'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story

Since: Dec 11

#107597 Jul 1, 2013
The Rooster crows from Moscow!

Statement from Edward Snowden in Moscow

Monday July 1, 21:40 UTC

"One week ago I left Hong Kong after it became clear that my freedom and safety were under threat for revealing the truth. My continued liberty has been owed to the efforts of friends new and old, family, and others who I have never met and probably never will. I trusted them with my life and they returned that trust with a faith in me for which I will always be thankful.

On Thursday, President Obama declared before the world that he would not permit any diplomatic "wheeling and dealing" over my case. Yet now it is being reported that after promising not to do so, the President ordered his Vice President to pressure the leaders of nations from which I have requested protection to deny my asylum petitions.

This kind of deception from a world leader is not justice, and neither is the extralegal penalty of exile. These are the old, bad tools of political aggression. Their purpose is to frighten, not me, but those who would come after me.

For decades the United States of America have been one of the strongest defenders of the human right to seek asylum. Sadly, this right, laid out and voted for by the U.S. in Article 14 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, is now being rejected by the current government of my country. The Obama administration has now adopted the strategy of using citizenship as a weapon. Although I am convicted of nothing, it has unilaterally revoked my passport, leaving me a stateless person. Without any judicial order, the administration now seeks to stop me exercising a basic right. A right that belongs to everybody. The right to seek asylum.

In the end the Obama administration is not afraid of whistleblowers like me, Bradley Manning or Thomas Drake. We are stateless, imprisoned, or powerless. No, the Obama administration is afraid of you. It is afraid of an informed, angry public demanding the constitutional government it was promised Ė and it should be.

I am unbowed in my convictions and impressed at the efforts taken by so many."

Edward Joseph Snowden

Obama's defenders are on the WRONG side of this issue also!

#107598 Jul 1, 2013
DITCH MITCH wrote:
Let the turtleshit slinging ads begin:
Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes to run for Congress
DITCH MITCH 2014
HAHAHA
...and now smell your hands.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#107599 Jul 1, 2013
MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD THUGS READY TO PULVERIZE PROTESTERS
Morsi given until tomorrow afternoon to resign

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/muslim-brotherhood...
Just Sayin

Cadiz, KY

#107600 Jul 1, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
The Rooster crows from Moscow!
Statement from Edward Snowden in Moscow
Monday July 1, 21:40 UTC
"One week ago I left Hong Kong after it became clear that my freedom and safety were under threat for revealing the truth. My continued liberty has been owed to the efforts of friends new and old, family, and others who I have never met and probably never will. I trusted them with my life and they returned that trust with a faith in me for which I will always be thankful.
On Thursday, President Obama declared before the world that he would not permit any diplomatic "wheeling and dealing" over my case. Yet now it is being reported that after promising not to do so, the President ordered his Vice President to pressure the leaders of nations from which I have requested protection to deny my asylum petitions.
This kind of deception from a world leader is not justice, and neither is the extralegal penalty of exile. These are the old, bad tools of political aggression. Their purpose is to frighten, not me, but those who would come after me.
For decades the United States of America have been one of the strongest defenders of the human right to seek asylum. Sadly, this right, laid out and voted for by the U.S. in Article 14 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, is now being rejected by the current government of my country. The Obama administration has now adopted the strategy of using citizenship as a weapon. Although I am convicted of nothing, it has unilaterally revoked my passport, leaving me a stateless person. Without any judicial order, the administration now seeks to stop me exercising a basic right. A right that belongs to everybody. The right to seek asylum.
In the end the Obama administration is not afraid of whistleblowers like me, Bradley Manning or Thomas Drake. We are stateless, imprisoned, or powerless. No, the Obama administration is afraid of you. It is afraid of an informed, angry public demanding the constitutional government it was promised Ė and it should be.
I am unbowed in my convictions and impressed at the efforts taken by so many."
Edward Joseph Snowden
Obama's defenders are on the WRONG side of this issue also!
And I assume that would mean 99% of the GOP in Congress....have not heard too many bashing anyone on the other side of the aisle on this one. Too many of them voted this crap in back in 06.
Just Sayin

Cadiz, KY

#107601 Jul 1, 2013
<quoted text>
...and now smell your hands.
LOL....wouldn't care what my hands smelled like as long as that jerk is gone. He is the epitome of exactly what is wrong in DC.
Just Sayin

Cadiz, KY

#107602 Jul 1, 2013
<quoted text>
After the Obama administration has demonstrated their malice towards American Conservatives, you won't get a Democrat elected if they fart rainbows and pass out $100 Dollar Bills!
Hardly towards the citizens....just the leadership....and after the last elections doesn't look like he is alone in that malice. Haven't seen much to change that opinion either. There are several on both sides that have not done their job...the party of no has definitely one upped themselves the last few yrs...and seem willing to double down on the tactic lately. Hope they keep it up myself.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#107603 Jul 1, 2013
Anti-Obama protests dispersed by South Africa police

"I feel my rights are being infringed," said 24-year-old Bilaal Qibr, who was at the protest. "We can't protest anymore. Personally, I feel like this is an extension of the U.S."

Protests have been planned at the university over Obama's visit and the news that he was to receive an honorary doctorate Saturday.

"They don't believe Obama deserves that award. The U.S. position and its relationship with Israel has created a problem," said Levy Masete, president of the Student Representative Council. "The students say,'Stop the oppression in Palestine,' and you want to honor this man who is making this oppression possible."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...
Jay

Paris, TN

#107604 Jul 1, 2013
<quoted text>
After the Obama administration has demonstrated their malice towards American Conservatives, you won't get a Democrat elected if they fart rainbows and pass out $100 Dollar Bills!

I'll bet there are a lot of democrats throughout the years who ran head-long into the IRS and got audited.....even before Obama....count them out, too. Nothing is worse than being audited and having them rake people over the coals for minor issues, dollars and cents, too, and if that don't pss them off nothing will.

And now that we know the IRS employed have a credit card paid for by us, more will leave that party, and it couldn't happen to a more deserving people.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#107605 Jul 1, 2013
July 1, 2013
Same sex cultural imperialism
Thomas Lifson

Predictably, those cultures don't like it. President Obama's current trip to Africa has spurred a reaction. Kenya's newspaper, The Nation, writes:

Deputy President William Ruto on Sunday urged US leader Barack Obama to respect Kenyans' culture, saying they would not abandon their traditions that condemn same-sex marriages.

The Deputy President said Kenya was ready to work with other "sovereign and God-fearing" nations, adding that the government would continue to foster these relations.

It is not only Christians, but also Muslims, who reject same sex marriage and adhere to their scriptural teachings on homosexual relations.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/07/s...

“Hot C can't explain it...”

Since: Apr 13

...but he'll hold your hand

#107606 Jul 1, 2013
AmericaN lADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists prove it really is a thin line between love and hate ...
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/sci...
Betrayal by someone you "love" ...
can EASILY turn into HATE!
dipstick :)
the same scientists that believe climate change is a hoax?
dipstick tube:)

#107607 Jul 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
pervert ...
witch

#107609 Jul 1, 2013
Whatever became of Mr. Templeton?
"Paul Lynn" was the voice of "Templeton" the rat in Charlottes Web:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nq7pskwFUv0XX
you mean Paul Lynde, Professor?

#107610 Jul 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who "know" me ...
KNOW me 'well'...
Those who don't ...
Can "Go to Hell" ...
You don't *KNOW ME* well, do you ...???
;~)
you're a psycho bitch, not much else to know.
Kitkat

Richmond, KY

#107611 Jul 1, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly towards the citizens....just the leadership....and after the last elections doesn't look like he is alone in that malice. Haven't seen much to change that opinion either. There are several on both sides that have not done their job...the party of no has definitely one upped themselves the last few yrs...and seem willing to double down on the tactic lately. Hope they keep it up myself.
I agree!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#107614 Jul 1, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>when have I ever held back my feelings? Or wanted to say something and didn't ?
Please print the following and give it to your parents!!!

----------
Itís your job to teach your kids to behave more respectfully and manage frustration better. The three crucial roles for you to play as a parent are Teacher, Coach and Limit Setter. We teach them how to behave, we coach them (and encourage them) when they get it right, and we set limits when they get it wrong. These three roles are really the key to being an effective parent.

Remember, the goal is for kids to be able to function in the real world and go on to be responsible adults who can live on their own. We basically want all the things for our kids that our parents wanted for us: to be financially and emotionally able to function successfully on their own. Itís our job as parents to teach and guide our kids to become more functional. If they donít learn how to be respectful to others growing up, itís much harder to learn as an adult. Change is hard but it can happen at any time. When you want things to be different, you just have to do some work.

Read more: http://www.empoweringparents.com/disrespectfu...

#107617 Jul 1, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Please print the following and give it to your parents!!!
----------
Itís your job to teach your kids to behave more respectfully and manage frustration better. The three crucial roles for you to play as a parent are Teacher, Coach and Limit Setter. We teach them how to behave, we coach them (and encourage them) when they get it right, and we set limits when they get it wrong. These three roles are really the key to being an effective parent.
Remember, the goal is for kids to be able to function in the real world and go on to be responsible adults who can live on their own. We basically want all the things for our kids that our parents wanted for us: to be financially and emotionally able to function successfully on their own. Itís our job as parents to teach and guide our kids to become more functional. If they donít learn how to be respectful to others growing up, itís much harder to learn as an adult. Change is hard but it can happen at any time. When you want things to be different, you just have to do some work.
Read more: http://www.empoweringparents.com/disrespectfu...
this isn't the real world Hon

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#107618 Jul 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Obama admits he is Kenyan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wBWuJNcnvG8XX
Uploaded on Aug 6, 2011
Obama admits in this video that ...
he is NOT an American
and was NOT born here
!!!
Death Panels, Gun Grabs and now Obama admits he is Kenyan. You Repubs are too stupid to realize all this crap just means more lost of elections. Who the hell would want to be on the same side as all you nut cases out there?
P.S. When is that Beck news that is going to take down Obama going to happen? Wasn't that over a month ago? Come on. Post that crap again.

Location hidden

#107620 Jul 1, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet there are a lot of democrats throughout the years who ran head-long into the IRS and got audited.....even before Obama....count them out, too. Nothing is worse than being audited and having them rake people over the coals for minor issues, dollars and cents, too, and if that don't pss them off nothing will.
And now that we know the IRS employed have a credit card paid for by us, more will leave that party, and it couldn't happen to a more deserving people.
You would lose that bet. Dems do not think like Repubs. We don't hear all this bullshit and believe it to be true because FauxNews said so. The first thing most Dems thought about the IRS deal was no wonder. Karl Rove and 3000 others just like him wanting a tax free exemption saying they are not using money for any political party. LOL !!! The second thought was who was in charge at the IRS when all this crap was going on?
A Bush appointed man named Shulman. That's why no Dem is upset about this so called "scandal".
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/349814/f...

#107621 Jul 1, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
And I assume that would mean 99% of the GOP in Congress....have not heard too many bashing anyone on the other side of the aisle on this one. Too many of them voted this crap in back in 06.
Here's the problem with your analogy:
Two wrongs never make a right, Republican Ron Paul was against the "patriot Act" and many other things that were put in place way back then (in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks).
The shortsightedness has been proven to be an egregious error, look at how that power and trust has been abused by Obamas administration.
This is precisely why no one should trust the federal government!
No law abiding American Citizen should be scrutinized by any administration for religious beliefs or party affiliation...or race, age, height, weight, etc.

Location hidden

#107622 Jul 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Anti-Obama protests dispersed by South Africa police
"I feel my rights are being infringed," said 24-year-old Bilaal Qibr, who was at the protest. "We can't protest anymore. Personally, I feel like this is an extension of the U.S."
Protests have been planned at the university over Obama's visit and the news that he was to receive an honorary doctorate Saturday.
"They don't believe Obama deserves that award. The U.S. position and its relationship with Israel has created a problem," said Levy Masete, president of the Student Representative Council. "The students say,'Stop the oppression in Palestine,' and you want to honor this man who is making this oppression possible."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013...
I will see your Doom and Gloom and raise you some hope.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-01/obam ...

In Dar es Salaam, thousands of people peacefully lined a two-lane highway as Obamaís motorcade arrived at Tanzaniaís State House. Music played as the U.S. president and first lady Michelle Obama walked up the hostís driveway. The street was renamed Barack Obama Drive with a new sign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*New Topix Feature - Hide/Customize Location! (Feb '10) 2 min Goodbye 311
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min ChromiuMan 131,923
Pikeville Medical Center 17 min wtf 5
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 22 min Injudgement 20,312
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 24 min living dead girl 22,259
Little Pikeville Police Chief Antics 39 min Puppets 2
Word Association (Aug '11) 1 hr Analog man 5,552
Sheriff Charles Fuzzy Keesee 3 hr thenatureboy 50
Horse Trail Tragedy 9 hr aep rookery 23
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE