Next Last
Ex factory worker

Pikeville, KY

#1 Apr 10, 2009
how many people are currently working or have worked at kelloggs
If U Only Knew

Georgetown, KY

#2 Apr 10, 2009
My fiancee use to work there, but he was in the office as an intern.

Since: Mar 09

United States

#3 Apr 10, 2009
I have... but just for about four pay days...very disappointed how it turned out..They should train people on the floor before they turn them loose ..so to speak.. it is ok to learn all about the company etc. but it is MORE important to learn about how things go there ....the people you work with.... The way they do things..I feel they should have about two people on each line to totally train the new hires...
Ex factory worker

Pikeville, KY

#4 Apr 10, 2009
I agree training was lacking when I was there, It felt like they threw people in the water and said sink or swim
fired

Pikeville, KY

#5 Jun 9, 2009
Ex factory worker wrote:
I agree training was lacking when I was there, It felt like they threw people in the water and said sink or swim
My husband was fired this year after several suspensions for bogus stuff.
Pillsbury

Paris, KY

#6 Jun 9, 2009
Never made enough dough, and I really knead it. They fired me for sticking my finger in puddin but hey! they fired her too!...lol
lovesky

United States

#7 Jun 9, 2009
FUNNY!!!
anon

Belfry, KY

#8 Jun 12, 2009
well here's my story i found out during lunch i had a family emergency and i had to leave early, i asked the manager if i could go to the hospital and they said it was okay. then i came in the next day and they pulled me in the office and suspended me saying i never told anyone i was leaving (which was a lie) and said i needed to schedule a meeting with HR. they walked me out of the building with security guards like i was some sort of criminal. it was one of the most embarrassing experiences of my life. i figure okay i'll just tell HR what happened and everything will be okay. so HR calls and tells me to come in a couple days later. i go in and they tell me the manager i told i was leaving was on vacation and i would have to wait until he gets back so they can ask him about it, only after that can they tell me how long i'm supposed to be suspended, even after i told them my aunt was on her death bed and i had never gotten an "event". so i called a few days later to see what was going on or when i can come back to work, the manager's still on vacation. finally i gave up because i was running out of money and my kids were hungry so i got my old job back somewhere else. it was a couple weeks later when they finally decided to call me and tell me to come in for yet another meeting when i just told them to shove it. what time i was off a friend told me they were going back to 8 hour days and cutting out all overtime so i would be getting a 200 dollar a week pay cut. the pay was always good at the job but trust me i earned every cent, the conditions are very dangerous and if you get hurt YOU get suspended for it. i saw a lady get her fingertip cut off by a machine that was faulty and she had to hide it and sneak to the bathroom to fix it to avoid the managers finding out. people are scared to say when they get hurt, which is a real shame because you are constantly at risk for injury in that unsafe environment. there are a million more things i could say about this place but i'll stop here...i will say that all the people that i worked with were really really nice and they deserve to be treated better, but i predict that place will be shut down soon anyway. to the people who mentioned bogus suspensions, i definitely believe you! that's my experience with kelloggs.
whoknows

Pikeville, KY

#9 Jun 12, 2009
And now after that detailed explanation of your problems there; no one at Kelloggs has any idea who you are
everyting nice

Irvine, KY

#10 Jun 13, 2009
My dad works there and he seems to think that they are just not going to replace anyone who quits or gets fired and just work everyone that is left in order to cut back on the amount of benefits that they have to pay. He said they are working him to death.
Phat T

United States

#11 Jun 13, 2009
Do you still have to apply at employment office or now at the factory itself? Does anyone know if they are hiring? My team just lost our contract at ACS and I desperatly need a job, because I'm a single mom with one of those deadbeat dads for my precious 2 yr old. Please help!!!
hunny

United States

#12 Jun 13, 2009
It's hard to get in there I have tried for the past year and still nothing. Yea you still go to the employment office. All I can say is try it maybe you'll get lucky, but I actually don't think that they are hiring right now.
obvious

United States

#13 Jun 13, 2009
It does not matter, until Charlotte quits sleeping with Mike Milmier, Dwayne Smith and Steve Justice, nobody is going to get anything out of that place other than it being shutdown. If you do not think this is not true, just ask anyone in that works here and they will tell you the same thing!!!
If U Only Knew

Georgetown, KY

#14 Jun 13, 2009
Phat T wrote:
Do you still have to apply at employment office or now at the factory itself? Does anyone know if they are hiring? My team just lost our contract at ACS and I desperatly need a job, because I'm a single mom with one of those deadbeat dads for my precious 2 yr old. Please help!!!
Which account did ACS lose now? Won't be long before they are ALL gone!
If U Only Knew

Georgetown, KY

#15 Jun 13, 2009
obvious wrote:
It does not matter, until Charlotte quits sleeping with Mike Milmier, Dwayne Smith and Steve Justice, nobody is going to get anything out of that place other than it being shutdown. If you do not think this is not true, just ask anyone in that works here and they will tell you the same thing!!!
Damn, she must be pretty sneaky, how does she do that with her husband working there with her?
Oh Geesh

Pikeville, KY

#16 Jun 13, 2009
obvious wrote:
I don't think she does either. Start trying to stir in shit. If the lady is sleeping with anyone, what does that change about the factory? All three of those supervisors work extremely hard at their job, put in a lot of hours, and are called in/stay there when anything goes wrong. They aren't sleeping with some lady, they are working their asses off.
If U Only Knew

Georgetown, KY

#17 Jun 13, 2009
No, she isn't. Just someone wanting to start trouble and obviously does not know these people! I met Charlotte once, and she is a sweet person... and like I said, her husband works there too, so she'd be awfully sneaky if that were true. Milmier is awesome and his wife is HOT, he wouldn't be messing around on her. She is super sweet too... Someone just wanted to start some shit...
SmokeFan

Pikeville, KY

#18 Jun 14, 2009
I have my own problems with Kelloggs but I dont think the names mentioned in the earlier post are doing anything like that.I spent half my life there before I was sent packing. I do know about the long hours and being called in at all hours of the night along with messing up weekends off because of being called out to work or spending all day on my phone because the plant was having problems. The job gave me so much, but it took much more away than I ever gained. They are still some good supervisors left that actually care about the people rather than a poptart.The mangers and upstairs people are only concerned with numbers not you. I hope you can get a job there and experience this for yourself but beware they're some up there that will turn there back on you in a second and not think another thing about it. They will be shaking hands with you while stabbing you in the back with the other. I have experienced this and its a tough thing to have happen. In the end I pray that things turn there for the good because I have some great friends still there.
Good Luck
Sh1tHouse Bandit

Jenkins, KY

#19 Jun 16, 2009
Smoke Fan, we have a lot more in common than you think.......
curious

Caledon, Canada

#20 Jun 28, 2009
If U Only Knew wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, she must be pretty sneaky, how does she do that with her husband working there with her?
Be careful what you type, because she is and her hubby is just a big p@ssy and wont say anything as long as she stays home. she wanted to leave not long ago for another dick and he talked her into staying. like i said, just ask around and anyone that works here will tell you....she would dump her feller anyday for steve. and he is worth it, trust me i know and before he would keep her, he would take me back. besides, since she had those weight surgeries, she is hooked on pain killers AGAIN. just look at her, it is obvious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My dog is a homosexual. 52 min Big b 12
J D Smith 1 hr Gas Bag 1
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr Atlanta Tard 28,778
Hillary Clinton OUR next President 2 hr Trump Sucks 601
Walmarts Secert Shopper 3 hr walmart hater 24
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Family Man 142,410
All americans , vote for trump, america first !... 4 hr Trump Sucks 22
Hey CHRIS HARRIS & LESLIE COMBS! 6 hr About Time 9
FBI seeks info on KY Public Corruption 7 hr What 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages