'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
142,441 - 142,460 of 151,027 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

From above post ...

This elitist, murderous, and imbecilic ideology needs to be laid in its grave. The world stands on the verge of a new renaissance, based on incredible technological breakthroughs and a mature understanding of the human condition. The United States is the instrument to bring this about. The one element holding us back, the Western left, has under Obama put up their last dollar and watched it be snatched away. The left is bankrupt in every conceivable sense. It’s time to drag them away from the table and out of the game.

Can WE say 'extinct'...???
Commietator

Providence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
June 18, 2014
George W. Bush and Neocons Vindicated
By David Paulin
Former President George W. Bush is remaining mum on the tragedy unfolding in Iraq. But as an army of bloodthirsty Islamists rampages across Iraq with the goal of establishing a 7th century religious tyranny -- a caliphate -- it's worth recalling who years ago had predicted this would happen if the Democrats got their way.
It was President George W. Bush and his top officials.
They warned early on that Iraq was ripe for the rise of an Islamic caliphate -- either in a failed state created by Saddam Hussein or, they later contended, if the U.S.-led coalition bugged out without leaving behind a stable Iraq.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/06/g...
Should America go back and start fighting again in Vietnam? You know we bugged out there also.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, you're angry that the President played a round of Golf and also had Dinner on Fathers day....."The Horror"!!!!!

Poor Huckleberry Graham. He's been in such a frothing panic for so long now that I'm afraid he's going to have a heart attack. The other day he came out of a briefing on Iraq practically rending his garments and screeching,

WeÂ’ve got another Benghazi in the making here! What I heard in there scared the hell out of me!
Here he was just 9 months ago

The trifecta from hell is unfolding in front of us,” Graham said.“Iran is about to get a nuclear weapon. Syria is about to infect the entire region, taking Jordan down, and Egypt could become a failed state.”

And later, as if trying to bolster his feverish portrayal of current events, Graham laid down the bottom line.“I’m just telling you,” he told Fox’s Greta Van Susteren,“we live in the most dangerous times imaginable.”
He added:

Sen. Lindsey Graham said on Saturday that he was going to get Congress to authorize President Barack Obama to use military force to stop Iran's nuclear weapons program "to make sure they get a clear signal that this debacle called Syria doesn't mean we're confused about Iran."
Here he was a month later wringing his hands about Russia:

"I want a world that's not about to blow up! I want Russia to change and if you've got a better idea how to deal with Putin, let me know. He's running all over us, running all over the world," said Graham, pointing back to the 1936 Olympics in Nazi Germany and arguing that the host country uses the event to "sell itself."

A couple of months after that:

Graham told reporters in Goose Creek on Tuesday that taking action against Syria in response to the situation is not a question of yes or no, but rather a question of bad or worse choices.

He says if there is no U.S. response, Iran will not believe AmericaÂ’s resolve to block Iran from developing nuclear weapons. Graham also says those nuclear weapons in the hands of terrorists could result in a bomb coming to Charleston Harbor.
Here he was after Obama's State of the Union address this year:

“The world is literally about to blow up!” Graham said, saying he completely disagrees with Obama on Iran policy.

“The world as I know was not remotely described by the president. Syria is a contagion,” Graham said.

“Explain to me what happens if the Syrian conflict goes on another year and Assad continues to win,” Graham said, referring to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.“Iraq is disintegrating. The whole region is moving toward chaos, and we’re doing nothing. We’re talking about limiting drones?” said Graham, who brought “Duck Dynasty” co-star Korie Robertson to the speech as his guest.
And now today he's babbling about Stalin and Hitler again and talking about an alliance with the great Satan:

A Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee says Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki cannot keep his country together, and a U.S. alliance with Iran might be needed to do so.
South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said Sunday a U.S. partnership with longtime foe Iran makes him uncomfortable but likened it to the United States working with Josef Stalin in World War II against Adolf Hitler. He says the United States has to do what it can to keep Baghdad from falling to insurgents.
Well at least he's not confused.

One silver lining in this whole thing: if the idiotic Bush Doctrine ("yer either with us or yer with thuh terrists!") wasn't dead before it's definitely a goner now. The complex alliances in this latest conflagration are sufficiently complicated that all of the simplistic bombast about "Good 'n Evil" is finally seen for the puerile drivel it always was.

not new
Yawn, Obama puts while Iraq burns.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

republiCONS wrote:
U.S. Special Ops Forces Capture Benghazi Suspect

U.S. Special Operations forces captured one of the suspected ringleaders of the terrorist attacks in Benghazi in a secret raid in Libya over the weekend, the first time one of the accused perpetrators of the 2012 assault has been apprehended, according to U.S. officials.

The officials said Ahmed Abu Khattala was captured near Benghazi by American troops, working alongside the FBI, following months of planning, and was now in U.S. custody “in a secure location outside Libya.” The officials said there were no casualties in the operation, and that all U.S. personnel involved have safely left Libya.

KhattalaÂ’s apprehension is a major victory for the Obama administration, which has been criticized for having failed so far to bring those responsible for the Benghazi attacks to justice.

One jubilant official called Khattala’s capture “a reminder that when the United States says it’s going to hold someone accountable and he will face justice, this is what we mean.”

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/06/us-special-...

They will still cry, piss and moan because Obama didn't get CONgress and fauxbox's blessings. hahaha

Way to go Mr. President. First bin laden and now the Benghazi terrorist. Good job.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Loon sites don't count goober.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>Great posts as always. Jon Stewart killed it last night on these lying, backtracking, flip-flopping, hypocritical CONservaNUTS. I love all the old clips he used from 2003 etc..and the bush one is PRICELESS. haha Check it out.

Jon Stewart Says Obama's Iraq Critics Are 'Dead Wrong About Everything'

Here's a "greatest hits" album you won't find on iTunes anytime soon.

On Monday night's "Daily Show," Jon Stewart played clip after clip of President Barack Obama's toughest critics speaking out about Iraq. These clips were from 2001... 2003... and even last year. As we now know, much of what Americans were told back then was completely wrong.

So Stewart made a special offer:

"You can have all these memorable screw-ups and more. Just call now and order 'Now That's What I Call Being Completely Fckng Wrong About Iraq,'" Stewart said.
These same critics are again popping up on news shows, attacking Obama's Iraq policy. Stewart says the media has gotten the band back together -- so he's found them a lead singer.

Find out who it is in the clip above.

Oh, and if, like us, you can't get enough of Jon Stewart's Lindsey Graham impression, here's more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/17/jon-...

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Yawn , cartoon news. Typical liberals.
Syl

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

republiCONS wrote:
haha, keep trying tn trollboy....RUN LEMMING RUN
follow those loser lemmings over the cliff. hahaha
What Republicans Don’t Want You to Know: 500 + Detainees Were Released from GITMO Under Bush
PolitiFact confirmed that “More than 500 Guantánamo detainees were released or transferred under Bush.”
PolitiFact then got into the weeds of release versus transfer, with a transfer being a situation where there are restrictions (as appears to be the case
with the prisoners transferred in exchange for Bergdahl).
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/06/05/500-de...
Bush, March 2002:'I really just don't spend that much time' on bin Laden
Bush: "Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not. We haven't heard from him in a long time. The idea of focusing on one person really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission. Terror is bigger than one person. He's just a person who's been marginalized.... I don't know where he is. I really just don't spend that much time on him, to be honest with you."
In July 2006, we learned that the Bush administration closed its unit that had been hunting bin Laden.
In September 2006, Bush told Fred Barnes, one of his most sycophantic media allies, that an "emphasis on bin Laden doesn't fit with the administration's strategy for combating terrorism."
Many military and government personnel valiantly served during in Afghanistan and Iraq in the Bush and Obama administrations. Credit is due to all of them, but the credit for this one, for finally bringing bin Laden to justice cannot be attributed to the vigilance of Pres. George W. Bush
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/05/02/9722... #
Real nice breakdown of what kept him so busy not to worry or think about bin laden. haha Oh he did get his family out safely for bin laden though didn't he. haha
Keep lying and denying. It's what you teabagging CONS do best.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
None of them waved goodbye and said "I'll see you in NY.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

Commietator wrote:
<quoted text>Damn I missed that on the news. The United Sates of America is at war with the nation of Afghanistan !!!!!!!!!! Holy Crap !!!!!! Did not know that !!!!!!! I knew we were at war with certain terrorist groups in Afghanistan but not the nation itself. When did we declare war on that nation?
You are a complete idiot. The Taliban was the governing body in Afghanistan when we invaded after 9/11.

Try to spin it any way you want. Obama released 5 enemy combatants. Illegally too I might add.
GOTP

Woburn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

Fed Up Again wrote:
<quoted text>
GOTP Spews:
Like I said, you're angry that the President played a round of Golf and also had Dinner on Fathers day....."The Horror"!!!!!
Actually, I am angry that a group of dumbwits elected someone who only knows how to play golf..........America is falling
Oh cool. What would you say about the dimwits that elected Bush? C~L~E~A~R~L~Y Bush knew nothing more than how to clear brush for Months on end!!!!
Not only that, he bought the place in Crawford purley for that purpose, to vacation away from the WH.
GOTP

Woburn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

Cornelius Scudmister wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for one they are unlawful combatants not enemy combatants. The term "enemy combatant" started being used incorrectly by the Bush administration to justify their illegal detention and torture of SUSPECTED Al Qaeda and Taliban members.
Actually the term refers to enemy solders from a country or state with whom we are at war.
Since NONE of these people are solders from a country we are currently at war with, they are neither "enemy combatants" nor are they covered by the "Geneva Convention" .
In answer to your question, I want the government to have to prove the crimes ANY people are accused of before killing or imprisoning them in my name.
You would think even Republicans would want this as it is the basis for our founding Constitutional Justice system.

But they don't cause they only have one goal, blame the President for anything and everything they can fabricate to hold against him.

AND EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS BY NOW!
GOTP

Woburn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
JUNE 17, 2014 12:00 AM
A Bitter Aftertaste
The tragedy of Iraq should put end to the notion of “nation-building.”
By Thomas Sowell
Those who are ready to blame President George W. Bush for everything bad that has happened since he left office should at least acknowledge that he was a patriotic American president who did what he did for the good of the country -- an assumption that we can no longer safely make about the current occupant of the White House.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/380527/...
Oh my, really? Was Iraq "good for the country"?
IS unilateral spying on Americans "good for the country"?
Was torturing prisoners "good for the country"?
Was indefinate detention "good for the country"?
Was forgetting about Osama Bin LAden "good for the country"?
Was 9/11 "good for the country"?
The great recession?

"he was a patriotic American president who did what he did for the good of the country -- an assumption that we can no longer safely make about the current occupant of the White House."

Just pure nonsense!!!
GOTP

Woburn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
June 18, 2014
George W. Bush and Neocons Vindicated
By David Paulin
Former President George W. Bush is remaining mum on the tragedy unfolding in Iraq. But as an army of bloodthirsty Islamists rampages across Iraq with the goal of establishing a 7th century religious tyranny -- a caliphate -- it's worth recalling who years ago had predicted this would happen if the Democrats got their way.
It was President George W. Bush and his top officials.
They warned early on that Iraq was ripe for the rise of an Islamic caliphate -- either in a failed state created by Saddam Hussein or, they later contended, if the U.S.-led coalition bugged out without leaving behind a stable Iraq.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/06/g...
Osama Bin Laden's goal was to bring the US into a ground war in the middle east so that he could deplete us of our blood and treasure just like he did with Russia.

Georgie Boy DID EXACTLY THAT!!!!!!!!!!

This is such utter nonsense you'd have to be braindead to actually agree with it!!

Bush warned us, what bad f-ing joke, it's as if we're not supposed to actually rememebr his term and what he did!!!

Sorry we do, and no amount of re-writing history is going to make Georgie boy look good!!!

Did you miss the post I put down yesterday telling you exaclty how the American people know it was George Bush's fault??
GOTP

Woburn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
From above post ...
This elitist, murderous, and imbecilic ideology needs to be laid in its grave. The world stands on the verge of a new renaissance, based on incredible technological breakthroughs and a mature understanding of the human condition. The United States is the instrument to bring this about. The one element holding us back, the Western left, has under Obama put up their last dollar and watched it be snatched away. The left is bankrupt in every conceivable sense. It’s time to drag them away from the table and out of the game.
Can WE say 'extinct'...???
For that you'd have to actually win elections and guess what dear, that's not happening.
23% frothing at the mouth teahadists isn't ever going to do it.
GOTP

Woburn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

Uh oh, finish this sentence...

Cantor and Boehner are Liberal scum, Glenn Beck is...?

"
Speaking on his radio show on Tuesday, conservative commentator Glenn Beck delivered a rare admission, saying that the latest disorder in Iraq is yet more proof that liberals who opposed the invasion in 2003 were right all along.

“[Liberals] said we couldn’t force freedom on people,” Beck, who initially supported the Iraq War, reminded his listeners.“Let me lead with my mistakes. You were right. Liberals, you were right; we shouldn’t have.”

Beck went on to note that “most people on the left” thought waging war on Iraq was a bad idea “[f]rom the beginning.”

Along with praising liberals for their foresight, Beck also tried to explain his prior support for the war, describing it as stemming from his belief at the time that everyone wants to be free.

“In spite of the things I felt at the time when we went into war, liberals said,‘We shouldn’t get involved, we shouldn’t nation-build and there was no indication the people of Iraq had the will to be free,’” Beck explained.

“I thought that was insulting at the time,” he added.“Everybody wants to be free.”

But Beck says he’s since reconsidered and has determined that the chaos that’s riven Iraq for the past 10-plus years is proof that the left was correct.“You cannot force democracy on the Iraqis or anybody else,” Beck claimed.“It doesn’t work. They don’t understand it or even really want it.”

Although many on the left might quibble with Beck’s takeaway — that Iraq didn’t become a liberal democracy because the Iraqi people “don’t understand” or “even really want” freedom — they’re likely pleasantly surprised to see Beck giving them credit.

