Is The Collapse Of Catholicism Imminent?
wtf

Nerinx, KY

#42 Feb 13, 2013
KELLERMAN wrote:
<quoted text> It appears that you post continuously and your ignorance shows.
Yet another illiterate Repub stupid.
TRUTH

London, KY

#43 Feb 13, 2013
People need to stop looking to Popes and Preachers for Hope, and start looking to GOD Himself for Hope. PEOPLE can't save your soul. Only GOD can.

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

Since: Jan 13

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#44 Feb 13, 2013
TRUTH wrote:
People need to stop looking to Popes and Preachers for Hope, and start looking to GOD Himself for Hope. PEOPLE can't save your soul. Only GOD can.
Amen! The braindwashed Catholic Cultists can make whatever claims they want but the false doctrines they embrace may just damn them
given time. They DO worship (aka "venerate") Jesus' Mother Mary as
well as certain Saints and they DO practice Ritualism/Rituals. It's
easy to see how it's going to be the base religion used to implement
the One World Religion that will coincide with and support the A.C.
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

#45 Feb 14, 2013
SWINE SLAYER wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! The braindwashed Catholic Cultists can make whatever claims they want but the false doctrines they embrace may just damn them
A C

Lmfao
Lmfao
Lmfao

You little Mommy.s boy.
Ron Paul 2016

United States

#47 Feb 14, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>A C
Lmfao
Lmfao
Lmfao
You little Mommy.s boy.
All of the Catholics are against Barack Obama's Health Care Law!
Ron Paul 2016

United States

#48 Feb 14, 2013
Is the collapse of all religions imminent?! The answer is YES!
Hmmm

United States

#49 Feb 14, 2013
Ron Paul 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? LOL!
Ron Paul 2016

United States

#50 Feb 14, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? LOL!
Check it out on the news!
Hmmm

United States

#51 Feb 14, 2013
Guess I converted to something else in my sleep. Can't be.

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#52 Feb 14, 2013
Ron Paul 2016 wrote:
Is the collapse of all religions imminent?! The answer is YES!
Let's hope so for Organized Religion itself is a man-made institution that has done a lot to prevent people from actually developing genuine relationships with God. It is hindered when some "middle man" human tries to tell people what God's Will is or how they're supposed to live or not live, etc.
Early Cuyler

Whitesburg, KY

#53 Feb 14, 2013
SWINE SLAYER wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's hope so for Organized Religion itself is a man-made institution that has done a lot to prevent people from actually developing genuine relationships with God. It is hindered when some "middle man" human tries to tell people what God's Will is or how they're supposed to live or not live, etc.
It also creates way to much fanaticism, fanaticism + ignorant person = dangerous person. Also a fanatic will more times than not, drive people away from God in anger and hatred, which places the blood of that lost person on the fanatics hands.
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

#54 Feb 14, 2013
Ron Paul 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are all child molesters.

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#55 Feb 14, 2013
Early Cuyler wrote:
<quoted text>
It also creates way to much fanaticism, fanaticism + ignorant person = dangerous person. Also a fanatic will more times than not, drive people away from God in anger and hatred, which places the blood of that lost person on the fanatics hands.
I agree, E.C. We see exactly what you said now in the hordes of jaded people or Atheists that seem unable to differentiate a genuine Christian from the hordes of hypocrites that claim to be Christians yet based on their own actions, apparently aren't. Look at all the hateful claims where people attack all Christians because of what some phony has said or done. That is exactly why I personally base all my relations with others on a one-to-one platform where I treat them as they treat me and don't stereotype or condemn them for what OTHERS have said or done. I think it's quite revealing of a person's overall maturity and intellectual abilities if they're unable to deal with people as the individual they are instead of writing them off based on others actions and not theirs.
get your facts straight

Lebanon, KY

#56 Feb 14, 2013
SWINE SLAYER wrote:
<quoted text>Amen! The braindwashed Catholic Cultists can make whatever claims they want but the false doctrines they embrace may just damn them
Once again, get your facts straight. Venerate by definition is to regard with great respect......not worship.

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#57 Feb 15, 2013
get your facts straight wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, get your facts straight. Venerate by definition is to regard with great respect......not worship.
And worship doesn't "regard (someone) with great respect"? Pssh, this is such small potatoes and clearly beyond your meager comprehension but here you go anyway..

Dictionary.com defines both words like this basically:

Worship: adoring REVERENCE or regard paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.

Venerate: to hold in deep respect; REVERE in recognition of qualities of holiness, excellence, wisdom, etc.

So there you have it. When Catholics VENERATE someone/something OTHER than God Almighty then they are clearly WORSHIPING that person/object. It seems that clueless Get Your Facts Straight should actually
PRACTICE what they preach.
Hmmm

Florence, MA

#58 Feb 15, 2013
SWINE SLAYER wrote:
<quoted text>
And worship doesn't "regard (someone) with great respect"? Pssh, this is such small potatoes and clearly beyond your meager comprehension but here you go anyway..
Dictionary.com defines both words like this basically:
Worship: adoring REVERENCE or regard paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.
Venerate: to hold in deep respect; REVERE in recognition of qualities of holiness, excellence, wisdom, etc.
So there you have it. When Catholics VENERATE someone/something OTHER than God Almighty then they are clearly WORSHIPING that person/object. It seems that clueless Get Your Facts Straight should actually
PRACTICE what they preach.
I also venerate my parents and grandparents for their qualities of excellence and wisdom and good example. Do I think they're gods? Nope.

If you can't tell the difference between admiring someone who is a role model and worshipping a deity, you need to start over. Something was left out of your education. I like the saints, and not one of them was a perfect Christian, but each one reflected Christian virtues worth emulating.

We don't pray to statues, either. Get a grip.

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#59 Feb 15, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I also venerate my parents and grandparents for their qualities of excellence and wisdom and good example. Do I think they're gods? Nope.
If you can't tell the difference between admiring someone who is a role model and worshipping a deity, you need to start over. Something was left out of your education. I like the saints, and not one of them was a perfect Christian, but each one reflected Christian virtues worth emulating.
Twist and warp all you want but the facts speak for themselves. Catholics are conducting cultish rituals and misplaced worship of entities OTHER than God..and I don't mean parents. I always get the biggest kick of all out you types that always resort to trying to belittle someone's education or mental faculties when the truth comes out about something and you don't like it. So what do you do? You
don't debate or repudiate the actual facts that have exposed your brainwashed, cultish state of being..you just try to dismiss away the person revealing the truth as somehow being uneducated or mentally deficit, whatever. Oh well, it does NOT alter the facts one single iota.
Brainiac

Whitesburg, KY

#60 Feb 15, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen many Catholics prostrate themselves before statues kissing its feet. The same as they do their false prophet the poop, I mean pope. You fools have been blinded to the point that you are worshipping them and don't even realize you are doing it sometimes.
Hmmm

Florence, MA

#61 Feb 15, 2013
Not much of a foot kisser. We use ritual to bring to mind events. I like it, having been brought up in a whitewashed, no-frills Protestant church.

Come to think of it, that church had rituals, too, and they considered it sacrilege if you took communion and hadn't first been "saved" or dunked. They were quite fussy about the dunking ritual, and they insisted that God heard only prayers that ended,"in Jesus' name, amen". Otherwise, one supposes they were returned with postage due or something. Also, if the pastor's voice didn't go all trembly, or if you didn't shut your eyes when he prayed, well...postage due.

So Prots are just more subtle about their use of sacramentals, except for the good old Anglicans and Lutherans, who started that whole Prot proliferation.

I like my religion simple, direct, and physical. If you don't like the "smells and bells", we won't tell you you're going to hell. Regardless of forms and formulae, the validity of your faith lies in how it transforms your heart. All the rest is window dressing.

But I imagine Jesus was rather fond of his mom. He remembered to see to her future welfare while he was dying.

So you make whatever you want of Catholicism. Doesn't matter. We honestly don't have to justify our practices to you.
Brainiac

Whitesburg, KY

#62 Feb 15, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
So you make whatever you want of Catholicism. Doesn't matter. We honestly don't have to justify our practices to you.
But you will to God, and you're screwed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 44 min ChromiuMan 174,791
News Police: Mother Arrested After Child Found Malno... 5 hr watchingyou 5
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 9 hr Kyboy 6,396
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 9 hr ALV 27,767
Bevin & Trump (Saviors of the Kentucky State & ... 11 hr Seer 5
b e v i n will be r e - e l e c t e d 12 hr Seer 4
Bevins And Trump Will NOT be Re-Elected, Fools ... 13 hr OVER BABY 214
Alcohol/Hillbilly Days 17 hr Yep 18

Pikeville Jobs

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages