meanest s.o.b. to work for in pikeville is steve owens,

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
fyi

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

The man has lost it
what

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 15, 2011
 
fyi wrote:
The man has lost it
You mean the attorney?
fyi

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

yes,ask some clients and co wrkers how mean he is to people, he has ran off 2 attorneys in one months time.
Toad

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 15, 2011
 
Good Lord! What has this got to do with anything and where do you get your information? LOL
Bitter Beer Face

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

My life time working around hotheads . They get a nickname its usually Cupcake !
Becky

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I met him once. He seemed like a very nice guy.
publicity

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 16, 2011
 
Did you see the newspaper Saturday. His client got 13 years for five or six pills. What happened to Steve Owens? He used to be a good attorney. The West guy could probably have done a better job representing his ownself.
yeah

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 16, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I totally agree with you, I think its a shame that Mr.West was given such a harsh punishment I'm not upholding his crime but it just seems in this case the punishment dosen't fit the crime. I actually thought he might get a couple of years and the rest on probation or parole. I would have just acted as my own attorney he would have got the same exact ruling and saved quite a bit of money in the process.
perhaps

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 16, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

2

publicity wrote:
Did you see the newspaper Saturday. His client got 13 years for five or six pills. What happened to Steve Owens? He used to be a good attorney. The West guy could probably have done a better job representing his ownself.
Did he go to trial? The community is getting sick of drug dealing and I imagine that more jurors are going to be handing out sentences like this to other drug dealers, hoping that they will take the hint and get out of our community.
Really

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Steve will tell you for 5000.00 i will take care of this, you will not go to jail, I got this under controll! I can beat this charge! Then when you go to court, he will say you need to take the deal. Your out five grand for something you could have done on your own....
ikr

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Really wrote:
Steve will tell you for 5000.00 i will take care of this, you will not go to jail, I got this under controll! I can beat this charge! Then when you go to court, he will say you need to take the deal. Your out five grand for something you could have done on your own....
alot of attorneys do that, and as for the drug dealer thats what happens when u take it to trial and get found guilty, if u sell dope u better take a plea deal or u will do a substantial amount of time..proven fact
I doubt that

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I don't think he is the meanest! He maybe one of many and I know alot more attorneys that could fit in this group. I guess attorneys think they can treat there workers how they want to and get away with it. Which most of them do. I think they should be ashamed of how they treat there workers. I know alot of them flirt with there workers and all kinds of stuff. Just down right nasty!
smoker

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 16, 2011
 
I disagree.I think he is a dickhead.
knows

Phelps, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

tommie joe only got 60days sounds like that man didn't have the right judge
fyi

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If yu want a god attrney to fight for you , go out of Pike cunty, they are all in it together, nasty old men who sleep with pill heads, or gay. They think they are god all mighty, but they have sold thier soul for a dollar to the devil.
U R AN IDIOT

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 16, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

knows wrote:
tommie joe only got 60days sounds like that man didn't have the right judge
Really? Maybe you should get your facts straight before you open that big mouth of yours and let your ignorance prove to everyone what a complete moron you are. For starters, this thread is about Steve Owens, who is NOT Mrs. Bartley's attorney. Secondly, Mr. West's case was heard in the courtroom of the Honorable Eddie Coleman (who, by the way, also presided over Mrs. Bartley's case); however, Judge Coleman is not currently on the bench due to a recent medical procedure so Mr. West went in front of Judge Rosen. Third, Mr. West's sentence was imposed upon him by a JURY of his peers -- NOT by the judge. Finally, Mrs. Bartley is currently serving a sentence of 365 days in the Pike County Detention Center, NOT 60 days as you claim -- a sentence that WAS, in fact, handed down by Judge Eddie Coleman as a result of the defendant's attorney, Roger Varney, making a plea agreement with Rick Bartley, Commonwealth Attorney.

People like you never cease to amaze me. You get on here and outright make stuff up about a case that is OLD NEWS in a shallow attempt to justify Mr. West's actions and insinuate that Mrs. Bartley received special treatment, either because she had the "right judge" or because Mr. West had the wrong lawyer. I encourage you not only to verify the facts I have stated, but I also challenge you to check your facts before you attempt to gossip and/or stir up trouble in the future. All of the information I cited is "public record" and available for public review both in the Pike County Courthouse and online.
hate to tell ya

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 16, 2011
 
U R AN IDIOT wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you 100%.
Really? Maybe you should get your facts straight before you open that big mouth of yours and let your ignorance prove to everyone what a complete moron you are. For starters, this thread is about Steve Owens, who is NOT Mrs. Bartley's attorney. Secondly, Mr. West's case was heard in the courtroom of the Honorable Eddie Coleman (who, by the way, also presided over Mrs. Bartley's case); however, Judge Coleman is not currently on the bench due to a recent medical procedure so Mr. West went in front of Judge Rosen. Third, Mr. West's sentence was imposed upon him by a JURY of his peers -- NOT by the judge. Finally, Mrs. Bartley is currently serving a sentence of 365 days in the Pike County Detention Center, NOT 60 days as you claim -- a sentence that WAS, in fact, handed down by Judge Eddie Coleman as a result of the defendant's attorney, Roger Varney, making a plea agreement with Rick Bartley, Commonwealth Attorney.
People like you never cease to amaze me. You get on here and outright make stuff up about a case that is OLD NEWS in a shallow attempt to justify Mr. West's actions and insinuate that Mrs. Bartley received special treatment, either because she had the "right judge" or because Mr. West had the wrong lawyer. I encourage you not only to verify the facts I have stated, but I also challenge you to check your facts before you attempt to gossip and/or stir up trouble in the future. All of the information I cited is "public record" and available for public review both in the Pike County Courthouse and online.
I agree with you 100%.
get it right

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 16, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

knows wrote:
tommie joe only got 60days sounds like that man didn't have the right judge
First of all she got a lot more than sixty days and secondly she took a deal that was struck by the commonwealth attorney, not the judge. He went to trial and got what the jurors thought he deserved. It is just too bad that all drug dealers don't have to automatically go to trial.
So True

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Really wrote:
Steve will tell you for 5000.00 i will take care of this, you will not go to jail, I got this under controll! I can beat this charge! Then when you go to court, he will say you need to take the deal. Your out five grand for something you could have done on your own....
You are so right. He did my husband the same way. He's the worst lawyer I've ever seen!!
Cabbage man - rowan

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 17, 2011
 
I heard he couldn't get nobody to work for him unless they are drug adicts or girls already in trouble. Karma is a b=tch. He's getting what he gave. Its time 4 him 2 step aside and let the new lawyers take over.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

110 Users are viewing the Pikeville Forum right now

Search the Pikeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
paris cowboy =music 13 min PARIS COWBOY 1,241
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min Mike Duquette 122,965
karma do you believe? 23 min just me 3
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 25 min S C A 138,830
Judge 30 min Do tell 35
Dr Thad Manning (Feb '12) 37 min just me 9
No Boil Water Advisory - Criminal Negligence 1 hr Dirty Water 7
Apocalyptic Signs In The Air 5 hr Appalachian Air On Ground 65
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••