Obama not Coals Main Problem
Coal Is Gone

Richmond, KY

#41 Sep 29, 2012
Check out romney's record on coal as governor of Massacheusetts, the film of him calling for the end of a "killer coal fired plant", he cost coal jobs in that state and was on record as being against coal. He put severe restrictions on the burning of coal.

Now he is supposed to be for coal, you people ar so stupid. You believe anything a politician tells you to get elected...suckers

http://www.vindy.com/news/2012/aug/07/obama-r...
wtf

Richmond, KY

#42 Sep 29, 2012
Proud of my tan wrote:
OH... I see you took time to call a student.
I advise you to try not to stick your foot in your mouth again. My hard earned education and years of applying that education make me wish ignorant people like you stayed off a computor.
Now consider that counter electromotive force and inductive reactance no longer indicate a value! If given an alternative symbolic value for "W" and a systematic devaluation of "R" and "I" what would you do with "E"?
You f' cking liar, now you are educated??

Lmfao

Make up another one.
Romney against Coal

Richmond, KY

#43 Sep 29, 2012
Mitt Hates Coal

Richmond, KY

#44 Sep 29, 2012
So as governor romney was against coal and called it a killer, set regulations to get rid of it. Tried to shut down the Salem Coal fired Power Plant.
But as President he will be coals savior! Poor pitiful fools...lol..A politician will tell you what you want to hear depending on the crowd.
soooo

Winchester, KY

#45 Sep 29, 2012
stupid is as stupid does wrote:
Still not answered the question. That is what happens when someone knows they lost. Changing the subject to get away from admitting they was wrong. This is the most simple way of doing it. If you owned a power plant, would you fire it the cheapest way for you to make the most profit, or you would chose the expensive way to make less profit? Lets hear it?
No, you are not seeing the whole picture. You don't just have another switch to turn to. You have to replace the original switch which in the case costs billions of dollars and you will see your electric prices jump by 2015 because you don't see the whole picture.
stupid is as stupid does

Chesterfield, MO

#46 Sep 29, 2012
I see the village idiot still is trying the diversion tactic because the answer he would have to give would prove his theory is wrong. That is a sure sign of losing a argumetn. Next thing you know, he will be talking about the type in the word argument. Yea, that will make his point 100% right and everyone else in the world wrong. Thanks to me, I just made brain fried in the tanning bed point for him.
soooo

Winchester, KY

#47 Sep 29, 2012
So you say energy plants are switching to gas because it is cheaper. So why are energy prices for (Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia)projected to raise 8x by 2015?
stupid is as stupid does

Chesterfield, MO

#48 Sep 29, 2012
Hey brain fried in the tanning bed, how many people did you call about the last post? What a life you must live to call others and talk about a post on topix. How many English professors did you call about my planned typo?

Why not address the subject now. Would you pay more for one thing if you can get something that works just as good cheaper? A example you might be able to understand. Two telephones cost 10 dollars each. One has a 10 number memory that you can put in 10 numbers to speed dial about a topix post. The other one has a 50 number memory. Nevermind, you dont have 50 friends. LOL
soooo

Winchester, KY

#49 Sep 29, 2012
stupid is as stupid does wrote:
Hey brain fried in the tanning bed, how many people did you call about the last post? What a life you must live to call others and talk about a post on topix. How many English professors did you call about my planned typo?
Why not address the subject now. Would you pay more for one thing if you can get something that works just as good cheaper? A example you might be able to understand. Two telephones cost 10 dollars each. One has a 10 number memory that you can put in 10 numbers to speed dial about a topix post. The other one has a 50 number memory. Nevermind, you dont have 50 friends. LOL
I didn't call anyone. I was chatting with a few friends who happen to be online at the time. When I read your reply I looked up a reference online. Sorry if I ddn't reply to you as quickly as you would like.

Ok, I will not result to insults. You do that because you know your argumment is weak. The answer is you would make an educated decition based on all costs involved. The problem with your argument is that you are not seeing the big picture. A more acurate example would be you have a phone but a new phone has come out that is more energy efficient. Do you invest in the new phone for the lower price to use it or would it be worth the savings? Do you realize how much it costs to build a new power plant or switch one from coal to natural gas?
stupid is as stupid does

Chesterfield, MO

#50 Sep 29, 2012
Unless you are brain fried in the tanning bed, aka proud of tan, wasnt talking to you. If you would have read, he bragged about his life, or lack of by calling people to talk about a topix post. Now to answer your question, no, I do not know how much it would cost to build a new powerplant, or how much it would cost to switch one over from coal to gas. Just the same as you dont. I do know in the original article in this thread, people that owns and had a coal one built said it would lose money except for the summer months. I would be willing to bet if they own them, they would know more about the cost effective way of doing it more than anyone on the Pikeville topix page would.
Proud of my tan

Pikeville, KY

#51 Sep 29, 2012
I not only called some electricians about poor ignorant 'stupid is"...I had a big laugh earlier at the Pizza place and the joke was about the fool who said "add resistors and the flow will not be resisted"

What an idiot.

"Stupid is as stupid does" is the MOST stupid I have ever laughed at.

The idiot actually is saying, in effect, "choke off a supply of water and it will increase the flow".

Dorky uneducated , and probably unemployed, fool!.
Proud of my tan

Pikeville, KY

#52 Sep 29, 2012
But HEY there "Stupid is", take heart in the fact that you are as qualified as the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES about energy and our needs as a nation.

Aren't you just sooooo proud now?

I thought so... You are just beaming with your arms crossed and chest stuck out?
been there

Elkhorn City, KY

#54 Sep 30, 2012
u people r way to smart to b on topix i thought only stupid people got on here this disscussion needs to take place up at Fishtrap where they are gettin ready to strip all that hasnt been striped so they can make a road for the people on upper pompey
Trash Trap Follies

Richmond, KY

#55 Sep 30, 2012
been there wrote:
u people r way to smart to b on topix i thought only stupid people got on here this disscussion needs to take place up at Fishtrap where they are gettin ready to strip all that hasnt been striped so they can make a road for the people on upper pompey
Yea, you know that road is going to follow a coal seam and instead of three poits will go on to Grapevine now "somebody's coal reserve". Got that big new coal loadout facility down at Sloan's branch built just in time.
It's funny, you can't ride an ATV up there or camp on the shore but you can blow it all to hell and run D-11 bulldozers all over it. This is one glaring reason coal needs to go and we need to switch to natural gas. They got all kinds of gas wells on the property and all kinds of roads cut into them "no environmental impact study" but at least they are not stripping off the watershed...
soooo

Winchester, KY

#56 Sep 30, 2012
stupid is as stupid does wrote:
Unless you are brain fried in the tanning bed, aka proud of tan, wasnt talking to you. If you would have read, he bragged about his life, or lack of by calling people to talk about a topix post. Now to answer your question, no, I do not know how much it would cost to build a new powerplant, or how much it would cost to switch one over from coal to gas. Just the same as you dont. I do know in the original article in this thread, people that owns and had a coal one built said it would lose money except for the summer months. I would be willing to bet if they own them, they would know more about the cost effective way of doing it more than anyone on the Pikeville topix page would.
No, I do not know but I have read where changing the one at Louisa would cost millions of dollars. I call BS to them saying they would be losing money. If they were losing money then they would have followed the proper procedures to rais thier rates and would have gotten them raised. With the changes they are now making you can expect rates to raise 8x's by 2015. Thanks to the EPA and Obama.
stupid is as stupid does

Chesterfield, MO

#57 Sep 30, 2012
You dont know, but yet you still call BS on it? Good informed answer. Besides, can you see where I said in the original post about the article. It doesnt say anything about the Louisa plant. That means there is life just away from Eastern Kenucky. Can you show anything that states we will have our rates raised 8X by 2015, or is that something else you dont know about. Just the same as you say thanks to the EPA and President Obama. Which was proven that he doesnt have anything to do with it. People have to blame someone, and it surely can be the kind coal barrens cant it?
Stupid Defence

Richmond, KY

#58 Sep 30, 2012
soooo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I do not know but I have read where changing the one at Louisa would cost millions of dollars. I call BS to them saying they would be losing money. If they were losing money then they would have followed the proper procedures to rais thier rates and would have gotten them raised. With the changes they are now making you can expect rates to raise 8x's by 2015. Thanks to the EPA and Obama.
2 billion for scrubbers, about $700,000,000 for natural gas conversion and you don't have to worry about the next round of clean air regs making the scrubbers obsolete. Yes power will raise if they convert to gas but about half as much a for the scrubbers. When the conversion is paid for the power company will have to reflect that in their billing. It will be natural gas when the conversion takes place...
Want to know

Winchester, KY

#60 Sep 30, 2012
stupid is as stupid does wrote:
You dont know, but yet you still call BS on it? Good informed answer. Besides, can you see where I said in the original post about the article. It doesnt say anything about the Louisa plant. That means there is life just away from Eastern Kenucky. Can you show anything that states we will have our rates raised 8X by 2015, or is that something else you dont know about. Just the same as you say thanks to the EPA and President Obama. Which was proven that he doesnt have anything to do with it. People have to blame someone, and it surely can be the kind coal barrens cant it?
I didn't remember the costs on the changeover. I never said it said anything about the Louisa plant I was stating a reference I was using. I call BS on them saying they are losing money because I know that if they are losing money then there is a process they go through to get the rates raised. They have already started to pay for the changes they will have to make. As for the rates being 8x I have pasted below. It is from the Energy and commerce committee. I blame Obama because is over the EPA and has had coal fired plants shut down.

http://energycommerce.house.gov/significant-r...
wtf

Waco, KY

#61 Oct 1, 2012
Proud of my tan wrote:
I not only called some electricians about poor ignorant 'stupid is"...I had a big laugh earlier at the Pizza place and the joke was about the fool who said "add resistors and the flow will not be resisted"
What an idiot.
"Stupid is as stupid does" is the MOST stupid I have ever laughed at.
The idiot actually is saying, in effect, "choke off a supply of water and it will increase the flow".
Dorky uneducated , and probably unemployed, fool!.
You just described yourself perfectly Gay8.
wtf

Waco, KY

#62 Oct 1, 2012
Proud of my tan wrote:
But HEY there "Stupid is", take heart in the fact that you are as qualified as the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES about energy and our needs as a nation.
Aren't you just sooooo proud now?
I thought so... You are just beaming with your arms crossed and chest stuck out?
You are well qualified, to work on a Garbage Truck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Owns PMC 7 min Jordan 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 22 min ChromiuMan 156,512
Election Recall 25 min Good Riddance Obama 68
Muslims are invading EKY (Apr '16) 53 min enough 40
Ratt Meynolds 59 min Ton Pinrut 2
Why should illegal immigrants have any rights? (May '10) 2 hr dog in heat 106
News Alert 2 hr Pinrut 101
Brian Morris Said 3 hr Stop the Takeover 21

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages