Blue Jean Skirts Should Be Banned
kellerman

Marengo, OH

#288 Feb 19, 2013
Jesus Lover wrote:
I can say proudly that I wear those "UGLY long blue jean skirts.Who is to say they are ugly? You? Since when is your OPINION important. Live your life and let people live theirs. Belive me those skirts are not worn for men or lesbian women to like. Instead they are worn to glorify God in keeping your body hidden from perverts. Why would we show off our bodies? Our bodies are for that special man that God puts in our path. You have an ugly heart to think like that. I pray for those people like you to find God and belive me when you do your life, your worls, your heart will be completly changed. May God Bless your soul blue jean skirt hater!!!
Oh god a lesbian wouldn't be caught dead in a skirt an especially blue jean material.
Shell

Stoneville, NC

#289 Mar 5, 2013
Blue Jean Skirt Hater wrote:
I hate those ankle length blue jean skirts that people of some religions wear. The skirt should be banned from existance. The holy rollers should wear regular clothes like everyone else. Those skirts are so ugly. You always see them running around with white socks and tennis shoes looking like something that fell out of a circus wagon. Come on people get a life and quit wearing those skirts!
Look I don't know who you are but I am one of those so call holy rollers you are criticizing. If ou don't like hat we wear then don't look at us simple as that. Everyone's intitled to their opinion. Thanks for yours. But frankly I could care less what you think about my skirt I'm going to wear what I want.
Luci

Dallas, TX

#290 Mar 5, 2013
Griffin P wrote:
You are so right......those ugly skirts are only worn by the pentacostal snake handlers that live up Fishtrap and Virgie. Everytime I see those nasty women wearing them I laugh at how they look. None of them have a clue as to how life really is. Throw your blue jean skirts away, cut your hair and wear a little make up bitches! Get out of that stupid church and get a life! This is a great topic!
What kind of life do you suppose you want them to get, that of a beer drinking, drug headed, slut. You are what's wrong with this world. People who talk the way you are talking, are OBVIOUSLY jealous of what they have, I pray Jesus will allow you to see his truth.
Luci

Dallas, TX

#291 Mar 5, 2013
LoisFork wrote:
Those poor women that wear those skirts are off in their head. There is nothing attractive about them. Where do you get ugly blue jean skirts like that anyway. They are Dugger wannabees. Ugly, stupid and backward. Those poor girls want to marry anything that will say I do. Usually backwards ugly men that will in turn make them shoot out ugly children that wear ugly blue jean skirts.
Wow! That's so mature.
Luci

Dallas, TX

#292 Mar 5, 2013
This thread is full of a bunch of jealous people. Anyone hating so bad on something like a virtuous woman dressed so as not to lure men, has got to be jealous. Nothing else can explain the ignorance put forth here. Maybe you all will be called out someday and live for God, because he is merciful. He will forgive.
Seven point five inches

Sylacauga, AL

#294 Mar 6, 2013
I would love to marry a blue Jean skirt wearin gal.
I think they look great!
deebo

Lebanon, KY

#295 Mar 6, 2013
no woman screams louder when her shiny white tennis shoes are pinned behind her ears as shes quoting scriptures from the good book! love me some church ladys!
advisor

Blountville, TN

#296 Mar 17, 2013
yvonna fields formerly from phelps invented them

Jonesboro, AR

#299 Jan 22, 2014
I hate those ankle length blue jean skirts that people of some religions wear. The skirt should be banned from existance. The holy rollers should wear regular clothes like everyone else. Those skirts are so ugly. You always see them running around with white socks and tennis shoes looking like something that fell out of a circus wagon. Come on people get a life and quit wearing those skirts!
I agree, and they say women are not supposed to wear what's onto a man. Yet men where blue jeans, the exact material that women wear skirts made from, so they break their own church rules. Blue jean skirts that go down to a womans feet are not lady like, they are no different than the Muslim burka which is used for male dominate Muslims to keep their women in control, same thing with pentecostal women, the church men keep them in line by telling what to wear no ear rings, no makeup, no shorts, no pants, must wear skirts. Did you know in some pentecostal churches the pastors teach it is a sin for a man to have a beard, even though the bible states Jesus himself had a beard. Not a big fan of Pentecostalism at all, way to controlling
Cult Fashion

Pikeville, KY

#300 Apr 21, 2014
The cults wear them. Pure evil.
Jlmcel

Tulsa, OK

#301 Jul 12, 2014
Everyone always asks what religion are u ? It's not really about the religion it's about having a personal relationship with God and wanting to strive to be more like Him there are a lot of people that feel if they are dressing the part then that's all that matters but if that's the case and they don't have Christ I'm their life then their just as lost as any sinner in the world. I grew up in a pentacostal church and I got out of church for a while and then God dealt with my heart now I am getting everything for myself and not doing it just because that's all I know, God will convict your heart and when you fall in love with Him and desire more of what He has for you, you will want to dress modest and I believe dressing modest is being covered up and not drawing attention to yourself. Gods word says in 1Timothy 2:9 Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments. It is important to follow what Gods word says and desire to have His word in your heart not just following a religion; it's all about a relationship with God.
Jlmcel

Tulsa, OK

#302 Jul 12, 2014
Jesus lover,
You may wear those long skirts and I do as well but being hateful like that apparently that's what u do just because that's what u was taught and you don't have God truly living in your heart ; You never see God in the bible treating the unbelievers like that. It's not your dress that saves you it's about truly falling in love with God and desiring for Him to live inside your heart. God bless!
fair lady

United States

#303 Jul 15, 2014
I have reads some of these threads. It is sad you all don't have anything to worry about but denim skirts. What a world you must live in. I guess you are blessed with everything that you have no other worries
Mr L

Jonesboro, AR

#304 Aug 1, 2014
I happen to agree those blue jean skirts that drag the floor look terrible, and what's even worse is women that wear white tennis shoes with them. I'm sure someone is going to say well you just don't under our religion and the holiness factors of Christianity, to which I would respond I'm a southern baptism you fool. I've saw pictures of pentecostal girls on basketball teams and they make the girls wear a big long uniform that resembles a muslim burqa without the head covering

If you think I'm joking then check out the link below

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2286/220042154...
sisser

Garrett, KY

#305 Aug 1, 2014
They look like they'd be really hot to wear like you would burn up
making the journey too

Kindersley, Canada

#306 Jun 21, 2015
Wow, I cannot believe some of the rude, blatantly unkind and even uneducated comments on here. Reasonable discussion and disagreement is good, just hiding behind a computer and treating others disrespectfully not so much! Let's start with the comments about who is going to heaven. Scripure is clear that we are saved by faith in Christ, not by merely calling him Lord, Lord, not by keeping outward rules, not by appearances but by turning to Him as the only way for our sins to be dealt with . Does wearing skirts commend us to God? No, it doesn't create a kind of merit by which we are now more righteous than others, since our own righteousness is as filthy rags according to scritpure. But a woman who wants to honor God's design may indeed chose to wear skirts, being convicted that this is pleasing to Him that she no longer base her identity on the culture around her. She may also do so to honor her husband, and to choose to walk in a new modesty that runs counter to our "if you've got it flaunt it culture". We also have to leave room for the Holy Spirit to speak to other women on this issue, rather than making rules we try to pressure others to obey. Paul says that part of our witness is our modesty, godliness and a meek and quiet spirit and he makes specific reference that for a woman making a claim to godliness, our dress will reflect that. Now I know a few women who attend a church that has taken this scripture to mean dullness and dowdiness is next to godliness. I am not sure this is what Paul was getting at. The women all look washed out and wear the dullest colors imaginable. They stand like weary servants, allowing the men to always eat first and even second before they will sit to eat. There is no joy on their faces.
They are doing it out of legalism, not joyful serving. It's been made a rule. They have forgotten that Jesus, our model for what being a real man is about, came to serve not be served. They have ignored the scritpure which tells a man that he is also a servant and that he is to give his life for his wife, as Christ did for the church. They have forgotten that submission is not something to be forced on a woman, but it is voluntary cooperation with loving leadership, and in difficult situations,
it is the woman's choice to honor God . This is what happens with selective focus. We have to take the whole counsel of God not just certain parts. Suffice to say, that while we aren't to be flashy and calling attnetion to ourselves, God made such color and rich variety in nature that I am sure its quite alright for us to have some joyful color in us and on us! If God has been dealing with a woman on the issue of godly femininity and she wears skirts, good for her. If a woman prefers jeans fine too. One can find ways to be modest and not a stubmling block to others in both cases.
Sick

Phelps, KY

#307 Jun 21, 2015
Your Sick!
pillsville

Louisville, KY

#308 Jun 28, 2015
They that are in soft raiment are in king's houses.
Energy

Elkhorn City, KY

#310 Jan 10, 2016
Those skirts are comical to look at. Nothing but a cult.
jruiz

United States

#312 Jan 30, 2016
I honestly am curious why woman of that religion wear those types of skirts. Today I saw a real beatiful girl wearn those jean skirts and I thut to myself "how beatiful how she is trying to be faithful to her God and how decent that is." But my question is, is there any scriptual bases for such a style of dress code or is it mere tradition. And wut religion is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 2 min Uncle Tom 37,670
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min Chalupa Batgirl 167,763
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 1 hr Trump Lies 5,558
Who Is Next 3 hr big daddy here 57
men who are jealous of thier own children (Nov '11) 4 hr Jennifer 97
Jeff Vanderbeck 4 hr Unsubscribe 15
Maroon Tahoe / Tinted windows 5 hr Karma 9
JK Got Sliced By the Blue Raven 9 hr Ghost Author 27
Ray Jones for Pike County Judge Executive Thu wtf 38

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages