'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments (Page 3,542)

Showing posts 70,821 - 70,840 of144,712
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pdamerica org

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Decade After Iraq WMD Speech at UN, Ex-Powell Aide Lawrence Wilkerson Debates Author Norman Solomon
February 6, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/byr2ymb
Ten years ago this week, a defining moment occurred in the Bush administration’s push to invade Iraq. On Feb. 5, 2003, then-Secretary of State General Colin Powell addressed the United Nations Security Council. His message was clear: Iraq possessed extremely dangerous weapons of mass destruction and Saddam Hussein was systematically trying to deceive U.N. inspectors by hiding prohibited weapons. A decade later, we host a debate between Powell’s former aide, Col. Lawrence Wilkerson — who prepared the U.N. speech, only to later renounce it — and media critic Norman Solomon, author of "War Made Easy." "I don’t believe the hype about that presentation having been the ultimate presentation ... that led us to war with Iraq," Wilkerson says of Powell’s speech. "George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and others had decided to go to war with Iraq long before Colin Powell gave that presentation.... It added to the momentum of the war.... Frankly, we were all wrong. Was the intelligence politicized in addition to being wrong at its roots? Absolutely." In response, Solomon says, "We were not all wrong. As a matter of fact, many experts and activists and researchers, from the get-go, in 2002, were saying that the administration case for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq was full of holes.... So, now to say,'Well, it wasn't just us at the administration; other people believed it,’ people believed it because they were propagandized by the administration, with massive assistance from the mass media."
http://www.democracynow.org/2013/2/6/decade_a...
Pdamerica org

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Step by step, what America has done wrong since 9/11
By Haviland Smith CIA Ret./ September 22, 2011 / http://tinyurl.com/a979bys
In some key ways, Osama bin Laden got his wish. America’s response to 9/11 has ravaged the economy, undermined civil and individual liberties – and has left us just as vulnerable as ever. Someone says “terrorist threat” and we jump. Through it all, the people and their elected representatives have hardly murmured.

It would be absolutely fascinating and probably terrifying to know even roughly what amount of money and resources it took for this country to prepare for the tenth anniversary of 9/11. We could start with New York City expenditures.

Unfortunately, although there has been vast media coverage of the massive security measures undertaken for 9/11, no one seems to be looking at it in terms of the extent of vulnerability in which these kneejerk measures leave us and the further economic drain that they place on our economy.

When Osama bin Laden first got geared up on his quest to bring down the United States, he said very clearly that one of his goals was to bankrupt us. Of course, what he meant was that he planned to create the conditions which would bring us to bankrupt ourselves.

It is critical to remember here that terrorism is not designed to overwhelm. It is designed to undermine. In that context, whatever it does to cause or initiate anxiety in targeted populations and governments, it relies on the reaction of those populations and governments equally as much to achieve its final goals. And America has reacted in ways that have haunted us and will continue to haunt us for decades. Unfortunately, Bin Laden could not have wished for more.
http://www.niemanwatchdog.org/index.cfm...

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I just need to ask this....are you able to read?
If you had read, I stated teachers were being forced to teach.They were on the news being whistleblowers as to what was going on.
No, I can not give you a site and if you had read, I said this and encouraged anyone to do so if they saw this report today also.
Why do you want me to provide evidence? You don't absorb the meaning of it and usually state, I don't trust this info.
No matter how the source is or from or who gives it if it produces the facts and truth, you do not want to believe it.
I find that sorely troublesome in which a grown man doesn't want to recognize what is going on in America, especially with this admin. and especially with our children.It seems you would have a modicum of concern about what our children are being taught and the propaganda they are being fed.
Why aren't you concern??
This is disturbing.
Word of advice...you should fact check anything you post, before you go off half-cocked about garbage someone else made up.
You know a little research goes along way!
It's easy to get different perspectives and views from people who actually put their names forth to protect the integrity of their profession.
BTW...blabber mouths inventing controversy are not on my list of reading!
Peace on Earth

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Pdamerica org wrote:
Decade After Iraq WMD Speech at UN, Ex-Powell Aide Lawrence Wilkerson Debates Author Norman Solomon
February 6, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/byr2ymb
Ten years ago this week, a defining moment occurred in the Bush administration’s push to invade Iraq. On Feb. 5, 2003, then-Secretary of State General Colin Powell addressed the United Nations Security Council. His message was clear: Iraq possessed extremely dangerous weapons of mass destruction and Saddam Hussein was systematically trying to deceive U.N. inspectors by hiding prohibited weapons. A decade later, we host a debate between Powell’s former aide, Col. Lawrence Wilkerson — who prepared the U.N. speech, only to later renounce it — and media critic Norman Solomon, author of "War Made Easy." "I don’t believe the hype about that presentation having been the ultimate presentation ... that led us to war with Iraq," Wilkerson says of Powell’s speech. "George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and others had decided to go to war with Iraq long before Colin Powell gave that presentation.... It added to the momentum of the war.... Frankly, we were all wrong. Was the intelligence politicized in addition to being wrong at its roots? Absolutely." In response, Solomon says, "We were not all wrong. As a matter of fact, many experts and activists and researchers, from the get-go, in 2002, were saying that the administration case for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq was full of holes.... So, now to say,'Well, it wasn't just us at the administration; other people believed it,’ people believed it because they were propagandized by the administration, with massive assistance from the mass media."
http://www.democracynow.org/2013/2/6/decade_a...
How many dollars did that add to the debt? See your tax dollars are work there Tea Party people. Repuk party is a joke! Not a funny one though!

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

BastardO wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not just silly, you're blind too!
I love America but not this president.
When he said "FUNDAMENTALLY WE ARE GOING TO TRANSFORM AMERICA", he was not kidding!
Freedom for all. This president doesn't believe in freedom. Don't you see that he is "walking" all over The Constitution and he has no respect for America. Listen to his 2009 Cairo speech!
If I'm blind? It's because of the light in my eyes! The glory that shines
from the torch of Freedom held high in the hand of Lady Liberty!
I choose not to be ignorant...I am most capable of discerning fact from fiction unlike people, who choose to believe any garbage spit out by people can't make it in the real world.
They live off your fear, and you let'em!

REALISM TRY IT ONE DAY!
Peace on Earth

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Pdamerica org wrote:
In some key ways, Osama bin Laden got his wish. America’s response to 9/11 has ravaged the economy, undermined civil and individual liberties – and has left us just as vulnerable as ever. Someone says “terrorist threat” and we jump. Through it all, the people and their elected representatives have hardly murmured.
It would be absolutely fascinating and probably terrifying to know even roughly what amount of money and resources it took for this country to prepare for the tenth anniversary of 9/11. We could start with New York City expenditures.
Unfortunately, although there has been vast media coverage of the massive security measures undertaken for 9/11, no one seems to be looking at it in terms of the extent of vulnerability in which these kneejerk measures leave us and the further economic drain that they place on our economy.
When Osama bin Laden first got geared up on his quest to bring down the United States, he said very clearly that one of his goals was to bankrupt us. Of course, what he meant was that he planned to create the conditions which would bring us to bankrupt ourselves.
It is critical to remember here that terrorism is not designed to overwhelm. It is designed to undermine. In that context, whatever it does to cause or initiate anxiety in targeted populations and governments, it relies on the reaction of those populations and governments equally as much to achieve its final goals. And America has reacted in ways that have haunted us and will continue to haunt us for decades. Unfortunately, Bin Laden could not have wished for more.
You have it so right my friend! Why average people do not see it. I do'nt understand1 I want to think we are smart but I really have to question that!
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>

Jay?
You paged me?

I think I need to clarify a sentence I sent to you. When I said,

"I do not care what these people do with their lives, just don't drag mine or my kids' lives into *your* warped philosophy, because to me it IS warped and out of sync with nature.

What I should have said is,

"I do not care what these people do with their lives, just don't drag mine or my kids' lives into *THEIR* warped philosophy, because to me it IS warped and out of sync with nature."

After I re-read this, it sounded like I was referring to you. I was not. My apology if you thought so.
epicdrama org

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Pdamerica org wrote:
Don't be fooled into the delusion that OBL the terrorist accomplished all of this on his own...you give him way too much credit. OBL, just like al-Qaeda and the terrorists, was a creation of the CIA at the behest of the globalists with the sole purpose of taking down American sovereignty to usher in the New World Order. It is these manufactured false flag terrorist acts that have made it possible to pass the Patriot Act and the NDAA without any resistance from the people and made it possible for the military industrial congressional complex to invade sovereign nations in the Middle East (Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Sudan) for the sake of conquest and it is not finished. Syria and Iran are next and after that the conquest will be complete.
Pdamerica org

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Peace on Earth wrote:
<quoted text> How many dollars did that add to the debt? See your tax dollars are work there Tea Party people. Repuk party is a joke! Not a funny one though!
The Trillions and Trillions for the Bush two wars and the Bush Senior Citizen Drugs bills were not paid for.

Now Obama and the Republicans want to cut Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, instead of raising taxes on the wealthy.

FICA went up on all Americans and Obama and the Republicans took care of their friends.

NASCAR & Hollywood got Billions of Pork with this recent phony baloney fiscal cliff.

======

Obamacare Architect Leaves White House for Pharmaceutical Industry Job
Few people embody the corporatist revolving door greasing Washington as purely as Elizabeth Fowler / December 5, 2012 / http://tinyurl.com/bh6wuuv
When the legislation that became known as "Obamacare" was first drafted, the key legislator was the Democratic Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, Max Baucus, whose committee took the lead in drafting the legislation. As Baucus himself repeatedly boasted, the architect of that legislation was Elizabeth Fowler, his chief health policy counsel; indeed, as Marcy Wheeler discovered, it was Fowler who actually drafted it. As Politico put it at the time: "If you drew an organizational chart of major players in the Senate health care negotiations, Fowler would be the chief operating officer
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/12/05-0
Pdamerica org

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Peace on Earth wrote:
<quoted text> You have it so right my friend! Why average people do not see it. I do'nt understand1 I want to think we are smart but I really have to question that!
Americans are smart but easily fooled.

Do you know the difference between the Russian and American citizenry?

The Russians know they are getting bamboozled with Pravda and the Americans believe the corporate mainstream / corporate rightwing media "Hook Line and Sinker"!

--------

What Indy Media Heroes Can Teach Us
by Jeff Cohen / November 14, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/6fm73u
Independent media outlets that contributed so mightily to the stunning election result are about to be tested as to their “independence.” With Democrats in control, will these outlets be guided by principle or just partisanship? Will they speak truth to power and expose corruption and injustice over the long haul – no matter who’s in charge?
U.S. history offers role models. In this era when indy journalists reach mass audiences via blogs, viral video and podcasts, there is much to learn from the originators of dissident journalism. From the start of the Republic, bold entrepreneurs (often sole proprietors like many of today’s bloggers) stood up to censorship, jail and violence to sustain independent outlets that transformed our country.
Our Republic’s founding owes much to revolutionary pamphleteers like Tom Paine, who agitated against the King in Common Sense, a pamphlet that sold 150,000 copies when the colonial population was only 2.5 million people.
Study any cause that has improved our country since and you’ll find stubbornly independent journalists who challenged injustice in the face of ridicule and scorn from the mainstream media of their day. These journalistic heroes are chronicled in Rodger Streitmatter’s inspiring book, Voices of Revolution: The Dissident Press in America.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2008/11/14-0
Pdamerica org

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

epicdrama org wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be fooled into the delusion that OBL the terrorist accomplished all of this on his own...you give him way too much credit. OBL, just like al-Qaeda and the terrorists, was a creation of the CIA at the behest of the globalists with the sole purpose of taking down American sovereignty to usher in the New World Order. It is these manufactured false flag terrorist acts that have made it possible to pass the Patriot Act and the NDAA without any resistance from the people and made it possible for the military industrial congressional complex to invade sovereign nations in the Middle East (Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Sudan) for the sake of conquest and it is not finished. Syria and Iran are next and after that the conquest will be complete.
The Patriot Act is so large it must have been written way before September 11, 2001.

I still do not believe 9/11 was an inside job because there were too many warnings coming from too many places.

You are 100% correct about the Neo-Confederate Plan.

--------

Gen. Wesley Clark Shocker on 9/11 “Policy Coup”
In this stunning but little-known speech from 2007, Gen. Wesley Clark claims America underwent a “policy coup” at the time of the 9/11 attacks. In this video, he reveals that, right after 9/11, he was privy to information contained in a classified memo: US plans to attack and remove governments in seven countries over five years: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Iran.
He was told:“We learned that we can use our military without being challenged …. We’ve got about five years to clean up the Soviet client regimes before another superpower comes along and challenges us.”
“This was a policy coup…these people took control of policy in the United States….”
http://whowhatwhy.com/2012/08/10/tvwho-gen-we...
BastardO

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>If I'm blind? It's because of the light in my eyes! The glory that shines
I choose not to be ignorant...I am most capable of discerning fact from fiction unlike people, who choose to believe any garbage spit out by people can't make it in the real world.
REALISM TRY IT ONE DAY!
I know who I am...
and can't convince you no matter what I try ...you not going to convince me to change my mind either.

I know Obama and liberals are destroying this country and that is REAL!!!!!
Pdamerica org

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

epicdrama org wrote:
<quoted text>
Too my knowledge there were ZERO CIA in Afghanistan from 1979-1989 when the Red Army occupied for 10 long years an internecine guerrilla war.

The Russian Generals did not know who the enemy was.

Sound Familiar?

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>That wasn't hard!
Our President, Barack Obama, was a member of a radical communist party, called the Illinois New Party and/or the Chicago New Party, which has Chicago Mob and Black Communist Activist roots. He admits receiving Marxist training (Marxism is the ideology of using law as a means of oppression and control). Obama has friends whose terrorist organization bombed the US Capital, the Pentagon and the State Department, killed policemen and plans to kill 25 million people. These people may be agents of Cuba or Russia. Obama has surrounded himself with socialists-communists of similar backgrounds and has built and is building a shadow government of communists-socialists-progress ives-radicals to bypass Congressional and Citizen control. Progressives are Communists. As elected leader of our country, he regularly meets with large labor unions led by known communists. He worked for an international communist organization, ACORN, now under investigation by the FBI and others. As a marxist-trained socialist and apparent narcissist, Obama's primary goals are to eliminate capitalism and replace it with a socialist-marxist-communist program, perhaps under the direction of the Soviet Union who has been our enemy for over 50 years. Obama's policies are leaving our nation open to attack and infiltration by communists and terrorists of dictator countries and his initiatives will collapse the US financial system as it forces us to obtain huge financial loans from other countries like communist China. Obama made the Top Ten List of Corrupt Politicians in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010, with "Dishonorable Mention" on the 2006 List. Without any doubt, Obama is a Communist.
IF IT WAS UP TO ME YOU'D HAVE A FILE A FOOT THICK IN THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY!

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
You paged me?
I think I need to clarify a sentence I sent to you. When I said,
"I do not care what these people do with their lives, just don't drag mine or my kids' lives into *your* warped philosophy, because to me it IS warped and out of sync with nature.
What I should have said is,
"I do not care what these people do with their lives, just don't drag mine or my kids' lives into *THEIR* warped philosophy, because to me it IS warped and out of sync with nature."
After I re-read this, it sounded like I was referring to you. I was not. My apology if you thought so.
Thanks for the clarification.:)
Pdamerica org

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

EXCLUSIVE–The Three Trillion Dollar War: Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz and Harvard Economist Linda Bilmes on the True Cost of the US Invasion and Occupation of Iraq / February 29, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/2on4jv
One week after President Bush rejected charges the war in Iraq has hurt the US economy, a new book puts a conservative estimate of the war’s cost at $3 trillion so far. In their first national broadcast interview upon their book’s publication, Nobel laureate and former chief World Bank economist, Joseph Stiglitz, and co-author Linda Bilmes of Harvard University say the Bush administration has repeatedly low-balled the cost of the war—and even kept a second set of records hidden from the American public
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/2/29/exclusi...

---

The Evils of Unregulated Capitalism / by Joseph Stiglitz
July 10, 2011 / http://tinyurl.com/6fygnsg
Just a few years ago, a powerful ideology - the belief in free and unfettered markets - brought the world to the brink of ruin. Even in its hey-day, from the early 1980s until 2007, US-style deregulated capitalism brought greater material well-being only to the very richest in the richest country of the world.
Indeed, over the course of this ideology's 30-year ascendance, most Americans saw their incomes decline or stagnate year after year.
Moreover, output growth in the United States was not economically sustainable. With so much of US national income going to so few, growth could continue only through consumption financed by a mounting pile of debt.
I was among those who hoped that, somehow, the financial crisis would teach Americans (and others) a lesson about the need for greater equality, stronger regulation, and a better balance between the market and government.
Alas, that has not been the case.
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/07/10-5
Pdamerica org

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Gotta Go.

Got Another Party.

lol
epicdrama org

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
The Patriot Act is so large it must have been written way before September 11, 2001.
I still do not believe 9/11 was an inside job because there were too many warnings coming from too many places.
You are 100% correct about the Neo-Confederate Plan.
--------
Gen. Wesley Clark Shocker on 9/11 “Policy Coup”
In this stunning but little-known speech from 2007, Gen. Wesley Clark claims America underwent a “policy coup” at the time of the 9/11 attacks. In this video, he reveals that, right after 9/11, he was privy to information contained in a classified memo: US plans to attack and remove governments in seven countries over five years: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Iran.
He was told:“We learned that we can use our military without being challenged …. We’ve got about five years to clean up the Soviet client regimes before another superpower comes along and challenges us.”
“This was a policy coup…these people took control of policy in the United States….”
http://whowhatwhy.com/2012/08/10/tvwho-gen-we...
I agree with you on the policy coup and 9/11 made it possible which is why it was an inside job made to like 'terrorists' did it. Come on, with all the 'warnings' many in or government knew it was imminent yet did nothing about it...that was on purpose. Case in point, just look at the NORAD stand down order that allowed the 'hijacked plane'(actually it was a missile) to hit the Pentagon, the world's most secure military fortress. This was all been thoroughly discussed in the 9/11 conspiracy thread on the popular forums section if you really want to get to some details. BTW, there are over 230,000 posts on that thread so it may take you while to get through it all and digest the information. If you have the time to read through it I guarantee you will be shocked at the irrefutable evidence of a massive coverup of the 9/11 truth and a a lot of it comes from the few honest military and government officials left in our government.

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

BastardO wrote:
<quoted text>
I know who I am...
and can't convince you no matter what I try ...you not going to convince me to change my mind either.
I know Obama and liberals are destroying this country and that is REAL!!!!!
How do you know?
Give me tangible evidence and not gobbledygook!
You can dislike the President all you want..this is America after all!
But you can't prove anyones destroying anything,now can you?

“American & Cowgirl by Birth”

Since: Jan 13

Dodge City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>If I'm blind? It's because of the light in my eyes! The glory that shines
REALISM TRY IT ONE DAY!
WE live in the REAL world. Have you been out of your neck of the woods lately? To any metropolis? At the crap going on. IF we wait until it gets to our neck of the woods, it will be TOO late.
FYI: I 'love' the woods, NOT knocking that lifestyle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 70,821 - 70,840 of144,712
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

96 Users are viewing the Pikeville Forum right now

Search the Pikeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min do whut 127,884
Ronald Reagan cut the childrens lunch program. 7 min FYI 5
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 14 min Hatti_Hollerand 6,515
Mike Rowe Resigns 17 min amen 25
Democratic Congressman Calls Obamas Border Acti... 45 min Dumbo Ears is a Dumbo 7
Obama Letting Everyone Cross the Mexican Border 48 min Dumbo Ears is a Dumbo 3
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 49 min darktainium 21,011
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pikeville People Search