'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 213456 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

OZombies

Rowland Heights, CA

#122200 Sep 11, 2013
whitehair wrote:
Please explain , if the WMD`s now in Syria , per Obama, are the Poison gas, why were they not also WMD`s when in Iraq? I know, you expected something else?
WMD/Poisonous gas ...potatoe/patatoe..........
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#122201 Sep 11, 2013
Countrygirl wrote:
<quoted text> He got head...and still
got the job done.
GOOD ONE countrygirl. At least he didn't let the country go to hell. It's been downhill all the way except for the things PRESIDENT OBAMA has done to try to bring it back, with NO HELP. I thought he spoke well last night.

Ok I said I would strike, I let the American people and Congress have a say, now the two chicken shits want to jump on board the treat with the UN on chemical weapons, but if they don't, I can have the NAVY take those weapons out and no one can stop me. hahaha Sort it in a nutshell. I love to hear his speeches.

More to come.

Have a good night. Try not to pick on chemtrail zombie, she is about to cry over you. hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
OZombies

Los Angeles, CA

#122202 Sep 11, 2013
Phil wrote:
Republicans are borrow and spend and democrats are tax and spend. The best congress money can buy...535 idiots need to be unemployed... get rid of them all . From Mitch to Ried all of them
Amen...!!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#122203 Sep 11, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
The more dead muslimes the better! Why don’t you go back where you came from, you treasonous bitch. Get on here and cry about your dead comrades on the 12th anniversary of slimy Islamic cocks—kers, killing innocent Americans! Why don’t you tell all the blacks that suck up to you and your kind about how your kind enslaved blacks from Africa 600 years longer than the whites did?
God bless America, and God bless Zion!
The only homes I have ever seen a confederate flag flying in front of had wheels. When's the next Klan get together?
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#122204 Sep 11, 2013
Obama Takes a Big Shot at Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld in Syria Speech

President Obama responded to his Bush administration critics like Liz Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld with a not so thinly veiled shot at their failed foreign policy during his Syria speech.
Video clip:

Obama said:
And that is why, after careful deliberation, I determined that it is in the national security interests of the United States to respond to the Assad regime’s use of chemical weapons through a targeted military strike. The purpose of this strike would be to deter Assad from using chemical weapons, to degrade his regime’s ability to use them and to make clear to the world that we will not tolerate their use. That’s my judgment as commander in chief.

But I’m also the president of the world’s oldest constitutional democracy. So even though I possessed the authority to order military strikes, I believed it was right, in the absence of a direct or imminent threat to our security, to take this debate to Congress. I believe our democracy is stronger when the president acts with the support of Congress, and I believe that America acts more effectively abroad when we stand together.

This is especially true after a decade that put more and more war-making power in the hands of the president, and more and more burdens on the shoulders of our troops, while sidelining the people’s representatives from the critical decisions about when we use force.

Now, I know that after the terrible toll of Iraq and Afghanistan, the idea of any military action, no matter how limited, is not going to be popular. After all, I’ve spent four and a half years working to end wars, not to start them.

Here’s a hint about who the president was speaking to. Recently, Liz Cheney who served in Daddy and W’s administration said that Obama had taken,“an amateurish approach to national security and foreign policy.” Donald Rumsfeld, one of the major architects of Bush’s disastrous wars has been all over cable television bashing Obama,“This president has tried to blame everybody or anybody, for everything and leadership requires that you stand up, take a position, provide clarity and take responsibility. And I can’t imagine him saying that he didn’t draw the red line. But he did draw a red line…. We have ears!”

President Obama was talking directly to Cheney and Rumsfeld when he mentioned the decade that put more war making power in the hands of the president. Rumsfeld and the Cheneys are some of the biggest advocates for the belief in unlimited Commander in Chief powers. Obama has rejected this argument from day one, and it is why the neo-cons despise him. They think that listening to the American people on questions of war is a sign of weakness. To them a real president shoots first and asks questions later.

One of the key nuances of the president’s Syria speech was that Obama was trying to build a consensus while directly confronting the failed policies of the past that created America’s distrust and war weariness.

Obama took a big shot at the grumbling war mongers of the Bush administration, and the message was sent that this president won’t be doing things their way.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/10/obama-...

"After all, I’ve spent four and a half years working to end wars, not to start them." AND he has.

"President Obama was talking directly to Cheney and Rumsfeld when he mentioned the decade that put more war making power in the hands of the president."

So if he gives the order (coz who can trust those tyrants or Russia) it will be thanks to the POWER that BUSH gave him. PRICELESS

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
OZombies

Rowland Heights, CA

#122205 Sep 11, 2013
Countrygirl wrote:
<quoted text> He got head...and still
got the job done.
Yeah...his head under Monica's blue dress...job well done...!!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#122206 Sep 11, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad Clinton failed to get osama bin laden...we wouldn't have 9/11...he didn't have time to chase osama bin laden...too busy chasing skirts...and a bunch of them! Remember Monica the intern and a blue dress ???
True. Too bad Reagan created Al-Qaeda as a way to fight the Russians in Afghanistan. We wouldn't have Islamic terrorist.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#122207 Sep 11, 2013
After Criticizing Michelle Obama GOP Hypocrites Propose Bill Telling People What To Eat

After criticizing First Lady Michelle Obama for ‘telling them what to eat,’ House Republicans are proposing a bill that will tell millions of Americans what they are allowed to eat.

The Hill reported:

Rep. Phil Roe (R-Tenn.) on Tuesday proposed legislation that would require people using federal food stamps to buy only healthy food…Efforts to curb these purchases have been opposed by anti-hunger groups. But Roe said some states are already exploring ways to curb junk food purchases through the SNAP program, and argued that the federal government needs to take steps as well.

“Already, states like Wisconsin and South Carolina have shown interest in improving the healthfulness of choices in their SNAP programs,” he said.“By giving SNAP recipients more nutritious choices, we can take a meaningful step towards ending hunger in America.”

There are a couple of of things about this bill that you need to know. First, anti-hunger organizations all legislation that would limit food choices. Edward Cooney, Executive Director of the Congressional Hunger Center, used the Republicans’ own argument against them,“Our view is that people have the smarts to purchase their own food and we’re opposed to all limitations on food choice. There’s no study that I’m aware of that links SNAP participation to obesity.”

It has been widely speculated that the reason why anti-hunger groups are against any limits on what SNAP recipients can buy is because they accept tens of millions of dollars in food donations every year from the processed food industry.

The idea that First Lady Obama is trying to tell Americans what to eat is a part of Republican anti-Obama folklore. There was the infamous incident in 2011 when Republican Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner told a woman at a church auction that,“she lectures us on eating right while she has a large posterior herself.” Rush Limbaugh targets the First Lady with his sexist rants about the freedom to be as fat as he wants to be on a regular basis. It is possible to find some Republican somewhere claiming that Michelle Obama is telling them what to eat on almost every day of the year.

Michelle Obama has been advocating for Americans to eat healthier. What Republicans are trying to do is pass a law telling poor Americans what they can, and can’t eat. Republicans are proposing the exact thing that they were criticizing First Lady Obama for.

Republicans can’t criticize Michelle Obama for asking people to make better food choices, when they are passing legislation around the country that tells people what they can eat. Healthier eating is important for all Americans, but this Republican double standard deserves to be called out.

Michelle Obama is encouraging Americans to make their own choices. Republicans are making the choices for people. The hypocrisy is mind boggling.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/11/critic...

Can anyone say HYPOCRITES. Typical CON trait.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#122208 Sep 11, 2013
Rand Paul and Ted Cruz’s Defund Obamacare Rally Attracts Dozens of Medicare Using Elderly People

Sens. Rand Paul and Ted Cruz’s defund Obamacare rally today turned out to be a giant bust, as the only people most interested in stopping Obamacare are old people who are already on Medicare.

Pat Robertson’s CBN Network touted the anticipated huge crowd size,“The start date for enrolling in the Affordable Care Act is Oct. 1. As the nation gets closer to that date, activists who want to defund Obamacare are putting more pressure on legislators. On Tuesday, they’re bringing thousands of protestors to Washington, D.C., for an event called Exempt America.”

This was a shot of the crowd that they got:

Sens. Rand Paul and Ted Cruz’s defund Obamacare rally today turned out to be a giant bust, as the only people most interested in stopping Obamacare are old people who are already on Medicare.

Ouch. Crowd shots were not often seen during the live stream of the event, and for good reason most of the people there appeared to be the typical older white Republican voters. The great irony of the rally was that many of the people who did attend the event were likely on Medicare. Those in attendance cheered on speaker after speaker as they railed against government run healthcare all the while knowing that they are recipients of one of the best healthcare programs in the country, which just so happens to be run by the government.

The rally itself took place on an unseasonably hot summer day, but the sparsity of the crowd was confirmation of the dying influence of the tea party. The rally itself was nothing special.

Republican congressman trotted out their promises to get rid of Obamacare, while the crowd gleefully applauded as both sides appeared happy to disregard the reality that Obamacare isn’t going anywhere.

A few ambitious speakers promised to end the American war in Syria that may never start. All in all, this was a tribute to Republican delusion.

Tea party organizations promise attendance in the thousands when they draw hundreds. Those who do attend hear a fantastic tale of Republican politicians promising to do things that they do not have the power to do, and everyone goes home happy because not facing reality tends to work for some people.

The tea party is dead. Obamacare is the law of the land, and if these are the people that Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are counting on to get them to the White House, they will be sorely disappointed.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/09/10/rand-p...

"This was a shot of the crowd that they got:

Sens. Rand Paul and Ted Cruz’s defund Obamacare rally today turned out to be a giant bust, as the only people most interested in stopping Obamacare are old people who are already on Medicare."

hahaha PRICELESS, there aren't enough OLD people to vote for those teabaggers. lmao

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#122209 Sep 11, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>The only homes I have ever seen a confederate flag flying in front of had wheels. When's the next Klan get together?
hahaha, he'll have to ask the teabagging old man whitehair. He washes and starches his sheet/hood once a week whether he used them or not.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#122210 Sep 11, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...his head under Monica's blue dress...job well done...!!
At least he wasn't f'king the American people like bush. He left a surplus, jobs and construction was a plenty, no wars like Iraq and Afghanistan, strong economy and even after that Monica episode(which was between him, Hillary and GOD and not for you to judge) still has rock star status wherever he goes. The whole WORLD love Bill. Suck on that Chemtrail. THAT'S A FACT.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#122211 Sep 11, 2013
AristoclesKingofAliases wrote:
<quoted text>
The more dead muslimes the better! Why don’t you go back where you came from, you treasonous bitch. Get on here and cry about your dead comrades on the 12th anniversary of slimy Islamic cocks—kers, killing innocent Americans! Why don’t you tell all the blacks that suck up to you and your kind about how your kind enslaved blacks from Africa 600 years longer than the whites did?
God bless America, and God Bless Zion!
Did your mother teach you to be so hateful?

I will post what I please, when I please.
And you can't do shit about it.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#122212 Sep 11, 2013
I hope Calvin and all Jon Stewart fans seen this show. I love how he so perfectly describe fauxbox and cnn.

Jon Stewart Destroys Fox News Over Syria

Coverage:'Who Cares HOW We Avoided A War...'(VIDEO)

Stewart Syria, Syria Chemical Weapons, Syria Peace Plan, Comedy News

"Who cares how we avoided a war and got a dictator to give up his chemical weapons if we avoided a war and got a dictator to give up his chemical weapons."

Such was Jon Stewart's assessment of the news that Syria might relent and work with Russia to hand its chemical weapons over, avoiding U.S. military intervention.

On Tuesday, Stewart praised John Kerry for bumbling, Magoo-like, into the potential solution by proposing it off-the-cuff as a ridiculous scenario that could never happen.

But when Syria seemed to take the "dickish offer" seriously, there was no celebrating at Fox News. Instead, the network quickly went into shame-spin cycle, characterizing the development as embarrassing and giving Russia the upper hand in our never-ending global pissing contest.

This was apparently, quite enough for Jon Stewart, who launched into a breathless rant:

I get that Fox opposes the Syria peace plan because its modus operandi is to foment dissent in the form of a relentless, irrational contrarianism to Barack Obama and all things Democratic to advance its ultimate objective of creating a deliberately misinformed body politic whose fear, anger, mistrust and discontent is the manna upon which it sustains its parasitic, succubus like existence, BUT... sorry, I blacked out for a second I was saying something?

Watch the clip above.(It's PRICELESS!!!!!)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/11/jon-...

Worth the watch, you can google it or go to the Comedy Channel or The Daily Show website. He hit that dead on about fauxbox. lmao

Got love how he shows their clips acting about as ignorant as they can. Can't believe the people that watch it 24/7. Gloom and doom.

They need to see the light.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Vern

Switzerland

#122213 Sep 11, 2013
truthhere wrote:
<quoted text>
Repubs have such memory lost. Clinton handed Bush a thriving economy and a balanced budget. Bush handed Obama a debt without income to pay for it and the worst economic collapse in 80 years.
That is not how it was. We know the republicans had control under Clinton and the democrats under Bush. There is your truth. Figure out the years and there your truth is on your misinformation. In those years your buddy Bill screweddd more than some underling.
RepubliCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#122214 Sep 11, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi ILIH, I think all that hate was bred into them and the teabaggers just released it at the thought of America's first BLACK President.(They forget he is half white raised by his white grandparents basically). The flew out of their closets and daily show how pathetically racist and bigoted that they are. Pretty sad.

They are a terrorist dream for somemore American born/citzen to join them. Then the drones can find them. lol

I feel the same as you. I will post whatever, whenever I want to.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Vern

Switzerland

#122215 Sep 11, 2013
RepubliCONS wrote:
Oh lQQkie the circus socks have been busy today.....
RepubliCONS
France
everybody knows libs are stupid, everybody accepts that so we just look the other way, we have no plan other than to party now, the NAACP and the new black panthers are running things now, the president is their puppet, he is black so he can get away with it,
this is the way it is, an inconvenient truth to the white repubs out there,
My response:
Another prime example of your racist lowlife mentality. YOUR party likes to look the other way, when they see the poor, the homeless, homeless VETS, and children being gassed to death in another part of the World. That is the typical republiCON ...
RepubliCONS
France
it is funny though that Putin is telling Obama to shut up and sit down, the UN is laughing at Obama, the entire world is laughing at him, he is not a leader, he is a community organizer that stirs things up and then doesnt know what to do about them,
I repond:
what a joke, here is what real people think of him,
NOone is clicking on your virus ridden links but I am sure it is as disgusting as you are. Putin is happy he doesn't have to get his ass kicked by the US Navy and so is Syria. No one is laughing at this heinous crime but you repukes. The only joke is your MINORITY teabagging CON party.
RepubliCONS
Amsterdam, Netherlands
try this link, it has the words to the song,
and when you are done listening and reading this, remember, our president is only half black so he cant even do that right, he has embarrased our country so much that nobody takes us serious,
I respond:
AGAIN, not clicking on any of your virus "hackerer" sites arivern. He's only embarrassed you losers because he hasn't FAILED. Suck it up. You still have THREE years to deny.
RepubliCONS
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I love welfare, it pays me to stay home and hang out with my friends at this website,
I just love these guys, cant help it, kindof sick myself,
I respond:
YOU may love welfare, but fortunately working for the gov't most of my life and being an Army brat I never knew what welfare or being poor is all about. HOWEVER, I have NO problem with all my tax dollars all my life going to help those that are less fortunate. I know you missed that WWJD Bible training. Sucks to be you.
You have your teabaggers and kkk and they have NAACP, get over it.
RepubliCONS
Amsterdam, Netherlands
well, gotta go for now, have a meeting downtown on the corner of broadway and central with my drag queen friends,
till later,
I respond:
haha, we all know that sounds more like you arisocks as evident by your weekend meltdowns in July and all your new avatar socks.
Keep trying loser CON.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
RepubliCONS
France
who cares about who attacked us as long as we can protect our black president and blame white repukes, you all know I love black men and our president is black, yes, Im white but when it comes to being gay the sicker the better,
and who cares about our president looking like a complete retard in front of the entire world, if anybody says anything aginst them it will be racist,
I respond:
Who attacked us dumbass? I have never loved a black man but I don't condemn those that do like you racist bunch. I'm white and we know you are closer to being gay as evident of your shaved wrestler avatar and male wrestlers porn site you posted, don't condemn gays, everyone has a right to live their life as they choose, not how YOU want them to. GOT THAT.
Doesn't matter what the PRESIDENT does you repukes always have something racist to say.
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Getting past the bla bla bla....had to remove some of it. The coach was family. Remember the post?
You say you are retired but you should say....restarted ....careful, read carefully. Retarded you first thought that was the word. You are it. What in the hale did a "fake you" or "ari" have to do with anything I said? Uh huh...yea, you are it.
Vern

Switzerland

#122216 Sep 11, 2013
Yeah, That was meant to be said!

Since: Dec 11

#122217 Sep 11, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
You should learn how to use the tools I have referenced...you would not have to guess who is who...and look like such an idiot when you are WRONG.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#122218 Sep 11, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>The only homes I have ever seen a confederate flag flying in front of had wheels. When's the next Klan get together?
I'm "sure" theses peeps in in your so-called trailers ... huh?

Robert C. Byrd[D], a Pillar of the Senate, Dies at 92

Senator Byrd died around 3 a.m. Monday at the Inova Hospital in Fairfax, his office said. He lived not far from there, in McLean, Va. Gov. Joe Manchin III of West Virginia, a Democrat, will appoint an interim successor.

Mr. Byrd’s perspective on the world changed over the years. A former member of the Ku Klux Klan, he filibustered against the 1964 Civil Rights Act only to come to back civil rights measures and Mr. Obama. A supporter of the Vietnam War, he became a fierce critic, decades later, of the war in Iraq. In 1964, the Americans for Democratic Action, the liberal lobbying group, found that his views and the group’s aligned only 16 percent of the time. In 2005, he got an A.D.A. rating of 95.

Mr. Byrd’s political life could be traced to his early involvement with the Klan, an association that almost thwarted his career and clouded it intermittently for years afterward.

In the early 1940s, he organized a 150-member klavern, or chapter, of the Klan in Sophia, W.Va., and was chosen its leader. Afterward, Joel L. Baskin, the Klan’s grand dragon for the region, suggested that Mr. Byrd use his “talents for leadership” by going into politics.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/29/us/politics...

Ku Klux Klan members in United States politics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan_mem...

MOUNTAINEERS
OF THE BLUE AND GRAY

West Virginia military units – both Union and Confederate
http://www.shepherd.edu/gtmcweb/cd_units.html

Robert Carlyle Byrd (born Cornelius Calvin Sale, Jr.; November 20, 1917 – June 28, 2010) was a United States Senator from West Virginia. A member of the Democratic Party, Byrd served as a U.S. Representative from 1953 until 1959 and as a U.S. Senator from 1959 to 2010. He was the longest-serving U.S. Senator and, at the time of his death, the longest-serving member in the history of the United States Congress.[3][4][5][6](In June 2013, his record was surpassed by U.S. Representative John Dingell of Michigan.[7])

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd

)8~D>
American Lady

Danville, KY

#122219 Sep 11, 2013
theses peeps in
these peeps lived

IN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 32 min Good-Evil 147,217
SOAR No More 38 min Fed Up 14
facebook moms (Jun '15) 45 min Alicia 24
Steve Hartz 49 min Been there done t... 2
Leslie good or bad job 1 hr Wild Wild West wing 9
Is Pikeville Really Growing? Honestly? 1 hr Mudslinger 103
Obama 3 hr Stomped Coal 8
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 5 hr Red_Forman 6,745
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages