LandLine Phones, May become Of The Past.

LandLine Phones, May become Of The Past.

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Where Is My LandLine

Winchester, KY

#1 Feb 19, 2013
Kentucky is trying to get rid of the landLine phones, I don't want a damn cellphone because i can't hear on them. Plus cellphone cost more, Is that why YOU Kentucky is trying to take my house phone from me, Go to Hell. How can Kentucky be so damn STUPID.

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

Since: Jan 13

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#2 Feb 19, 2013
Where Is My LandLine wrote:
Kentucky is trying to get rid of the landLine phones, I don't want a damn cellphone because i can't hear on them. Plus cellphone cost more, Is that why YOU Kentucky is trying to take my house phone from me, Go to Hell. How can Kentucky be so damn STUPID.
There's more to this actually..think about it. Cell phones can be tracked via GPS at all times. They can easily be intercepted and monitored so everything said on them is accessible. Plus, NOBama wants everybody to have Free Stuff and that includes the Obama Phone Hotline Cell so when sh!t gets really bad and you need a Superhero to save you...call Obama The Messiah to the rescue!
Where Is My LandLine

Winchester, KY

#3 Feb 19, 2013
You may have something there, But who in Kentucky i mean the lawmakers that is trying to get this passed. They should ALL BE VOTED OUT OF OFFICE, EVERY DAMN ONE OF THEM.

Let all list their names, When we find OUT.
wtf

Marengo, OH

#4 Feb 19, 2013
SWINE SLAYER wrote:
<quoted text>
There's more to this actually..think about it. Cell phones can be tracked via GPS at all times. They can easily be intercepted and monitored so everything said on them is accessible. Plus, NOBama wants everybody to have Free Stuff and that includes the Obama Phone Hotline Cell so when sh!t gets really bad and you need a Superhero to save you...call Obama The Messiah to the rescue!
Just wondering how your free phone is working.
sweet brown

Winchester, KY

#5 Feb 19, 2013
I hope this does pass. It will enable cell phone companies to invest into poorly developed cell infrastructure in states like Kentucky. 33% of Americans no longer even have land lines, and have cell phones only. Get with the times. This is a great example of good government doing what it should. Dragging folks kicking and screaming into the 21st century. You will be all right.

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#6 Feb 19, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text> Just wondering how your free phone is working.
I wasn't poor and lazy to meet the requirements to get one, thank you. How's the one you got that I and other taxpayers paid for?
Give it Up

Richmond, KY

#7 Feb 19, 2013
What's a land line?

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#8 Feb 19, 2013
sweet brown wrote:
I hope this does pass. It will enable cell phone companies to invest into poorly developed cell infrastructure in states like Kentucky. 33% of Americans no longer even have land lines, and have cell phones only. Get with the times. This is a great example of good government doing what it should. Dragging folks kicking and screaming into the 21st century. You will be all right.
Wrong. Don't you know about the FREE Obama Phones that only cost the taxpayers $2 Billion?
wtf

Marengo, OH

#10 Feb 19, 2013
SWINE SLAYER wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't poor and lazy to meet the requirements to get one, thank you. How's the one you got that I and other taxpayers paid for?
It's working well and I thank you so much for paying your taxes so that the rest of us who don' work and contribute anything can have this luxury. You are blessed and thanks for your good works. God will shine on your head.
House Phone

Winchester, KY

#11 Feb 19, 2013
They will NEVER take my HOUSE PHONE.
ledfinger

Clarkson, KY

#12 Feb 19, 2013
House Phone wrote:
You WILL graciously accept the Obama Phone or E.T.* will NOT phone home.
(*Exasperated Taxpayers)
Satan 666

Winchester, KY

#13 Feb 19, 2013
Just who the hell does kentucky think they are?
nerdage

Pikeville, KY

#14 Feb 20, 2013
House Phone wrote:
Dont worry they will always be antiques like you that hang on to your checkbooks, stamps, landlines, and heavy ancient tube tvs. Progress moves forward with or without you. It wont be forced out of your hand, just dont be surprised someday when its discontinued in favor of better more practical tech
options

United States

#15 Feb 20, 2013
There is always VoIP, roll with magic jack for 30 bucks a year, it's not a cell, it's pretty good and extremely cheap.
When

Winchester, KY

#17 Feb 20, 2013
Not all phone companys will be that STUPID.
rainy day blue

Pikeville, KY

#18 Feb 20, 2013
sweet brown wrote:
would love to get rid of my landline, i wouldnt give a care who listened in on my conversations because i commit no crimes and if they wanna hear about my docs appt or my sex life
have at it
if i got a decent cell signal in my home, i would drop my landline tomorrow....i can get a signal here somewhat but it is dropped
no way to make a call
just text
i dont care to lose my landline, one less bill

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#19 Feb 21, 2013
rainy day blue wrote:
<quoted text>would love to get rid of my landline, i wouldnt give a care who listened in on my conversations because i commit no crimes and if they wanna hear about my docs appt or my sex life
have at it
if i got a decent cell signal in my home, i would drop my landline tomorrow....i can get a signal here somewhat but it is dropped
no way to make a call
just text
i dont care to lose my landline, one less bill
Silliness. One should expect an amount of Privacy regardless what the content of their conversations are.
Another Phone Company

Richmond, KY

#21 Feb 24, 2013
I will just go to Southeast phone company.

SWINE SLAYER

“ALL PIGS MUST DIE”

PULL MY PORK! ! !

#22 Feb 24, 2013
Another Phone Company wrote:
I will just go to Southeast phone company.
The worshipers of the would-be tyrant Emperor O do not want such a choice though.
They are alright with taking Guns from law-abiding citizens. They are OK with taking away the protection of Free Speech and other Civil Liberties if that is what their Leader wishes. Anything he wants is what they want but please, please
do not take their FREE OBAMA Phones (so "free" that they only cost $2 billion )!
They make Me Sick

Richmond, KY

#23 Feb 25, 2013
These phone companys are STUPID IF THEY TRY TO TAKE THE LANDLINE PHONES, You can't even hear good on these damn cell phones, I have own three cell phones and everytime when i want to talk for a long time on the phone ii ALWAYS GET MY LANDLINE AND TALK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 19 min Kyboy 5,726
who's the coroner 45 min Boot 2
Is It True? 51 min LearnToSpell 4
Rachel Boyd 1 hr hot 4
Tackett Burchett house (Sep '12) 1 hr Pikeville Res 6
Midnight; Pike County Injustice Files 1 hr A Hillary Depor... 7
Eric C Conn movie 2 hr A Hillary Depor... 43
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 2 hr Paris 37,921
pmc layoffs & pay cuts 6 hr scabbs 34

Pikeville Jobs