'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 280383 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#132125 Oct 29, 2013
A huge victory for GOP’s “whites-only” coalition
Immigration reform's failure didn't just sink Rubio's political ambitions, it sank the idea of a multicultural GOP

Now and again, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., must ask himself whether the GOP’s promiscuous flirtation with comprehensive immigration reform was part of an elaborate plan to trick him into sabotaging his own chances of winning the GOP presidential nomination in 2016.

After last year’s election, top GOP leaders including the speaker of the House and the chairman of the Republican National Committee were crystal clear that the party’s big adjustment would be to broaden its appeal to Latino voters by embracing immigration reform. Rubio took them at their word, and as part of an implicit quid pro quo offered to make himself the face of the party’s new commitment. He would lend the effort his ethnic heritage and conservative bona fides. In return, they wouldn’t hang him out to dry. He’d help them neutralize immigration reform as a flashpoint issue on the right, they’d give him a legacy issue lasting enough to carry him to the presidency.

That oversimplifies things a bit, but it underscores the fact that Rubio’s incentives were shaped in part by a belief that the party’s interest in the project wasn’t fleeting or feigned.
But shortly after Rubio helped marshal a comprehensive, bipartisan bill through the Senate, John Boehner effectively handed the entire House agenda to the Tea Party, and in so doing torpedoed the reform consensus, including the Senate’s legislation, altogether.

Suddenly Rubio’s reputation as a redemptive leader was overtaken by something much less flattering — a turncoat who tried to swindle the GOP into supporting amnesty for self-interested reasons. The damage to Rubio’s standing on the right was so severe, you’d think Boehner was working in cahoots with Ted Cruz to neuter the Texas senator’s competition, except — well, we know that’s not true.

The irony is that Boehner remains the only person in all of Washington with both the power and the desire to clean up his own mess. He still says immigration reform is a key Republican priority. And if he put Rubio’s bill, or another, similar bill, on the House floor it would probably pass with the help of overwhelming Democratic support.

CONtinued:

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
OZombies

Van Nuys, CA

#132126 Oct 29, 2013
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/10/dr-be...

DR. BEN CARSON DOUBLES -DOWN- "OBAMACARE WORST THING SINCE SLAVERY"
Video- Posted by Jim Hoft on Saturday October 19, 2013, 3:46 PM
Dr. Carson left (Roland) Martin speechless.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#132127 Oct 29, 2013
CONtinued:

But Boehner’s overcommitted himself. He can’t do that without violating his commitment to block any immigration bills that don’t enjoy the support of a majority of House Republicans. So Rubio’s best-laid plans are dead. This weekend, in a testament to his passage through the stages of grief, he threw his support to House GOP leaders, who want to pass piecemeal immigration bills, then limit any House-Senate negotiations to the terms of those bills. That means no pathway to citizenship, and it probably means no reforms of any kind.
Rubio, of course, blames all of this on President Obama.

My colleague Joan Walsh has written more on Rubio’s decision vis-à-vis Rubio’s own ambitions and his ongoing effort to rehabilitate his reputation on the right.

I want to explore what his latest move means for Boehner and the party at large.

Any time momentum is building for anything in the House, it’s worth asking if it’s pointed anywhere other than the abyss of Republican incompetence.

Can Boehner pass more than one or two draconian, enforcement-oriented immigration bills without help from Democrats? Will Democrats help him pass less controversial piecemeal bills if Republicans are truly foreclosing on comprehensive reform?
Now that immigration reform is in Boehner’s hands, it’s easy to imagine him and his conference flubbing even the modest task of passing a conservative position. Does Boehner really want the GOP’s answer to the Senate’s bill, including its pathway to citizenship, to be a narrow plan to militarize the border? Can he he even get that through the House? What affirmative steps can he take to distinguish the party’s position on immigration from Mitt Romney’s call for incentivizing immigrants to self-deport?

If Boehner can’t make any progress on his own, conservative reform advocates will have one last opportunity to press him to partner with Democrats, even if it means abandoning the Hastert rule yet again.

But this is a highly optimistic scenario. The conservative reformers I spoke with on Monday don’t think that’s what’s happening. At this point, they see it as a question of whether Democrats will sign on to help Republicans pass something truly marginal or whether nothing will pass at all.

The result in either case will be the consequence of Boehner’s decision to let conservative hard-liners kill comprehensive reform. Some of these members are motivated more by spite than by the sum of their concern for the national welfare, the interests of their constituents, and their own partisan allegiances. Others oppose reform more earnestly. But together they comprise a faction that’s pulling the Republican Party in a whites-only direction. Rubio’s latest move suggests they’ve won the tug of war.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/29/rubios_immigr...

GOP owns racism.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#132128 Oct 29, 2013
Big Government? The Government Is Smaller Than It Was 47 Years Ago

Big government? Bloated government? Out of control government that must be reigned in? According to the New York Times the recent jobs report shows that, even while the U.S. population has increased greatly in the past 47 years, the size of government today is smaller than it has been since 1966. The report includes not just the federal government, but state and local government as well.
“Big government” is less than half the size today, than it was 47 years ago.

In August of 1966 the U.S. government employed 2,721,000 people. The newest jobs report, released in early September of this year, shows that our ’big government’ now employs 2,723,000 people. That is just 2,000 more jobs in government today than we had 47 years ago.

A big government is the only entity that is strong enough to take on the kind of massive corruption we see in the private sector. From Wall Street and too big to fail banks to the fossil fuel industry and abusive employers like Walmart, without government there’s nothing standing in the way of these very big, very rich members of the private sector.

If big government is destroyed, there will be no-one to sue when bankers illegally foreclose on your home. Heck, there’ll be no place to sue, since the Justice system itself is a part of the government. There’ll no-one to regulate, inspect, enforce or protect the average citizen from a wide range of evils, from contaminated food to environmental destruction.

When the private sector is bigger than the government, that’s called a Fascist state. Make no mistake that is what the republicans and the Tea Partiers are going for. Either we strengthen government now, or we hand over control of the country to the private sector. Lest we forget, it’s the people behind the effort to slash government are those same members of the private sector that caused the 2008 economic collapse.

They’re the same members of the private sector that illegally repossessed millions of homes prior to 2008. They’re the same guys that consistently fight to eliminate the rights of working people.

They’re same people that dump millions of gallons of oil into our lakes, rivers and oceans and never want to pay to clean up their mess. They’re the same members of the private sector that are regularly brought up on charges of corruption, by who? Oh yeah, by the big government.

Read more:
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/10/28/big-g...

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#132129 Oct 29, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
What rules and regulations, exactly? You're saying that one of the highest grossing industries in the country can't modify policies to meet government requirements? Health insurance is a racket, has been for decades, and now that some regulations are being placed on them, the greedy SOB's are screeching like howler monkeys. They scam us out of billions each year, but they can't afford to maintain existing policies? Horse apples.
Your boy gutless says the insurance companies love the ACA, but you're saying they don't? You guys should get your stories straight. Check in with Beck and Hannity...they'll tell you what you're supposed to think.
And the governments racket will be much better for us? O-tay!
None of them had a clue what was in this bill/law but they forced it on us anyway. Now that the dems are finding out that Obamacare is a no-go and will hurt the middle class and young people more than anyone..their attitude is just "Oh well. They will get over it. Talk about Bush or Reagan or something else"

I thought you were running away for the night since your butt buddy Mitch-loving bitch repugnantCON was leaving. Be careful old OLD crow, you won't have anybody to tell you that you are right and you go girl. You can't even hold your own when you have 3 or 4 butt buddies backing you up. Your support system is gone. Better run and hide! lol
OZombies

Los Angeles, CA

#132130 Oct 29, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
All these people, many liberal talking heads are in agreement that Obozocare is going to cost more for millions of Americans. Any time they tell you something is "better" it costs more. Anybody over 12 should know that - except for dimwit democrats!
As I say Jay, even Democrats can't defend this one.
So many doctors don't want to hear Obamacare.

If you have chance please see Dr. Carson's video interview he had with Roland Martin, very interesting.
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#132131 Oct 29, 2013
RepugnantCON Mitch-loving-bitch...you ain't gone yet? Go rub your old wrinkled ass down with BenGay, put your teeth in the glass by your bed and STFU with your copy and paste crap. Have you ever had one thought of your own? Ever?
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#132132 Oct 29, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey RC Co-Cola! That definition fits them to a "T"!
I'm out too, as soon as I read your articles. I'll catch up tomorrow on all the spinning and backpedaling they'll do, now that the gutless wonder has outed the dumchit.
Dream sweet, and I'll see you tomorrow.
It does to a "T". Hope you have a good day tomorrow. I am off to my comfy bed to watch Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert make fun of fauxbox and teabagging repukes. I am sure GRANDrand will be one of them.

Have a good night and pleasant dreams. I hope to see you here tomorrow. I will leave them to their smooching ass love fest. haha

Goodnight.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

stomp away loser lemmings
OZombies

Los Angeles, CA

#132134 Oct 29, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
What rules and regulations, exactly? You're saying that one of the highest grossing industries in the country can't modify policies to meet government requirements? Health insurance is a racket, has been for decades, and now that some regulations are being placed on them, the greedy SOB's are screeching like howler monkeys. They scam us out of billions each year, but they can't afford to maintain existing policies? Horse apples.
Your boy gutless says the insurance companies love the ACA, but you're saying they don't? You guys should get your stories straight. Check in with Beck and Hannity...they'll tell you what you're supposed to think.
What, you love Obamacare but you don't know why? Obama is going to chose which insurance company is going and which one is staying.
Why do you think we have so many regulations?
What happened to free America? Do you like your government to make choices for you?
"FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORMING AMERICA"
is done trough healthcare ...C~O~N~T~R~O~L...!!

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#132135 Oct 29, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
And the governments racket will be much better for us? O-tay!
None of them had a clue what was in this bill/law but they forced it on us anyway. Now that the dems are finding out that Obamacare is a no-go and will hurt the middle class and young people more than anyone..their attitude is just "Oh well. They will get over it. Talk about Bush or Reagan or something else"
I thought you were running away for the night since your butt buddy Mitch-loving bitch repugnantCON was leaving. Be careful old OLD crow, you won't have anybody to tell you that you are right and you go girl. You can't even hold your own when you have 3 or 4 butt buddies backing you up. Your support system is gone. Better run and hide! lol
You're the runner, gutless, not me. So...other than outing the dumchit, what facts? Go ahead and cite the sources for your "facts", and once again I'll show you up as the cowardly liar you are.

Tick tock, Jethro.

#132136 Oct 29, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
What, you love Obamacare but you don't know why? Obama is going to chose which insurance company is going and which one is staying.
Why do you think we have so many regulations?
What happened to free America? Do you like your government to make choices for you?
"FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORMING AMERICA"
is done trough healthcare ...C~O~N~T~R~O~L...!!
I've stated why I support the ACA many times. What you need to post is exactly what rules and regulations you're talking about that prevent a multi-billion dollar industry from maintaining existing policies for their customers. Are you going to prove what you posted?
Vern

Switzerland

#132137 Oct 29, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
It does to a "T". Hope you have a good day tomorrow. I am off to my comfy bed to watch Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert make fun of fauxbox and teabagging repukes. I am sure GRANDrand will be one of them.
Have a good night and pleasant dreams. I hope to see you here tomorrow. I will leave them to their smooching ass love fest. haha
Goodnight.
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
stomp away loser lemmings
goodnight remember when you wake and I mean really wake up some morning the bill will be due. obama has invented political lies. Lies that say he knew aca would be a bummer. Comfy bed wont makeup for your unpleasant nightmare coming and soon. Ta ta smooching assa nine loser.
Vern

Switzerland

#132139 Oct 29, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the runner, gutless, not me. So...other than outing the dumchit, what facts? Go ahead and cite the sources for your "facts", and once again I'll show you up as the cowardly liar you are.
Tick tock, Jethro.
do you live under a rock. Tic toc dumchit Obama knows the ACA is a lie. the man knows why don't you? pay attention dumchit. It is unraveling, up in flames. You are the loser.
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#132140 Oct 29, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Tick tock, Jethro.
I don't have to cite anything and I don't have to school your dumb ass. If you can't debate then do what you do best...run. Prove that my facts are wrong. If you can't then STFU dumb ass. It's simple as that old OLD crow. You talk shit, run and hide, then say that the facts aren't true and you want proof to back up your accusation. Well, dumb ass, research the issue just like I did. Then you will have your proof that I am right. What's so hard to understand about that concept?

If you are too lazy or too dumb to research the issues we are discussing then don't. I couldn't care less. Either way you come out looking like an imbecile. Nothing new there, right? lol

Go brush your tooth and go to bed old OLD crow.
Jay

Springville, TN

#132142 Oct 29, 2013
OZombies wrote:
http://www.thegatewaypundit.co m/2013/10/dr-ben-carson-double s-down-obamacare-worst-thing-s ince-slavery-video/
DR. BEN CARSON DOUBLES -DOWN- "OBAMACARE WORST THING SINCE SLAVERY"
Video- Posted by Jim Hoft on Saturday October 19, 2013, 3:46 PM
Dr. Carson left (Roland) Martin speechless.

Dr. Carson, a brilliant mind and a brilliant surgeon!

Don't try to tell them anything Oz. If Obama himself said his Obozocare was a huge mistake and a failure they would tell him he was wrong.

They hunt and peck all day for far left talking BS so they can post this crap every night, and no matter what you post opposing that, or even prove it, either the website is not credible, the author's not credible or the article is a lie or any and all opinions are wrong except of course theirs.

Stupid, gullible liberals! This is why our country is in such a mess - workforce deteriorating, people can't find full time jobs that are secure and lifelong, people applying for aid and food, mom's and babies living in low income housing or Section 8 - deadbeat dad's, or whatever - and the beat goes on!

But this time, the dems will pay for this when these people (voters) use this Obozocare against them.

I will be LMAO!
OZombies

Los Angeles, CA

#132143 Oct 29, 2013
Why so many liberals here, if they can't defend something, the first thing they'll ask for proof, link, how, where, why...how can they know anything when the president they protect and defend doesn't know anything.

When I'm interested in something, I will find it. Do not need help.

Simple question ...
WHY INSURANCE CANCELLATIONS BECAUSE OBAMACARE ...???
and
See what will come up...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#132145 Oct 29, 2013
Politicians Need to Be Honest With Older Voters

MARTIN FROST: Senior citizens generally turn out in higher percentages than other groups in society. They do this for a variety of reasons:(1) they have more time to follow politics because they aren’t working and their children are grown and (2) they have more at stake in terms of federal program benefits than many others.

Because of their higher turnout ratios politicians pay close attention to the views of seniors.

http://blogs.wsj.com/experts/2013/10/29/polit...

9:29 am October 29, 2013
Alan G Phillips, Sr wrote:
PRESIDENTS MUST BE TRUTHFUL. DISHONESTY GROUNDS FOR DENIAL OF OFFICE.

GREAT comment - Too long to post.
OZombies

South El Monte, CA

#132146 Oct 29, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Carson, a brilliant mind and a brilliant surgeon!
Don't try to tell them anything Oz. If Obama himself said his Obozocare was a huge mistake and a failure they would tell him he was wrong.
They hunt and peck all day for far left talking BS so they can post this crap every night, and no matter what you post opposing that, or even prove it, either the website is not credible, the author's not credible or the article is a lie or any and all opinions are wrong except of course theirs.
Stupid, gullible liberals! This is why our country is in such a mess - workforce deteriorating, people can't find full time jobs that are secure and lifelong, people applying for aid and food, mom's and babies living in low income housing or Section 8 - deadbeat dad's, or whatever - and the beat goes on!
But this time, the dems will pay for this when these people (voters) use this Obozocare against them.
I will be LMAO!
I love to listen Dr. Carson talk. Every word has its place. Very intelligent man, brilliant doctor.

Not to long ago I saw movie about him. True story. "Gifted hands" or something like that.

Yes, Obama did everything he could to avoid this disaster of a healthcare even delaying for some till 2015. I wonder why?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#132147 Oct 29, 2013
CRUZ: OBAMA 'ABSOLUTELY ABUSING HIS POWER'
'That's not consistent with our constitutional protections'

Read the full story [http://fusion.net/justice/sto ry/ted-cruz-obama-absolutely-a busing-power-165870]

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/cruz-obama-absolut...

FULL Story

Cruz: Well, I will say that it is an incredible blessing to be the child of an immigrant. To be the child of someone like my father who fled oppression and came here with nothing. And one of the real benefits of that is you appreciate how precious and fragile is the freedom we have here. My father has seen what happens when-

Ramos: And it is a terrible dictatorship in Cuba. But is it fair to compare it with the United States? I mean is President Barack Obama a dictator from your point of view?

Cruz: Well the point he made- look obviously there are enormous differences between President Obama and Fidel Castro.

Ramos:-we have freedom of the press, we have democracy, political parties-

Cruz: Absolutely, but his point was he was focusing on a statement President Obama made at the State of the Union where if he said

if Congress doesn't act to enact his agenda that he will do it anyway on his own. And one of the things I am very concerned about is the explosion of power in the federal government.

We've got the NSA seizing our cell phone records, our emails, and we have seen this president expand presidential power in a way that is contrary to the Constitution.

Ramos: You think President Obama has been abusing his power?

Cruz: I think he has absolutely been abusing his power and when you have a president who says "regardless of whether Congress acts I'm going to force my agenda on the American people," that's wrong, that's not consistent with our constitutional protections.

http://fusion.net/justice/story/ted-cruz-obam...

#132148 Oct 29, 2013
OZombies wrote:
Why so many liberals here, if they can't defend something, the first thing they'll ask for proof, link, how, where, why...how can they know anything when the president they protect and defend doesn't know anything.
When I'm interested in something, I will find it. Do not need help.
Simple question ...
WHY INSURANCE CANCELLATIONS BECAUSE OBAMACARE ...???
and
See what will come up...
So...these rules and regulations that you're yammering about, the ones supposedly responsible for the cancellation of health insurance policies....you don't know what they are? You're right about one thing, it *is* a simple question, but too complicated for you to answer, I guess.

And you say libs can't defend their opinions? You called me clueless, said I was out of my mind, yet you can't back up your own statements?

LOLOL! G'nite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 21 min Trump To Resign 37,353
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 22 min Trump To Resign 5,270
New construction in Coal Run? 39 min Inquisitive 1
Pike County Attorney Howard Keith Hall (Mar '15) 1 hr Rose 82
Golden Corral Owner ? 1 hr Northman66 61
Pike County Injustice Files 1 hr Amy 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 165,739
making this country great again 2 hr Trump To Resign 21
Is Tudors closing? 4 hr Family restaurant... 9

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages