Wanna know

Clarksville, TN

#1 Jul 25, 2010
Leaving Walmart today, I saw a store called Aaron's. I don't know where I've been, but this is the first I've known of it. Furniture, computers, etc. Does anyone know anything about it like is it a high priced store?
Chris

Shelbiana, KY

#2 Jul 26, 2010
Wanna know wrote:
Leaving Walmart today, I saw a store called Aaron's. I don't know where I've been, but this is the first I've known of it. Furniture, computers, etc. Does anyone know anything about it like is it a high priced store?
Rental place like Rent A Center, Colorama
Wanna know

Clarksville, TN

#3 Jul 26, 2010
Oh I see. Thank you for the info.
Dont Buy

Jackson, KY

#4 Jul 26, 2010
On there web site they are selling a 60" mitsubishi and 32 panasonic for $149 mth for 24 mths thats $3600.00. I bought the same 60" television for $899 from a local store and you can get a good 32" tv sony, panasonic, samsung for around $400 for a total of $1300. Aarons is way to expensive for my blood. Hey I could even get it finance a save $600 or $700.
Chris

Shelbiana, KY

#5 Jul 26, 2010
Dont Buy wrote:
On there web site they are selling a 60" mitsubishi and 32 panasonic for $149 mth for 24 mths thats $3600.00. I bought the same 60" television for $899 from a local store and you can get a good 32" tv sony, panasonic, samsung for around $400 for a total of $1300. Aarons is way to expensive for my blood. Hey I could even get it finance a save $600 or $700.
Thats what the rental places are for, people without cash or credit. Imagine what a years gross is at one of these places
Is It True

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Jul 27, 2010
I was told this is just a branch of the one and only Heilig Meyers Furniture they had to come back some way so what better way than a rental co.
Peace

Pikeville, KY

#7 Jul 28, 2010
Aaron's is better than rent to own and alot cheaper than colorama and a-plus, and so forth. There items are new and worth the price. There is one in prestonsburg now and its open. You pay way to much anywheres else expectially it being USED
Bobby

Anderson, SC

#8 Jul 28, 2010
Peace wrote:
Aaron's is better than rent to own and alot cheaper than colorama and a-plus, and so forth. There items are new and worth the price. There is one in prestonsburg now and its open. You pay way to much anywheres else expectially it being USED
These items might be new now but they won't be in a few months! You might be right that they are better than other rent to own, lease to own places, but they are still more expensive than than saving your money and buying it out right! Look at "don't buy" example above why would anyone spend several hundred dollars more for the same
things? Even if they are less expensive than other rent to owns is the same stuff worth 3 to 4 times more than you can save your money and buy it for?
new customer

Elkhorn City, KY

#9 Jul 29, 2010
Yes they are more expensive but to people that dosen't have good credit or to much credit it is a very good way for those people to get new things they need.For some its the only way.And if you want something new they will get it for you.If things wasn't so hard to get because of credit then people wouldn't have to resort to these kinda things.And also If you decide you want to let it go back it dosne't hurt your credit one bit.So its actually a really good idea i think.One of the workers told me that if you see an item that they have at wal mart or anywhere cheaper than what they are asking for it they will let you have it for that price.Kinda like the way wal mart food center does with things.
Bobby

United States

#10 Jul 29, 2010
Not all but a high percentage of these people who have bad credit got it by purchasing things that could not afford! So instead of paying twice the price and sometimes three times as much'why not save your money and then you could buy more! Yes it will take some self control but if they do this they wl have more money to do things with! No matter how you look at it if you are paying these inflated prices it is not a good deal!
come on down bob

Elkhorn City, KY

#11 Jul 29, 2010
Wanna know wrote:
i think this is the worst phony advertising i have ever seen...but if that is what it takes to get ppl in i guess,
friend

Shelbiana, KY

#12 Aug 15, 2010
aaron's is a lease company if you agree to a 12 month deal you will pay 4 months no matter what and 18 mos deal you will pay 5 months and if you get a item on 24 months you will pay 6 months no matter what. if you losted your job two months later and couldn't afford the payment you cannot turn the item in and stop the agreement you are still responible for payment even after returning the item paying for something and not having it is hard to understand. colorama lifetime reinstatement and you can get out without having to worry about paying the bill. pick up where you lefted off and not worrying during this rough time in your life
Just

United States

#13 Aug 15, 2010
Just to expensive! Just bought a 60 tv sat at Gregs TV after checking Big Sandy & Aarons! Big Sandy $100 more, Aarons 400 more! Delivered & set up free plus got free financing!
no clue

Charlestown, IN

#14 Aug 24, 2013
friend wrote:
aaron's is a lease company if you agree to a 12 month deal you will pay 4 months no matter what and 18 mos deal you will pay 5 months and if you get a item on 24 months you will pay 6 months no matter what. if you losted your job two months later and couldn't afford the payment you cannot turn the item in and stop the agreement you are still responible for payment even after returning the item paying for something and not having it is hard to understand. colorama lifetime reinstatement and you can get out without having to worry about paying the bill. pick up where you lefted off and not worrying during this rough time in your life
Actually your not stuck with the payment if you turn your things in. If you do a 24 mth agreement and turn it back in after a mth then thats it...your agreement is done. You dont have to keep paying for it. Also Aarons offers lifetime reinstatement as well.
big straight al

Elkhorn City, KY

#15 Aug 24, 2013
Someone I know purchased a notebook there, and could have saved up over a few months and bought the same thing at any store for around 400 bucks, ended up paying over $1100.00 at aarons, with financing.
i know some dont have time to save up for it, if they need it right then, but maybe try to get a small loan at the bank first, you would end up paying much less interest.
Missy

Pikeville, KY

#16 May 28, 2014
Look what works there they would let anything have a job there. A certain employee there isn't what she cracks herself up to be devoted housewife lol if only her husband knew oh I forgot hes trash too wife beater.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 5 min Abe 37,973
Confused about Election stuff 2 hr watching 2
Vote republican now , everybody !! 3 hr Gail 4
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 6 hr Kyboy 5,737
Forensic Audit of UMG Funded Stripper Ad - Cash... (Mar '17) 6 hr big daddy here 60
Midnight; Pike County Injustice Files 6 hr big daddy here 11
Who Is Next 6 hr big daddy here 61
pmc layoffs & pay cuts Wed Just as it is 37

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages