'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 285526 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#177321 Sep 4, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>yep, good for Randy, the GOTP clown show loves their Presidential Contenders to be on all sides of an issue cause that reflects their posture also!!!!
Except, he won't be a contender, even IF KY changes the Constitution FOR HIM which they won't do!
So, good for you Jack off.
Yawn

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#177322 Sep 4, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
If, according to you, all in GITMO were terrorists, maybe you can explain why Bush couldn't get any of them convicted?????
Maybe you can explain to us all why he let more than 500 go???
"Indeed, government documents indicate more than 500 detainees were released or transferred from Guantanamo while George W. Bush was president. A White House executive order issued on the second day of Obama's presidency said, " The federal government has moved more than 500 such detainees from Guantánamo, either by returning them to their home country or by releasing or transferring them to a third country."
That's backed up by a fact sheet from the military task force that runs the detention camp, which says 520 detainees had been released or transferred by March 2009. "
Of course you can't! But you can deflect, misdirect, change the subject, make believe you didn't say that or any other number of BS distractions but what you won;t do is answer those questionS!!!!!!!!!!
Sh*tty soldier!
The only people convicted after WW2 was war criminals. No one was released until the war was over.
Jay

Versailles, IN

#177323 Sep 4, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you love and trust the Saudis so much, maybe you'd like to live under their Laws?
The agency did not state if the three, beheaded in the northern Jawf region, were part of the same drug-trafficking ring.
An Iranian, Reda Idrisawi, was put to death in Eastern Province after he was convicted of trafficking “a large amount of narcotic hashish by sea”, another SPA statement said.
The beheadings increased to 45 the number of executions carried out in the desert kingdom this year, according to an AFP tally.
As Conor Friedersdorf pithily observed a couple of months ago...
It is actually impossible for any American political figure to have more chutzpah than Dick Cheney, because no one's influence on public life has been more ruinous. His role in Middle East policy in particular will go down as one of American history's most catastrophically costly displays of geopolitical incompetence. I have no doubt that he loves his country every bit as much as he loves a day out hunting with his friends. In both cases, he does about as much damage as buckshot to the face. At this point, it would be unseemly if he publicly criticized even the most careless hunter. He ought to shut up about Middle East policy too.
Friedersdorf also reminds us that most of the hijackers on September 11, 2001 were Saudis. How rude of him.
None of that is to say that ISIS isn't barbaric. They most certainly are. But it's important to remember that some of our "best friends" in the neighborhood aren't any better. And uber-hawks like Cheney are fine with that.
Update: I forgot about this from last April. I'm going to guess Cheney doesn't have a problem with it:
Saudi Arabia has introduced a series of new laws which define atheists as terrorists, according to a report from Human Rights Watch.
In a string of royal decrees and an overarching new piece of legislation to deal with terrorism generally, the Saudi King Abdullah has clamped down on all forms of political dissent and protests that could "harm public order".
The new laws have largely been brought in to combat the growing number of Saudis travelling to take part in the civil war i Syria, who have previously returned with newfound training and ideas about overthrowing the monarchy.
To that end, King Abdullah issued Royal Decree 44, which criminalises "participating in hostilities outside the kingdom" with prison sentences of between three and 20 years, Human Rights Watch said.
Yet last month further regulations were issued by the Saudi interior ministry, identifying a broad list of groups which the government considers to be terrorist organisations - including the Muslim Brotherhood.
Article one of the new provisions defines terrorism as "calling for atheist thought in any form, or calling into question the fundamentals of the Islamic religion on which this country is based".
Now where are the 9/11 hyjackers from?
**********

Maybe you’d like to learn to read.

What the hell does my post from the Washington Times *Islamist militias in Libya took control of nearly a dozen commercial jetliners *

have to do with your copy and paste response re: beheadings and drug trafficking?
GOTP

Lynn, MA

#177324 Sep 4, 2014
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in a fantasy world. Nothing we do/don't do will affect the way these terrorist treat our people. You don't defeat them by appeasing them.
We see how well Obama's Ass Kissing tour of the world has done.
You only call it torture because your Libtard Messiah said it was. I guess all the lawyers that said it wasn't were incorrect.
Like I said before, take your tree hugging, Birkenstock wearing butt back down in your Mom's basement and the real men and women of the USA will keep you safe.
What we see is the direct result of Bush' War of CHOICE dumbdumb.

Show me where "all those Lawyers" determined that we did not Torture???

"Waterboarding is a form of torture, more specifically a type of water torture, in which water is poured over a cloth covering the face and breathing passages of an immobilized captive, causing the individual to experience the sensation of drowning. Waterboarding can cause extreme pain, dry drowning, damage to lungs, brain damage from oxygen deprivation, other physical injuries including broken bones due to struggling against restraints, lasting psychological damage, and death"

The term water board torture appeared in press reports as early as 1976.[6] In the fall of 2007, it was widely reported that the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) was using waterboarding on extrajudicial prisoners and that the Office of Legal Counsel, Department of Justice had authorized the procedure among enhanced interrogation techniques.[7][8] Senator John McCain noted that in World War II, the United States military hanged Japanese soldiers for waterboarding American prisoners of war.[9] The CIA confirmed having used waterboarding on three Al-Qaeda suspects: Abu Zubaydah, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, in 2002 and 2003."

"Waterboarding was designated as illegal by U.S. generals in the Vietnam War"

"Waterboarding is considered to be torture by a wide range of authorities, including legal experts,[1][36][37] politicians, war veterans,[38][39] intelligence officials,[40] military judges,[41] and human rights organizations"

The United States knows quite a bit about waterboarding. The U.S. government -- whether acting alone before domestic courts, commissions and courts-martial or as part of the world community -- has not only condemned the use of water torture but has severely punished those who applied it.

After World War II, we convicted several Japanese soldiers for waterboarding American and Allied prisoners of war. At the trial of his captors, then-Lt. Chase J. Nielsen, one of the 1942 Army Air Forces officers who flew in the Doolittle Raid and was captured by the Japanese, testified: "I was given several types of torture.... I was given what they call the water cure." He was asked what he felt when the Japanese soldiers poured the water. "Well, I felt more or less like I was drowning," he replied, "just gasping between life and death."

Nielsen's experience was not unique. Nor was the prosecution of his captors. After Japan surrendered, the United States organized and participated in the International Military Tribunal for the Far East, generally called the Tokyo War Crimes Trials. Leading members of Japan's military and government elite were charged, among their many other crimes, with torturing Allied military personnel and civilians. The principal proof upon which their torture convictions were based was conduct that we would now call waterboarding.

All that but now dumbdumb thinks he's the one that knows whats what!!!!

Of course the world began for dumbdumb on January 6th 2009!!!!!!!
GOTP

Lynn, MA

#177325 Sep 4, 2014
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in a fantasy world. Nothing we do/don't do will affect the way these terrorist treat our people. You don't defeat them by appeasing them.
We see how well Obama's Ass Kissing tour of the world has done.
You only call it torture because your Libtard Messiah said it was. I guess all the lawyers that said it wasn't were incorrect.
Like I said before, take your tree hugging, Birkenstock wearing butt back down in your Mom's basement and the real men and women of the USA will keep you safe.
And BTW dumbdumb, you should be THANKING Obama for not prosecuting our very own War Criminals!!!!!!!!!!
Reality

Georgetown, KY

#177326 Sep 4, 2014
Obama was asked his position on beheading. He replied, "I be heading to the golf course "....
GOTP

Lynn, MA

#177327 Sep 4, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
**********
Maybe you’d like to learn to read.
What the hell does my post from the Washington Times *Islamist militias in Libya took control of nearly a dozen commercial jetliners *
have to do with your copy and paste response re: beheadings and drug trafficking?
Can't figure that out huh dumbdumb!!

Saudi threats of airplanes on US soil?
Certain terrorist doing just that from Saudi?
Certain Saudi Government beheading people over religious beliefs?

None of it rings any bells huh dumbdumb!!
GOTP

Lynn, MA

#177328 Sep 4, 2014
You teahadists are sooo f-ing ignorant it makes me sad! The regression in this country is something to be ashamed of, excuse making, ridiculous word meaning changes, up is down, black is white, water is dry, 2+2 is 5!!!

And everyone is supposed to go along with it!!!

Only the stupid do I'll tell you that much!!!
Reality

Georgetown, KY

#177329 Sep 4, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't figure that out huh dumbdumb!!
Saudi threats of airplanes on US soil?
Certain terrorist doing just that from Saudi?
Certain Saudi Government beheading people over religious beliefs?
None of it rings any bells huh dumbdumb!!
I bet you are a blast at parties!
Point Man

Johnson City, TN

#177330 Sep 4, 2014
America's GI "boots on the ground" in Iraq are so frustrated with the White House message about their mission against the Islamic State -- which Vice President Biden vowed Wednesday to chase "to the gates of Hell" -- that they're wondering how they'll accomplish the goal "when we can't even leave the front gate of our base."

Biden on Wednesday delivered what was probably the toughest statement to date from the administration, declaring, after another U.S. journalist was beheaded by the Islamic State, "we will follow them to the gates of Hell until they are brought to justice."

But his tough talk was at odds with a message delivered earlier in the day by President Obama, who said that while his administration's goal is to "destroy" ISIS -- it also is to "shrink" it to a "manageable problem."

Amid the mixed messages, a source in contact with special operators in Iraq told Fox News that "frustration and confusion reign" among Americans on the ground there.

The source relayed the complaint of an unnamed special operator: "Chase them to the Gates of Hell? How the [f---] are we going to do that when we can't even leave the front gate of our base!?"

Here is the Obama nightmare protecting his Islamic Bro's, and continuing to destroy American integrity, worldwide! Obama nor his(other) idiot Biden have any incentive to do anything...About ISSI, or any Muslim of any kind, anywhere! An American looser, making losers of us all! Obama has opened our southern border for an invasion! Its almost time for 'citizen''boots on the ground in America!

May God Bless America.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#177331 Sep 4, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
What we see is the direct result of Bush' War of CHOICE dumbdumb.
Show me where "all those Lawyers" determined that we did not Torture???
"Waterboarding is a form of torture, more specifically a type of water torture, in which water is poured over a cloth covering the face and breathing passages of an immobilized captive, causing the individual to experience the sensation of drowning. Waterboarding can cause extreme pain, dry drowning, damage to lungs, brain damage from oxygen deprivation, other physical injuries including broken bones due to struggling against restraints, lasting psychological damage, and death"
The term water board torture appeared in press reports as early as 1976.[6] In the fall of 2007, it was widely reported that the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) was using waterboarding on extrajudicial prisoners and that the Office of Legal Counsel, Department of Justice had authorized the procedure among enhanced interrogation techniques.[7][8] Senator John McCain noted that in World War II, the United States military hanged Japanese soldiers for waterboarding American prisoners of war.[9] The CIA confirmed having used waterboarding on three Al-Qaeda suspects: Abu Zubaydah, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, in 2002 and 2003."
"Waterboarding was designated as illegal by U.S. generals in the Vietnam War"
"Waterboarding is considered to be torture by a wide range of authorities, including legal experts,[1][36][37] politicians, war veterans,[38][39] intelligence officials,[40] military judges,[41] and human rights organizations"
The United States knows quite a bit about waterboarding. The U.S. government -- whether acting alone before domestic courts, commissions and courts-martial or as part of the world community -- has not only condemned the use of water torture but has severely punished those who applied it.
After World War II, we convicted several Japanese soldiers for waterboarding American and Allied prisoners of war. At the trial of his captors, then-Lt. Chase J. Nielsen, one of the 1942 Army Air Forces officers who flew in the Doolittle Raid and was captured by the Japanese, testified: "I was given several types of torture.... I was given what they call the water cure." He was asked what he felt when the Japanese soldiers poured the water. "Well, I felt more or less like I was drowning," he replied, "just gasping between life and death."
Nielsen's experience was not unique. Nor was the prosecution of his captors. After Japan surrendered, the United States organized and participated in the International Military Tribunal for the Far East, generally called the Tokyo War Crimes Trials. Leading members of Japan's military and government elite were charged, among their many other crimes, with torturing Allied military personnel and civilians. The principal proof upon which their torture convictions were based was conduct that we would now call waterboarding.
All that but now dumbdumb thinks he's the one that knows whats what!!!!
Of course the world began for dumbdumb on January 6th 2009!!!!!!!
And the Justice Dept. said it was not torture. Said it was legal until Obama's dumbass wanted to kiss the terrorists ass.

I don't care how many terrorists they waterboard, torture, behead, etc. This way, you speak their language and they get the point. What you don't understand is that is all they understand.

Now go back in the basement chickens**t and let the real men and women of the USA pack your load as we always have.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#177332 Sep 4, 2014
The really sad part GOTP is that you think this stuff still doesn't happen. You really think that CIA blackops has stopped since Obama has been POTUS. If you do, I have a bridge for sale.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#177333 Sep 4, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
What we see is the direct result of Bush' War of CHOICE dumbdumb.
Show me where "all those Lawyers" determined that we did not Torture???
"Waterboarding is a form of torture, more specifically a type of water torture, in which water is poured over a cloth covering the face and breathing passages of an immobilized captive, causing the individual to experience the sensation of drowning. Waterboarding can cause extreme pain, dry drowning, damage to lungs, brain damage from oxygen deprivation, other physical injuries including broken bones due to struggling against restraints, lasting psychological damage, and death"
The term water board torture appeared in press reports as early as 1976.[6] In the fall of 2007, it was widely reported that the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) was using waterboarding on extrajudicial prisoners and that the Office of Legal Counsel, Department of Justice had authorized the procedure among enhanced interrogation techniques.[7][8] Senator John McCain noted that in World War II, the United States military hanged Japanese soldiers for waterboarding American prisoners of war.[9] The CIA confirmed having used waterboarding on three Al-Qaeda suspects: Abu Zubaydah, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, in 2002 and 2003."
"Waterboarding was designated as illegal by U.S. generals in the Vietnam War"
"Waterboarding is considered to be torture by a wide range of authorities, including legal experts,[1][36][37] politicians, war veterans,[38][39] intelligence officials,[40] military judges,[41] and human rights organizations"
The United States knows quite a bit about waterboarding. The U.S. government -- whether acting alone before domestic courts, commissions and courts-martial or as part of the world community -- has not only condemned the use of water torture but has severely punished those who applied it.
After World War II, we convicted several Japanese soldiers for waterboarding American and Allied prisoners of war. At the trial of his captors, then-Lt. Chase J. Nielsen, one of the 1942 Army Air Forces officers who flew in the Doolittle Raid and was captured by the Japanese, testified: "I was given several types of torture.... I was given what they call the water cure." He was asked what he felt when the Japanese soldiers poured the water. "Well, I felt more or less like I was drowning," he replied, "just gasping between life and death."
Nielsen's experience was not unique. Nor was the prosecution of his captors. After Japan surrendered, the United States organized and participated in the International Military Tribunal for the Far East, generally called the Tokyo War Crimes Trials. Leading members of Japan's military and government elite were charged, among their many other crimes, with torturing Allied military personnel and civilians. The principal proof upon which their torture convictions were based was conduct that we would now call waterboarding.
All that but now dumbdumb thinks he's the one that knows whats what!!!!
Of course the world began for dumbdumb on January 6th 2009!!!!!!!
What we see..........Topix don't do brail moron.
Straw Grasping Teabaggers

Providence, UT

#177334 Sep 4, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn
....Your natural position. Mouth open.
Straw Grasping Teabaggers

Providence, UT

#177335 Sep 4, 2014
Gov. Bob McDonald of VA guilty on 11 counts, wife on 8

Another conservative bites the dust. Such christian ethics, as well. Wasn't too long ago, that boy was supposed to be the con's nominee to drive the con clown car. Oops.

Next conservative nutjob..........
EnoughChange

United States

#177336 Sep 4, 2014
Congratulations to the Democrats! You now own it and you can't blame Bush.
The next terrorist attack you own it.
Can't get a job after graduation, you own it.
Sky rocketing energy prices due to Obama's EPA shutting down the energy producing states, you own it.
A nuclear Iran, you own it.
Bowing to Russia, you own it.
Another severe recession, you own it.
A volatile border with Mexico, you own it.
Trouble getting good health care, you own it.
Higher health insurance costs and health care costs, you own it.
No budget, you own it.
Our allies mistrust, you own it.
Another trillion of debt, you own it.
More Benghazi situations, you own it.
No one willing to join the military, you own it.
Trouble getting a loan to buy a home, you own it.
More dependency on food stamps, you
own it.
Trouble finding good employment, you own it.
Several part time jobs instead of a good job, you own it.
A World Government, you own it.
The UN governing the United States instead of ourselves, you own it.
Vote for A DEMONcrat, you own it!
lol

Somerset, KY

#177337 Sep 4, 2014
BRAVO AND WELL SAID ENOUGH CHANGE BRAVO. I could not have said it better.
lol

London, KY

#177338 Sep 4, 2014
That was pure and absolute truth. Every word of it. Truth
Commietator

Charlestown, IN

#177339 Sep 4, 2014
EnoughChange wrote:
Congratulations to the Democrats! You now own it and you can't blame Bush.
The next terrorist attack you own it.
Can't get a job after graduation, you own it.
Sky rocketing energy prices due to Obama's EPA shutting down the energy producing states, you own it.
A nuclear Iran, you own it.
Bowing to Russia, you own it.
Another severe recession, you own it.
A volatile border with Mexico, you own it.
Trouble getting good health care, you own it.
Higher health insurance costs and health care costs, you own it.
No budget, you own it.
Our allies mistrust, you own it.
Another trillion of debt, you own it.
More Benghazi situations, you own it.
No one willing to join the military, you own it.
Trouble getting a loan to buy a home, you own it.
More dependency on food stamps, you
own it.
Trouble finding good employment, you own it.
Several part time jobs instead of a good job, you own it.
A World Government, you own it.
The UN governing the United States instead of ourselves, you own it.
Vote for A DEMONcrat, you own it!
Guns grabbed. You forgot guns grabbed Also you left out fewest Americans killed by terrorist since Carter, 54 months of job growth, highest stock market in history, most oil and LNG produced in 40 years, least oil imported in 30 years, highest profits of American companies in US history. We own these also.
wildcat

Spring Hill, FL

#177340 Sep 4, 2014
Bring it on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min ChromiuMan 166,264
Ray Ray still has his magic 31 min reveal yoursef 17
McKayla Hall 41 min Blondy 11
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 2 hr Kyboy 5,369
Robert E. Lee, The Real Hero!! 2 hr Red_Forman 16
how things had turned a round 3 hr Trump Tantrum 5
Riot In Virginia 3 hr Trump Tantrum 17
Keith Justice for Pike Co. sheriff (Oct '09) 5 hr Plead Guilty 82

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages