Happy

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Oh, yeah, if you do the call ahead seating thing it's really neat. You tell them what time you'll be there and they put you in sequence for that time so you have a head start on your wait. You don't get seated as soon as you walk in but the wait is less.
hatetocomplain

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

ate there Sunday with my husband, poor service, our server kept taking plates before we finished without even asking and my husband never got his meal until I was finished eating, he waited over an hour for the roadkill which is only hamburger steak they must have had to go kill it before they brought it to him,,, I understand its new business and I hope things work out, but this is my second trip there and I am not going back for a few months to see if they work it out
confused

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Judged:

How can so many ppl afford to eat out in this town when 75% of them don't even work???

The 'draw' must be great around here!!!
asking

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

when is the best time to go without a long wait
Ahhhhh

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Judged:

The food was delicious, but our wait was an hour long. Also our server forgot to give our order to the cooks so we stayed there a total of almost 4 hours. 3 without food.
Some Info

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Well, I just tell ya...there's honestly no point in making the "call ahead reservations" because I did that and still waited 30 mins after the time I called ahead for. But, I have to say, the service was great and the food was very good!! Just don't see the point in the call ahead deal. Didn't work well for my family and I anyway.
Get out more

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Happy wrote:
I don't know about that. I'd try it now while the openers are still there. Our restaurants have a reputation of going down hill after the locals take over. Sad to say that but true. The openers they send in have so much more experience and seem to want to get the stores off to the best start but then when they leave what's left are just there for a payday and aren't worried about service and quality. I hope I'm wrong on this one though because we soooooo need a place to get a good steak.
I'm assuming that the "openers" make more money then the local workforce? That may be a problem? I know..A job is a job, but I think you will get more quality workers after the fact if the pay was decent.
UR Stupid

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

Same old wrote:
Just give it time! As soon as the openers and district managers leave, it's all down hill. I went there wed. evening and I would give it a C average at best!! To me it was just another steak house. Around here people don't really have a lot of idea what a good steakhouse is. Reno's, Landmark and Shoney's are what we're used to around here. It was kind of expensive for my taste.$19 for just my steak seems rather expensive to me! There's no way I could eat there everyday at those prices. Ridiculous!!
Of course you idiot it is just another chain steak house. They are all the same. If you think $19.00 is a little expensive then you don't get out much. When you pay $45.00 to $60.00 for your dinner then you can complain.
stupid people

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

This restaurant could be the greatest place ever and you would still have one or two that complain about it. Give the place a chance, it just opened.
Great Place to Go

Harold, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

For I for one was impressed by it, we walked right in Friday and got a table, the workers were very friendly everyone spoke to us as we were walking to the table, the girl seating us was very informative about what their specialties were, and our waitress a lil blonde girl was super nice and got our order right to a T. the food was awesome. I am very thankful we have this establishment in pikeville and plan on being a regular. keep up the good work employees your doing a fantastic job.
hopeful

Elgin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Ate there last night. Great food.
Liked it

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

Great food, superb service...I'll be going back!
Happy

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

3rd time last night and food and service was still great. I know I eat out a lot but with our jobs and just the 2 of us its just so much easier than shopping, carrying it in, fixing it, and cleaning up at 8 or 9 in the evening. Probably just as cheap if you figured it up. And for whoever said they had no luck with call ahead, I've used it twice and the first time waited about 15 min. (was seated in front of people that were already there but hadn't called) and last night was seated immediately even though there were people in the waiting area. So I think its worth the time to call ahead.
quality of steaks

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

UR Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you idiot it is just another chain steak house. They are all the same. If you think $19.00 is a little expensive then you don't get out much. When you pay $45.00 to $60.00 for your dinner then you can complain.
Those who have eaten really good quality steaks at a restaurant know what you are saying. I think that more places are reducing the quality of the food that they serve so that they can continue to charge the same prices or a little higher and still make a profit.
Little Man

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

I love their food.
Pike county

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

Ryder wrote:
I realize it is easy to blame it all on drugs and the people selling and using them. These same problems face every place in this Country. Bigger cities also have to deal with crack heads, meth heads, and heroin. We are luck these drugs don't have much of a presence here yet. I think a lot of the problems restaurants have around here is hiring management. Without a good manager they are certain to fail as the employees just do what they like. An educated workforce is where we are lacking the most. I have heard that some places have had managers relocate here. I read an article the other day about Hillbillies in Chicago. When a bunch migrated North to work years ago. It got to a point where a lot of employers wouldn't hire a hillbilly. Some people didn't even want to rent to them. The article was about Social workers trying to get them involved in the community, tried to get them to stand up and fight for better living conditions. These Social Workers were sent by the City to try to help them. The Hillbillies wanted no help. The article was about how most people prepare their children for work. To take pride in what they do. It went on to say that hillbillies look at work as a necessary evil, just something they have to do to keep the family fed. It told a story about the City planning to tear down one of the apartment complexes in hillbilly heaven. They tried to get them to rally together to save their apartments. They didn't care and said they would just move. They tried to from community groups among hillbillies but they wouldn't even attend the meetings. Said they had never encountered such a group of people.
Kinda went off subject there didnt you? the topic was Texas Roadhouse not Chicago hillbillies....try to keep up
huh

Decatur, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

if ur worried about service and wait time just call it in pick it up leave enjoy! I just love the house salad with a baked potato. Nobody here really comments about what they really liked about the menu... just bickering about stuff you will encounter in any restaurant.
IDK

Salt Lick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

But I was told it took so long to open up because they couldn't get enough people that could pass a drug test. Supposedly everyone that works there had to pass a drug test to be hired on. People shouldn't throw bad things out there about any food place just because others around here do things they shouldn't be doing. All I'm saying is give this place a chance don't knock it until you know or see these things with your own eyes. If your server is clean and you get good food and good service why complain?
Hillbillyhungry

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

Wen't there for a third time yesterday and so far so good for us. The only thing I can complain about was the air conditioner vent, I am not one to freeze all the time but I sat under an ac vent and almost froze to death in there. Time will tell if they can keep up the quality of the food and service.
hurricane girl

Phelps, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2011

Judged:

does anyone know when teco is having there next job fair

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of191
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

106 Users are viewing the Pikeville Forum right now

Search the Pikeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
sheriffs debate on tv 9 min Elect Fuzzy 25
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Known Fact 123,198
Judge Steve Combs Investigated? 14 min Worried 7
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Mao-bama Zombies 139,097
Walters Toyota NoServiceAfterSale (Jul '13) 29 min Nope 9
A & C on caney 33 min Nope 1
garages around here (Jun '09) 48 min Nope 21
paris cowboy =music 1 hr PARIS COWBOY 1,371
Danny Vanhoose 3 hr facts 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••
•••