthiana, KY

#4 Feb 3, 2012
it is simple if you don't want them, DON'T buy them

“I FRIGHTEN OUTLAW”

Location hidden

#5 Feb 3, 2012
just me wrote:
it is simple if you don't want them, DON'T buy them
It's not that simple for children. Children need adults / parents to
instill good eating and dietary habits in them. A child will pretty
much eat anything especially if it's sugary and bad for them and I'd
imagine Krispy Kreme doughnuts are not the epitomes of healthy food.
wtf

Clay City, KY

#6 Feb 3, 2012
The TLH Dynasty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that simple for children. Children need adults / parents to
instill good eating and dietary habits in them. A child will pretty
much eat anything especially if it's sugary and bad for them and I'd
imagine Krispy Kreme doughnuts are not the epitomes of healthy food.
Don't blame your Mom Porky.

lmfao
sweet tooth

Carlisle, KY

#7 Feb 3, 2012
The TLH Dynasty wrote:
I think you missed my point. I know donuts are not nutritional. But they are a very good Fund Raiser for the schools, it is not intended to be a fund raiser for the parents of the kids that are selling them. My question was, I would think no matter what school or student it is selling, they would all be the same price. I do like the donuts and have purchased them for years, but in todays economy it is getting harder to buy them, especially when you see some students selling them for a couple dollars less on the dozen.

“I FRIGHTEN OUTLAW”

Location hidden

#8 Feb 3, 2012
sweet tooth wrote:
<quoted text>I think you missed my point. I know donuts are not nutritional. But they are a very good Fund Raiser for the schools, it is not intended to be a fund raiser for the parents of the kids that are selling them. My question was, I would think no matter what school or student it is selling, they would all be the same price. I do like the donuts and have purchased them for years, but in todays economy it is getting harder to buy them, especially when you see some students selling them for a couple dollars less on the dozen.
I completely understand your point and admit to a weakness of my own
for sweets that I try to stay away from, LOL. I guess it's just that
when schools start fundraisers like this, they're always peddling junk foods like these doughnuts or candy. I guess when one thinks about it though, sweets are probably going to sell better than any stuff that might actually be nutritional, heh.
old dude

Richmond, KY

#9 Feb 3, 2012
The TLH Dynasty wrote:
oh like you dont suck down a 12 pack of doughnuts a day! you are to doughnuts....what obama is to the coal industry!!
sweet tooth

Carlisle, KY

#10 Feb 3, 2012
The TLH Dynasty wrote:
<quoted text>
when schools start fundraisers like this, they're always peddling junk foods like these doughnuts or candy. I guess when one thinks about it though, sweets are probably going to sell better than any stuff that might actually be nutritional, heh.
My point is not about nutrition, my point is about parents selling school fund raisers to make a gain for themselves.
lol

Pikeville, KY

#11 Feb 3, 2012
The TLH Dynasty wrote:
<quoted text>
yep ,you have a real weakness for some candy rain from sweet barry don't you
fatty mcbutterpants

Pikeville, KY

#12 Feb 3, 2012
The TLH Dynasty wrote:
i will take 3 boxes of chocolate and 3 boxes of raspberry and powdered
What Did

Carlisle, KY

#13 Feb 3, 2012
sweet tooth wrote:
<quoted text>I think you missed my point. I know donuts are not nutritional. But they are a very good Fund Raiser for the schools, it is not intended to be a fund raiser for the parents of the kids that are selling them. My question was, I would think no matter what school or student it is selling, they would all be the same price. I do like the donuts and have purchased them for years, but in todays economy it is getting harder to buy them, especially when you see some students selling them for a couple dollars less on the dozen.
What did yours cost this year & how Fresh were they? I Paid 8 Dollars For Mine & Not So Fresh. "NO MORE". SORRY

“I FRIGHTEN OUTLAW”

Location hidden

#14 Feb 3, 2012
old dude wrote:
<quoted text> oh like you dont suck down a 12 pack of doughnuts a day! you are to doughnuts....what obama is to the coal industry!!
Ha! Actually you stupid bastard, my weakness is Ice Cream, LMAO!

:-)
fatty mcbutterpants

Pikeville, KY

#15 Feb 3, 2012
fatty mcbutterpants wrote:
<quoted text>i will take 3 boxes of chocolate and 3 boxes of raspberry and powdered
u can buy them at walmart and help the chinese ppl
legends dad

Pikeville, KY

#16 Feb 3, 2012
The TLH Dynasty wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Actually you stupid bastard, my weakness is Ice Cream, LMAO!
:-)
I bet you bought plenty, when your stamps came in today!!!

“I FRIGHTEN OUTLAW”

Location hidden

#17 Feb 4, 2012
Apparently Legend's Dud above is speaking from his own first hand knowledge. See, I don't draw any type of assistance and that includes Food Stamps so I could not tell you if they came in last week, came in yesterday, or will come a year from now but as we can all clearly see above, Legend's Dud informs us that they came " today ". He is quite specific about them coming TODAY without any guessing or simple speculation on his part. It is quite obvious he knows what he is talking ( typing?) about.
just a thought

Pikeville, KY

#18 Feb 4, 2012
i wish i qualified for foodstamps
right

Pikeville, KY

#19 Feb 4, 2012
just a thought wrote:
i wish i qualified for foodstamps
Be careful what you wish for. The bottom is falling out of the middle class, and those who are long term unemployed (due to lack of jobs) are finding themselves amongst those who now need foodstamps or even become homeless.
legends dad

Pikeville, KY

#20 Feb 4, 2012
The TLH Dynasty wrote:
Apparently Legend's Dud above is speaking from his own first hand knowledge. See, I don't draw any type of assistance and that includes Food Stamps so I could not tell you if they came in last week, came in yesterday, or will come a year from now but as we can all clearly see above, Legend's Dud informs us that they came " today ". He is quite specific about them coming TODAY without any guessing or simple speculation on his part. It is quite obvious he knows what he is talking ( typing?) about.
Wow didn't realize you were that stupid but not surprising!!!! EVERYONE knows checks and stamps come at the first of the month. I don't need assistance u fatass cause I go to work everyday. I know, I know, you are super wealthy and live in your daddies basement same ole lies that spew from that thing you call a face!!!! LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Immanuel 137,919
Pmc women 1 hr Kurt 20
SS Is Notifying People That Lawyer Committed 2 hr I hate a bully 7
Word Association (Aug '11) 3 hr Musikologist 6,409
Food banks 3 hr her 3
Musikal MishMash 3 hr Musikologist 86
Doby bishop 3 hr well 5
Amy Where did Combs Thread Go 6 hr Truth Sayer 15
PC Board Battle Royale Sun Pam Dawson 106
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance