'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 190177 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Reality

Campbellsburg, KY

#73899 Jan 11, 2013
TWA wrote:
you want to solve the problem stop medicating the kids with mind sontrolling substances, stop teaching them theres no consequences and stop teaching them murder is fine as long as its a woman doing the choosing on the abortion table, you leftwingers are unbelievable, the only time you hear anything from one of you is when its an opportunity to destroy the constitution
AMEN and Hallelujah.
Uncle Tab

United States

#73900 Jan 11, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
I interpret "shall not be infringed" to mean as many as we wish 1? 5? an "arsenal"?
I think that I have a right to defend my own family with at least as many weapons as used to defend my own family as used to defend our POTUS and his family! If his 20 man security team has an "arsenal" so should I!
That's the part that people will be hung up on as far as gun control goes.. You can only fire 2 guns at one time. So that being the case, should people who own a lot of guns be treated differently? I'm not being difficult and I've mentioned many times I'm not anti gun. But let's be honest, you can't carry loads of guns while having a gun fight. You mention military training you've had, you didn't have large numbers if guns. That slows you down.
If some enemy did attack, you can't stay in a house... Most unsafe place to stay when something like you all say is going to happen. And you're leaving the other gums to the enemy to kill more of us.
sybil

Glasgow, KY

#73901 Jan 11, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sticking with my word and no no calling, as it seems only one republican is conserved about our children and I respect him for that. Seems to me politics aren't first. I'm impressed.
But let's just play out what republicans say, gun ban, civil war, Muslims take over, the US is gone. Leader if the free world, the worlds police... If this were true, why is the stock market hammering away? If we're so in debt how can there be so much money to be spent there? Anyway.. So Wall Street is making huge bank getting ready for the end if the world. When American ends, the police force of the world, who protects the rich here making billions and trillions?? They'll be the first to go. No where on the planet they can hide. You think they're gonna let anything happen in the USA?? Never happen!!
So basically common sense says that argument doesn't work.
Now any other republicans want to voice opinions about making our kids safer??
Your first mistake was believing you have common sense. Your second mistake was believing that anyone ever takes your old ass seriously. You are hear for entertainment purposes and serving as an example of why we should be thankful we are nothing like you.

Now come on back with your same ole same old Sybil, Bush, Republicans are always wrong, Bush, Conservatives don't care about anybody or anything, Bush, Bus and more Bush and whaaaa! Typical speakup behavior. Your posts read like Charlie Brown's teacher sounds...wha wha wha-wha wha wha.
Reality

Campbellsburg, KY

#73902 Jan 11, 2013
ANTH0NY75 wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop changing the subject.
Obama never said he killed bin laden. Obama never took credit for it, he thanked everyone involved. Too bad you believe lies and never question the bullshit your abusers tell you to believe.
Is this all you have?

Stop whining the blues because you support a incompetent, Chicago-thug muslim who has done everything he can to bring America into a Third World type Kenya and you are unable to deal with it.

Yes, Obama's "Audacity of Hope I Can Turned America into My Home Sweet Home Kenya".

worse

Ashland, KY

#73903 Jan 11, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even realize that idiots, such as yourself, that worship Obama no matter what he does or how many times he fails...is one of the reasons bad has become much worse in our country? You people can't think for yourself, you never have an original thought of your own instead you simply repeat what you are told to believe and then brag about how intelligent you are hoping people will believe it (they don't, lol), You wait for the "official" excuse for Obama's latest failure and then you ObaMORONS run with it and repeat it. You justify and rationalize everything so as to make it seem as if your messiah is perfect and you are perfect in his image. So how come, if all those things are true, we are circling the toilet bowl at Obama warp speed? You can't blame Bush or Reagan forever even though you are hoping to do just that. When does Obama take responsibility for Obama's 4 years as president? When do you people grow up? When do you people educate yourselves with truth and facts instead of Obamaganda? Don't you get tired of being a sheep? Don't you want to be intelligent and know the facts and come to your own conclusions? Are you going to be just some old dumb ass mouthpiece forever? Your family must be so ashamed of you. Licking ass all your life. Man up, stand up, step up. Quit playing follow the leader just so you can be part of something that you don't really believe in or support. Grow up.
Being a republican isnt growing up. Its letting your brain rot from stagnant ideas and being paranoid that everyone wants what you have. Until the republicunts can come up with a candidate that isnt leaning on the ways of the past, it will continue to wither. Youre standing at a train station watching the rest of the nation go by. If youre comfortable with that, then so are we.
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#73904 Jan 11, 2013
worse wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a republican isnt growing up. Its letting your brain rot from stagnant ideas and being paranoid that everyone wants what you have. Until the republicunts can come up with a candidate that isnt leaning on the ways of the past, it will continue to wither. Youre standing at a train station watching the rest of the nation go by. If youre comfortable with that, then so are we.
And just take a look at how our lives pretty much suck now that we have been led by the democrats for 4 years plus. That train must have skimmed your head as it passed by. WAKE UP AND SNAP OUT OF IT!
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#73905 Jan 11, 2013
Tell me why the democrats and Obama supporters didn't make a big fuss and get committees together and atempt to do anything about gun control when Eric Holder gave guns to our Mexican neighbors to kill Americans with? Were those guns assualt rifles? Things that make you go hmmmm. Maybe Brian Terry's family can answer that for us since they have no answers from the White House about their sons murder. Executive Privilege and all that crap.
Uncle Tab

United States

#73906 Jan 11, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
**********
You want a simple solution to a complex problem affecting millions of people that even Congress, the Senate and the president aren't really sure what to do about it.
It seems that the first thing law enforcement looks for in radical incidents like mass killings is the stability of the person, their past history, drug abuse, home life. They always seem to conclude that the person is a mental case. How can you argue with that? And what is the solution when it comes to someone with mental issues purchasing a gun? It looks like we're going to have to have stricter rules on people who are being treated for these issues, perhaps? Should we have a data base where psychiatrists, doctor's and pharmacists must call in when treating or prescribing medications for people who are having depression, social issues, bipolar issues, domestic violence or are being treated for anger management, etc? In many of these cases these people are being given drugs to help them deal with their problems. Sometimes the drugs themselves can alter moods and changes in behavior.
It's just my opinion, but I don't think anyone fitting the description of the above should have access to a gun. So maybe these issues should be in the forefront and be discussed openly by Congress and the president before they decide that anyone with a gun is a nut case and needs to be curtailed. It's just not so, and legislating everyone is not a logical way to solve these problems.
And no, I don't think anything like large capacity clips , assault rifles and bullet proof vests should be able to be purchased on the internet. You should have to purchase this stuff from a reputable, legally owned gun shop, after they run a background check....approve or deny. JMO,but I still don't think you will keep weapons out of the hands of the determined, if they're that determined -- what say you?
I said way back at the Columbine shooting, you can't regulate crazy. I know you can't stop it. But if one mass shooting could be stopped would we do what we could to stop it?? And with that being said, and the conversation I'm having with Ari, how many guns are enough? Do you need an AR15 for this? An M16 for that?? None if our troops fighting anywhere has a ton of guns in them. And as I told him, you can't carry 14 guns as you shoot and protect yourself and family. If what you all say we're to come true, we're gonna have to be in the move in the country. Not in our homes huddle with 15 guns like sitting ducks. One grenade and we're done. Make sense??
And limiting to what we need and would actually use in a battle would have to have an effect in how many we're killed in mass shootings. Not as many guns for the mentals like that kid.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#73907 Jan 11, 2013
worse wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a republican isnt growing up. Its letting your brain rot from stagnant ideas and being paranoid that everyone wants what you have. Until the republicunts can come up with a candidate that isnt leaning on the ways of the past, it will continue to wither. Youre standing at a train station watching the rest of the nation go by. If youre comfortable with that, then so are we.
You say THAT ...
When it's the Republicans on here keep "you" up to date on what is going on in this Country ...
You have NO IDEA what is going on if you only listen to cable news ... you know LAMEstreamedia ...

Branch OUT
Broaden your mind ...
LQQk at different "horizons" ...

THAT WAY will be the ONLY way to be "knowledgeable" of WHAT is ACTUALLY going on!

WE, Republicans, spend a LOT of our time reading ...
And are VERY discerning in WHAT we read!
No porn included!

WHY read about it or LQQK at it ...
WHEN you can be an active partner in your own life, DOING iT :D

WE're "intellectual" that way ... ;0)
worse

Ashland, KY

#73909 Jan 11, 2013
sybil wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first mistake was believing you have common sense. Your second mistake was believing that anyone ever takes your old ass seriously. You are hear for entertainment purposes and serving as an example of why we should be thankful we are nothing like you.
Now come on back with your same ole same old Sybil, Bush, Republicans are always wrong, Bush, Conservatives don't care about anybody or anything, Bush, Bus and more Bush and whaaaa! Typical speakup behavior. Your posts read like Charlie Brown's teacher sounds...wha wha wha-wha wha wha.
And who have you convinced that your ways are better? Noone. If anything, you have reinforced that anyone who voted for Obama made the better choice. Now you guys just want to whine for four years like the sore losers you are. Noone has to really blame Bush. His record speaks for itself, just as Obama's will. However, you would be an ignorant twatface to think his tenure had no impact on the nation's politics. He pushed more people from the party than anyone I can think of. I should know, Im one of them. And if you dont think your anti-pres drivel sounds equally annoying, then you have American Idol syndrome. Somerone has told you that you really are a pundit, but most of the people here are laughable.

Since: Dec 11

.

#73908 Jan 11, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the part that people will be hung up on as far as gun control goes.. You can only fire 2 guns at one time. So that being the case, should people who own a lot of guns be treated differently? I'm not being difficult and I've mentioned many times I'm not anti gun. But let's be honest, you can't carry loads of guns while having a gun fight. You mention military training you've had, you didn't have large numbers if guns. That slows you down.
If some enemy did attack, you can't stay in a house... Most unsafe place to stay when something like you all say is going to happen. And you're leaving the other gums to the enemy to kill more of us.
I can't say in a public forum what I have...or where I have it.
There are weapons in my home where I will have quick access, and others in strategic locations elsewhere. I do have a safe room with goodies for a sustained hide. I am a CCDW guy, this gives an instant response ability, as well as a way to fight my way to the rest of my weapons. In battle...what I would carry would depend upon the job I was tasked with. M16-A2,.45 1911 Colt,.308 with tri pod. magazines-all I can carry for each!
worse

Ashland, KY

#73910 Jan 11, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
You say THAT ...
When it's the Republicans on here keep "you" up to date on what is going on in this Country ...
You have NO IDEA what is going on if you only listen to cable news ... you know LAMEstreamedia ...
Branch OUT
Broaden your mind ...
LQQk at different "horizons" ...
THAT WAY will be the ONLY way to be "knowledgeable" of WHAT is ACTUALLY going on!
WE, Republicans, spend a LOT of our time reading ...
And are VERY discerning in WHAT we read!
No porn included!
WHY read about it or LQQK at it ...
WHEN you can be an active partner in your own life, DOING iT :D
WE're "intellectual" that way ... ;0)
Google and Fox news doesnt count. You spend more time posting lame music. Youll excuse me if I treat your antics the same way I treat the rest here. A futile effort to convince someone of something that will never happen.
worse

Ashland, KY

#73911 Jan 11, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
And just take a look at how our lives pretty much suck now that we have been led by the democrats for 4 years plus. That train must have skimmed your head as it passed by. WAKE UP AND SNAP OUT OF IT!
My life is better. I work, have insurance, receive no government assistance, and hope to until I retire. You cant convince me its worse now. Nothing to snap out of.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#73912 Jan 11, 2013
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sticking with my word and no no calling, as it seems only one republican is conserved about our children and I respect him for that. Seems to me politics aren't first. I'm impressed.
But let's just play out what republicans say, gun ban, civil war, Muslims take over, the US is gone. Leader if the free world, the worlds police... If this were true, why is the stock market hammering away? If we're so in debt how can there be so much money to be spent there? Anyway.. So Wall Street is making huge bank getting ready for the end if the world. When American ends, the police force of the world, who protects the rich here making billions and trillions?? They'll be the first to go. No where on the planet they can hide. You think they're gonna let anything happen in the USA?? Never happen!!
So basically common sense says that argument doesn't work.
Now any other republicans want to voice opinions about making our kids safer??
You ain't GOT no common sense ...

Obituary of Common Sense

MY parents told me about Mr. Common Sense early in my life and told me I would do well to call on him when making decisions. It seems he was always around in my early years but less and less as time passed by. Today I read his obituary. Please join me in a moment of silence in remembrance, for Common Sense had served us all so well for so many generations.

Obituary
Common Sense

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Aspirin, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student, but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know my Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm a Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

http://thepocomokepubliceye.blogspot.com/2009...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#73913 Jan 11, 2013
worse wrote:
<quoted text>
Google and Fox news doesnt count. You spend more time posting lame music. Youll excuse me if I treat your antics the same way I treat the rest here. A futile effort to convince someone of something that will never happen.
YES, I do post a LOT of music ...

It helps me get by in these "trying" times ...!!!
It's also a learning experience ...
&
IT makes "me" Happy!

Instead of having to take a handful of "feel good" pills!!!!!

"you" no lik e
"you" NO LQQK e

Because "I" will continue ;0)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#73914 Jan 11, 2013
worse wrote:
<quoted text>
My life is better. I work, have insurance, receive no government assistance, and hope to until I retire. You cant convince me its worse now. Nothing to snap out of.
"you" happen to BE
"one" of the LUCKY ones then ...

LQQk around in your hometown, or take a look into other cities ...SEE what they ARE having to deal with !!! Might CHANGE your outlook on life a little ...

BTW have you NOTICED a DROP in your TAKE HOME pay ???
Thank the BIG 0 for THAT!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#73915 Jan 11, 2013
worse wrote:
<quoted text>
And who have you convinced that your ways are better? Noone. If anything, you have reinforced that anyone who voted for Obama made the better choice. Now you guys just want to whine for four years like the sore losers you are. Noone has to really blame Bush. His record speaks for itself, just as Obama's will. However, you would be an ignorant twatface to think his tenure had no impact on the nation's politics. He pushed more people from the party than anyone I can think of. I should know, Im one of them. And if you dont think your anti-pres drivel sounds equally annoying, then you have American Idol syndrome. Somerone has told you that you really are a pundit, but most of the people here are laughable.
bub, I for one will not be on here WHINING for 4 more years ...
I'm STILL waiting to SEE if he actually gets inaugurated!
I'm "optimistic" that WAY!...

IF he does and the Supreme Court case goes BUST ...
You can BET there will be WAR!
NOT wanting iT ...
Just expecting iT!

What say you on that!
You guys WILL have a FIGHT on your hands!

BET on it!

I know NOT when, but I will BET on it ...

It's Coming!
worse

Ashland, KY

#73916 Jan 11, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
YES, I do post a LOT of music ...
It helps me get by in these "trying" times ...!!!
It's also a learning experience ...
&
IT makes "me" Happy!
Instead of having to take a handful of "feel good" pills!!!!!
"you" no lik e
"you" NO LQQK e
Because "I" will continue ;0)
I dont look, but stop trying to act like republicans are the only informed ones, here or in the real world. And that is another point. This place is a toxic dump of inaccuracies and slanted news. Anyone who takes this thread seriously and as more than a place to yank the chain of the opposing party, well thats just a sad soul. 8===D--(0)(0)
worse

Ashland, KY

#73917 Jan 11, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
"you" happen to BE
"one" of the LUCKY ones then ...
LQQk around in your hometown, or take a look into other cities ...SEE what they ARE having to deal with !!! Might CHANGE your outlook on life a little ...
BTW have you NOTICED a DROP in your TAKE HOME pay ???
Thank the BIG 0 for THAT!
Actually, just landed a job at the local refinery (who happened to be doing a lot of hiring). My paycheck is better than ever. More people here are working. Thanks O! You should stop presuming to know so much and think we all gave it so bad. There are working, gun toting, educated democrats. YOU would do well to realize that you dont know as much about others surroundings or lives in general. 8===D--(o)(o)
worse

Ashland, KY

#73918 Jan 11, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
bub, I for one will not be on here WHINING for 4 more years ...
I'm STILL waiting to SEE if he actually gets inaugurated!
I'm "optimistic" that WAY!...
IF he does and the Supreme Court case goes BUST ...
You can BET there will be WAR!
NOT wanting iT ...
Just expecting iT!
What say you on that!
You guys WILL have a FIGHT on your hands!
BET on it!
I know NOT when, but I will BET on it ...
It's Coming!
You are the mayor of Crazytown. That's what I say. You should pick your battles with more thought. You should use the same vigilance the next time you select your candidates, too. 8===D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FBI seeks info on KY Public Corruption 13 min Amy 12
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 40 min Red_Forman 24,614
All americans , vote for trump, america first !... 42 min Red_Forman 18
Hillary Clinton OUR next President 5 hr Dud Spud 583
National College Nursing Program (Jan '15) 5 hr friend 3
Why Is Pikeville Gas So High, Pikeville Gas Nee... (Jan '15) 6 hr Gougers 93
My dog is a homosexual. 6 hr Yes He Is 9
Hey CHRIS HARRIS & LESLIE COMBS! 7 hr Chris Rules 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages