CN Brown

Portland, ME

#128 Oct 16, 2011
I see people buy all kinds of shit with ebt honestly I dont give a crap what they buy you complain that they buy energy drinks for 3 dollars but you wouldnt care if the bought water right hell some water it 2 dollars big deal 1 dollar more, my issue is I think people should get drug tested mandatory to recieve benefits!! other than that who cares not every 1 has a license or a way to the store, I just dont think people should go judging any 1 till you lived in there shoes!!
damien auksorius

Hobart, Australia

#129 Oct 16, 2011
the only drinks you can buy with food stamps when going to the store is only red bull.its a win win for red bull products
Know the Law Idiot

Pikeville, KY

#130 Oct 16, 2011
smith wrote:
<quoted text> I can tell your useless to society. I hope that our taxes aren't paying for you to drink red bull. Providing water is way more than i want to pay on your behalf. grow up and get a job and a life mister.
Quit attempting to discuss things in which you have no educational means of supporting your statements. Read very carefully. People who work every day qualify for food stamps.Food stamps are based on the number of people in your family, and your income. I have been blessed to never have to sign up for food stamps, and have always been blessed with a good job. Quite frankly, I don't care what they buy with their stamps as it is none of my business. Nor, is it any of your business. Maybe, I should come to your house and tell you what to eat, drink etc. Learn the law, know the facts.
Know the Law Idiot

Pikeville, KY

#131 Oct 16, 2011
Country in the toilet wrote:
<quoted text>
Your location says California...That explains a lot of why you feel this way...It's Godless, bleeding heart liberal people like you that want to strip morals away from society, and thinks a person should be able to do whatever they want without fear of consequence.
I assume you enjoy paying your tax monies to people that don't deserve it. But according to your way of thinking I guess you think everyone deserves it. Fine, you people can pay for it then.
My location says "W. VA. I DON'T LIVE THERE IDIOT. Your IP address has nothing to do with where you live. I work everyday so don't even go there. I would much rather my tax dollars be used for food stamps than to see it go for the white collar crime. You know the drug addicted lawyers, the people who have children by every woman in town and are quite wealthy. You know the one's who sends their wives on trips so they have their girlfriends over. Then, after they have these children, they hide the fact and will not support them. White collar crime such as Wall Street. How much of your tax dollars did that cost. It is amazing how some of you idiots fail to look at the dollars spent on government waste in Washington. Big dinners for lobbyist, travel expenses for the congress and senate, the government pays their salary,pays all their travel, pays the living expenses, food allowance etc. NOW THAT IS WHAT PEEVES ME OFF ABOUT MY TAX DOLLARS.
check it out

Pikeville, KY

#132 Oct 16, 2011
CN Brown wrote:
I see people buy all kinds of shit with ebt honestly I dont give a crap what they buy you complain that they buy energy drinks for 3 dollars but you wouldnt care if the bought water right hell some water it 2 dollars big deal 1 dollar more, my issue is I think people should get drug tested mandatory to recieve benefits!! other than that who cares not every 1 has a license or a way to the store, I just dont think people should go judging any 1 till you lived in there shoes!!
Check out what happened in Fl when they done all the drug testing. Just about everyone passed it. Cost the state mega bucks for nothing.
May Qualify

Pikeville, KY

#133 Oct 16, 2011
worker wrote:
I am a cashier at a store. I see people all the time use food stamps to buy Red Bull. These are the same ones that bring in handfuls of change to buy their cigarettes, they will have a few little kids with them and refuse to buy the kids anything to eat or drink. They will also buy a lot of lottety tickets...It burns me up that I am working my a** off, making minimun wage and barely getting by. And to watch the laziest, nastiness humans on earth use a government card to buy energy drinks, the whole system is SO screwed up!!!
Maybe you should go apply for food stamps. It is really done of your business what people buy with their stamps, or their money. Who cares! What is the difference in an energy drink, and a pepsi, or water. NO ONE CARES!
MEESA

Cincinnati, OH

#134 Oct 27, 2011
jay-sin wrote:
okay so my question is why can i buy RED BULL with my EBT but not other energy drinks such as Rockstar or monster? no one can seem to explain it to me.
Now I don't abuse my food stamp card with energy drinks and candy but if i choose to buy a RED BULL before work it's no one's business but my own.
BUT WHY DOES RED BULL GET APPROVED AND OTHER ENERGY DRINKS DENIED? Nutrition facts? if anyone knows please let me know, thank you.
Hi there! Red Bull gets approved because it has a nutrition facts label on the back. Other energy drinks have a supplement facts guide on the back and it is therefore like a supplement such as vitamins which a foodstamp card does not pay for vitamins! Your Welcome!!
MEESA

Cincinnati, OH

#135 Oct 27, 2011
I had a job for nine years and I recently go fired for the stupidist reason on earth. I made really good money and then all of a sudden there was nothing. I had to apply for food stamps. I have never been on welfare before. Obviously the people that get on the foodstamp program reach the criteria setforth from the state. I always drink red bull and just because I recently aquired a food stamp card does not mean that the only thing I should purchase with my card is water or milk. I like red bull and I will continue to buy it no matter what people theink. I'm not going to go to the store and not get what I like just becuase of what you dumba&! people think! You can get red bull because it has a nutrition facts label on the back. You can not get certain energy drinks because they have a supplemental facts label on the back which is considered a vitam which the food stamp card does not pay for vitamins. So does this mean I cannot buy myself good steaks and just get myself hamburger meat instead or day old bread just because I have foodstamps? Mind your own business and don't worry about what I buy dummy!

Since: Nov 11

Silverdale, WA

#136 Nov 5, 2011
smith wrote:
<quoted text> I can tell your useless to society. I hope that our taxes aren't paying for you to drink red bull. Providing water is way more than i want to pay on your behalf. grow up and get a job and a life mister.
I'm on food stamps, and I'm on a submarine in the US Navy defending my country, and I'm planning on buying some energy drinks with my food stamp card for my next deployment because when you work as many hours as I do you need energy! So I have a job, work harder than most, sacrifice a lot of time from my wife and kids, I'm definitely not useless to society, and I'm on food stamps. So all of you out there should stop judging people on food stamps. It doesn't mean they don't have a job or don't work hard. And one more thing. I think its pretty sad that someone that defends our country and sacrifices so much is eligible for food stamps because of how little the government pays us for what we do.
Melissa

Mount Sterling, KY

#137 Nov 7, 2011
I know that the other day when I went grocery shopping there was this guy and you can tell he was high . All he was yelling about was getting red bull with his food stamp card. Most of the time I try not to judge people because it isn't my place to BUT let me tell you a person like that makes it hard not too. I know that there are some good people that really need food stamps and use them the way they where intended BUT like everything else in life you will always have a few bad apples in the bunch that will make things bad for everyone.
OH SNAP

United States

#138 Nov 7, 2011
Everyone needs to stop hating on people on food stamps all I know is ive been working since I turned 16 years old graduated from highschool and am currently workin on my bachelors! I'm on unemployment and food stamps right now I'm not a low life or a loser I'm probably better off than you all. Life brings its struggles and if the help is out there then get it! I know I've worked my ass of for and paid my taxes now it's time I get my share back! Now people that live with it more than 2 years and aren't doing shit With their life, they have no excuse. So I dont give a shit when I shop with my foodstmps I'm going to buy whatever the fuck I want just like i did Andersen I had a job and will again once I have a job again. And I have an iPhone with at&t and what! Quit hating cuz you bust ur ass working and can't afford shit, or sucking dick for ur expenses. All I know is good or bad times i am always gonna be doing it and be successful!
atfilwa

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#139 Nov 11, 2011
Seriously people get a life. You don't know why they need assistants. You need to worry about iyourself more than others.
ldynasty

United States

#140 Nov 17, 2011
You don't have to be unemployed to get food stamps the economy is very bad right now and food stamps helps my family out a lot my husband was laid off his job he was in the hospital form pain from a previous surgery he had an inguinal hernia the doctor that performed surgery on him used a recalled mesh and didn't inform him he was in the hospital for 4 days when he went back even thought his supervisor knew and said his job wasn't in jeopardy the owner of the company made the supervisor fire him in Alabama they are a fire at will state they don't have to give you a reason or notice a week later his baby momma dropped off both their kids at our house and hasn't came back i have 3 kids one mine and two his my son is 5 his daughters are 1 and 2 we struggle day to day i need my red bull to work 80 hours a week to keep up with the kids my husband and myself red bull gives me the energy i need to keep up. my house was set on fire while my kids and me and my husband was sleep they set our truck on fire and it blew up so now we have no means of transportation and the city i live in doesn't have a bus route Dothan,AL so i have to take a taxi back and forth everywhere i go i am not proud of being on food stamps but i swallow my pride to make sure my kids eat and even after using my food stamps and coupons i still have to spend an extra 200 a month out of pocket for groceries so all you food stamp "critics" stop being so negative cause every ones circumstance is different yes there are free loaders but i would rather another American be a free loader than illegals that get assistance and abuse it... you all are arguing the wrong argument should it be right that it took me 5mnths to get food stamps i work pay taxes donate to non profit organizations and when I'm down i couldn't get help but an Illegal can go to the welfare office and walk out with a place to live, food stamps, medical, cash aid i don't think its right!!!!!!!! argue that how in Alabama Illegals get 5,000 a month to work in "agriculture" and minimum wage in most states in the south is 7.25 and if u work in a restaurant as a waiter u make 0 per hr and have to make tips!!!!!!!!! wrong argument!!!!!!!!
Billie

United States

#141 Nov 20, 2011
Wow people are so judgmental. Excuse people who are down on their luck wanting something for themselves. I hope one day you all get down on your luck and then be judged for it. It was a question not a forum for everyone to tell them that they are lowlives. You all should feel ashamed of yourselves.I've never been on foodstamps but at least I'm not a judmental pr*ck
get over it

Tucson, AZ

#142 Nov 23, 2011
MAKES ME SICK wrote:
<quoted text>Yep.......Me too ..... fill there buggys up with nothen but pop ....... They most of the time seal the pop or traid it for drugs
Before talking smack LEARN HOW TO SPELL DUMB a$$
Heather

Cincinnati, OH

#143 Nov 23, 2011
I don't get all the complaining about food stamps. What's it to you if someone buys pop or energy drinks with it? They get the same amount of money either way, it's none of your business what's on someone's grocery list.
Sunflower

Homer Glen, IL

#144 Nov 24, 2011
Know the Law Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>Quit attempting to discuss things in which you have no educational means of supporting your statements. Read very carefully. People who work every day qualify for food stamps.Food stamps are based on the number of people in your family, and your income. I have been blessed to never have to sign up for food stamps, and have always been blessed with a good job. Quite frankly, I don't care what they buy with their stamps as it is none of my business. Nor, is it any of your business. Maybe, I should come to your house and tell you what to eat, drink etc. Learn the law, know the facts.
Boy,it sounds pretty easy to qualify for the food-stamp program in pikeville. I was on unemployment getting half my my income and couldn't get any assistance with food. I ate off of $25.00 a week. Wasn't eating healthy at all. On top of that had out of pocket medical expenses to boot! Guess I could of taken a few more people into my home and claimed dependent!
I quess I am quite surprised to see so many even working and getting assistance.
Knowsforafact

Cynthiana, KY

#145 Nov 24, 2011
ldynasty wrote:
You don't have to be unemployed to get food stamps the economy is very bad right now and food stamps helps my family out a lot my husband was laid off his job he was in the hospital form pain from a previous surgery he had an inguinal hernia the doctor that performed surgery on him used a recalled mesh and didn't inform him he was in the hospital for 4 days when he went back even thought his supervisor knew and said his job wasn't in jeopardy the owner of the company made the supervisor fire him in Alabama they are a fire at will state they don't have to give you a reason or notice a week later his baby momma dropped off both their kids at our house and hasn't came back i have 3 kids one mine and two his my son is 5 his daughters are 1 and 2 we struggle day to day i need my red bull to work 80 hours a week to keep up with the kids my husband and myself red bull gives me the energy i need to keep up. my house was set on fire while my kids and me and my husband was sleep they set our truck on fire and it blew up so now we have no means of transportation and the city i live in doesn't have a bus route Dothan,AL so i have to take a taxi back and forth everywhere i go i am not proud of being on food stamps but i swallow my pride to make sure my kids eat and even after using my food stamps and coupons i still have to spend an extra 200 a month out of pocket for groceries so all you food stamp "critics" stop being so negative cause every ones circumstance is different yes there are free loaders but i would rather another American be a free loader than illegals that get assistance and abuse it... you all are arguing the wrong argument should it be right that it took me 5mnths to get food stamps i work pay taxes donate to non profit organizations and when I'm down i couldn't get help but an Illegal can go to the welfare office and walk out with a place to live, food stamps, medical, cash aid i don't think its right!!!!!!!! argue that how in Alabama Illegals get 5,000 a month to work in "agriculture" and minimum wage in most states in the south is 7.25 and if u work in a restaurant as a waiter u make 0 per hr and have to make tips!!!!!!!!! wrong argument!!!!!!!!
Correct, told the other by somebody that knows, most State troopers get food stamp assistance. Not all but a few of them. I suppose it has to do with big famlies or something. Some live in 2 or 300k homes, but thats another thread altogether.
foodstamp junkie

Sharpsburg, KY

#146 Nov 26, 2011
i know someone who cheats the goverment for foodstamps!! greta stephens...have any of you met this lady..trys to act high class but just trashy..always has been always will be.. I heard that she let her kids be abused..drug user and dealer..though she prob. uses to cope with the fact her dad raped her (so cant blame her there) and all together liar..trys to act like she is some of pburg's high class..she dont have money like that..prob riding high on the hog though drawing from the state (which she deny to the very end --but Ive seen the check..) and work under the table at our very own p-burg dairy cheer..combine that with drawing food stamps on kids you dont have to actually share the stamps with(who arent ur kids and dont live with u)..and not reporting her income living with gary dotson and his mother. add that with the lawsuit that she got by lying about a pop can(beware shes a scammer)..and the pills they sell they get on there numourous trips to flordia.(prob spends what she makes there though on her coke addiction.(the money she gets from her sugar daddy..(i think gary knows about him deep in his heart and doesnt want to see it..guess she is living big time..ghetto..trailer park fabulous..lol..what a phony wanna be poser..avoid contact at all cost.. she let her ex husband rape her children from the ages of 6yrs to 12 yrs old and did nothing just sat and listen to while she watched tv and drank pop..i wouldnt be befriending this lady..daughter is just as trashy locked her daughter in a closet to have sex with billy fannin and family didnt find the little girl until the next morning when she was crying..her name is natosha harris of lancer, ky.
What

Prestonsburg, KY

#147 Nov 26, 2011
foodstamp junkie wrote:
i know someone who cheats the goverment for foodstamps!! greta stephens...have any of you met this lady..trys to act high class but just trashy..always has been always will be.. I heard that she let her kids be abused..drug user and dealer..though she prob. uses to cope with the fact her dad raped her (so cant blame her there) and all together liar..trys to act like she is some of pburg's high class..she dont have money like that..prob riding high on the hog though drawing from the state (which she deny to the very end --but Ive seen the check..) and work under the table at our very own p-burg dairy cheer..combine that with drawing food stamps on kids you dont have to actually share the stamps with(who arent ur kids and dont live with u)..and not reporting her income living with gary dotson and his mother. add that with the lawsuit that she got by lying about a pop can(beware shes a scammer)..and the pills they sell they get on there numourous trips to flordia.(prob spends what she makes there though on her coke addiction.(the money she gets from her sugar daddy..(i think gary knows about him deep in his heart and doesnt want to see it..guess she is living big time..ghetto..trailer park fabulous..lol..what a phony wanna be poser..avoid contact at all cost.. she let her ex husband rape her children from the ages of 6yrs to 12 yrs old and did nothing just sat and listen to while she watched tv and drank pop..i wouldnt be befriending this lady..daughter is just as trashy locked her daughter in a closet to have sex with billy fannin and family didnt find the little girl until the next morning when she was crying..her name is natosha harris of lancer, ky.
Has anyone try calling social severices on this peron ? I hope that her kids are somewhere safe if all of this is true then she needs to be reported and have all the assistance she gets from the goverment and her parental rights tooken away .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 min TDM 7,369
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min harmonious 155,528
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 9 min hey 1,071
Word Association (Aug '11) 41 min Jennifer Renee 5,144
Stolen trail cams 1 hr Agent P 5
PMC appoints CEO ' S wife to run the physician ... 1 hr Ihatedocs 58
Was Candidate Ray Set Up at Expo Concert? 1 hr enter name 33
the expo does it again! 10 hr Another Expo Failure 48
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match

Pikeville Jobs

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pikeville News, Events & Info