Johns Creek Boys Basketball

Johns Creek Boys Basketball

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

bball fan

Pikeville, KY

#1 Sep 27, 2012
Just wondering who the new coach is and what do the look like this year?
Fan

Georgetown, KY

#2 Sep 27, 2012
Paxton Weddington is the coach and he hasn't seen all the grades trying out yet 4-8 so I guess the jury is still out.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#3 Sep 27, 2012
Fan wrote:
Paxton Weddington is the coach and he hasn't seen all the grades trying out yet 4-8 so I guess the jury is still out.
Great! He will be a good coach and most importantly a fair coach. There is no conflict of interest because he has no sons playing and that is exactly how it should be. I wish the JC Basketball team the best of luck this season. I commend Mr. Weddington for dedicating his time for the good of the children.
hopeful

Pikeville, KY

#4 Sep 27, 2012
I hope he's made the right choice for his family. I hope he doesn't feel like he sacraficed his family in the end. There is so many negative feelings that come with coaching. I hope his wife and girls don't have to suffer all the ugly that comes with it.
Trust me this is topix and it will get ugly even if they have to lie to make ugly. Good luck JC.
Reality Check

London, UK

#5 Sep 27, 2012
hopeful wrote:
I hope he's made the right choice for his family. I hope he doesn't feel like he sacraficed his family in the end. There is so many negative feelings that come with coaching. I hope his wife and girls don't have to suffer all the ugly that comes with it.
Trust me this is topix and it will get ugly even if they have to lie to make ugly. Good luck JC.
Why would something so innocent turn "ugly"? A good man helping children... It would take a very debaucherous person to have such thoughts, and worse to lie on innocent people, especially children. As for sacrificing his family, that's ludicrous. There are many giving people in the world who have families and help others. I saw a similar thread (it's disappeared since) about this very topic last night. I don't know what the problem is with the individual who is CONSTANTLY starting the threads but they need a reality check. The poster "Equal Input" stated something about fairness and no conflict of interest with this particular man/coach. I agree. If a ballplayer is good, he doesn't need his papa by his side. Good Luck and God Bless to all involved.
lol

Pikeville, KY

#6 Sep 27, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would something so innocent turn "ugly"? A good man helping children... It would take a very debaucherous person to have such thoughts, and worse to lie on innocent people, especially children. As for sacrificing his family, that's ludicrous. There are many giving people in the world who have families and help others. I saw a similar thread (it's disappeared since) about this very topic last night. I don't know what the problem is with the individual who is CONSTANTLY starting the threads but they need a reality check. The poster "Equal Input" stated something about fairness and no conflict of interest with this particular man/coach. I agree. If a ballplayer is good, he doesn't need his papa by his side. Good Luck and God Bless to all involved.
lol...we can all tell you don't have children and have never coached. Because in the real world most (not all) people are mean.
Reality Check

Phelps, KY

#7 Sep 27, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...we can all tell you don't have children and have never coached. Because in the real world most (not all) people are mean.
No, I haven't coached and I find it quite disturbing people could be so mean regarding children and even more disturbing airing it on a pubic forum. Evil at its worst. Good people don't stand a chance; therefore, neither do the children. Maybe the individual who keeps starting the thread will develop a conscience or at least grow a set of plums and take it up with the principal if he or she has a problem with the coach. This is the second thread and it's evident there is some envy lurking.
lol

Pikeville, KY

#8 Sep 27, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I haven't coached and I find it quite disturbing people could be so mean regarding children and even more disturbing airing it on a pubic forum. Evil at its worst. Good people don't stand a chance; therefore, neither do the children. Maybe the individual who keeps starting the thread will develop a conscience or at least grow a set of plums and take it up with the principal if he or she has a problem with the coach. This is the second thread and it's evident there is some envy lurking.
I just don't understand you defending the coach. There is not one person on this thread who has said anything negative about him. The only thing I'm reading is people hoping it works out. You are the only one going postal with your comments. Calm down. You must still be going on about the thread you said was deleted.
Reality Check

London, UK

#9 Sep 27, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't understand you defending the coach. There is not one person on this thread who has said anything negative about him. The only thing I'm reading is people hoping it works out. You are the only one going postal with your comments. Calm down. You must still be going on about the thread you said was deleted.
Not so much as defending the coach but I took offense to the comment about things may turn "ugly" pertaining to children. Almost sounded threatening...but maybe not. And, yes, I took offense to the deleted thread as well. I got it deleted because I felt it was libelous and a form of harassment. Topix is no place to discuss children and I still stand by my position: Take the problem to school personnel, not Topix. Nothing postal about it! Just a reality check for those who can understand.
crazy horse

Richmond, KY

#10 Sep 27, 2012
I hope someone tells him how popular he has become on this place. He is obviously getting to some people.
lol

Pikeville, KY

#11 Sep 27, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so much as defending the coach but I took offense to the comment about things may turn "ugly" pertaining to children. Almost sounded threatening...but maybe not. And, yes, I took offense to the deleted thread as well. I got it deleted because I felt it was libelous and a form of harassment. Topix is no place to discuss children and I still stand by my position: Take the problem to school personnel, not Topix. Nothing postal about it! Just a reality check for those who can understand.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING ON ABOUT??? TAKE WHAT PROBLEM TO THE SCHOOL PERSONNEL???? You need to take your meds and go to bed.
Reality Check

London, UK

#12 Sep 28, 2012
You can stop with the cap locks; You need to calm down... And I am the one who needs medicine? You just made me "lol." It's obvious who is on medication, and it's obvious you may have taken a tad bit too much. You know good and well (and so does everyone else) you've got a problem with this situation or you wouldn't keep starting derogatory threads everyday; you wouldn't keep chiming in with your idiotic comments with terms such as "ugly" and "postal"; and you wouldn't use multiple IDs; Pretty disgusting there, Sybil! What's it to you anyway? Why do you care so much about this thread or what I have to say? Jealous much? Insanely so!
Billy Clyde

United States

#13 Sep 28, 2012
Rumor has it Billy Gillispie is coming to Johns Creek.
Update

Pikeville, KY

#14 Sep 28, 2012
Finally the time has arrived. Finally, the time you guys/gals got off of Mr. Adkins. Now I'm sure that he will never read this and hope he has better things to do other than be on topics( no I dont as Im retired .taught Mr, Adkins in shool) so I can say , and proud of it tht HE IS AN OUTSTANDING PERSON
Update

Pikeville, KY

#15 Sep 28, 2012
He being Mr. Adkins is an outstanding individual. One of prodigious, astonishing, amazing, astounding, phenomenal, unique, curious, qualities.
now if anyone disagrees with the above be a big person and go tell him.

i doubt it
ON THE LINE

Pikeville, KY

#16 Sep 28, 2012
hahahaha

guess who REED
on the line
crazy horse

Richmond, KY

#17 Sep 28, 2012
I still am not understanding how this coach made it on this forum. From what I can read he has done nothing. Heck he has not even started coaching because basketball season has not started. You people need better things to do. You also need to stop being cowards and go to the peoples faces you talk about.
bball fan

Pikeville, KY

#18 Sep 28, 2012
Hell you ask a simple question and someone goes all stupid. It was not a personal attack on anyone coach or child.
Reality Check, do you have anymore big words you can throw out at us.
I just wanted to know what they look like this year because they were tough to beat last year.
Maybe I should have said are they any good
_ Yes or _ No please mark one.
Reality Check

United States

#19 Sep 28, 2012
bball fan wrote:
Hell you ask a simple question and someone goes all stupid. It was not a personal attack on anyone coach or child.
Reality Check, do you have anymore big words you can throw out at us.
I just wanted to know what they look like this year because they were tough to beat last year.
Maybe I should have said are they any good
_ Yes or _ No please mark one.
Big words? Oh, pardon me. I'll keep it very simple this time. Your question was not offensive. The timing was not the best due to a thread with a similar topic started on Wednesday (since been removed). That particular thread, though, had inappropriate content and details, not only about principals of schools, but their children as well. I think it's best if people or parents have problems at a school or with a principal, they should go straight to the principal, to his or her face. I know that wasn't what you were asking but had to give you a brief summary of why I reacted the way I did. I thought the same troublemaker was on the attack again. Now to your question. Crazy Horse answered it perfectly. The season hasn't begun yet. Hopefully it will be successful.
JC_bear1

Winchester, KY

#20 Oct 5, 2012
Well I only hope that for the players and fans sake they get good officials I no there were a couple last year that were very very good, they put pikeville in there place and they did not let the game get away we need more refs like those two men I am not sure of there names but I think one is James or something like that and the other one calls High School and JV College games and someone told me his name was Tim ,? Not sure but either way these guys called the best game we have seen in a long time at JC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are husbands so hateful to thier wives (Jul '11) 26 min just mebac 74
Anyone know George Deskins that lived in Florid... 2 hr Butch 1
How did she pass? 2 hr Old friend 1
ANE Mum on Senator Ray Jones 3 hr Ahillarydeportable 48
tiffany Chaney 3 hr tiffany fan 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Searching for him 166,390
Keith Justice for Pike Co. sheriff (Oct '09) 3 hr Whoelse 84

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages