Comments
1 - 20 of 226 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2013
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Never Was

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Never was and never will be.
Question

Teaberry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Never Was wrote:
Never was and never will be.
hat's your opinion.
Wrong

Virgie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Never Was wrote:
Never was and never will be.
You are so wrong and not to bright either. From the time this nation was started on the United States money it has
"In God We Trust". That is one of the reasons why our forefathers left England so we could have freedom of religion. So if you are trying to start an arguement know a little about the subject.
Kar

Gdansk, Poland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 20, 2013
 
usa is nation of complete moral degradation and degeneration, which is spread everywhere by this country,all over the world and especially for all countries of stupid, brainless, criminal sidekickers of usa.
wrong

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>You are so wrong and not to bright either. From the time this nation was started on the United States money it has
"In God We Trust". That is one of the reasons why our forefathers left England so we could have freedom of religion. So if you are trying to start an arguement know a little about the subject.
From Treasury Department records it appears that the first suggestion that God be recognized on U.S. coinage can be traced to a letter addressed to the Secretary of Treasury from a minister in 1861. An Act of Congress, approved on April 11, 1864, authorized the coinage of two-cent coins upon which the motto first appeared.

The motto was omitted from the new gold coins issued in 1907, causing a storm of public criticism. As a result, legislation passed in May 1908 made "In God We Trust" mandatory on all coins on which it had previously appeared.

Legislation approved July 11, 1955, made the appearance of "In God We Trust" mandatory on all coins and paper currency of the United States. By Act of July 30, 1956, "In God We Trust" became the national motto of the United States.

Several years ago, the appearance of "In God We Trust" on our money was challenged in the federal courts. The challenge was rejected by the lower federal courts, and the Supreme Court of the United States declined to review the case.

seems like u actually know nothing about US history, go read some facts instead of what the church teaches and u might know the real reason the USA came to be. it was to get away from the church ruled countries of Europe back then. we were a country for almost 100 yrs b4 in god we trust was used so that is all the proof u need that the forefathers didnt support your god. it was long after they were dead that the church could finally get enuf ppl immigrated here in order to pull the weight in their favor. this country never was founded on christian anything and it shoudlnt even be a part of discussions now. sorry christians but u are not the reason that the usa was formed, u are the reason the ppl that formed the usa ran from europe.....fact.

ps- the pledge of allegiance didnt have one nation under god in the original penned version either. it was added to it in the 50's as well becuz of our particular handling of the cold war and the politics involved in makin us the good guys and russia the bad guys. this is all simple american history u should have learned in high school actually. its amazing how the church takes real facts and changes them to say what they want then they claim one of their commandments is thou shall not lie...lol. kinda smackin your god right in the face with your "facts" here.
Shane

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Never Was wrote:
Never was and never will be.
If so, that wouldn't cause me any worry. If no one else in this nation is, was or ever would be a Christian, I'd still be one. I don't follow anyone's lead anyway.
Hmmmmm

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>You are so wrong and not to bright either. From the time this nation was started on the United States money it has
"In God We Trust". That is one of the reasons why our forefathers left England so we could have freedom of religion. So if you are trying to start an arguement know a little about the subject.
It does not say which " God " though.
Wrong

Virgie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not say which " God " though.
That is just stupid there is only one God.
Wrong

Virgie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
From Treasury Department records it appears that the first suggestion that God be recognized on U.S. coinage can be traced to a letter addressed to the Secretary of Treasury from a minister in 1861. An Act of Congress, approved on April 11, 1864, authorized the coinage of two-cent coins upon which the motto first appeared.
The motto was omitted from the new gold coins issued in 1907, causing a storm of public criticism. As a result, legislation passed in May 1908 made "In God We Trust" mandatory on all coins on which it had previously appeared.
Legislation approved July 11, 1955, made the appearance of "In God We Trust" mandatory on all coins and paper currency of the United States. By Act of July 30, 1956, "In God We Trust" became the national motto of the United States.
Several years ago, the appearance of "In God We Trust" on our money was challenged in the federal courts. The challenge was rejected by the lower federal courts, and the Supreme Court of the United States declined to review the case.
seems like u actually know nothing about US history, go read some facts instead of what the church teaches and u might know the real reason the USA came to be. it was to get away from the church ruled countries of Europe back then. we were a country for almost 100 yrs b4 in god we trust was used so that is all the proof u need that the forefathers didnt support your god. it was long after they were dead that the church could finally get enuf ppl immigrated here in order to pull the weight in their favor. this country never was founded on christian anything and it shoudlnt even be a part of discussions now. sorry christians but u are not the reason that the usa was formed, u are the reason the ppl that formed the usa ran from europe.....fact.
ps- the pledge of allegiance didnt have one nation under god in the original penned version either. it was added to it in the 50's as well becuz of our particular handling of the cold war and the politics involved in makin us the good guys and russia the bad guys. this is all simple american history u should have learned in high school actually. its amazing how the church takes real facts and changes them to say what they want then they claim one of their commandments is thou shall not lie...lol. kinda smackin your god right in the face with your "facts" here.
Are you an idiot that just looked all this up on the internet before you transcribed it? My point was that this nation was started for freedom of religion which was one of several reasons why. The motto on the money was an example of what our forefathers stood for which was God. So next time you try and be a smartass read the post at least three or four times, thats what it will take for you so you can get the point ok.
ProMTR

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>Are you an idiot that just looked all this up on the internet before you transcribed it? My point was that this nation was started for freedom of religion which was one of several reasons why. The motto on the money was an example of what our forefathers stood for which was God. So next time you try and be a smartass read the post at least three or four times, thats what it will take for you so you can get the point ok.
I don't know if he just looked that info up or not but know he made you look like the idiot. With your own argument at that. You go on about freedom of religion then come right back with Christian nonsense.
Rob

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Thought I would link my cut and paste that covers my two cents on the subject. Last paragraph is the key.

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/4215-should...

When Obama was sworn in on Sunday, he requested that Justice John Roberts end the oath with "so help me God." The phrase is optional - it isn't required as part of the president's swearing in, but it's been used by every president since 1881. Atheists have battled against the phrase, claiming that it violates the constitutional ban on government "endorsements" of religion. Activist Michael Newdow of California brought a challenge against the phrase that made it as far as the Supreme Court, who declined to hear the case in 2011. There's a myth that "so help me God" dates back to George Washington's oath of office, but it's been debunked by historians at the Library of Congress.
However, there's always been a lot of mention made of God at inaugurations. George Washington's inauguration speech "began with 'fervent supplications' to the 'Almighty Being' and concluded by seeking God's 'divine blessing' for the nation, writes Cathy Lynn Grossman at Religion News Service.
Big Earl

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>Are you an idiot that just looked all this up on the internet before you transcribed it? My point was that this nation was started for freedom of religion which was one of several reasons why. The motto on the money was an example of what our forefathers stood for which was God. So next time you try and be a smartass read the post at least three or four times, thats what it will take for you so you can get the point ok.
You just got your ass handed to you, lol. People like you are one of the main reasons people hate Christians.

You are free to worship whom ever you want. So let other people have the same choice without your condescending attitude.
Wrong

Virgie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Big Earl wrote:
<quoted text>
You just got your ass handed to you, lol. People like you are one of the main reasons people hate Christians.
You are free to worship whom ever you want. So let other people have the same choice without your condescending attitude.
No you are an idiot. The whole forum was that this nation was not a Christian nation when in fact it is. I did not say anything about who or what people can or can't worship. I don't have an attitude about nothing I'm just stating that this nation was a Christian nation. If you hate Christians its not people like me its your own fault. If you ar not smaert enough to stick to the subject then stay off here.
Wrong

Virgie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

ProMTR wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if he just looked that info up or not but know he made you look like the idiot. With your own argument at that. You go on about freedom of religion then come right back with Christian nonsense.
Where was there Christian nonsense you idiot you. All I said was this is a Christian nation and was founded that way. For your information this country was also established so stupid people like you can say stupid things on a public forum lol. If you are no smarter than that then stay off here.
Big Earl

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>No you are an idiot. The whole forum was that this nation was not a Christian nation when in fact it is. I did not say anything about who or what people can or can't worship. I don't have an attitude about nothing I'm just stating that this nation was a Christian nation. If you hate Christians its not people like me its your own fault. If you ar not smaert enough to stick to the subject then stay off here.
You just proved my point, thank you.
Alley Oops

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Big Earl wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved my point, thank you.
big Earl SUCKS
Johnny Pennington

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Big Earl the muslin.
Johnny Pennington

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I'm so dumb i can't even spell Muslim.A muslin is a piece of fabric that is made in India just so you know.
Big Earl

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ohh, wow, you two really told me off good didn't you? Is that the best arguments you two have?
hroola

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 20, 2013
 
youtube.com/watch...
Us is not a Christian Nation that sucks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

91 Users are viewing the Pikeville Forum right now

Search the Pikeville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 17 min ChromiuMan 128,592
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 36 min Sally Brown 21,118
Landmark 43 min Sorry 8
Pharmacy Tech (Jan '14) 1 hr all seeing eye 2
The Story Of My Life In Song (Jan '14) 1 hr MUSICK-NESS 70
songs with numbers in the title (Aug '11) 1 hr MUSICK-NESS 125
Cover songs (Jul '11) 1 hr MUSICK-NESS 715
paris cowboy = music 2 hr MUSICK-NESS 73
Dr Thad Manning (Feb '12) 5 hr Jack 40
•••
•••
•••
Pikeville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pikeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pikeville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••