BuyRed Bull with Food Stamps?

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
RBaddict

Lexington, KY

#1 Oct 31, 2009
Who here buys Red Bulls or other energy drinks with food stamps? What stores in Pikeville take them for Red Bulls? What stores don't?
Stony

Pikeville, KY

#2 Oct 31, 2009
aRE YOU frigging serious? Aren't foodstamps for food? GEEEEESHHH
Ttt

Lexington, KY

#3 Oct 31, 2009
He's right there are lowlife scumbags using state aid cards to buy $3.00 drinks from gas stations. I've seen people using those cards while they jaw away on tjeir iPhones from AT&T.
lol

Ransom, KY

#4 Oct 31, 2009
as far as I know - Rite Aid and Speedway accepts the EBT card for RedBull
MAKES ME SICK

United States

#6 Oct 31, 2009
Ttt wrote:
He's right there are lowlife scumbags using state aid cards to buy $3.00 drinks from gas stations. I've seen people using those cards while they jaw away on tjeir iPhones from AT&T.
Yep.......Me too ..... fill there buggys up with nothen but pop ....... They most of the time seal the pop or traid it for drugs
Hollar chick

Bedford, VA

#7 Oct 31, 2009
I would love to have some food stamps. Stamps Rock. OMG Energy drinks. Seriously who cares what people buy with there food stamp cards. I think they should go back to paper. We could go back into cashing them in for change. LOL Please people get a life & when we all figure out how to get some Stamps. We can have a cook out & drink cases of red bull. Party on.
wtf

Pikeville, KY

#8 Nov 1, 2009
just another reason that this once great country is in the shitter. food stamps in exchange for an energy drink??? wtf
lol lol

United States

#9 Nov 1, 2009
wtf wrote:
just another reason that this once great country is in the shitter. food stamps in exchange for an energy drink??? wtf
O.K. This is funny .. Maybe the goverment is trying to get them off there azzes . lol lol AMP EM UP !
I love my tramp stamps

Richmond, KY

#10 Nov 3, 2009
I buy redbull, nos, and anything i want with mine, get over it and go sigh up for your own.
smith

Columbus, OH

#11 Nov 3, 2009
I love my tramp stamps wrote:
I buy redbull, nos, and anything i want with mine, get over it and go sigh up for your own.
I can tell your useless to society. I hope that our taxes aren't paying for you to drink red bull. Providing water is way more than i want to pay on your behalf. grow up and get a job and a life mister.
huh

Ransom, KY

#12 Nov 3, 2009
MAKES ME SICK wrote:
<quoted text>Yep.......Me too ..... fill there buggys up with nothen but pop ....... They most of the time seal the pop or traid it for drugs
what is traid ? seals like pop ?
jay-sin

Lakewood, WA

#13 Jul 17, 2010
okay so my question is why can i buy RED BULL with my EBT but not other energy drinks such as Rockstar or monster? no one can seem to explain it to me.

Now I don't abuse my food stamp card with energy drinks and candy but if i choose to buy a RED BULL before work it's no one's business but my own.

BUT WHY DOES RED BULL GET APPROVED AND OTHER ENERGY DRINKS DENIED? Nutrition facts? if anyone knows please let me know, thank you.
Why

Rogers, KY

#14 Jul 17, 2010
why is the attitude on here always " who cares what they're doing, just mind your business"??
What happened to Justice? Food Stamps are meant to be used for FOOD, not your precious addictive substances. Someone needs to report the businesses allowing such transactions.
Chris

Pikeville, KY

#15 Jul 17, 2010
I love my tramp stamps wrote:
How about getting off your ass and getting a job then you can buy it by the case! No wait, if you actually had to work to pay for something you might think twice about paying $3 for it.
paper stamps

Grundy, VA

#16 Jul 17, 2010
amen on paper stamps,at least then we could get change,save it up and buy toilet paper.what a luxury,now its back to catalogs for us.lol.
Christy

Vancouver, WA

#17 Aug 23, 2010
Red Bull can be bought with EBT only cause of a small loophole they found in the system. Basically, as long as their nutrition label says "nutritional facts" it is considered food by government standards. AMP, RockStar and Monster are still labeled as "supplemental facts", hence they are a supplement. however, in the end, think it's the individual store's that choose whether to honor this or not.
mgr

Pikeville, KY

#18 Aug 23, 2010
you are wrong christy... in the state of ky anything cold consumable by humans can be purchased on ebt cards/snap

all energy drinks that is.
worker

Pikeville, KY

#19 Aug 23, 2010
I am a cashier at a store. I see people all the time use food stamps to buy Red Bull. These are the same ones that bring in handfuls of change to buy their cigarettes, they will have a few little kids with them and refuse to buy the kids anything to eat or drink. They will also buy a lot of lottety tickets...It burns me up that I am working my a** off, making minimun wage and barely getting by. And to watch the laziest, nastiness humans on earth use a government card to buy energy drinks, the whole system is SO screwed up!!!
sol

Pikeville, KY

#20 Aug 23, 2010
i would pay $1.00 cash for every $2.00 worth of food stamps if someone would sell them, that way you could buy drugs, beer, energy drinks, whatever, with the cash and i can get double the amount of food. everybody wins!

“A BETTER MAN THAN STOP CRYING ”

Since: Jun 10

IDOL

#21 Aug 24, 2010
RBaddict wrote:
Who here buys Red Bulls or other energy drinks with food stamps? What stores in Pikeville take them for Red Bulls? What stores don't?
If you want to try a REAL energy drink try finding some Neurofuel if you've never tried any.It's made in Knoxville and it actually helps dopamine and seratonin creation and thus gives you mental alertness/energy.It's kind of hard to find in our region but easily found from Johnson City on through TN. and you can also order it via Amazon.com .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keith Hall's withdrawl of a withdrawal decision. 3 min Early Withdrawal 25
Be Cautious: Suspect in Several Violent Home In... 7 min High Water Rates 2
Hospital Floor 5 9 min Munchkin Land 10
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 14 min Injudgement 18,082
Blacks are embarrassing themselves at ferguson. 16 min Shoot The Po Po 7
Busload to FERGUSON, Mo in SUPPORT of POLICE OF... 1 hr Shoot The Apes 20
Appalachian Airplane 1 hr Love Gov 25
Mayor's Wife Blasting Combs 7 hr Kim Smoker 63
IRATE PMC Employees 17 hr Brian 11
judge combs question 23 hr Amy 62
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pikeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pikeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:24 pm PST

NBC Sports12:24PM
Dolphins bring back cornerback R.J. Stanford
NBC Sports12:49 PM
Bengals kicker Nugent perfect since overtime miss - NBC Sports
ESPN12:58 PM
Bengals' Smith (torn triceps) goes on IR
Bleacher Report 8:54 PM
What Experts Are Saying About Bucs vs. Bengals?
NBC Sports 3:52 AM
Jason Avant compares himself to NBA great Tim Duncan