'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 228620 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

“Heaven doesn't want me.”

Since: Jul 13

Hell's afraid I'll take over.

#123978 Sep 19, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
They are grasping at big foot, chemtrails, serb wars, and other irrelevant bs to avoid defending their repulsive parties and the king of socks and all his filth. He is doing the same thing on that site him and the loon troll bashing the President. He is just as disgusting over there as he is here. Typical CON tactic. He must have topix and authorities spinning trying to track all his devices and proxies. I was reading the bs they sling over there since that rabid female dog was calling me nutter, here pet name for someone registered there who smacks her around. Geeze, I would lose all faith in humanity if I trolled those sites like they do. They are so foul, worse than here on that one site. I seen the loon's name on the list. They must live in a dark place not to have anything better to do than slander people, bash our President and condemn our country. It is disgusting. I can barely handle their shit here. But I am not going anywhere, been here back in the beginning pitching Conway, then Obama, and now I will expose them every chance I get and do my best to see we DITCH MITCH.
Hope you enjoyed the beautiful day. Rain coming in tomorrow. We need it. Sure feel for those people in Colorado. Good for them that the President will send them help unlike those poor people of Katrina. The CONS will probably fight him like they did for those of Hurricane Sandy.
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
Either that or they'll swear it's a ruse to get their guns.
I did enjoy the day, thanks for asking, and hope you did, too. Spent a couple of hours outside last night just "moon gazing" - it was gorgeous, and very peaceful. I'm with you on the rain...we could use it here, too.

I see the icons have been stomped while I was on the phone...lol!

#123980 Sep 19, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Tens of thousands in donations pour in for homeless man who returned backpack with $42K
Honesty really paid off for a homeless man in Boston who turned in a backpack worth nearly $42,000 earlier this week.
Since his good deed, an online fundraiser had raised more than $73,000 for Glen James by Wednesday afternoon, and brought in offers from strangers who want to help the Good Samaritan by donating computers and offering health care services to him.
"I like to make people happy. That's what makes me happy," said Ethan Whittington, 27, of Midlothian, Va., who started the effort for James.
Whittington has never met James, but felt compelled to start a fundraising campaign for him after reading about him in the news.
Whittington, an accounts manager for a marketing firm, set up the fundraiser on the online donation site GoFundMe on Tuesday expecting "maybe a couple hundred bucks over the next couple of weeks," but set his goal at $50,000.
"I figured he found [about]$41,000, let's give him $50,000," he said. "I didn't expect what we've received. I'm ecstatic about it."
James found the bag, which contained $2,400 in cash and $39,500 in travelers checks, in front of a TJ Maxx store in Boston's Dorchester neighborhood on Saturday evening.
He flagged down police who were patrolling the area to tell them he had found the cash-laden bag, and gave them his name and the name of the shelter where he lives.
The money was returned a short time later to its owner, who had told staff at a store nearby that he "lost his backpack containing a large sum of money" and his passport, police said. The owner was identified by his People's Republic of China passport.
Boston police held a ceremony honoring James on Monday and presented him with a special citation.
"I just want to thank Mr. James for what he did," said Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis. "It really is a remarkable tribute to him and his honesty."
Whittington said he and James spoke on the phone on Tuesday after the GoFundMe site started catching on.
"It was awesome. To do something for somebody and you don't even know them, and you see pictures of them, you hear great things about them, and then to finally get to talk to them, is great. He was saying thank you, but the biggest thing I was trying to convey to him is he didn't have to thank us, we were thanking him," he said.
Ethan Whittington of Virginia has raised tens of thousands of dollars through his online donation effort.
During their phone call, the two hammered out possible ways the large sum could be transferred to James, something that Whittington said James felt a bit hesitant about.
Some who came to Whittington’s GoFundMe site expressed concern that their donations would reach James, which Whittington said was understandable when making contributions online.
“I have the best of intentions for Mr. James. I want this to positively influence the rest of his life,” he said. He added that he hopes to either give him the money through a bank account or to go deliver it in person.
“I’d like to go up to Boston amd meet him and give the guy a hug,” he said.
In the meantime, as donations continue to pour in on GoFundMe — ranging from five dollars to $500, Whittington said — people have also volunteered to donate other things.
Some have written to Whittington that they want to give James their computers, others that they'd be willing to do free dental work.
"It's unbelievable. It's nothing I ever imagined in my wildest dreams," Whittington said. "The sky's the limit when people come together."
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/18/20...
A feel good story. Bless his heart. I am so glad someone reached out to help him.
Just watch The Daily Show with Bill and Hillary's little girl doing good things in the world and our country fighting heart disease and child obesity.
Love this story!

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#123981 Sep 19, 2013
One more thing.
Don't even judge the overseas posters and obvious impostors.
The lack of attention infuriates them.
Eventually it wont be any fun for them and it will stop.
(My last post about this, please pass it on)
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#123982 Sep 19, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
Either that or they'll swear it's a ruse to get their guns.
I did enjoy the day, thanks for asking, and hope you did, too. Spent a couple of hours outside last night just "moon gazing" - it was gorgeous, and very peaceful. I'm with you on the rain...we could use it here, too.
I see the icons have been stomped while I was on the phone...lol!
I was just out there gazing at it and talking to my brother. It is beautiful. Great camping weather. That's with an RV I might add. No tents for me. haha I would love to be out on the lake on the pontoon. Maybe this weekend. 3 more days until spring, make that 2 now. haha Jon Stewart had Hugh Jackman on his show last night talking about Australians turning in their guns voluntarily and they discussed how many murders there are in America. I have to post this story I read that so reminds me of the CONS next if you are still here.

More Americans Have Died From Domestic Gunfire Than All Wars In U.S. History – Is That True?
Let’s start with the number: 1,384,171.
1,384,171 people have died in the most devastating war fought by Americans. Which war, you ask? World War I? World War II? The Civil War?

None of the above. This number is from the war being fought on the streets, in the neighborhoods, private homes, schools, and work places of the United States of America. Deaths by gunfire. Domestic gun deaths perpetrated by criminals, the mentally ill; enraged husbands, angry children, and some by unfortunate accident or suicide. And the number only reflects gun death statistics since 1968.

And, stunningly, this number exceeds the number of casualties in all the wars in U.S. history by 212,994. Impossible to believe? It is a claim made and proven:

PBS commentator, Mark Shields, made the claim on December 21, 2012, just a week after the Sandy Hook shootings, and during the PBS NewsHour with Judy Woodruff and Mark Gerson.

The compilations they extrapolated from that research led to the figures for each of the year-increments in the chart below, with 2011 clearly lower because it only reflects FBI figures, with more complete statistics to come …but even with that, the total gun deaths trump wartime dead.:

War deaths were compiled using a comprehensive document prepared by the Congressional Research Service, as well as the website icasualties.org . The war dead statistics were arrived at by combining “all war-related deaths, not just those that occurred in combat,” which makes the fact that these numbers are dwarfed by domestic gun deaths all the more shocking:

Simple arithmetic tells us Mark Shield’s statement is correct: gun deaths in America since only 1968 exceed the casualty totals of all U.S. wars by 212,994 deaths.

These numbers put the urgency of more effective and better implemented gun control into high relief. They also remind us that the most devastating war being fought by Americans is the one happening right on our own doorsteps, serviced by very weapons too many have aggrandized above the safety of our own citizens. Simply put, that needs to change.
Read more:
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/01/20/more-...

And that was in January. Pretty sad huh?

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#123983 Sep 19, 2013
Had to have been a church full of republiCONS. I love that Pastor.

Church Members Mistreat Homeless Man in Church Unaware It Is Their Pastor in Disguise

Pastor Jeremiah Steepek transformed himself into a homeless person and went to the 10,000 member church that he was to be introduced as the head pastor at that morning.

He walked around his soon to be church for 30 minutes while it was filling with people for service, only 3 people out of the 7-10,000 people said hello to him.

He asked people for change to buy food – no one in the church gave him change.

He went into the sanctuary to sit down in the front of the church and was asked by the ushers if he would please sit in the back.

He greeted people to be greeted back with stares and dirty looks, with people looking down on him and judging him.

As he sat in the back of the church, he listened to the church announcements and such.

When all that was done, the elders went up and were excited to introduce the new pastor of the church to the congregation.

“We would like to introduce to you Pastor Jeremiah Steepek.” The congregation looked around clapping with joy and anticipation.

The homeless man sitting in the back stood up and started walking down the aisle. The clapping stopped with all eyes on him.

He walked up the altar and took the microphone from the elders (who were in on this) and paused for a moment then he recited,

“Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

‘The King will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

After he recited this, he looked towards the congregation and told them all what he had experienced that morning. Many began to cry and many heads were bowed in shame.

He then said,“Today I see a gathering of people, not a church of Jesus Christ. The world has enough people, but not enough disciples. When will YOU decide to become disciples?”

He then dismissed service until next week.
Following in the footsteps of Jesus Christ should be more than just talk. It ought to be a lifestyle that others around you can love about you and share in.

http://ireporterstv.co/church-members-mistrea...

Jesus will probably do something similar. This is so like the repukes, not even in church will they put a hand out to help someone else. Pretty sad. I would of loved to see their expression when he was revealed. Awesome story.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

#123984 Sep 19, 2013
See, Newport? This is why we say our mods ROCK!(Even though they deleted one of mine...ahem ;) It's just as well, my German's pretty rusty and I think I missed a conjugation or two.)

#123985 Sep 19, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just out there gazing at it and talking to my brother. It is beautiful. Great camping weather. That's with an RV I might add. No tents for me. haha I would love to be out on the lake on the pontoon. Maybe this weekend. 3 more days until spring, make that 2 now. haha Jon Stewart had Hugh Jackman on his show last night talking about Australians turning in their guns voluntarily and they discussed how many murders there are in America. I have to post this story I read that so reminds me of the CONS next if you are still here.
More Americans Have Died From Domestic Gunfire Than All Wars In U.S. History – Is That True?
Let’s start with the number: 1,384,171.
1,384,171 people have died in the most devastating war fought by Americans. Which war, you ask? World War I? World War II? The Civil War?
None of the above. This number is from the war being fought on the streets, in the neighborhoods, private homes, schools, and work places of the United States of America. Deaths by gunfire. Domestic gun deaths perpetrated by criminals, the mentally ill; enraged husbands, angry children, and some by unfortunate accident or suicide. And the number only reflects gun death statistics since 1968.
And, stunningly, this number exceeds the number of casualties in all the wars in U.S. history by 212,994. Impossible to believe? It is a claim made and proven:
PBS commentator, Mark Shields, made the claim on December 21, 2012, just a week after the Sandy Hook shootings, and during the PBS NewsHour with Judy Woodruff and Mark Gerson.
The compilations they extrapolated from that research led to the figures for each of the year-increments in the chart below, with 2011 clearly lower because it only reflects FBI figures, with more complete statistics to come …but even with that, the total gun deaths trump wartime dead.:
War deaths were compiled using a comprehensive document prepared by the Congressional Research Service, as well as the website icasualties.org . The war dead statistics were arrived at by combining “all war-related deaths, not just those that occurred in combat,” which makes the fact that these numbers are dwarfed by domestic gun deaths all the more shocking:
Simple arithmetic tells us Mark Shield’s statement is correct: gun deaths in America since only 1968 exceed the casualty totals of all U.S. wars by 212,994 deaths.
These numbers put the urgency of more effective and better implemented gun control into high relief. They also remind us that the most devastating war being fought by Americans is the one happening right on our own doorsteps, serviced by very weapons too many have aggrandized above the safety of our own citizens. Simply put, that needs to change.
Read more:
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/01/20/more-...
And that was in January. Pretty sad huh?
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
It's heartbreaking, RC. I don't understand why in the samhill a background check is such a big deal for them. Now I'll admit I've seen a few assault rifles that caught my eye, but what in the world do I need one for, or anybody else who's non-military, for that matter?
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#123986 Sep 19, 2013
1 post removed
1 post removed
2 posts removed
4 posts removed
1 post removed
5 posts removed
1 post removed

buh, bye poser
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#123987 Sep 19, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's heartbreaking, RC. I don't understand why in the samhill a background check is such a big deal for them. Now I'll admit I've seen a few assault rifles that caught my eye, but what in the world do I need one for, or anybody else who's non-military, for that matter?
It is. Too many children killing children accidently because of careless owners too. I am not for gun grabs and we all know that isn't going to ever happen, but backgrounfd checks and ban like their PRINCE REAGAN did on assault weapons is a must. Soldier and law enforcement (SWAT) should have assault weapons. They have lost their minds over it. I guess because those screaming the loudest and spreading lies are fearful they wouldn't pass the CRAZY check. hahaha

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#123988 Sep 19, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
See, Newport? This is why we say our mods ROCK!(Even though they deleted one of mine...ahem ;) It's just as well, my German's pretty rusty and I think I missed a conjugation or two.)
Cool!
Way to go mods!
Now if only they would start banning the culprits.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#123989 Sep 19, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
HAHA, I looked up a phrase or two myself but decided not to post them. That sock does the same on the president bashing site. It even tries that link posting to hack them and said so, even named one of the posters and her address. They are way worse over on that site. I like to see the libs slam them. They are outnumbered on that site. Most all those US Politic sites are mostly registered posters who have been doing it awhile and then there are the 2 acting like many socks...guess who. They even take my terms from here over there. Like CONS. hahaha

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

#123990 Sep 19, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Had to have been a church full of republiCONS. I love that Pastor.
Church Members Mistreat Homeless Man in Church Unaware It Is Their Pastor in Disguise
Pastor Jeremiah Steepek transformed himself into a homeless person and went to the 10,000 member church that he was to be introduced as the head pastor at that morning.
He walked around his soon to be church for 30 minutes while it was filling with people for service, only 3 people out of the 7-10,000 people said hello to him.
He asked people for change to buy food – no one in the church gave him change.
He went into the sanctuary to sit down in the front of the church and was asked by the ushers if he would please sit in the back.
He greeted people to be greeted back with stares and dirty looks, with people looking down on him and judging him.
As he sat in the back of the church, he listened to the church announcements and such.
When all that was done, the elders went up and were excited to introduce the new pastor of the church to the congregation.
“We would like to introduce to you Pastor Jeremiah Steepek.” The congregation looked around clapping with joy and anticipation.
The homeless man sitting in the back stood up and started walking down the aisle. The clapping stopped with all eyes on him.
He walked up the altar and took the microphone from the elders (who were in on this) and paused for a moment then he recited,
“Then the King will say to those on his right,‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
“Then the righteous will answer him,‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
‘The King will reply,‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
After he recited this, he looked towards the congregation and told them all what he had experienced that morning. Many began to cry and many heads were bowed in shame.
He then said,“Today I see a gathering of people, not a church of Jesus Christ. The world has enough people, but not enough disciples. When will YOU decide to become disciples?”
He then dismissed service until next week.
Following in the footsteps of Jesus Christ should be more than just talk. It ought to be a lifestyle that others around you can love about you and share in.
http://ireporterstv.co/church-members-mistrea...
Jesus will probably do something similar. This is so like the repukes, not even in church will they put a hand out to help someone else. Pretty sad. I would of loved to see their expression when he was revealed. Awesome story.
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
This gave me goosebumps, RC. A friend's church in Memphis did something similar before Christmas - this young couple with a baby, dressed shabbily, a little smelly, came in and sat down in the back one Sunday. Folks in her church were kind to them, though. Each week, they moved a little closer to the front. Some people kind of shied away, but most just smiled and moved over for them. Anyway, on the night of the Christmas program, they walked in slowly, taking off their coats as they went, and took their places as Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus in the nativity scene. My friend cried when she told me about it, and she was so proud of the folks in her church for making them welcome.(It's a Unitarian church, btw.)
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#123991 Sep 19, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool!
Way to go mods!
Now if only they would start banning the culprits.
I don't think they can keep up with his devices and many ips/proxies. I have said I won't register,(don't want that freak messaging me like he did ILIH), only comment on this site except for the time I posted on that bashing president site because the loon was calling me Irish Rose who slams her bad over there. If I did post there I would use the same screen name and style of writing, mostly articles and of course DITCH MITCH.

I do stay on this one since I started early on it during that debate, through Obama's election and probably through out until Mitch gets Ditched or even HILLARY gets elected. hahaha

Good advice by the way. Thank you.

Have a good night.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH
Jay

Springville, TN

#123992 Sep 19, 2013
I really hate long posts, but this one is well......we'll see...in October.

Million Truckers To Protest Obama By Shutting America Down
September 19, 2013 by Breaking News

One week after nearly a million patriotic bikers converged on Washington, D.C. for the 12th anniversary of 9/11, a large group of truckers has announced its plans to halt commerce across the nation for next month. The strike is planned as a response to D.C.“corruption that is destroying America,” according to the movement’s Facebook page.

Organizers say that truckers taking part in the strike will not haul freight for three days, beginning Oct. 11. A social media campaign launched earlier this week has already garnered tens of thousands of supporters.

The event is set to include a convoy to the nation’s capital, and early feedback shows that many drivers are eager to join the movement.

Photos of trucks and drivers planning to take part in the event are consistently being posted to the Facebook page,“Truckers to Shut Down America,” and many who cannot join are pledging to keep their rigs parked during the strike.

If successful, the strike could result in significant gridlock — both on the streets of Washington, D.C. and between points of delivery throughout the nation.

According to the movement’s social media administrators, the three-day strike hopes to accomplish three specific goals. In addition to interrupting truck deliveries and engaging in the trucker convoy, organizers hope to elicit support from the general population.

Calling for a general strike among American citizens of all stripes, the final objective is “No shopping. No paying bills. No using money for three days.”

Unquestionably a lofty goal, a large number of Facebook users seem inclined to take part.

“Thank you Truckers for speaking for all of us,” wrote one supporter.

Many contend that any initial sting from missed deliveries is a small price to pay if the federal government actually hears the message.

“I can survive just fine for 30 days or however long it takes to restock after the shutdown,” another poster stated.

It remains to be seen whether this movement will succeed in opening the eyes of those in Washington or be largely ignored (a la the 9/11 biker rally.) One fact is indisputable, though: millions of Americans — bikers, truckers, and everyone in between — are fed up with the status quo in the federal government and are prepared to go to great lengths to preserve this great nation for future generations.

Public rallies against our corrupt leaders are becoming a common occurrence, and this planned strike will surely not be the last such outcry. Barack Obama made good on his 2008 campaign promise of bringing change to America. Grassroots outrage among patriotic Americans is the first step toward finally changing the nation back.

Photo credit: jack satta (fnb)(Creative Commons
Western Center for Journalism

American Lady

Danville, KY

#123994 Sep 19, 2013
Jay wrote:
I really hate long posts, but this one is well......we'll see...in October.
Million Truckers To Protest Obama By Shutting America Down
One week after nearly a million patriotic bikers converged on Washington, D.C. for the 12th anniversary of 9/11, a large group of truckers has announced its plans to halt commerce across the nation for next month. The strike is planned as a response to D.C.“corruption that is destroying America,” according to the movement’s Facebook page.
Organizers say that truckers taking part in the strike will not haul freight for three days, beginning Oct. 11. A social media campaign launched earlier this week has already garnered tens of thousands of supporters.
The event is set to include a convoy to the nation’s capital, and early feedback shows that many drivers are eager to join the movement.
Photos of trucks and drivers planning to take part in the event are consistently being posted to the Facebook page,“Truckers to Shut Down America,” and many who cannot join are pledging to keep their rigs parked during the strike.
If successful, the strike could result in significant gridlock — both on the streets of Washington, D.C. and between points of delivery throughout the nation.
According to the movement’s social media administrators, the three-day strike hopes to accomplish three specific goals. In addition to interrupting truck deliveries and engaging in the trucker convoy, organizers hope to elicit support from the general population.
Calling for a general strike among American citizens of all stripes, the final objective is “No shopping. No paying bills. No using money for three days.”
Unquestionably a lofty goal, a large number of Facebook users seem inclined to take part.
“Thank you Truckers for speaking for all of us,” wrote one supporter.
Many contend that any initial sting from missed deliveries is a small price to pay if the federal government actually hears the message.
“I can survive just fine for 30 days or however long it takes to restock after the shutdown,” another poster stated.
It remains to be seen whether this movement will succeed in opening the eyes of those in Washington or be largely ignored (a la the 9/11 biker rally.) One fact is indisputable, though: millions of Americans — bikers, truckers, and everyone in between — are fed up with the status quo in the federal government and are prepared to go to great lengths to preserve this great nation for future generations.
Public rallies against our corrupt leaders are becoming a common occurrence, and this planned strike will surely not be the last such outcry. Barack Obama made good on his 2008 campaign promise of bringing change to America. Grassroots outrage among patriotic Americans is the first step toward finally changing the nation back.
Photo credit: jack satta (fnb)(Creative Commons
Western Center for Journalism
Thank YOU Jay!
For this TREMENDOUS info!
<3
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123995 Sep 19, 2013
I'm going to pass this on ...
IF you don't mind :)
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#123996 Sep 19, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
This gave me goosebumps, RC. A friend's church in Memphis did something similar before Christmas - this young couple with a baby, dressed shabbily, a little smelly, came in and sat down in the back one Sunday. Folks in her church were kind to them, though. Each week, they moved a little closer to the front. Some people kind of shied away, but most just smiled and moved over for them. Anyway, on the night of the Christmas program, they walked in slowly, taking off their coats as they went, and took their places as Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus in the nativity scene. My friend cried when she told me about it, and she was so proud of the folks in her church for making them welcome.(It's a Unitarian church, btw.)
I would of loved to seen that too. It's a shame that there are so many getting political and preaching less about salvation and the teachings of Jesus. I have been turned off by many that I have visited with friends. Most the big ones are getting more about the money and building/furnishings etc...than saving souls and helping people. It's a shame. I went to the sweetest church by Lincoln's Birthplace a couple times with some friends from Hodgenville and made me think of the ones I attended growing up when we went to visit relatives. Fellowship, warm greetings, great sermons, always making you want to go back for more. They are far and few between these days. Greed has invaded the churches as well. Some just can't walk the talk and are only Sunday Christians, the rest of the week they are hellions.

#123997 Sep 19, 2013
RC Co-Cola, Newport, it's been a very informative, peaceful evening talking with you both, so before Waylon and Madam ruin it, I'll say goodnight ;D

Dream sweet and I'll see you tomorrow.
Jay

Springville, TN

#123998 Sep 19, 2013
American Lady wrote:
I'm going to pass this on ...
IF you don't mind :)

I didn't write the article AL, Western Journalism did. Have at it. And while you at it, send this one:

Hospital Layoffs Planned Ahead Of ObamaCare Implementation

The largest employer in the Cleveland, Ohio, area is about to get significantly smaller. In an announcement released Wednesday, Cleveland Clinic CEO Spokesperson Eileen Sheil said the hospital will offer early retirement to about 3,000 of its employees. She did not offer an estimated number of pink slips the facility will be handing out.

This move marks the hospital’s first major layoff in more than a decade, Sheil explained, placing much of the blame on the dreadful and largely unknown consequences of the soon-to-be-implemented ObamaCare law.

Layoffs will affect employees at all levels, she noted, explaining that staff members up to and including doctors might find their position on the chopping block.

According to a press release issued by the Cleveland Clinic, the hospital is “transforming the way care is delivered to patients” because of ObamaCare. Understandably, the facility tried to put its own spin on the bad news; however, the crux of this transformation is far fewer qualified personnel to care for patients.

In addition to layoffs and coerced retirement, the press release stated that administrators will engage in a “stricter review of filling vacant positions.”

By the end of next year, the hospital plans to reduce operating costs by $330 million.

Polling continues to show a rising trend of dissatisfaction with the healthcare reform law as Americans become more knowledgeable about its expensive and restrictive mandates. As more and more medical facilities follow the Cleveland Clinic’s lead — or close down completely — the dangerous precedents set forth in ObamaCare will move from the abstract to undeniable reality.

At that point, the backlash will certainly result in a cacophony of indignation. Unfortunately, as with previously failed government programs, it might just be too late.

Photo Credit: Mr. Ducke (Creative Commons)

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#123999 Sep 19, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think they can keep up with his devices and many ips/proxies. I have said I won't register,(don't want that freak messaging me like he did ILIH), only comment on this site except for the time I posted on that bashing president site because the loon was calling me Irish Rose who slams her bad over there. If I did post there I would use the same screen name and style of writing, mostly articles and of course DITCH MITCH.
I do stay on this one since I started early on it during that debate, through Obama's election and probably through out until Mitch gets Ditched or even HILLARY gets elected. hahaha
Good advice by the way. Thank you.
Have a good night.
RIP GOP CONS
DITCH MITCH
True that banning someone using proxies if a job it can be done. At the very least they can make it a major headache for him.
I know this as someone who has owned and run a few forums in my time.
There are more options than banning by IP, but even if that is all that is available to the Mods here, there are only so many proxies (IP's) he can use(notice the pattern of locations he posts from?). As each one is used it shrinks his pool until there is none left.
I see his methods. I know the tools he is using and he is not nearly the net guru he wants you to believe he is.
He is just some lonely attention seeker, who has stumbled upon some simple tricks, readily available to anyone willing to spend 5 minutes finding, and learning to use them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Island Creek shooting 13 min Wondering 137
Strip mines and hot married/single men 16 min Beaver tamer 5
Buffalo Wild Wings is open 35 min just hangin 13
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr Paris 32,389
Daddy wants to play with teen daughter 2 hr just hangin 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr ChromiuMan 148,957
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 3 hr -Prince- 25,496
Glen Hammond Ray Jones Round 2 21 hr The People HaveSp... 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages