Thunderstorm

Pikeville, KY

#22 May 18, 2013
I read so much about you club guys support other events bla bla bla.

I wonder how many of the Good Ole Blowhards will be supporting the Paintsville event?

You know it might rain. Yea I know a few of the trophy hounds turned out last week with rain but Paintsvilles event is not handing out any snoot hardware. Just a fun day mingling with other dedicated car folk. No fakes, no gold chain guys, no trashing the ones running the event, no controversy. Just a fun day hanging out. MoM could/would be that way if you snoots wouldn't stir the drama and leave Jesse to do his job.

I will be there and will probably be able to count you jokers on my thumbs. Such a pleasent day knowing you power brokers can't try to control the Gearheads and that is probably why you stay home.
LLC

Richmond, KY

#23 May 18, 2013
Chill Out wrote:
I think Jesse does a great job. Its you GOB's that get pissed when you can't dictate.
Futhermore you are dead wrong about the club entering cars in an event they were over. Dead wrong. Just check out some past awards pictures and the club was running the event.
If it were left up to the GOB's and the snoots at the helm there would be no vehicles allowed in town on Saturdays that didn't have a 2 at the front of the year model.
I can live with them but I think they have deeper issues with the Traditionals, Muscle, RestoRods and Rat Rods. Enough to possibly exclude them if they seized control of MOM. Not the GOB's as a whole by the Gold Chainer Snooty portion at the control of GOB's in my opinion.
Usual BS about the club that is 90% made up of older cars but then again maybe that new club you all started is really a good idea. Exclude all the newer retro cars and have cruise in's where 3 cars show up. There may be a place for a club with nothing but old cars and the like to cruise/show in the rain. I would like to join such a club if it was an LLC, Limited Liability Corporation. You see weather it is motorcycle clubs, ATV Clubs or Car Clubs you will need to get incorporated for liability purposes. Generally in Bridge, Rummy or Needle Point/Crochet clubs you don't need any liability protection but most large car clubs are LLC's. The Gearheads, Good Ole Boys, Elkhorn City Cruisers are all incorporated and you can look up their status on the Secretary of State Webpage. This makes it easier for cities and foundations to work with them. I hope your new car club is a success and I'm sure the club for all older cars will fill a slot in the tri county area. When advertising for cruise ins and doing car shows or working with a city on M.O.M. or Cruise In's type venue's you really need to form an LLC, you can do that with or without filing with the IRS for Tax Free status. I would not be in a car club that was not an LLC especially with all the liability issues that could arise in a car club or a club activity. Just a piece of advise from someone that likes to see all car clubs succeed and work in harmony with each other not see each other as some sort of competition.
Kenny T

Pikeville, KY

#24 May 18, 2013
I would rather be at a show with three nice older cars than a 100 new Vettes, Vipers and Camaros. You can see them any day of the week at the local NEW CAR DEALER.

And I too agree that anyone that would drive a new car to the show has some ego issues. Pure self centered and it shows.
Fluid Drive

Jackson, KY

#25 May 18, 2013
Didn't see the first Gold Chainner GoB today. I suppose the threat of rain and no awards was just to much for them to deal with.

It made for a wonderful day. So much for supporting the other events.
It is Done

Richmond, KY

#26 May 19, 2013
Fluid Drive wrote:
Didn't see the first Gold Chainner GoB today. I suppose the threat of rain and no awards was just to much for them to deal with.
It made for a wonderful day. So much for supporting the other events.
Stick a fork in it!

That club is run by a so called gold chain'er and a city employee, Has went downhill ever since the city employee took over the club. It is a joke and that is the reason they are losing members and no one is joining anymore. Most ex and current members support the Muscle On Main but don't like the shenanigans surrounding the car shows or being played like a cheap fiddle by a city employee. It is a car club in name only, the club has no say in what goes on at M.O.M. just rubber stamp whatever the gold chainer and the city employee want. If you ever wrote a book on how to kill a car club the Good Ole Boys would be a good example.
Fluid Drive

Jackson, KY

#27 May 19, 2013
I didn't know Jesse was in the club. Can you tell me who are the officers of the club and their positions? Thanks.
Club member

Duluth, GA

#28 May 19, 2013
The city employee has never tried to take over the club. This is just bs is all this thread is. Instead of complaining, try helping. I've been a long time member and every meeting I've been at which is more than you have attended, the employee has always asked the club for advice or told the club what the city can or cannot do. He has to follow rules and answer to the city council. The club wanted the show up until a month before then we backed off so he found a business that paid for it. The event will grow if people will help it and not bash it. You can't say their not open to help either because I saw several at the recent one who asked to help and he let them do whatever they wanted.....the guy with microphone and some car people that wasn't even club members were helping. HERE is a challenge to you: you SAY you support m.o.m., then prove it! NO more negative posts about the event, ONLY positive posts that suggests how to make the event better. They have to be realistic though, can't post to have Dale Jr giving away die casts. Positive things that can be done that you can help or I can help or we both can help. Let's make this thing grow but it takes us ALL together to do it, even you. We have support that nobody else, let's make it work, not tear it down.
My Position Is

Jackson, KY

#29 May 19, 2013
Club member wrote:
The city employee has never tried to take over the club. This is just bs is all this thread is. Instead of complaining, try helping. I've been a long time member and every meeting I've been at which is more than you have attended, the employee has always asked the club for advice or told the club what the city can or cannot do. He has to follow rules and answer to the city council. The club wanted the show up until a month before then we backed off so he found a business that paid for it. The event will grow if people will help it and not bash it. You can't say their not open to help either because I saw several at the recent one who asked to help and he let them do whatever they wanted.....the guy with microphone and some car people that wasn't even club members were helping. HERE is a challenge to you: you SAY you support m.o.m., then prove it! NO more negative posts about the event, ONLY positive posts that suggests how to make the event better. They have to be realistic though, can't post to have Dale Jr giving away die casts. Positive things that can be done that you can help or I can help or we both can help. Let's make this thing grow but it takes us ALL together to do it, even you. We have support that nobody else, let's make it work, not tear it down.
He asks the club for advice......thats problem one. I will state up front that I am not in the club and have never been. I am not some former member that you attach to every post that disagrees with the clubs position. It may shock you but there are others that don't care for the club and the car lot rides you show up in.

Now to my point. I attend as much as my schedule will allow, three to four times a year. I keep my thoughts/dislikes to myself and appreciate it when those that don't care for my ride does the same. I agree with the thought that this event will not grow and expand on the back of new vehicles. I honestly feel that is why we don't get more first timers. I am not suggestion excluding anyone. I am just stating that older classic and muscle cars attract new visitors. And the mindset and direction the event takes seems to be right out of the good ole boys playbook. And i wonder how much the club has grow using that playbook.

Go ahead and tag me with your usual disgruntled former member if it makes you feel better. In reality I'm just another Muscle visitor that enjoys the event and keeps my dislikes to myself the day of. So it seems there is more than one that doesn't praise the club, or its new ride faction. New rides don't fit the spirit of a cruize in and you can bet they detract from new visitors when Muscle gets branded as such an event.
Lyle Adams

Pikeville, KY

#30 May 19, 2013
Club member wrote:
Naturally you didn't take the muscle at main deal. Then you would not be able to enter the prize shows. And everyone knows about your guys reputation concerning trophys. Thanks for the support yesterday. I was in town all day and didn't see a single good boy show up. Someone said you got mixed up and thought the show was at hutch chevrolet cause of the corvettes and camaros out front.
Gearhead

Pikeville, KY

#31 May 20, 2013
They didn't show because they requested up front reserved parking for the Corvettes and the Viper.

We don't operate that way.
Simple

Richmond, KY

#32 May 20, 2013
If you don't like a car club, don't join! I don't believe they actively recruit anybody or beg anybody to join. Don't like Muscle on Main don't go! If I don't like a radio or TV channel I spin the dial. Go where you want already and I'm sure it will all work out just fine. M.O.M. is a better event on a rain out than anything I have seen local on a good day. Matter of fact the other towns in the area are just trying to copy what they have down there. First in the area to bring in something for the car guys and old car enthusiast, auto recreation to the city...Sucking hind tit and trying to play catch up...lol..
Gearhead

Jackson, KY

#33 May 21, 2013
Simple wrote:
If you don't like a car club, don't join! I don't believe they actively recruit anybody or beg anybody to join. Don't like Muscle on Main don't go! If I don't like a radio or TV channel I spin the dial. Go where you want already and I'm sure it will all work out just fine. M.O.M. is a better event on a rain out than anything I have seen local on a good day. Matter of fact the other towns in the area are just trying to copy what they have down there. First in the area to bring in something for the car guys and old car enthusiast, auto recreation to the city...Sucking hind tit and trying to play catch up...lol..
Yea we really copy you guys. Tell me why we far surpassed the 32 cars you had at your last show?

Actually we have far many cars monthly because our event is not held hostage by some elite Good Ole Boys. We have no reserved up front spots for the likes of them to spoil our event.
Trash and Burn

Richmond, KY

#34 May 21, 2013
Gearhead wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea we really copy you guys. Tell me why we far surpassed the 32 cars you had at your last show?
Actually we have far many cars monthly because our event is not held hostage by some elite Good Ole Boys. We have no reserved up front spots for the likes of them to spoil our event.
Thunderstorms predicted last show and it did rain. Somerset Cruise In numbers were cut in half last time on account of rain. Everybody knows how many cars show up at Paintsville when it rains, stop the bulls#*t. Noticed a little cruise in the other night just had 3 cars, when it rains people don't take them out. The parking for the club was moved on account of the car show, to get all the cars in one area where it was easier to judge instead of walking all over town to judge them. I guess if you work with M.O.M. for 4 years you get some perks. I bet any other car club in the area can get the same parking place if they call in ahead of time and come in as a group. I have seen the guys getting people parking spots and getting them parked even though another group handles parking now.
Everybody knows the drill, tear down another towns event in order to steal some cars for yours, trash Pikeville and the car club and promote your copy cat Johnny come lately event.
Trash and Burn

Richmond, KY

#35 May 21, 2013
Oh yea, I'm going to go watch a movie on a sheet instead of watching a Drifting competition. Most little towns tried to copy the burnouts with no success. Get some car related activities down there and I might go check it out let me know where the corvette parking is!...lol
Butch

Jackson, KY

#36 May 21, 2013
Trash and Burn wrote:
<quoted text>
Thunderstorms predicted last show and it did rain. Somerset Cruise In numbers were cut in half last time on account of rain. Everybody knows how many cars show up at Paintsville when it rains, stop the bulls#*t. Noticed a little cruise in the other night just had 3 cars, when it rains people don't take them out. The parking for the club was moved on account of the car show, to get all the cars in one area where it was easier to judge instead of walking all over town to judge them. I guess if you work with M.O.M. for 4 years you get some perks. I bet any other car club in the area can get the same parking place if they call in ahead of time and come in as a group. I have seen the guys getting people parking spots and getting them parked even though another group handles parking now.
Everybody knows the drill, tear down another towns event in order to steal some cars for yours, trash Pikeville and the car club and promote your copy cat Johnny come lately event.
Walk all over town????? There were only 29-30 cars registered. How much of a walk could it be. Heck Main Street can be walked in 5 minutes.

Facts have nothing to do with tearing dowm. Facts are something you can't deal with. You always refer to Somerset like its the Mecca and everything they do is used as a measuring stick. Thats foolish and indicative of your ignorance.

This past weekend in Nashville there were 2993 vehicles. Please look at the weather forcast and you will find rain. And this years numbers were up over last years with sunshine everyday. When you talk like a fool then you are viewed as a fool.

Vehicles with values of 500K along with vehicles of values of 10K showing up during the rain. These people are not afraid of a little rain. And no one signed a waiver either. The fact is that you and anyone that makes an excuse about a little H2O should just stay home and sit in front of the mirror till it quits raining.

I am not suggesting that it is noble fashionable thing to be in the rain. I am suggesting that outside this little town the event and people are much more than a little rain. And the great thing is there was no new Corvettes, Vipers or Camaros.
Nice try

United States

#37 May 21, 2013
Gearhead wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are not going to drive a wedge in between the two cities events nor do you need to. That is where your ignorance is out shining your narrow thoughts. Casey Jones and the ones responsible for Muscle on Main support each other! The two events and the two cities NEED to support each other! It's good business for both! Neither one benefits from tearing each other down. However if you are a complainer, and a few always are, stay on topix because everybody knows its a gossip site with false statements. Try this and I bet you will be noticed for once, lend a helping hand at either event and I bet you help make it better. That statement is for everybody!
Spin it

Richmond, KY

#38 May 21, 2013
Butch wrote:
<quoted text>
Walk all over town????? There were only 29-30 cars registered. How much of a walk could it be. Heck Main Street can be walked in 5 minutes.
Facts have nothing to do with tearing dowm. Facts are something you can't deal with. You always refer to Somerset like its the Mecca and everything they do is used as a measuring stick. Thats foolish and indicative of your ignorance.
This past weekend in Nashville there were 2993 vehicles. Please look at the weather forcast and you will find rain. And this years numbers were up over last years with sunshine everyday. When you talk like a fool then you are viewed as a fool.
Vehicles with values of 500K along with vehicles of values of 10K showing up during the rain. These people are not afraid of a little rain. And no one signed a waiver either. The fact is that you and anyone that makes an excuse about a little H2O should just stay home and sit in front of the mirror till it quits raining.
I am not suggesting that it is noble fashionable thing to be in the rain. I am suggesting that outside this little town the event and people are much more than a little rain. And the great thing is there was no new Corvettes, Vipers or Camaros.
Spin it, twist it anyway you want but previous shows have had good numbers but yes the rain cut the numbers down on this show. You plan for shows in good weather and at times you had to walk up and down main down to the BB&T bank to judge a show. All you do is pick a low number event and try to make a big deal of it. I have been to Paintsville events when the numbers were low on account of rain, this crap has been spread for two years on here and anybody with an ounce of common sense knows bad weather cuts your numbers in outside events. A complete B/S bunch of crap about the newer cars also, they are most times judged in a different category and should be. I know a guy that won best in class down there with an almost pure stock 56 Chevy Belair. Show cars are detailed under the hood and sometimes underneath, nobody and I mean nobody takes them out in the rain unless in covered trailer. If you are serious about showing a car you bring it in clean, you tell this crap to a mule and it would kick your brains out.
Larry

Jackson, KY

#39 May 21, 2013
Nice try wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are not going to drive a wedge in between the two cities events nor do you need to. That is where your ignorance is out shining your narrow thoughts. Casey Jones and the ones responsible for Muscle on Main support each other! The two events and the two cities NEED to support each other! It's good business for both! Neither one benefits from tearing each other down. However if you are a complainer, and a few always are, stay on topix because everybody knows its a gossip site with false statements. Try this and I bet you will be noticed for once, lend a helping hand at either event and I bet you help make it better. That statement is for everybody!
And how much did you support Casey and the great people of Paintsville this wekend? Just as I thought, sitting home in front of the mirror.
Larry

Jackson, KY

#40 May 21, 2013
Spin it wrote:
<quoted text>
Spin it, twist it anyway you want but previous shows have had good numbers but yes the rain cut the numbers down on this show. You plan for shows in good weather and at times you had to walk up and down main down to the BB&T bank to judge a show. All you do is pick a low number event and try to make a big deal of it. I have been to Paintsville events when the numbers were low on account of rain, this crap has been spread for two years on here and anybody with an ounce of common sense knows bad weather cuts your numbers in outside events. A complete B/S bunch of crap about the newer cars also, they are most times judged in a different category and should be. I know a guy that won best in class down there with an almost pure stock 56 Chevy Belair. Show cars are detailed under the hood and sometimes underneath, nobody and I mean nobody takes them out in the rain unless in covered trailer. If you are serious about showing a car you bring it in clean, you tell this crap to a mule and it would kick your brains out.
Do you have the ability to read and comprehend? It appears not. Take a moment and do a search for the GoodGuys event this weekend and you will see 500K rides arriving in rain conditions. These people with the rare ability to build national award winning cars haven't the smarts to get out of the rain by your suggestion. Bobby Alloway, Troy Trepainar, Pinkees, and The Roadster Shop just to mention a few could be seen driving high dollar rides all over town in the pouring rain. Again I am not suggesting that they or I live to drive in the rain. But I do enjoy events enough to not let it dictate weather/wheather I go or not. Therein lies the answer. Are you in it for real or just to get your ego stroked by standing in front of your Corvette/Viper?

You really don't have a clue. You always suggest liability, fuel mileage, rain etc for reasons not to appear. Tell that to almost 3000 people that showed up in Nashvlle in the rain and they too will think you are nuts. And yes I made the trip in the rain. Not on a trailer in the rain. And it was worth it to get away from you window sticker guys for three days.
The Large Events

Clay City, KY

#41 May 21, 2013
Super Chevy Sunday, the Good Guys, even the Spring Rod Run and Shades of the Past in Tennessee are all long time well promoted events by Interstate Highways accessible to several surrounding states in more metropolitan area's. Pikeville is 2-3 hours off the beaten path, small town show as is Paintsville and Prestonsburg.

Comparing apples to oranges and still a little deceptive. I have seen little area cruise ins affected by the rain, what was the number at the Reno's Cruise In about a week ago, 3 cars? I believe Somerset near I-75 was even down in the car count for a rain event. When they have big attractions in large towns by the interstates I don't believe the rain will hurt as bad. Large events in metropolitan area's near the Interstate usually fair better than small town venue's back in the mountains, especially ones with nationally known sponsors. Get GoodGuys to sponsor Paintsville or Pikeville, get Super Chevy Sunday in town or even the American Graffiti stars that are going to be in Somerset this summer. Probably have a decent turn out even in the rain. Barring that it will be about like a cruise in at Reno's when it threatens rain....3 or 4 cars. I don't think we will ever see any $500,000 builds at Pikeville or Paintsville on a regular basis. The S.E.M.A. Show in Las Vegas maybe or Pebble Beach Concours. I will be down at Paintsville looking for the 500,000 dollar cars in the rain or is it just Pikeville that gets slammed for not having any expensive cars out in the rain. Just small time shows more for local recreation doing the best they can, sorry Pikeville don't measure up to your standards. I guess you ride your Lamborghini or $500,000 custom in the rain at Paintsville, I might go stand in the rain to see that....lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 38 min IND 26,310
Obama causes riots 42 min NappyRoots 20
Bob Anal cavity 1 hr Patriot 1
Pike Central teacher 1 hr pissed 12
Women's shit smells worse then men's shit (Jan '10) 1 hr Patriot 98
The "Let's Mock Muhammad" Thread 1 hr pikecopublican 17
talk about fat women's hoohaa, start rumors bu... (Oct '14) 1 hr Patriot 4
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE