Is The Collapse Of Catholicism Imminent?

Is The Collapse Of Catholicism Imminent?

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

Since: Jan 13

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#1 Feb 11, 2013
It has been announced that the current Pope (Pope Bendict XVI) will resign his position on Feb. 28th so I wonder: Are we going to witness the collapse of Catholicism in our lifetime? I do not mean to insult anyone but let me state that personally, I believe Catholicism is a Cult basically (same as Mormonism).
It's a "religion" that worships entities OTHER then God, icons, and is plagued with ritualism. It is nothing like the institution that Jesus' disciple Peter began so long ago. However, over time The Vatican/Catholic Religion has been plagued with severe problems and scandals and many people have abandoned it altogether in recent years. They cite specific issues such as the child sex abuse
scandals and cover-ups, as well as their view on women and women's issues, homosexuality, and other policies. With such a "falling away" in effect, so much in fact that the current Pope is leaving, I wonder
if we will see the collapse of Catholicism imminently?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/11/pope-be...
Early Cuyler

Whitesburg, KY

#2 Feb 11, 2013
It may well collapse, and in my opinion turn into the false one world religion spoke of in the book of Revelation. With the Pope, being the false prophet, who ushers in the Antichrist (Obama ?).

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#3 Feb 11, 2013
Early Cuyler wrote:
It may well collapse, and in my opinion turn into the false one world religion spoke of in the book of Revelation. With the Pope, being the false prophet, who ushers in the Antichrist (Obama ?).
Funny you say that because I too believe it may be the False Religion as well. Several Popes have supported Ecumenical Doctrines that try to draw in and unite all religions into one world religion ( i.e. Chrislam for example) but who knows? Only time will tell I suppose....
wtf

Richmond, KY

#4 Feb 11, 2013
SWINE SLAYER wrote:
It has been announced that the current Pope (Pope Bendict XVI) will resign his position on Feb. 28th so I wonder: Are we going to witness the collapse of Catholicism in our lifetime? I do not mean to insult anyone but let me state that personally, I believe Catholicism is a Cult basically (same as Mormonism).
It's a "religion" that worships entities OTHER then God, icons, and is plagued with ritualism. It is nothing like the institution that Jesus' disciple Peter began so long ago. However, over time The Vatican/Catholic Religion has been plagued with severe problems and scandals and many people have abandoned it altogether in recent years. They cite specific issues such as the child sex abuse
scandals and cover-ups, as well as their view on women and women's issues, homosexuality, and other policies. With such a "falling away" in effect, so much in fact that the current Pope is leaving, I wonder
if we will see the collapse of Catholicism imminently?
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/02/11/pope-be...
Why? Are you going to sit on it?
Early Cuyler

Whitesburg, KY

#5 Feb 11, 2013
wtf

Richmond, KY

#6 Feb 11, 2013
Early Cuyler wrote:
Ewwwwwwww that was soooo scary.
Early Cuyler

Whitesburg, KY

#7 Feb 11, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Ewwwwwwww that was soooo scary.
And you want what from me now ? To engage you in your repetitive, one liners that never change ? Maybe if you would actually come up with new material every now and again, it might be fun enough to argue with you. You try to hard to be a troll son, and you fail miserably at it. You are beneath me, and I'll not waste my time arguing with my lessers. This will be my last post to you, unless, you can start being a bit more original. Good day, sir!
wtf

Richmond, KY

#8 Feb 11, 2013
Early Cuyler wrote:
<quoted text>
And you want what from me now ? To engage you in your repetitive, one liners that never change ? Maybe if you would actually come up with new material every now and again, it might be fun enough to argue with you. You try to hard to be a troll son, and you fail miserably at it. You are beneath me, and I'll not waste my time arguing with my lessers. This will be my last post to you, unless, you can start being a bit more original. Good day, sir!
You thought someone would respect you when you implied that the American President was the Anti-Christ?

Good day child.

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#9 Feb 11, 2013
Early Cuyler wrote:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?fea ture=related&v=cRv9VxpHC7I
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Ill admit some of it may be a reach, but a lot of it is spot on.
I will say this: IDK if he's the actual Anti-Christ yet but he does possess many of the qualities the AC is warned to have. The power of the spoken word for one and the ability to enthrall multitudes of people to follow/support him without question. So much to a point they will not even acknowledge when he does something hypocritical or going against his campaign promises, against American values, etc. The world itself praises and exalts him for basically no real reason at all.
Hmmm

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Feb 11, 2013
No, the Catholic Church is not on the brink of collapse. Stop salivating. The College of Cardinals will elect a new pope. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Catholics worship the Trinity and believe that Christ is the second person. Read the Nicene Creed. It's what Catholics believe. We don't worship anyone but God. We honor the saints. We don't "worship" them.

Stop reading Jack Chick and try cracking a real book. Good grief. Same old worn-out accusations.
hog farmer

Pikeville, KY

#11 Feb 11, 2013
i hope the collapse of old white men telling young fertile women what they should do in cases of unplanned pregnancies is imminent
i also hope old white men stop trying to tell young fertile couples it is wrong of them to use birth control
and also stop telling gay people that what they do in the bedroom is wrong
its no ones business but the person living it
Hmmm

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Feb 11, 2013
Do you see a lot of large Catholic families in this country? Birth control may not be approved, but very few Catholics pay much attention to the "old men" on that subject.
hog farmer

Pikeville, KY

#13 Feb 11, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
Do you see a lot of large Catholic families in this country? Birth control may not be approved, but very few Catholics pay much attention to the "old men" on that subject.
just like the united states government, they shouldnt have a say in it period
it isnt a religious issue and it isnt a state issue
its a personal issue
and should be left at that

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#15 Feb 11, 2013
hog farmer wrote:
<quoted text>just like the united states government, they shouldnt have a say in it period
it isnt a religious issue and it isnt a state issue
its a personal issue
and should be left at that
I happen to agree with you on that. Abortion is between a woman and God, period. I am sick of seeing men try to dictate it one way or the other and more importantly, use the issue as a political stepping stone. Gov't. has NO business in the abortion issue either way yet politicians are made or broken on that issue alone at times.
hog farmer

Pikeville, KY

#16 Feb 11, 2013
SWINE SLAYER wrote:
<quoted text>
I happen to agree with you on that. Abortion is between a woman and God, period. I am sick of seeing men try to dictate it one way or the other and more importantly, use the issue as a political stepping stone. Gov't. has NO business in the abortion issue either way yet politicians are made or broken on that issue alone at times.
well the only thing i see differently about it than you, is that its an issue between a woman and her doctor
god has no role in it, putting god in it, just like with everything else, invokes feelings of guilt and fear
that is what the church is good for

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#17 Feb 11, 2013
Churches are merely buildings. God IS.

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#18 Feb 12, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
No, the Catholic Church is not on the brink of collapse. Stop salivating. The College of Cardinals will elect a new pope. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Catholics worship the Trinity and believe that Christ is the second person. Read the Nicene Creed. It's what Catholics believe. We don't worship anyone but God. We honor the saints. We don't "worship" them.
Stop reading Jack Chick and try cracking a real book. Good grief. Same old worn-out accusations.
No idea who Jack Chick even is and I'm quite familiar with the Nicene Creed, thank you.
Catholicism is chock full of ritualism and doctrines having nothing to do with actual
Christianity per say. And don't tell me Catholics don't worship Jesus' Mother Mary and certain Saints. Sure, you all use the term "venerate" but it's actually worship when you
get right down to it and as any true Christian knows: We are to worship God and ONLY God.
Hmmm

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Feb 12, 2013
Read the Nicene Creed. It's what Catholics believe.
I can't help your adamantine ignorance.
Early Cuyler

Whitesburg, KY

#20 Feb 12, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
Read the Nicene Creed. It's what Catholics believe.
I can't help your adamantine ignorance.
The Catholics do things daily that are in direct opposition to what Jesus said. Calling someone else father, worshipping idols, praying to things other than God, confessing sins to a mere man, I, could go on and on, don't get me started on the False prophet the Poop, er I, mean the Pope. That man if he doesn't straighten up will burn in the deepest and hottest parts of hell.

If you are a catholic, run while you can, open the Bible and actually read what God says. Not what some man says who's only goal is get rich and to be powerful. The Poop does not care about your soul, only the power of the false church.
wtf

Elkhorn City, KY

#21 Feb 12, 2013
SWINE SLAYER wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say this: IDK if he's the actual Anti-Christ yet but he does possess many of the qualities the AC is warned to have. The power of the spoken word for one and the ability to enthrall multitudes of people to follow/support him without question. So much to a point they will not even acknowledge when he does something hypocritical or going against his campaign promises, against American values, etc. The world itself praises and exalts him for basically no real reason at all.
American values include work you sorry pos.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Wisdom of God 170,578
Amy, let's set you up on a date with this man 17 min truth 13
Word Association (Aug '11) 34 min Princess Hey 7,896
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 35 min Princess Hey 26,912
Three word game (Mar '09) 36 min Princess Hey 3,282
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 1 hr Kyboy 6,023
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 3 hr Abe 39,053
If you REALLY want to get mad over PROPERTY TAX... 16 hr Its gotta get better 31
Pike Central Basketball Under Investigation? 16 hr Well 43

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages