'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#62925 Nov 13, 2012
The United States is to become the worlds largest oil producer by 2020....

Step back, Saudi Arabia and Russia.

The U.S. will become the world's top producer of oil by 2020, a net exporter of oil around 2030 and nearly self-sufficient in energy by 2035, according to a new report from the International Energy Agency.

It's a bold set of predictions for a nation that currently imports some 20% of its energy needs.

Recently, however, an "energy renaissance" has begun in the U.S., marked by a boost in oil, shale gas and bioenergy production made possible by new technologies such as hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, and horizontal drilling, said the report by the Paris agency, which acts as an energy watchdog for industrialized nations.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#62926 Nov 13, 2012
American Lady

Danville, KY

#62927 Nov 13, 2012
Enigma wrote:
You all do understand that when you post a you tube link that only says you tube watch. That will only take a person to the you tube page & NOT a particular site. You know that right.?
You know a person has to shuffle through crap to figure out what you were trying to show them don't cha? So what's the point to reference you tube if you can't send them straight to the link?
I just don't get that can you explain?
Mine takes you to a video E ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#62928 Nov 13, 2012
Dear John wrote:
Let Secession begin......
Everyone that is mad about the election can secede from the United States and start your own republic. I'm sure Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas etc. would gladly follow.
Let your states take a vote and decide what you want to do.
Hopefully, you'll leave!!!
WE "won't be leaving!
IF you want to STAY ...
"you" will have to COMPROMISE!:)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#62929 Nov 13, 2012
The "state of Kentucky" doesn't MOVE ... dumbazz
Enigma

Elizabethtown, KY

#62930 Nov 13, 2012
How about that song of Bruce hornsby's called "the Way it is".
You know...."standing in line waitin for the welfare dime...cause they can't find a job...etc etc.
Enigma

Elizabethtown, KY

#62931 Nov 13, 2012
American Lady wrote:
The "state of Kentucky" doesn't MOVE ... dumbazz
heeheehee. They don't get it that if we secede that puts us in charge of us. We don't leave. We gain control..... Haha.

“Not in the $#IT Business!”

Since: Nov 12

Indianapolis, IN

#62933 Nov 13, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>It takes real fortituide to stand against the corrupt evil Rethuglicans and defeat them soundly AGAIN!
Democrats won by rigging the highest population centers. How else would you explain a state like Ohio where 88 counties total and Obama wins 16 and then wins the state? Of the Counties that make up the United States some had more Obama votes than were actually registered to vote! 112% is pretty damned suspicious to me!

How did Obama do in Kentucky?
Enigma

Elizabethtown, KY

#62934 Nov 13, 2012
Dang it is freezing out there. Literally. I don't like this cold weather too much. It's 75 in Florida. I miss home.
I don't recall it being this cold normally for November. It seems just too cold already. Burr. Need to build a fire in fireplace I guess

Did you guys hear about that NY mayor using one the Sandy emergency victim generators to keep his ice cream frozen in his ice cream store? NUTS.
Enigma

Elizabethtown, KY

#62936 Nov 13, 2012
Country Fried Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats won by rigging the highest population centers. How else would you explain a state like Ohio where 88 counties total and Obama wins 16 and then wins the state? Of the Counties that make up the United States some had more Obama votes than were actually registered to vote! 112% is pretty damned suspicious to me!
He LOST big in Kentucky. Kentucky is big time full of conservatives!!
antiamericain

Bowling Green, KY

#62937 Nov 13, 2012
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. The Senate Republicans filibustered a bill that extended the middle class tax cuts because THEY didn't want to vote on it before fall break. It would mess up all their campaign literature and commercials blaming the Democrats for the "largest tax increase in history" nevermind that it was the Republicans that put in the expiration date for the tax cuts.
Yes, but obama keeps signing them! go china!!!!
mehen

Winchester, KY

#62938 Nov 13, 2012
Enigma wrote:
What idiots don't get, is that the super rich will still be rich after all is said & done.
OK, so then why worry about them being uber rich, or richer?
Enigma wrote:
The rest of us.....ALL the rest of us... the middle class, the lower middle class....and the poor......we will ALL be in the SAME boat.
OK, so we're all in the same boat because the middles class is shrinking while the upper and lower classes are growing disproportionately because there are more with fewer resources and fewer with more resources.
Enigma wrote:
Problem is.....no one will have a paddle, after awhile.
your first statement contradicts this statement. you claimed the rich would continue to get richer.
Enigma wrote:
It does no good to drag everyone down to the same level because ....then, no one is left to help you out.
but you stated that the richer would continue to get rich. this doesn't make logical sense because you're now claiming everyone would be at the same level. if this is true then wouldn't resources be distributed more equitably, or should the poor be deprived of what god gives freely to everyone?
Enigma wrote:
That way, anything at all can & will be dictated to us. Which is the whole point.
but if the rich have all the resources and the poor have little to none, aren't they going to be dictating who gets what and in what proportion; especially if that society becomes a oligarchy?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#62939 Nov 13, 2012
Enigma wrote:
How about that song of Bruce hornsby's called "the Way it is".
You know...."standing in line waitin for the welfare dime...cause they can't find a job...etc etc.
Just for You E :)
&fe ature=related

“Not in the $#IT Business!”

Since: Nov 12

Indianapolis, IN

#62940 Nov 13, 2012
Here is a link to "Wood" county, Ohio = 108%

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publicat...

This is how we cut through Dem-Dribble Bull $#IT!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#62941 Nov 13, 2012
Country Fried Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Kentucky is insignificant and so are the other southern states. They are just welfare states that depend on the working states to keep them up!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#62942 Nov 13, 2012
gnadir

Winchester, KY

#62943 Nov 13, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Congress makeup of Bush
When President Bush took office, the Senate was split 50-50 between the Democrats and Republicans. With VP Cheney's tiebreaking vote, the Republicans controlled the Senate until Senator Jim Jeffords from Vermont switched from a Republican to an Independent in June 2001 and sided with the Democrats, which controlled that Chamber until November, 2002.
The following is cut and pasted from the official Senate website http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/history/one_... :
106th Congress (1999-2001)
Majority Party: Republican (55 seats)
Minority Party: Democrat (45 seats)
Other Parties: 0
Total Seats: 100
Note: As the 106th Congress began, the division was 55 Republican seats and 45 Democratic seats, but this changed to 54-45 on July 13, 1999 when Senator Bob Smith of New Hampshire switched from the Republican party to Independent status. On November 1, 1999, Smith announced his return to the Republican party, making the division once more 55 Republicans and 45 Democrats. Following the death of Senator Paul Coverdell (R-GA) on July 18, 2000, the balance shifted again, to 54 Republicans and 46 Democrats, when the governor appointed Zell Miller, a Democrat, to fill the vacancy.
but why leave out the house of representatives?

republicans held a majority in the 106 congressional house

republicans held a majority in the 107 congressional house

republicans held a majority in the 108 congressional house

republicans held a majority in the 109 congressional house

democrats held a majority in the 110 congressional house

democrats held a majority in the 111 congressional house

republicans held a majority in the 112 congressional house

republicans hold a majority in the 113 congressional house
American Lady

Danville, KY

#62944 Nov 13, 2012
I Who Have Nothing
&fe ature=related
American Lady

Danville, KY

#62945 Nov 13, 2012
SAVE THE LAST DANCE FOR ME
&fe ature=related
Enigma

Elizabethtown, KY

#62946 Nov 13, 2012
So did you guys hear about the woman who ran over her husband with their SUV because he wouldn't go vote? Sure did. She pinned him under the truck against a curb. He's in critical condition.
How's that for stating your seriousness of voting? Nuts huh!! Wow.

Tell that nut who posted a reply to me to go get some ready comprehension skills.
I said the rich will STAY rich. Didn't say they'd get richer. Heck they'll just move to another country probably. Read much? Waaahaha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min SNYB 131,398
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 13 min Help 12,811
Mitch is for Mitch 1 hr Well 2
War on Coal 1 hr Well 10
Lonely Women/Craigslist (Apr '14) 2 hr big rod 4
teco coal 4 hr truth out 7
Kip Sanders & Denise Chaney 5 hr Funny 9
Arrogance Bulling of Pikeville HS 6 hr truth out 9
The First To Fall ??? 7 hr deez 9
What is the reason that the BOE elections are s... 8 hr In agreement 37