Perhaps progressivism isn’t quite as fatal as the former Fox News host used to think?

You have to know, when Cantor and Boehner AND BECK become "Liberal Scum", that YOU have no idea what Liberal is!!!
Guernsey

Gloucester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

Sounds like someone is desperate and having a ruff ruff day.
Gettin hot, truth hittin hard, life a little rough?
Talk about frothing at the mouth, that's you caw caw caw.
The hounds are tracking.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
You would think even Republicans would want this as it is the basis for our founding Constitutional Justice system.
But they don't cause they only have one goal, blame the President for anything and everything they can fabricate to hold against him.
AND EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS BY NOW!
Kinda like you Libtards and Obama blaming Bush for everything?
GOTP

Woburn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

The hubris is astonishing!!!

"A war criminal and his daughter:

"Rarely has a U.S. president been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many." ---Liz and Dick Cheney

That's Obama they're talking about. Seriously"

And

Killing Osama Bin Laden is a bad thing.
Bringing the last remaining POW home is a bad thing.
Cliven Bundy is a good and just land owner and not a racist welfare rancher.
Bundy white supremicists supporters are "patriots".
Capturing the mastermind of the Benghazi attack is a bad thing.
Eric Cantor is a Liberal.
John Boehner is a Liberal.
Glenn Beck is a Liberal.
W and the Neocons are "vindicated" on Iraq.
Torture is OK.
Secret surveillance of all Americans is a good thing.
Indefinate detention is an American value.
Fox/Drudge and World Nut Daily are genuine news outlets.

On planet Teahadists it is.
GOTP

Woburn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

Guernsey wrote:
Sounds like someone is desperate and having a ruff ruff day.
Gettin hot, truth hittin hard, life a little rough?
Talk about frothing at the mouth, that's you caw caw caw.
The hounds are tracking.
See post 166977, I think we know already who is desperate!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

Did you HEAR Brit Hume
SAY
'I THINK WE'RE LOOKING AT A FAILED PRESIDENCY'

)8~D>

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/06...
~-~
GOTP

Woburn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
Did you HEAR Brit Hume
SAY
'I THINK WE'RE LOOKING AT A FAILED PRESIDENCY'
)8~D>
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/06...
~-~
You just keep wishing that were true in the reality based world sweetie, it's cute. Maybe, click your heels together 3 times and say there's no place like planet willfully ignorant dumbass!!
GOTP

Woburn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

And just keep trying to re-write history and we'll keep showing you the truth!!!

"With the crisis in Iraq intensifying, conservative media outlets have searched for a fall guy and found one: President Barack Obama. In recent days, conservative websites have peddled the claim that it was Obama who freed the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), the Al Qaeda-inspired Islamic militant group currently overrunning cities in northern Iraq and threatening Baghdad. Referring to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who heads ISIS, the Daily Mail asserts, "Obama SET FREE the merciless terrorist warlord now leading the ISIS horde blazing a trail of destruction through Iraq." Right-wing author David Horowitz's FrontPage Magazine claims Baghdadi, who was once held by US forces in Iraq, was released "on Obama's watch." And RedState.com says Baghdadi was let go under the Obama administration's "policy of releasing terrorists." But they have it wrong: It was an agreement signed by President George W. Bush in 2008 that led to Baghdadi's release in 2009.

In 2005, US military forces captured Baghdadi.(There are not many public details about his capture or his role then in the ongoing insurgency.) He was held in a US-run detention camp in southern Iraq called Camp Bucca, where he remained for several years.

In 2008, while reducing the numbers of US troops in the country, Bush signed an agreement with the Iraqi government that mandated that all detainees be handed over to Iraqi forces. In accordance with this agreement, Baghdadi was transferred to Iraqi custody in 2009, and by 2010, the Iraqi government (for a reason not explained publicly) had set him free."

It's not as if Bush could have prevented Baghdadi's release by maintaining control over detainees—in part because his administration had so screwed up on this front.(See Abu Ghraib.) At the time, "the United States' detainee programs had become a black eye," says Patrick Johnston, an expert on Iraqi insurgent groups at the RAND Corporation. US-run detention facilities were overcrowded; some prisoners were tortured. Continuing a large US-controlled detainee program "was a political nonstarter," he adds.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/wor...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min LMS 1,062
Does Dr maggard accept coventry cares? 1 hr First time mommy 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr yourmommm 1,048
Is there a vape shop around Pikeville 2 hr Kitty 16
pikeville attorneys 2 hr greasybabe 10
Is Fuzztown for real or what??? 2 hr greasybabe 2
Johns Creek becoming a high school? 2 hr Wondering 22
•••
•••
•••