'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
srill

Henderson, KY

#89025 Mar 21, 2013
how many rocks made ripples lmao
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#89026 Mar 21, 2013
Repukes wrote:
The unhappiest states
Where do the saddest people in America live?
The residents of many of America’s red states are feeling decidedly blue, according to a report issued this week (PDF) by research firms Gallup and Healthways. The annual well-being report found that there’s a sadness cluster made up of 10 contiguous states in the Midwest and South.
Citizens of Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana and Oklahoma scored poorly for multiple factors that affect well-being, including emotional health, work environment, physical health, healthy behaviors, and access to food, shelter and health care.
Respondents in the saddest states scored especially poorly for physical health and healthy behaviors. In fact, many of these states lead the nation in incidence of diabetes, obesity and other metabolic disorders. These respondents also were more likely to smoke, exercise infrequently, and consume few fruits and vegetables. In addition, they reported more worry, sadness, anger and stress than did residents of happier states.
So, with our saddest citizens clustered in the South and Midwest, where are the shiny, happy people? According to the report, the states where citizens enjoy the greatest sense of well-being are Hawaii, Colorado, Minnesota, Utah, Vermont, Montana, New Hampshire, Nebraska, Iowa and Massachusetts.
http://healthyliving.msn.com/blogs/daily-appl...
The residents of many of America’s red states are feeling decidedly blue, according to a report issued this week (PDF) by research firms Gallup and Healthways. The annual well-being report found that there’s a sadness cluster made up of 10 contiguous states in the Midwest and South........
Red states feeling the BLUES. Time to put Kentucky make into the blue shade with all the Dems registered here. You'd have to be pretty stupid to want to continue with the likes of repukes to turn this state into a HAPPY one. Oh yeah, that's right they are pretty STUPID. Not the next election.
Time to go turtleman...your days are numbered.
LOL!..."Old" Mitch has been in the Senate for "27" years (since 1985), and yet his state's citizens (Kentucky) still rank in the BOTTOM 10 of the nation's median income by state...
CENSUS BUREAU'S DATA FOR MEDIAN ANNUAL INCOME, BY STATE:
----------
United States Median Annual Income =$51,027
BOTTOM 10:
Mississippi ...=$39,078
Arkansas ......=$39,806
Tennessee .....=$41,524
Montana .......=$41,753
South Carolina =$42,065
Alabama .......=$42,245
Kentucky ......=$42,331 <--Mitch McConnell's state
West Virginia .=$42,801
Louisiana .....=$42,946
New Mexico ....=$44,732
LOL!...Well, at least we know 1 person from Kentucky who's done well over the past 27 years: Mitch McConnell.
The Republi-'con' motto:
......If you can keep the 'fools' fooled, then damn it, "KEEP 'EM FOOLED!"
Good ole turtle man, he probably has done more for China than Kentucky! Just love that repuke motto. So fitting.
DITCH MITCH
Yep, this what you get when many of the citizens are sucking on the government's welfare tit.
Uncle Tab

United States

#89027 Mar 21, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! You remind me of the "Black Knight" in Monty Pythons "In Search for the Holy Grail", no arms, legs and you still claim victory!!!
You have had your ass handed to you and are too dumb to know it!!!
Hahahaha!!!! LMAO!!! You have made my day!!!! Hahahaha!!!!
Obama citizen... All republicans and SCOTUS agree with me

1 me 0 you

There is no fun grab like you cried about. I said there wouldn't be one

2 me 0 you

Republicans are dumb and feed you whatever they want knowing you're so stupid you'll repeat it over and over.

3 me 0 you

Sure... You owned me?

Where??

LMFAO!!
srill

Henderson, KY

#89029 Mar 21, 2013
think they care bout immigration /iran sure does know how to change subjects/a new chair to sit in king of the castle look at me
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#89030 Mar 21, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, this what you get when many of the citizens are sucking on the government's welfare tit.
This pretty much says it all inJustice:

27 years: Mitch McConnell.

The Republi-'con' motto:

Good ole turtle man, he probably has done more for China than Kentucky! Just love that repuke motto. So fitting.

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#89031 Mar 21, 2013
Rove, RNC and GOP bigwigs rig the rules against the right
By Brent Budowsky - 03/19/13 09:57 AM ET

For insider Republican bigwigs, 2013 is the year of the double deal. They pay homage to CPAC while they write rules for the 2016 presidential campaign designed to fix the game against conservatives whose issues they claim to champion. The new "blueprint" from the Republican National Committee should be read with a calculator, an abacus and a copy of Machiavelli's The Prince to understand that the real blueprint is to freeze out insurgent conservatives (does Rand Paul ring a bell?) and lock in establishment Republicans (does Bush 45 ring a bell?) at the presidential campaign level. Will we soon read a headline on Drudge revealing "GOP insider fix exposed?"

The plan is to shorten the 2016 campaign, to compress 2016 into rapid-fire battles, to end or limit caucuses that help insurgents, and to dramatically cut down the number of debates. Taken together, these actions give a great advantage to establishment candidates with better-known names and access to lots of money. Couple this with the ubiquitous Karl Rove (the power-mad insider whose recent record is worse than the defunct Intrade) who is raising the big dough for the favored friends of the bigwig elites, and we find a game that is being fixed and a deck that is being stacked.

Bad news for the bigwigs — they will not trigger an insider triumph, they will trigger an all-out GOP civil war when grassroots conservatives realize they are the target of a nefarious (for them) fix.

This will lead to what the media will call, and I am coining a phrase here, "the battle of the GOP super-PACS" as the big buck Rovians battle the big bucks right (as in Adelson and Koch) for ownership of the 2016 nomination.

Will this intra-party coup d'etat from the GOP establishment work? Probably not. The GOP base will not take kindly to those who address the CPAC meeting with friendly words as Brutus once addressed Caesar. Stacked-deck primaries can backfire if an insurgent catches fire early. The money advantage for GOP insiders will mean nothing unless Messrs. Koch and Adelson et. al. buy into the fix, which is unlikely.

My guess is that the word got out too soon. The conservative base will figure out the fix and move to bring the demise of this baby before it leaves the crib, leaving chastened insiders to give speeches at next year's CPAC event wearing trench coats and gloves and saying: "don't blame me, the other guy did it".

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/nationa...

This will lead to what the media will call, and I am coining a phrase here, "the battle of the GOP super-PACS" as the big buck Rovians battle the big bucks right (as in Adelson and Koch) for ownership of the 2016 nomination.

Nothing more entertaining than watching Grand OLD Party eat the Teabagging Party. Meanwhile the rest of the country, that being the MAJORITY, will move FORWARD. Dems rule. Thank You for helping us elect more.

The Republi-'con' motto:

hahaha

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#89032 Mar 21, 2013
Disgraced Gov. Beats 15 Republicans

Mark Sanford's Comeback: Stage One Complete
If Sanford wins on April 2, he'll face Democratic candidate Colbert Busch, the sister of comedian Stephen Colbert.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/mark-sanf...

Repukes never learn. Recyled losers. He would lose to Stephen Colbert's sister. hahaha

The Republi-'con' motto:

hahaha

DITCH MITCH
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#89033 Mar 21, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama citizen... All republicans and SCOTUS agree with me
1 me 0 you
There is no fun grab like you cried about. I said there wouldn't be one
2 me 0 you
Republicans are dumb and feed you whatever they want knowing you're so stupid you'll repeat it over and over.
3 me 0 you
Sure... You owned me?
Where??
LMFAO!!
LMAO!!! Like I stated, you are to dumb to know it, so why try to add fictus numbers!!!
LOSER!!!!
OZombies

United States

#89034 Mar 21, 2013
Hot C_2036 wrote:
<quoted text>
JERK? don't mind if I do. hehe
Sick little creep...aren't you...?!!!!
Uncle Tab

United States

#89035 Mar 21, 2013
Repukes..... Batting 1000 today!! lol
American Lady

Danville, KY

#89036 Mar 21, 2013
"...The Republi-'con' motto:
......If you can keep the 'fools' fooled, then damn it, "KEEP 'EM FOOLED!"...said screwball the dwIdioT"
Wonder WHY there is SUCH turmoil in the Republican party ...???
Some of US can't BE FOOLED!... ;0)

Michael Steele Calls Reince Priebus a ‘Numbnuts,’ Sort Of
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/03/...

RNC Completes 'Autopsy' on 2012 Loss, Calls for Inclusion Not Policy Change
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/rnc-compl...

Rince Preibus is a "dumchit" like you 'dwIdioTs'...
Uncle Tab

United States

#89038 Mar 21, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Like I stated, you are to dumb to know it, so why try to add fictus numbers!!!
LOSER!!!!
If you were right..... Obama wouldn't be president

If you were right ..... We wouldn't have our guns

If you were right ...... Fox would really be fair and balanced

Those facts that I'm right about burn you up because there's no way to spin it.

My 'fictus' numbers win

Should have least tried to make it to 8th grade.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#89039 Mar 21, 2013
Repukes wrote:
<quoted text>
This pretty much says it all inJustice:
27 years: Mitch McConnell.
The Republi-'con' motto:
DITCH MITCH
Who created that motto? I think you just copied it from another post.
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#89041 Mar 21, 2013
And for the idiot talking about Ashley not being a friend of coal doesn't know squat. Probably don't even know what mountain top removal is and how it affects the people, the land, the environment, etc...miners in Kentucky make up 1% of the workforce. Maybe you should know what it is and why she is an activist for the region, you bunch of uneducated dumbasses.

Kentucky
What is Mountain Top Removal Mining?
Mountaintop removal / valley fill coal mining (MTR) has been called strip mining on steroids. One author says the process should be more accurately named: mountain range removal.

Mountaintop removal /valley fill mining annihilates ecosystems, transforming some of the most biologically diverse temperate forests in the world into biologically barren moonscapes.
http://mountainjustice.org/kentucky/
http://mountainjustice.org/facts/steps.php

Mountain Top Coal Removal Mining
http://ashleyjudd.com/writings/mountain-top-c...

Ashley Judd on Mountaintop Removal Coal Mining
Click on the image to view Ashley Judd's speech on Sierra's Club Web site.

Mountaintop removal coal mining really strikes a nerve with celebrity Ashley Judd, who grew up in the middle of the Appalachian mountains in Kentucky. In response, Judd teams up with the Sierra Club in a new video that details to the Obama Administration why our nation should put an end to mountaintop removal coal mining."I grew up in Kentucky, and like so many Appalachians, just seeing our beautiful mountains and valleys tells me I am home," Judd said in the recent video. "Our mountains are our heritage and our legacy to future generations. But big coal companies are using explosives to literally blow the tops off the mountains, extract the coal, and destroy Appalachia."

The Sierra Club has geared up its oppostion to the practice since a panel of federal judges recently allowed the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to enable further mountaintop removal coal mining. It's feared that the recent opinion has set a precedent for future courts to allow new permits for mountaintop removal coal mining operations, which could destroy portions of the Appalachian Mountains by turning them into moon-like landscapes. In an effort to avert such a disaster, Judd urges the new Administration to ban mountaintop removal coal mining before it destroys all the mountains that she holds near and dear.
What is Mountaintop Removal Coal Mining?Companies practicing mountaintop removal literally blow up mountains and fill nearby valleys and streams with waste rock, which can ruin entire watersheds and the water supplies of nearby communities.

According to Mountain Justice, mountaintop removal coal mining can annihilate entire ecosystems and has already transformed some of the most biologically diverse temperate forests in the world into biologically barren moonscapes.

http://www.treehugger.com/culture/ashley-judd...

Mountaintop-removal mining is devastating Appalachia, but residents are fighting back
http://grist.org/article/reece/

I guess since you don't live there or know what it is all about you ASSume fauxbox pundits know what they are talking about as usual. I agree 100% with her. That area has gone down for years, a beautiful area in Eastern Kentucky and West Virginia looking like a war zone. A real shame for anyone who loves the mountains, hills, and trees in Kentucky. Only a repuke lemming loser wouldn't get that! You idiots need to educate yourself.

It's not the coal...it's the method.$$$$$ more important than human lives, environment, clean air/water, and personal property....TYPICAL REPUKE WAY!

The Republi-'con' motto:

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#89042 Mar 21, 2013
American Lady wrote:
"...The Republi-'con' motto:
......If you can keep the 'fools' fooled, then damn it, "KEEP 'EM FOOLED!"...said screwball the dwIdioT"
Some of US can't BE FOOLED!... ;0)
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/03/...
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/rnc-compl...
CPAC filled with racists and will people making horrible comments about women being raped.... And you tow that party line.

And you really have to wonder why your party is so out if touch with voters??

Two quick questions..
1) would you vote for someone who says rape is Gods will?

2) would you vote for any racist?(Already know you're a racists, so your answer here is obvious but answer anyway lol)
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

#89043 Mar 21, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were right..... Obama wouldn't be president
If you were right ..... We wouldn't have our guns
If you were right ...... Fox would really be fair and balanced
Those facts that I'm right about burn you up because there's no way to spin it.
My 'fictus' numbers win
Should have least tried to make it to 8th grade.
The fact is, Obama isn't the legal sitting president, IAW Art 2, sect.1, para 5 and the 14th amend.
I have always stated the government can't take out guns, don't know where you got this.
Fox is the most fair and balanced news.
Fictus numbers always add up to "0".
LOSER!!!
DidYouKnow

Mount Sterling, KY

#89044 Mar 21, 2013
Repukes wrote:
Rove, RNC and GOP bigwigs rig the rules against the right
By Brent Budowsky - 03/19/13 09:57 AM ET
For insider Republican bigwigs, 2013 is the year of the double deal. They pay homage to CPAC while they write rules for the 2016 presidential campaign designed to fix the game against conservatives whose issues they claim to champion. The new "blueprint" from the Republican National Committee should be read with a calculator, an abacus and a copy of Machiavelli's The Prince to understand that the real blueprint is to freeze out insurgent conservatives (does Rand Paul ring a bell?) and lock in establishment Republicans (does Bush 45 ring a bell?) at the presidential campaign level. Will we soon read a headline on Drudge revealing "GOP insider fix exposed?"
The plan is to shorten the 2016 campaign, to compress 2016 into rapid-fire battles, to end or limit caucuses that help insurgents, and to dramatically cut down the number of debates. Taken together, these actions give a great advantage to establishment candidates with better-known names and access to lots of money. Couple this with the ubiquitous Karl Rove (the power-mad insider whose recent record is worse than the defunct Intrade) who is raising the big dough for the favored friends of the bigwig elites, and we find a game that is being fixed and a deck that is being stacked.
Bad news for the bigwigs — they will not trigger an insider triumph, they will trigger an all-out GOP civil war when grassroots conservatives realize they are the target of a nefarious (for them) fix.
Will this intra-party coup d'etat from the GOP establishment work? Probably not. The GOP base will not take kindly to those who address the CPAC meeting with friendly words as Brutus once addressed Caesar. Stacked-deck primaries can backfire if an insurgent catches fire early. The money advantage for GOP insiders will mean nothing unless Messrs. Koch and Adelson et. al. buy into the fix, which is unlikely.
My guess is that the word got out too soon. The conservative base will figure out the fix and move to bring the demise of this baby before it leaves the crib, leaving chastened insiders to give speeches at next year's CPAC event wearing trench coats and gloves and saying: "don't blame me, the other guy did it".
Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/nationa...
Nothing more entertaining than watching Grand OLD Party eat the Teabagging Party. Meanwhile the rest of the country, that being the MAJORITY, will move FORWARD. Dems rule. Thank You for helping us elect more.
The Republi-'con' motto:
hahaha
DITCH MITCH
Republicans started the Progressive movement?
and Democrats corrupted it and made it their own, now it's anything that's anti-American!
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#89045 Mar 21, 2013
Let's see what grandrand was saying about the KY mountain top removal as he travelled through a town he couldn't remember and thought it was named after the Dukes of Hazard. lmao He didn't care about those people, just a vote and nothing more:

Rand Paul: Controversial Mountaintop Removal Coal Mining Isn’t So Bad — It Enhances The Land!

July 29, 2010

In a wide-ranging profile due out in next month’s issue of Details, Kentucky’s Republican nominee for Senate, Rand Paul, stands up for all the good things the controversial practice of mountain top-removal mining can do for the environment. Despite warnings from conservationists that blowing the tops off of mountains to get the precious, precious coal underneath can have a seriously negative impact on the surrounding land, Paul says that when you really stop to think about it, losing those mountain tops is actually a net positive.

Paul believes mountaintop removal just needs a little rebranding.“I think they should name it something better,” he says.“The top ends up flatter, but we’re not talking about Mount Everest. We’re talking about these little knobby hills that are everywhere out here. And I’ve seen the reclaimed lands. One of them is 800 acres, with a sports complex on it, elk roaming, covered in grass.” Most people, he continues,“would say the land is of enhanced value, because now you can build on it.”

Paul can’t seem to remember why the area is important to Kentucky:

Something about Harlan has lodged itself in my brain the way a shard of barbecue gets stuck in one’s teeth, and I’ve asked Paul for help.“I don’t know,” he says in an elusive accent that’s not quite southern and not quite not-southern. The town of Hazard is nearby, he notes:“It’s famous for, like, The Dukes of Hazzard.”

Mountaintop removal mining (which, as Details reporter Jonathan Miles reports, has been called “the greatest environmental tragedy ever to befall our nation” by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.)

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/07/ra...

Mountaintop removal mining

Peer-reviewed studies show that mountaintop mining has serious environmental impacts, including loss of biodiversity and toxification of watersheds, that mitigation practices cannot successfully address.[5] There are also adverse human health impacts which result from contact with affected streams or exposure to airborne toxins and dust.[5]
Published studies also show a high potential for human health impacts. These may result from contact with streams or exposure to airborne toxins and dust. Adult hospitalization for chronic pulmonary disorders and hypertension are elevated as a result of county-level coal production. Rates of mortality, lung cancer, as well as chronic heart, lung and kidney disease are also increased.[5] A 2011 study found that counties in and near mountaintop mining areas had higher rates of birth defects for five out of six types of birth defects, including circulatory/respiratory, musculoskeletal, central nervous system, gastrointestinal, and urogenital defects. These defect rates were more pronounced in the most recent period studied, suggesting the health effects of mountaintop mining-related air and water contamination may be cumulative.[34] Another 2011 study found "the odds for reporting cancer were twice as high in the mountaintop mining environment compared to the non mining environment in ways not explained by age, sex, smoking, occupational exposure, or family cancer history.”[35]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountaintop_remo...

Yeah, "it enhances the land"...

You bunch sqawk about issues you know nothing about. Just one liners from the fauxbox pundits. Plus, half of you don't live in this beautiful state so could careless as much as grandrand.

The Republi-'con' motto:

hahaha

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Vine Grove, KY

#89046 Mar 21, 2013
DidYouKnow wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans started the Progressive movement?
and Democrats corrupted it and made it their own, now it's anything that's anti-American!
Guess you DON'T KNOW that the DEMS perfected it as evident with the MAJORITY voting for the SECOND TERM PRESIDENT. I know that sticks in your crawl, but deal with it. You and your repukes are the minority now. Suck it up.

The Republi-'con' motto:

hahaha

DITCH MITCH
American Lady

Danville, KY

#89047 Mar 21, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
CPAC filled with racists and will people making horrible comments about women being raped.... And you tow that party line.
And you really have to wonder why your party is so out if touch with voters??
Two quick questions..
1) would you vote for someone who says rape is Gods will?
2) would you vote for any racist?(Already know you're a racists, so your answer here is obvious but answer anyway lol)
And you tow that party line... said spewy ...

WHAT PART OF THIS DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND...???

Some of US can't BE FOOLED!... ;0) <<---<<<< *******

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/03/ ...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/rnc-compl ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min China Chin cant win 12,548
The First To Fall ??? 13 min War Not Words 5
Ebola and Pikeville Medical Center 24 min joke 3
Landmark Inn 31 min Jim Bob Billy Sue 1
Senator Ray Jones 45 min Go coal 10
teco coal 1 hr minor 3
Word Association (Aug '11) 1 hr MUSICK-NESS 5,232
1st BLOOD MOON = Isis + Ebola So What's Next i... 2 hr War Not Words 24
What is the reason that the BOE elections are s... 13 hr Hummmm 34
Walter and Pam May Supporting Jimmy Carter for ... 16 hr the conn man 30
Hobby Lobby will not be here long. Mon Stone Cold 61
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match