Brad Hall of the Pike Chamber needs to earn his pay!

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Actual Worker

Pikeville, KY

#1 Jun 22, 2010
Does Brad Hall not have better things to do than surf the Internet and send unprofessional, ignorant e-mails to businesses in the area? I received one yesterday about a "War on Coal" and how he feels it's caused by our current administration. First of all, it's not Brad Hall's job to give us his opinion, plus I really don't care for his opinion on politics or coal. As for coal mining, it seems to be doing well except for some safety issues, so he's needs to get updated on current events. The actual war of this country is battling people like Brad Hall, who surf the Internet and our taxes are paying for his salary. People who do show up for work, but they don't work! It seems to me he should be out trying to help the local economy, not on the Internet spreading his opinions. It's time for change alright, and the change needs to be someone competent running the Pike County Chamber of Commerce.
Whoopie

Pikeville, KY

#2 Jun 22, 2010
He thinks he is so smart strutting around like Napolean. He is clueless.
The Facts

Virgie, KY

#3 Jun 22, 2010
Actual Worker wrote:
Does Brad Hall not have better things to do than surf the Internet and send unprofessional, ignorant e-mails to businesses in the area? I received one yesterday about a "War on Coal" and how he feels it's caused by our current administration. First of all, it's not Brad Hall's job to give us his opinion, plus I really don't care for his opinion on politics or coal. As for coal mining, it seems to be doing well except for some safety issues, so he's needs to get updated on current events. The actual war of this country is battling people like Brad Hall, who surf the Internet and our taxes are paying for his salary. People who do show up for work, but they don't work! It seems to me he should be out trying to help the local economy, not on the Internet spreading his opinions. It's time for change alright, and the change needs to be someone competent running the Pike County Chamber of Commerce.
Your taxes don't pay his salary, but he does need to focus on his job. It's not all about getting your picture in the paper and trying to force his positions down the throats of people. I think he's a little too inmature for the position, at least it seems.
same applies

United States

#4 Jun 22, 2010
Actual Worker wrote:
Does Brad Hall not have better things to do than surf the Internet and send unprofessional, ignorant e-mails to businesses in the area? I received one yesterday about a "War on Coal" and how he feels it's caused by our current administration. First of all, it's not Brad Hall's job to give us his opinion, plus I really don't care for his opinion on politics or coal. As for coal mining, it seems to be doing well except for some safety issues, so he's needs to get updated on current events. The actual war of this country is battling people like Brad Hall, who surf the Internet and our taxes are paying for his salary. People who do show up for work, but they don't work! It seems to me he should be out trying to help the local economy, not on the Internet spreading his opinions. It's time for change alright, and the change needs to be someone competent running the Pike County Chamber of Commerce.
The same might apply to the courthouse too,esp D.Deskins office,the girls in his office spend their day in pikeville running around or at the arcade at millard.Wish i got paid 1,000 a week for leisure time, thats what our tax paying dollars are being spent on
same applies

United States

#5 Jun 22, 2010
That shoulda been biweekly,not weekly There are 3 of them almost everyday,sometimes 4,Sure makes me wonder how they get by and hold a job.
id say

Glen Allen, VA

#6 Jun 23, 2010
part of that position is to have your face in the paper. It is to promote the business opportunities for the city of pikeville along witht he businesses that belong to the chamber. Brad may not be in his late 60's which is what most people in this area like to see in positions such as these so that things are not progressive.

the emails that he sends out are meant to be informative. the information of the world around you will have an affect on you locally eventually. Brad is upstanding member of the community that has went thru alot, to attack his physical demeanor is just once again the "hill mindset" to attack those who have worked their way up and gained knowledge and education. the city of Pikeville and its citizens should feel lucky you have Brad representing you in the world outside of pikeville.
Laura Hall Post 1

Athens, GA

#7 Jun 23, 2010
Dear Eastern Kentucky Friends,

My name is Laura Ford Hall. I am Brad Hall's wife... I love the Lord, I love my family and my husband, and I do not write this with words of anger, but yes... with some hurt. However, I know that if anyone is in a public-type job, some people will agree with them and others will not.

While casually searching online, I came across these postings... not a great way to begin an afternoon, but in the past three years, I have lost my mother to cancer; my husband, Brad, has battled and overcome cancer with treatment overseen by the help of our Lord above; and I have been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease... so something like this is unnecessary drama. Life has enough of it's own than to be very torn up over a situation like this. But, I could not help but speak truth in this situation because it hurt my feelings so very much.

So that all reading will understand my feelings, my husband and I have been married nearly 8 years, and we both grew up in eastern Kentucky. We love the area in which we live very much. Neither of us would ever email anything that we thought would be a hurtful thing to the area. However, it is my husband's job to inform businesses on legislature that is passed or not passed that affects business. Coal affects every aspect of eastern Kentucky because, right now, it is still the absolute #1 economic income for our region. While the Chamber, the Office of the City of Pikeville, and the Office of the County Judge all work to bring other means of job resources into the area... it is a slow process, and because of the population of Pike Co., many businesses/factories do not show interest in coming here. The corporate business/factory leaders typically only look at the population within a radius of 60 90 miles, not understanding that Pike Co. pulls in workers from VA and WV as well. But that aside, the Chamber, the Office of the City of Pikeville, and the Judge's Office are working on economic development daily.

My husband was saddened the other day when the Corp of Engineers rejected the piece of legislature entitled N.W.P. 21. It endangers all surface and mountain top removal mining. Right now, without coal mining, many if not most people would move away, leaving Pike County and Pikeville for jobs outside of the area. Therefore, as those in the positions of economic development work to get other means of jobs (and they have been doing so for many years - my husband has only been at the Chamber for 3 years), I think that all are concerned about protecting coal due to the lack of other economic provision for east Kentucky at this time.

PLEASE SEE NEXT POST...
good advice

Elkhorn City, KY

#10 Jun 23, 2010
Laura, don't let these people on Topix know they can get to you. My best advice is to ignore them, trust me they will go away. My family and I have had our name brandished about unfairly on here. It's best to just ignore them and consider the source. For the most part the posters on here are just trouble makers. They are jealous of young, educated, people like you and Brad, who have postitive attitudes and actually help shape the face of our community.

Brad was right to encourage the local people on the issue. The person who started this post is just clueless. They don't even know enough to know the Chamber is financially supported by the local business ownens and not the local,state, or federal government.
hey

Pikeville, KY

#11 Jun 23, 2010
brad is a good man...thank you for trying to inform people of whats going on...but it is obvious that some people are too ignorant to see whats going on!
Actual Worker

Virgie, KY

#12 Jun 23, 2010
Laura Hall Post 1 wrote:
Dear Eastern Kentucky Friends,
My name is Laura Ford Hall. I am Brad Hall's wife... I love the Lord, I love my family and my husband, and I do not write this with words of anger, but yes... with some hurt. However, I know that if anyone is in a public-type job, some people will agree with them and others will not.
While casually searching online, I came across these postings... not a great way to begin an afternoon, but in the past three years, I have lost my mother to cancer; my husband, Brad, has battled and overcome cancer with treatment overseen by the help of our Lord above; and I have been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease... so something like this is unnecessary drama. Life has enough of it's own than to be very torn up over a situation like this. But, I could not help but speak truth in this situation because it hurt my feelings so very much.
So that all reading will understand my feelings, my husband and I have been married nearly 8 years, and we both grew up in eastern Kentucky. We love the area in which we live very much. Neither of us would ever email anything that we thought would be a hurtful thing to the area. However, it is my husband's job to inform businesses on legislature that is passed or not passed that affects business. Coal affects every aspect of eastern Kentucky because, right now, it is still the absolute #1 economic income for our region. While the Chamber, the Office of the City of Pikeville, and the Office of the County Judge all work to bring other means of job resources into the area... it is a slow process, and because of the population of Pike Co., many businesses/factories do not show interest in coming here. The corporate business/factory leaders typically only look at the population within a radius of 60 90 miles, not understanding that Pike Co. pulls in workers from VA and WV as well. But that aside, the Chamber, the Office of the City of Pikeville, and the Judge's Office are working on economic development daily.
My husband was saddened the other day when the Corp of Engineers rejected the piece of legislature entitled N.W.P. 21. It endangers all surface and mountain top removal mining. Right now, without coal mining, many if not most people would move away, leaving Pike County and Pikeville for jobs outside of the area. Therefore, as those in the positions of economic development work to get other means of jobs (and they have been doing so for many years - my husband has only been at the Chamber for 3 years), I think that all are concerned about protecting coal due to the lack of other economic provision for east Kentucky at this time.
PLEASE SEE NEXT POST...
No doubt you're a nice, sincere girl, but we've all heard about the situations you've gone through and to be frank you need to grow up and toughen up. I am not trying to be mean, but you're not the only one in this world who has suffered and I do feel badly for you. As for this thread it is not about you. It's about your husband NOT doing his job proficiently. If he feels he has to send e-mails, they should be beneficial to the businesses, not e-mails with a political slant or a cause to try to benefit himself. As for coal, we ALL support coal and most of us are sick of groups and individuals using this issue for personal gain. Bottomline: I don't need your husband's expertise on coal or politics - really. He should be doing ACTUAL work! God bless!
Why

United States

#13 Jun 24, 2010
Actual work please tell us who you are and where you work? Then we can examine you and see just how perfect you are!
Actual Worker

Pikeville, KY

#14 Jun 24, 2010
Why wrote:
Actual work please tell us who you are and where you work? Then we can examine you and see just how perfect you are!
My identity is not the issue. As I stated from my first post, I am just someone who gets e-mails from Brad Hall and I personally am sick of them. Maybe he can look at his e-mail recepient list if he wants to know who I am, but from what I'm hearing there are more than just me complaining. I really don't have the time to read his e-mails if they're not going to benefit my job or the business I work at. I thought the Chamber was a non-political establishment to help stimulate business growth. Has something changed? I think Brad Hall should focus on running the Pike County of Chamber in an appropriate, professional manner, which means focusing on ALL businesses not just the coal companies in an unbiased, non-political manner. Coal is doing as well as any other business in this economical climate. It takes various businesses to stimulate an economy, and Mr. Hall should get educated on this very important fact. As for examining me, I'll be the first to admit I'm not perfect, but I am an ACTUAL WORKER who EARNS my pay.
Why

United States

#15 Jun 24, 2010
Actual Worker it does make a difference! You called out Brad, but you are hiding behind a computer. Would it not have been better had you called him up and voiced your concerns?No you, Actual Worker, are a coward! Grow up and call or even better go to where Brad works sit down and discuss your concerns. Like an adult! But no you will just hide behind your computer and smart off!
Why

United States

#16 Jun 24, 2010
Actual worker wrote "I'll be the first to admit I'm not perfect, but I am an ACTUAL WORKER who EARNS my pay."

Tell us who you are, where you work and what you do and let us judge you as you have judged Brad! Maybe in your eyes you are almost perfect, but the rest of us might not agree with you! Please don't forget to tell us how much you earn!
Actual Worker

Pikeville, KY

#17 Jun 25, 2010
Why wrote:
Actual Worker it does make a difference! You called out Brad, but you are hiding behind a computer. Would it not have been better had you called him up and voiced your concerns?No you, Actual Worker, are a coward! Grow up and call or even better go to where Brad works sit down and discuss your concerns. Like an adult! But no you will just hide behind your computer and smart off!
This is a public forum. It can be used to post concerns about individuals in leadership positions and that is exactly what I did. You can call me whatever you want - I really do not care. I only posted facts. I have no reason to lie on Brad Hall. I actually have spoken with Brad Hall and to be quite frank, I found him to be over confident and somewhat arrogant. In my personal opinion, I also feel he is easily controlled and cannot form opinions on his own. The point is it was poor judgment on his part to use his job to circulate politcal e-mails; he should stick to his job descriptions. People have been fired for those types of actions. I was just simply posting / addressing an issue that has been long overdue. As for hiding behind a computer, you're doing it as well and I could care less who you are.
Why

Lawrenceburg, KY

#18 Jun 25, 2010
Actual Worker you called out Brad by name, if I were to call you out by name I would have told you my name! So now back to the questions you don't want to answer.

Tell us who you are, where you work and what you do and let us judge you as you have judged Brad! Maybe in your eyes you are almost perfect, but the rest of us might not agree with you! Please don't forget to tell us how much you earn!

You also say "actually have spoken with Brad Hall and to be quite frank, I found him to be over confident and somewhat arrogant. In my personal opinion, I also feel he is easily controlled and cannot form opinions on his own. The point is it was poor judgment on his part to use his job to circulate politcal e-mails; he should stick to his job."

I understand how you feel! I find you too be a coward, if you have to hide behind a computer to talk about someone, calling them out by name, but yet you won't give
yours! I also, in my opinion, think that you are a terrible person to work with! You are, in my opinion, someone who always starts drama, but you are not smart enough to know what you are doing. Causing everyone you work with to be miserable! But I am only guessing because you won't answer the questions that have been asked of you! When you say that Brad used poor judgement, what about you? Why did you not go straight to Brad with your concerns? I know it seemed easy, you could talk, accuse, and bad mouth him and you could hide behind your computer and your name would never have to be mentioned! This is the true definition of a coward. Please hurry back with a reply because we all know that you really do care what people think of you or if you don't care as you have said you would tell us your name and where you work and how much you make so that we can hide behind our computers and tell you what we really think about the way you do your job! Please hurry! I can't hardly wait!
Why

Lawrenceburg, KY

#19 Jun 25, 2010
Hey! Actual worker where are all the other people complaining about the emails that Brad is sending! I bet they know how to use their spam filter or there delete button! You don't even have to open them!
Tina

Winchester, KY

#20 Jun 26, 2010
Actual Worker needs to get a life before he tries to stir up trouble on one of the leaders in town who is trying to make a difference in everyone's life in this community. As it has been stated above, Brad does NOT work for the taxpayers, so Actual Worker needs to get his facts straight before spouting off about someone. Actual Worker obviously does not have a clue about what the job of the Chamber is. As Laura explained above, the emails ARE meant to help the economic climate of the region. Regardless of your political affiliation, if you live in Eastern Kentucky and are concerned about jobs, you must be concerned about the coal industry. And, unless you live under a rock, anyone can tell you the coal industry is under attack right now. If Actual Worker has a problem with the emails he receives, he can ask to be removed from the email distribution list. That would be the intelligent response to his concern. If Actual Worker doesn't think Brad is doing his job and he is a business OWNER, then he can choose to cancel his membership to the Chamber. But, I doubt Actual Worker is intelligent enough to be an owner. After all, he is just a worker. This would be an un-intelligent move on any business owner's part because the Pike County Chamber does a lot of good work for our community. Our Chamber is actually recognized as one of the best in the state, and this is due to Brad's examplary leadership.
As far as the posts about Laura, it is true she responded with some personal information, but since her husband was attacked on her, I guess it's understandable that she took it personally. As a member of this community, I thank Brad, Laura, and the others at the Chamber who are helping make progress in our region! And, Actual Worker, if you aren't part of the solution, then you are part of the problem!
Tina

Winchester, KY

#21 Jun 26, 2010
Typo:
*attacked on here
Actual Worker

Pikeville, KY

#22 Jun 26, 2010
Tina wrote:
Actual Worker needs to get a life before he tries to stir up trouble on one of the leaders in town who is trying to make a difference in everyone's life in this community. As it has been stated above, Brad does NOT work for the taxpayers, so Actual Worker needs to get his facts straight before spouting off about someone. Actual Worker obviously does not have a clue about what the job of the Chamber is. As Laura explained above, the emails ARE meant to help the economic climate of the region. Regardless of your political affiliation, if you live in Eastern Kentucky and are concerned about jobs, you must be concerned about the coal industry. And, unless you live under a rock, anyone can tell you the coal industry is under attack right now. If Actual Worker has a problem with the emails he receives, he can ask to be removed from the email distribution list. That would be the intelligent response to his concern. If Actual Worker doesn't think Brad is doing his job and he is a business OWNER, then he can choose to cancel his membership to the Chamber. But, I doubt Actual Worker is intelligent enough to be an owner. After all, he is just a worker. This would be an un-intelligent move on any business owner's part because the Pike County Chamber does a lot of good work for our community. Our Chamber is actually recognized as one of the best in the state, and this is due to Brad's examplary leadership.
As far as the posts about Laura, it is true she responded with some personal information, but since her husband was attacked on her, I guess it's understandable that she took it personally. As a member of this community, I thank Brad, Laura, and the others at the Chamber who are helping make progress in our region! And, Actual Worker, if you aren't part of the solution, then you are part of the problem!
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it as I am entitled to my opinion. As for the coal industry, it is not "under attack." Keep drinking the Kool-aid. I have numerous family members and friends who work in the mines and if you have read the local paper lately there are coal jobs listed often. I will take the advice of one of the previous posters, Mr. Hall's e-mails will go to my Spam folder and be deleted on arrival. They're useless and that is the problem. I sure wish I got paid for staying behind a computer and e-mailing nonsense. It must be nice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chemicals dumped in creek Kimper KY 4 min had enough 1
Muslims murder Christians 7 min Better historian 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min What if 135,681
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 15 min uncle tom 26,210
Why Are So Many People Leaving Pike County ? (May '11) 20 min Little Hawk 597
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 26 min Musikologist 24,001
why is rt 80 stopped near Pikeville 26 min FYI 4
another expo crappy acts post 1 hr ThomasLittlebrain 14
PC Board Battle Royale 10 hr Ronald was a poser 85
dr. james hurley 13 hr Failure 5
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]