daisy

Pikeville, KY

#23 Sep 24, 2013
I am on road rage's side! Drivers are crazy and careless these days! They act if we are the bad drivers. going 80 up town mountain yup been there done that and yes I have been cut off right at the top of the hill by some jerk wad who comes right over on me just to be a smart azz. People are stupid at times. No wonder there are so many careless accidents and fender benders out there.
lol

Hi Hat, KY

#24 Sep 24, 2013
daisy wrote:
I am on road rage's side! Drivers are crazy and careless these days! They act if we are the bad drivers. going 80 up town mountain yup been there done that and yes I have been cut off right at the top of the hill by some jerk wad who comes right over on me just to be a smart azz. People are stupid at times. No wonder there are so many careless accidents and fender benders out there.
What side her broad side?
freaked me out

Elkhorn City, KY

#25 Sep 24, 2013
driving 101 wrote:
My guess is that you are proof of that. This was not the first incident you have been involved in, you were even in an verbal altercation in a PARKING LOT over a parking space.
it wasnt me either, i have never been involved in an altercation in a parking lot.
Thinking man

Harold, KY

#27 Sep 24, 2013
road_rage wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yea, goodness..call the cops because I was speeding...arrest me now...forget about the dope heads and drunks, those that text while driving, the multi-taskers, AND those who play games on the road!!! You're such a hypocrite. You're saying that you've NEVER sped up to pass a car? You're full of it!!!
I should learn from my "mistake"?? Hahahaha...what exactly WAS my mistake? Trying to pass an idiot who wouldn't let me pass? Yes, possibly...but perhaps you can foresee the future, and have telepathic powers, but I have not. When I pass a car, heaven forbid, I actually pass it. To be in a passing lane, you intend to pass. I should have known that she was going to speed up, because I should know everything before I get behind the wheel, like you. I can't pinpoint every idiot on the road, but you obviously can. You are the PERFECT driver. You're the GOD of the road. You see things before they happen. You NEVER go over the speed limit, and you part the waters away from all idiots on the road. Yea, right!!
Honey, understanding the road and reading drivers intentions has nothing to do with mind reading and telepathic powers. It's called safe driving. Some call it defensive driving. It's when you always automatically assume that other drivers are going to do something foolish or be over aggressive. And you prepare for that. You should know that in this area that people are going to be over aggressive and be prepared for that. When I am driving I automatically assume that cars are going to pass in the wrong lane, swerve in front of me, run red lights. When I am driving. If I see car coming up and on ramp to get on the highway, I get over or back off and slow down. When I see a car trying to pull onto the highway from a side road I find my self thinking, what would I do if this car was to pull out in front of me? What would I do? And when I come to a place were people should merge I don't charge ahead and try to pass them. I back off and let them over. But then again I am the kind of driver. I see someone in town pulling out from speedway, I let them onto the road. You must automatically assume cars around you are most likely do something foolish and be over aggressive and be prepared to react. That's called defensive driving. It's no big secret or mystery or involves mind reading. It's being a smart driver. And guess what. if I was in your situation I would have reacted completely different. If you had to go as fast as you said just to pass that other car then most likely it would have been fine for you to just stay behind and be patient. And then this little incident would have never happened now would it? See that's defensive driving. And as for the merge issue. I seen a car come charging up beside me in the slow lane I would back off and let them over. You say she should have been the one to slow down and get over not me. You have to understand people don't think that way. The are more then likely do something over aggressive and stupid like in the situation. That is why you should have just backed off. Get it? it's defensive driving. It's driving smart. Anticipating a drivers move. There is no big secret about it. That just shows the reason why we are at odds on this is because are completely different driver types. You are and aggressive driver and I'm not. Sorry but you are. You should never have been driving 80 mph on a road that the speed limit is no more then what 45 to 50? I can't help but to ask why so fast? And I f something actually would have happened out there on the road and you both ended up going to court. If you had to tell your story to the judge he would tell you both the same thing I have here and ask you the same questions. Don't you think your driving was also kinda reckless?

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#28 Sep 25, 2013
Thinking man wrote:
<quoted text>Honey, understanding the road and reading drivers intentions has nothing to do with mind reading and telepathic powers. It's called safe driving. Some call it defensive driving. It's when you always automatically assume that other drivers are going to do something foolish or be over aggressive. And you prepare for that. You should know that in this area that people are going to be over aggressive and be prepared for that. When I am driving I automatically assume that cars are going to pass in the wrong lane, swerve in front of me, run red lights. When I am driving. If I see car coming up and on ramp to get on the highway, I get over or back off and slow down. When I see a car trying to pull onto the highway from a side road I find my self thinking, what would I do if this car was to pull out in front of me? What would I do? And when I come to a place were people should merge I don't charge ahead and try to pass them. I back off and let them over. But then again I am the kind of driver. I see someone in town pulling out from speedway, I let them onto the road. You must automatically assume cars around you are most likely do something foolish and be over aggressive and be prepared to react. That's called defensive driving. It's no big secret or mystery or involves mind reading. It's being a smart driver. And guess what. if I was in your situation I would have reacted completely different. If you had to go as fast as you said just to pass that other car then most likely it would have been fine for you to just stay behind and be patient. And then this little incident would have never happened now would it? See that's defensive driving. And as for the merge issue. I seen a car come charging up beside me in the slow lane I would back off and let them over. You say she should have been the one to slow down and get over not me. You have to understand people don't think that way. The are more then likely do something over aggressive and stupid like in the situation. That is why you should have just backed off. Get it? it's defensive driving. It's driving smart. Anticipating a drivers move. There is no big secret about it. That just shows the reason why we are at odds on this is because are completely different driver types. You are and aggressive driver and I'm not. Sorry but you are. You should never have been driving 80 mph on a road that the speed limit is no more then what 45 to 50? I can't help but to ask why so fast? And I f something actually would have happened out there on the road and you both ended up going to court. If you had to tell your story to the judge he would tell you both the same thing I have here and ask you the same questions. Don't you think your driving was also kinda reckless?
Honey, this is not Sunday school, so stop preaching.
I know where I stand....and what you have to say means nothing. You're one of these who can do no wrong...or so in your mind.
I've been driving for almost 15 years, and the last accident I had was within the first couple of weeks...so I'm doing just fine without your input.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Point Pleasant, WV

#29 Sep 25, 2013
daisy wrote:
Lol, it doesn't matter what we say to these idiots. I believe that they are those morons who cut people off, lol.
Thinking man

United States

#32 Sep 25, 2013
road_rage wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, this is not Sunday school, so stop preaching.
I know where I stand....and what you have to say means nothing. You're one of these who can do no wrong...or so in your mind.
I've been driving for almost 15 years, and the last accident I had was within the first couple of weeks...so I'm doing just fine without your input.
Wow. You just made your self look even more foolish. I assumed that you were just a young inexperienced driver that just doesn't know any better. But I would expect better from someone that has 15 years of driving experience. Sad. I'm sorry that you expected to start this forum and everyone would just automatically be on your side and say you are such a victim. That's not going to happen. Sad how you still can't see that you were also part of the problem. If you want to be so narrow minded and set in your ways that you can't listen to a reasonable, logical opinion then go ahead. You said you had an accident. I would say that you are headed for a couple more in your life. One day in your life you will realize what I am saying. One day you will realize that person on topix that was trying to talk to me was right all along, I just didn't see it. If you want to be so narrow minded that you can't listen to the opinion of an experienced driver, that will most likely help you later in life if you would just listen, go ahead. You can do whatever the hell you wanna do!! I see what kind of person I am dealing with now so I don't care. Have a nice life.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Point Pleasant, WV

#33 Sep 25, 2013
Thinking man wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. You just made your self look even more foolish. I assumed that you were just a young inexperienced driver that just doesn't know any better. But I would expect better from someone that has 15 years of driving experience. Sad. I'm sorry that you expected to start this forum and everyone would just automatically be on your side and say you are such a victim. That's not going to happen. Sad how you still can't see that you were also part of the problem. If you want to be so narrow minded and set in your ways that you can't listen to a reasonable, logical opinion then go ahead. You said you had an accident. I would say that you are headed for a couple more in your life. One day in your life you will realize what I am saying. One day you will realize that person on topix that was trying to talk to me was right all along, I just didn't see it. If you want to be so narrow minded that you can't listen to the opinion of an experienced driver, that will most likely help you later in life if you would just listen, go ahead. You can do whatever the hell you wanna do!! I see what kind of person I am dealing with now so I don't care. Have a nice life.
Hahahahaha...keeping the posts long aren't you? What's the matter? All your "friend" won't talk to you? No partner at home? What a sad life you lead, so you feel the need to spill your "advice" online.
Call me what you want. I don't care.
Thinking man

Harold, KY

#35 Sep 25, 2013
road_rage wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha...keeping the posts long aren't you? What's the matter? All your "friend" won't talk to you? No partner at home? What a sad life you lead, so you feel the need to spill your "advice" online.
Call me what you want. I don't care.
Interesting. It's interesting that I expected you to come back with a logical, reasonable post trying to defend your position. But you come back trying to insult someone. That is usually what people do when they know that they have lost their argument. Instead of trying to defend your position you come back with put downs. It still hasn't hit you that maybe you were wrong as well. Another sign of being completely childish and immature. Good job.:) By the way. Go back and read your past post on this forum. Notice how no one has agreed with you. hmmmmmmm? hint hint. No one agrees with you. Notice how no one. And I mean not one single person on this entire forum has agreed with you. Still think you did nothing wrong huh? lol.
pure BS

Hi Hat, KY

#37 Sep 26, 2013
road_rage wrote:
Ok so..something has been bothering me...what the h is going on with drivers lately???
This car was in front of me
going up town mountain. She was going a pretty good pace, but I don't like following people who slow way down on turns. So, on the mountain where it turns into two lanes, I go to pass her. Not really paying attention to my speed, I noticed that it was taking forever to pass her. I looked down, and I was going 80 mph. I finally pass her as we get to the sign that tells you to merge. Two cars were up ahead, so I start slowing down to let them merge, about two car lengths. Then, all of the sudden, she guns it to get in between me and the other car. She swerved over and if I hadn't of swerved over into on coming traffic, I would have hit her rear quarter panel and spun her around. What the h has gotten into these stupid people??
Seriously, what was the point in doing that? She couldn't get anywhere faster. There was two slow cars in front of us!!
Dag gone!! Morons!!! I should have just hit her. And I hate to sound that way, but if she died in the wreck, she would have deserved it.
You type " She couldn't get anywhere faster. There was two slow cars in front of us!!
Dag gone!! Morons!!!" You admitted to driving 80 in a 45 while approaching "two slow cars" who were most likely driving the speed limit. I don't see your logic here!!
The truth is you approached three "slow moving cars" in your haste to pass all three at 80 mph you realize you couldn't make it and just cut the last driver off. Those drivers were obeying the law, you come along with your immature road rage antics causing a scene and try blaming them.
'You couldn't get anywhere faster. There was three slow cars in front of you!!
Dag gone!! Moron!!!'

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Point Pleasant, WV

#39 Sep 26, 2013
pure BS wrote:
<quoted text>You type " She couldn't get anywhere faster. There was two slow cars in front of us!!
Dag gone!! Morons!!!" You admitted to driving 80 in a 45 while approaching "two slow cars" who were most likely driving the speed limit. I don't see your logic here!!
The truth is you approached three "slow moving cars" in your haste to pass all three at 80 mph you realize you couldn't make it and just cut the last driver off. Those drivers were obeying the law, you come along with your immature road rage antics causing a scene and try blaming them.
'You couldn't get anywhere faster. There was three slow cars in front of you!!
Dag gone!! Moron!!!'
What?? There were only two cars, and I stated that I slowed up and got a SAFE two car lengths behind. I didn't cut anyone off. Read the story before judging dumbass.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Point Pleasant, WV

#40 Sep 26, 2013
Thinking man wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. It's interesting that I expected you to come back with a logical, reasonable post trying to defend your position. But you come back trying to insult someone. That is usually what people do when they know that they have lost their argument. Instead of trying to defend your position you come back with put downs. It still hasn't hit you that maybe you were wrong as well. Another sign of being completely childish and immature. Good job.:) By the way. Go back and read your past post on this forum. Notice how no one has agreed with you. hmmmmmmm? hint hint. No one agrees with you. Notice how no one. And I mean not one single person on this entire forum has agreed with you. Still think you did nothing wrong huh? lol.
You admit that my posts are logical and reasonable,..since you expected it! Which states that what I've been saying is reasonable, and you're only arguing just to argue. Little pathetic if you ask me.
Oh...read the whole thread, not just my posts. I'm pretty sure that even this last page has someone who agrees.
Just because you write words on a forum to TRY to make friends, doesn't mean that the rest of us do. I have enough friends, and I DON'T care what ANYONE thinks of me. Sounds to me like you're just a dumb kid who still thinks that being with the cool kids is awesome!!
pure BS

Hi Hat, KY

#41 Sep 26, 2013
road_rage wrote:
<quoted text>
What?? There were only two cars, and I stated that I slowed up and got a SAFE two car lengths behind. I didn't cut anyone off. Read the story before judging dumbass.
You dumb SOB!! You said you were following 1 then sped upon 2 that were merging over!!
Keep your lies straight. You ignorant pos

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Point Pleasant, WV

#42 Sep 26, 2013
pure BS wrote:
<quoted text>You dumb SOB!! You said you were following 1 then sped upon 2 that were merging over!!
Keep your lies straight. You ignorant pos
Name calling?? Real mature. The one wasn't following the speed limit. And second, who said that I was intending on passing all three? If I was going to, I wouldn't have started slowing down. That's when she cut over and threw me in the other lane.
Keep your stupidity to yourself next time ;P
Thinking man

United States

#45 Sep 26, 2013
road_rage wrote:
<quoted text>
You admit that my posts are logical and reasonable,..since you expected it! Which states that what I've been saying is reasonable, and you're only arguing just to argue. Little pathetic if you ask me.
Oh...read the whole thread, not just my posts. I'm pretty sure that even this last page has someone who agrees.
Just because you write words on a forum to TRY to make friends, doesn't mean that the rest of us do. I have enough friends, and I DON'T care what ANYONE thinks of me. Sounds to me like you're just a dumb kid who still thinks that being with the cool kids is awesome!!
I have read the entire thread. See all of those little red x's and clueless symbols on your post. That means no one agrees with you sweety. Because there are so many holes in your story. And you still don't get what I and other people are trying to tell you. And once again you try to insult people by trying to put down their personal life, which has nothing to do with the issue. Are you actually going to talk about the issue or keep resorting to insults?

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Point Pleasant, WV

#46 Sep 26, 2013
Thinking man wrote:
<quoted text>I have read the entire thread. See all of those little red x's and clueless symbols on your post. That means no one agrees with you sweety. Because there are so many holes in your story. And you still don't get what I and other people are trying to tell you. And once again you try to insult people by trying to put down their personal life, which has nothing to do with the issue. Are you actually going to talk about the issue or keep resorting to insults?
I've said all that I wanted to say. You, on the other hand, don't want to stop arguing. I'm not here for your approval.
So what if you call me a liar. My life isn't based around what you think.
fakebook

Pippa Passes, KY

#47 Sep 26, 2013
road_rage wrote:
Ok so..something has been bothering me...what the h is going on with drivers lately???
This car was in front of me
going up town mountain. She was going a pretty good pace, but I don't like following people who slow way down on turns. So, on the mountain where it turns into two lanes, I go to pass her. Not really paying attention to my speed, I noticed that it was taking forever to pass her. I looked down, and I was going 80 mph. I finally pass her as we get to the sign that tells you to merge. Two cars were up ahead, so I start slowing down to let them merge, about two car lengths. Then, all of the sudden, she guns it to get in between me and the other car. She swerved over and if I hadn't of swerved over into on coming traffic, I would have hit her rear quarter panel and spun her around. What the h has gotten into these stupid people??
Seriously, what was the point in doing that? She couldn't get anywhere faster. There was two slow cars in front of us!!
Dag gone!! Morons!!! I should have just hit her. And I hate to sound that way, but if she died in the wreck, she would have deserved it.
It's called a brake, learn to properly use it, and you won't have this issue.
ftards

Virgie, KY

#48 Sep 26, 2013
fakebook wrote:
<quoted text>It's called a brake, learn to properly use it, and you won't have this issue.
Ur a retard. People who break all the time are those idiots who cause pile ups. No wonder our insurance is so high. People ride with their break lights on..stupidasses. Ur one of those that come to a complete stop before signaling too, don't ya?!? Retard.
I would have done the same thing. Stupidasses need to stay the F off the roads with that kind of behavior.
ftards

Virgie, KY

#49 Sep 26, 2013
ftards wrote:
<quoted text>Ur a retard. People who break all the time are those idiots who cause pile ups. No wonder our insurance is so high. People ride with their break lights on..stupidasses. Ur one of those that come to a complete stop before signaling too, don't ya?!? Retard.
I would have done the same thing. Stupidasses need to stay the F off the roads with that kind of behavior.
Just read that..I meant brake.
joy rider

Elkhorn City, KY

#51 Sep 26, 2013
ftards wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur a retard. People who break all the time are those idiots who cause pile ups. No wonder our insurance is so high. People ride with their break lights on..stupidasses. Ur one of those that come to a complete stop before signaling too, don't ya?!? Retard.
I dont think he meant to brake all the time, but to brake when you see you cannot pass the person, and back off before reaching oncoming traffic and maybe preventing an accident. Sometimes, for some reason, when someone is being passed, they speed up, become aggressive or angry.
I dont know why, its nothing personal, the other driver might not like driving so slow or might be in a hurry.
But some drivers take being passed as a challenge.
I on the other hand, slow down allowing them time to pass me and move ahead of me.
I would rather have those drivers ahead of me, where I can see if I need to stay back from them, instead of riding my ass and trying to push me.
I only have one piece of advice for everyone, having lost more than one loved one in a car accident, please just be mindful of others on the road, they want to get home to their loved ones as much as you do.
Just let them pass you, or back off and go a little slower if you need to, dont take someone passing you or going slow in front of you as a personal attack.
We all have to share these roads, so maybe just take two seconds and think over your next move on the road.
I am sure your kids and loved ones will be alot happier to see you walk thru the door, then to go to your funeral.
For the original poster, the only thing I took away from your post was that you had your children in with you and that scares me.
Next time, think do you want to get them there faster or in one whole piece.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A to Z of Song Titles Posted (Dec '13) 5 min MUSICK-NESS 1,255
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 10 min HUH 26,279
us 23 yard sale 13 min yard sale queen 3
Jon Blackburn - AT&T (Jan '11) 17 min Justiceforallnky 10
song title game, anyone? (Oct '08) 17 min MUSICK-NESS 23,408
Which attorney mowed a woman down with his vehi... 28 min DrunkOne 9
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 58 min spaceship 136,711
magic mart in pikeville 9 hr jeff 7
Pike Central teacher Mon Alice 7
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]