Driving Ms Daisy
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#1 Sep 18, 2013
Ok so..something has been bothering me...what the h is going on with drivers lately???
This car was in front of me
going up town mountain. She was going a pretty good pace, but I don't like following people who slow way down on turns. So, on the mountain where it turns into two lanes, I go to pass her. Not really paying attention to my speed, I noticed that it was taking forever to pass her. I looked down, and I was going 80 mph. I finally pass her as we get to the sign that tells you to merge. Two cars were up ahead, so I start slowing down to let them merge, about two car lengths. Then, all of the sudden, she guns it to get in between me and the other car. She swerved over and if I hadn't of swerved over into on coming traffic, I would have hit her rear quarter panel and spun her around. What the h has gotten into these stupid people??
Seriously, what was the point in doing that? She couldn't get anywhere faster. There was two slow cars in front of us!!
Dag gone!! Morons!!! I should have just hit her. And I hate to sound that way, but if she died in the wreck, she would have deserved it.
Thinking man

Mooresville, NC

#2 Sep 22, 2013
road_rage wrote:
Ok so..something has been bothering me...what the h is going on with drivers lately???
This car was in front of me
going up town mountain. She was going a pretty good pace, but I don't like following people who slow way down on turns. So, on the mountain where it turns into two lanes, I go to pass her. Not really paying attention to my speed, I noticed that it was taking forever to pass her. I looked down, and I was going 80 mph. I finally pass her as we get to the sign that tells you to merge. Two cars were up ahead, so I start slowing down to let them merge, about two car lengths. Then, all of the sudden, she guns it to get in between me and the other car. She swerved over and if I hadn't of swerved over into on coming traffic, I would have hit her rear quarter panel and spun her around. What the h has gotten into these stupid people? Grow up.
Seriously, what was the point in doing that? She couldn't get anywhere faster. There was two slow cars in front of us!!
Dag gone!! Morons!!! I should have just hit her. And I hate to sound that way, but if she died in the wreck, she would have deserved it.
Ok, at first I was willing to listen to your opinion. But your last comment is really ignorant. "I should have just hit her. And I hate to sound that way, but if she died in the wreck, she would have deserved it." Really? No one deserves to die in a wreck and that is a completely stupid thing to say. How would you feel if you actually seen someone wipe out right in front of you and die? You said that you were going 80? Why do you have to drive so aggressively? Why couldn't you just back off and stay behind her? Wouldn't that have been the better thing to do? Think maybe that you are also part of the problem? Why were you so intent on just having to pass that car.
agree

Thelma, KY

#3 Sep 22, 2013
Thinking man wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, at first I was willing to listen to your opinion. But your last comment is really ignorant. "I should have just hit her. And I hate to sound that way, but if she died in the wreck, she would have deserved it." Really? No one deserves to die in a wreck and that is a completely stupid thing to say. How would you feel if you actually seen someone wipe out right in front of you and die? You said that you were going 80? Why do you have to drive so aggressively? Why couldn't you just back off and stay behind her? Wouldn't that have been the better thing to do? Think maybe that you are also part of the problem? Why were you so intent on just having to pass that car.
Agree; but her screen name is Road Rage....

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Point Pleasant, WV

#4 Sep 22, 2013
You did not read what I said about the speed, or you would have understood. I said that I didn't pay attention to the speed. I just knew that it was taking forever to pass her. I don't like running next to cars. If I'm in the passing lane, I pass. The mountain throws you off because you have to constantly accelerate or you slow down fast.
And about her stupidity..it would have been her stupidity that would have caused a wreck. You don't expect a drag race just on your way home. She swerved right in front, and if I didn't swerve over into ONCOMING traffic, I would have hit her. What if something was coming our way? What if I had my kids in the car, and I hit another car head on with kids in it? All because she wanted to be a b*+t% for some ungodly reason. She would have been fine, but I would have been dead, along with my kids.
I DO NOT play games on the roadway. And those that do deserve the consequences for their own stupidity.
She was taking a risk of an accident when she pushed her way in front of me!! And that, I do not feel bad for saying that she would have deserved to die that day.
Swoop and Squat

Lebanon, KY

#5 Sep 22, 2013
Insurance scam, they pass pull up a little in front you and most times another car is along side of you to stop your escape route.

They pull over in front of you and slam on the brakes, you have the car beside you so you are boxed. You can only hit the swoop and squat car in the rear which makes you at fault most times unless a cop see's what is going on.

A new insurance scam that is has been around in the big cities for years, you are starting to see it here more often. If two cars pass you and one stays along beside you, get ready to brake hard!
Thinking man

Rogers, AR

#6 Sep 22, 2013
road_rage wrote:
You did not read what I said about the speed, or you would have understood. I said that I didn't pay attention to the speed. I just knew that it was taking forever to pass her. I don't like running next to cars. If I'm in the passing lane, I pass. The mountain throws you off because you have to constantly accelerate or you slow down fast.
And about her stupidity..it would have been her stupidity that would have caused a wreck. You don't expect a drag race just on your way home. She swerved right in front, and if I didn't swerve over into ONCOMING traffic, I would have hit her. What if something was coming our way? What if I had my kids in the car, and I hit another car head on with kids in it? All because she wanted to be a b*+t% for some ungodly reason. She would have been fine, but I would have been dead, along with my kids.
I DO NOT play games on the roadway. And those that do deserve the consequences for their own stupidity.
She was taking a risk of an accident when she pushed her way in front of me!! And that, I do not feel bad for saying that she would have deserved to die that day.
I think I understand completely when you make comments like "Not really paying attention to my speed, I noticed that it was taking forever to pass her. I looked down, and I was going 80 mph." Seems pretty clear to me it seems. And you made your self look even more foolish when in your last post you clearly said "I didn't pay attention to the speed." What does that sound like to you? Why were you going 80 miles an hour trying to pass someone? I have been on town mountain and I have no idea why anyone would ever want to go that fast just to pass someone. Did you ever think that maybe your aggressive driving is also a problem. If you would have just backed off you wouldn't have been in this situation now would you? And your last comment, "And that, I do not feel bad for saying that she would have deserved to die that day." just shows that your are a completely childish, cold hearted person that needs to grow up. Saying that someone deserves to die makes you look like the stupid one. Get it?

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Point Pleasant, WV

#7 Sep 22, 2013
Thinking man wrote:
<quoted text>I think I understand completely when you make comments like "Not really paying attention to my speed, I noticed that it was taking forever to pass her. I looked down, and I was going 80 mph." Seems pretty clear to me it seems. And you made your self look even more foolish when in your last post you clearly said "I didn't pay attention to the speed." What does that sound like to you? Why were you going 80 miles an hour trying to pass someone? I have been on town mountain and I have no idea why anyone would ever want to go that fast just to pass someone. Did you ever think that maybe your aggressive driving is also a problem. If you would have just backed off you wouldn't have been in this situation now would you? And your last comment, "And that, I do not feel bad for saying that she would have deserved to die that day." just shows that your are a completely childish, cold hearted person that needs to grow up. Saying that someone deserves to die makes you look like the stupid one. Get it?
Yea yea..whatever...that wasn't your situation...bet you'd feel differently if it was your life on the line...go ahead..judge all you want..frankly..just don't give a rats azz what you think. You weren't there...it didn't happen to you..she was the childish one...I'm not arguing with you.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Point Pleasant, WV

#8 Sep 22, 2013
Swoop and Squat wrote:
Insurance scam, they pass pull up a little in front you and most times another car is along side of you to stop your escape route.

They pull over in front of you and slam on the brakes, you have the car beside you so you are boxed. You can only hit the swoop and squat car in the rear which makes you at fault most times unless a cop see's what is going on.

A new insurance scam that is has been around in the big cities for years, you are starting to see it here more often. If two cars pass you and one stays along beside you, get ready to brake hard!
I've heard of this. It's getting to the point where it pays to have a dash cam.
little red

Ransom, KY

#9 Sep 22, 2013
it sounds to me like you were the problem. why would you do 80 on town mountain? really? why? to prove to a more than likely old lady that your car can go faster than hers? be a responsible driver. also if you want respect from other ppl, have some for them. ppl like you are what make our roads so dangerous to drive on. she would have deserved to die? that is your opinion, you should know what mine is at this point

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Point Pleasant, WV

#10 Sep 23, 2013
little red wrote:
it sounds to me like you were the problem. why would you do 80 on town mountain? really? why? to prove to a more than likely old lady that your car can go faster than hers? be a responsible driver. also if you want respect from other ppl, have some for them. ppl like you are what make our roads so dangerous to drive on. she would have deserved to die? that is your opinion, you should know what mine is at this point
People who live in glass houses should NOT throw stones.
Tim

Pikeville, KY

#11 Sep 23, 2013
road_rage wrote:
<quoted text>
People who live in glass houses should NOT throw stones.
That's right. That's why you have no right to be putting all the blame on the other driver. You were just as guilty as she was for driving like a maniac. Not only do we have to worry about the drunks and the druggies on the road, but we also have to worry about all those aggressive drivers who think they're Nascar drivers once they get behind the wheel. No excuse for driving 80 mph on these roads, no excuse whatsoever other than a life or death medical emergency. If a cop had pulled you over, would you have told him you were driving 80 mph (reckless driving) because the other driver forced you to do so? Good luck with that.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Point Pleasant, WV

#12 Sep 23, 2013
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>That's right. That's why you have no right to be putting all the blame on the other driver. You were just as guilty as she was for driving like a maniac. Not only do we have to worry about the drunks and the druggies on the road, but we also have to worry about all those aggressive drivers who think they're Nascar drivers once they get behind the wheel. No excuse for driving 80 mph on these roads, no excuse whatsoever other than a life or death medical emergency. If a cop had pulled you over, would you have told him you were driving 80 mph (reckless driving) because the other driver forced you to do so? Good luck with that.
Really, I couldn't care less about your opinion. You know, if my only downfall was going 80, and by admitting that I didn't look as I was getting up to that speed shows any ignorance on my part, then you have no argument.
This is only a debate because it was me. Had I have been the moron who wouldn't let a car pass, then your argument would have turned.
If I had said that some idiot tried to pass me, and I sped up so that they couldn't, then jerked over to throw them into oncoming traffic..boy, you'd have a hay day with that one. It would be, "why do you have to be so childish? Why wouldn't you just let the other car pass? Idiots like you jerking in front of people cause so many fatalities around here. Not only do we have to watch out for druggies, but also idiots who want to cut people off too."
Always something to cause an argument. I wish a cop was there. I could have passed her going 50, and I wouldn't have been pushed over into oncoming traffic to avoid hitting the skank.
But since its the all knowing road rage, makes things different, don't it? Go f yourself!
Thinking man

United States

#14 Sep 23, 2013
road_rage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea yea..whatever...that wasn't your situation...bet you'd feel differently if it was your life on the line...go ahead..judge all you want..frankly..just don't give a rats azz what you think. You weren't there...it didn't happen to you..she was the childish one...I'm not arguing with you.
You're right. It's not my situation. But by posting it on topix that seems to be irrelevant doesn't it. You made it everyone's business by posting it on topix. And you still don't get it. Sure the other driver should have not been so aggressive. But you fail to realize that your aggressive driving is also the problem. You admitted first that you were going 80. Then you said you weren't paying attention to your speed. You just drove blindly down the road and were intent on passing someone no matter what. Sound kinda reckless huh? Again I must ask. In your first post you said, "I finally pass her as we get to the sign that tells you to merge." Why didn't you just back off and let the woman get over in front of you. Wouldn't that be the safest thing to do. You said on your own in your first post that she couldn't go any where any way because of slow cars ahead of you. So why not just let her/he get over. Understand? Does hearing the truth really bother you that bad. When you post stuff like this people are going to tell you how it really is. You may not want to hear it but I am trying to help you realize that your aggressive driving is just as much as part of the problem.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Point Pleasant, WV

#15 Sep 23, 2013
Thinking man wrote:
<quoted text>You're right. It's not my situation. But by posting it on topix that seems to be irrelevant doesn't it. You made it everyone's business by posting it on topix. And you still don't get it. Sure the other driver should have not been so aggressive. But you fail to realize that your aggressive driving is also the problem. You admitted first that you were going 80. Then you said you weren't paying attention to your speed. You just drove blindly down the road and were intent on passing someone no matter what. Sound kinda reckless huh? Again I must ask. In your first post you said, "I finally pass her as we get to the sign that tells you to merge." Why didn't you just back off and let the woman get over in front of you. Wouldn't that be the safest thing to do. You said on your own in your first post that she couldn't go any where any way because of slow cars ahead of you. So why not just let her/he get over. Understand? Does hearing the truth really bother you that bad. When you post stuff like this people are going to tell you how it really is. You may not want to hear it but I am trying to help you realize that your aggressive driving is just as much as part of the problem.
Goodness, what is it about your fixation on my speed? I didn't back track. I've been saying the same thing the whole time. I WASN'T paying attention to the speed. All I knew was that it was taking forever to pass her. THEN, I looked down, and we were going 80. What do you not understand?
It's not like I threw it in a lower gear, gunned it to reach 80 quickly just to pass.
Had she of not been a "child" and tried to not let me pass her, I would have passed her going 50.
Not sure where you got your license, but a passing lane is for PASSING. It states pass the vehicle, then move over. Not stay right with it side by side.
When you see that the road merges over up ahead, the natural thing to do is to pass the car, allowing all the ability to merge. I started slowing down as I approached the other two cars. A safe two cars lengths. Then the next I knew, she flew passed me a jerked over, CAUSING me to swerve.
My ONLY fault was that I exceeded the speed limit. Well guess what?? We all have, so get OFF your f ing high horse!!!
Oh, and about just letting her pass me as we approached the other cars. I couldn't read her dag gone mind!!! I was a safe two car lengths. If anyone should have slowed down to get behind the other, it should have been her!!!
Tim

Pikeville, KY

#16 Sep 23, 2013
road_rage wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, I couldn't care less about your opinion. You know, if my only downfall was going 80, and by admitting that I didn't look as I was getting up to that speed shows any ignorance on my part, then you have no argument.
This is only a debate because it was me. Had I have been the moron who wouldn't let a car pass, then your argument would have turned.
If I had said that some idiot tried to pass me, and I sped up so that they couldn't, then jerked over to throw them into oncoming traffic..boy, you'd have a hay day with that one. It would be, "why do you have to be so childish? Why wouldn't you just let the other car pass? Idiots like you jerking in front of people cause so many fatalities around here. Not only do we have to watch out for druggies, but also idiots who want to cut people off too."
Always something to cause an argument. I wish a cop was there. I could have passed her going 50, and I wouldn't have been pushed over into oncoming traffic to avoid hitting the skank.
But since its the all knowing road rage, makes things different, don't it? Go f yourself!
It is only a debate because it was YOU? You've got to be kidding! I don't even know who you are! And nobody is picking on you. None of us want to see or hear of another senseless fatality on our roads, especially one that could have been avoided. Instead of telling someone to go f themselves for telling you the truth, why don't you stop acting like a spoiled brat and listen to what everyone on this thread is telling you. You were driving irresponsibly and recklessly. You can spin it, twist it, slice and dice it anyway you like, but you were wrong to be driving the way you were. You should learn from your mistake, but you haven't. You really think you did nothing wrong and the rest of us are the ones with the problem.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Point Pleasant, WV

#17 Sep 23, 2013
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>It is only a debate because it was YOU? You've got to be kidding! I don't even know who you are! And nobody is picking on you. None of us want to see or hear of another senseless fatality on our roads, especially one that could have been avoided. Instead of telling someone to go f themselves for telling you the truth, why don't you stop acting like a spoiled brat and listen to what everyone on this thread is telling you. You were driving irresponsibly and recklessly. You can spin it, twist it, slice and dice it anyway you like, but you were wrong to be driving the way you were. You should learn from your mistake, but you haven't. You really think you did nothing wrong and the rest of us are the ones with the problem.
Oh yea, goodness..call the cops because I was speeding...arrest me now...forget about the dope heads and drunks, those that text while driving, the multi-taskers, AND those who play games on the road!!! You're such a hypocrite. You're saying that you've NEVER sped up to pass a car? You're full of it!!!
I should learn from my "mistake"?? Hahahaha...what exactly WAS my mistake? Trying to pass an idiot who wouldn't let me pass? Yes, possibly...but perhaps you can foresee the future, and have telepathic powers, but I have not. When I pass a car, heaven forbid, I actually pass it. To be in a passing lane, you intend to pass. I should have known that she was going to speed up, because I should know everything before I get behind the wheel, like you. I can't pinpoint every idiot on the road, but you obviously can. You are the PERFECT driver. You're the GOD of the road. You see things before they happen. You NEVER go over the speed limit, and you part the waters away from all idiots on the road. Yea, right!!
freaked me out

Pikeville, KY

#18 Sep 23, 2013
I thought I was a goner today on the 4lane between the Buckley Creek red light and the red light at Stone Coal.
I was in the far left lane, and was intending to get over once I got down to Big Lots.
There was no one directly behind me, but a blue van in the middle lane, she sped up as we approached the light, which was green, and then she started coming toward me as if she was going to cut in front of me. But she was too close, and I slowed down, she slowed down and instead of going for it, and cutting over in front of me, she jerked her vehicle back to the middle lane, threw her hands up in the air, as if she was freaked out and she was nearly hit by a big black suv behind her.
I stayed in the far left lane and slowed down until these two had moved on ahead of me, giving her ample time to cut over in front of me if she needed to, despite the fact she had nearly driven me into the stone wall.
Again, there was no one directly behind me, if she had needed to get over into that lane, couldnt she have slowed down, and merged behind me?
Whatever she was thinking, I slowed down and allowed them all to move on ahead of me in the middle lane, because I would rather arrive alive.
Sometimes people are doing these things for pure spite or rage, but in her case I think she just got a little freaked out when she realized she didnt have time to get in front of me, she didnt give a signal or move ahead to allow plenty of space to get in front of me.

I think if we just slow down and be mindful of other drivers, because its always the other drivers fault, we dont know what they are thinking or if they are driving aggressively out of anger or if they are scared, inexperienced drivers or if they are impaired in some way. In this case, I probably would have slowed down and allowed her to go ahead of me and then merged back to my own lane, forgetting about passing her and been happy my kids arrived home safely.
By the time I arrived at Coal Run I was shaken up and was glad to not be sharing the road with her at that moment. Thankful no one was injured.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Point Pleasant, WV

#19 Sep 24, 2013
freaked me out wrote:
I thought I was a goner today on the 4lane between the Buckley Creek red light and the red light at Stone Coal.
I was in the far left lane, and was intending to get over once I got down to Big Lots.
There was no one directly behind me, but a blue van in the middle lane, she sped up as we approached the light, which was green, and then she started coming toward me as if she was going to cut in front of me. But she was too close, and I slowed down, she slowed down and instead of going for it, and cutting over in front of me, she jerked her vehicle back to the middle lane, threw her hands up in the air, as if she was freaked out and she was nearly hit by a big black suv behind her.
I stayed in the far left lane and slowed down until these two had moved on ahead of me, giving her ample time to cut over in front of me if she needed to, despite the fact she had nearly driven me into the stone wall.
Again, there was no one directly behind me, if she had needed to get over into that lane, couldnt she have slowed down, and merged behind me?
Whatever she was thinking, I slowed down and allowed them all to move on ahead of me in the middle lane, because I would rather arrive alive.
Sometimes people are doing these things for pure spite or rage, but in her case I think she just got a little freaked out when she realized she didnt have time to get in front of me, she didnt give a signal or move ahead to allow plenty of space to get in front of me.

I think if we just slow down and be mindful of other drivers, because its always the other drivers fault, we dont know what they are thinking or if they are driving aggressively out of anger or if they are scared, inexperienced drivers or if they are impaired in some way. In this case, I probably would have slowed down and allowed her to go ahead of me and then merged back to my own lane, forgetting about passing her and been happy my kids arrived home safely.
By the time I arrived at Coal Run I was shaken up and was glad to not be sharing the road with her at that moment. Thankful no one was injured.
That's the problem. You never know what they are thinking or going to do. They'll give a license to anyone nowadays. I'm glad that you arrived safely.
driving 101

Logan, WV

#20 Sep 24, 2013
My guess is that you are proof of that. This was not the first incident you have been involved in, you were even in an verbal altercation in a PARKING LOT over a parking space.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Point Pleasant, WV

#21 Sep 24, 2013
Who are you referring to? If its me, then that wasn't me. I park far far away from all other cars when I park...and buggies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 49 min CriminalForever 158,056
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 26,677
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 2 hr FYI 35,609
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 2 hr Kyboy 3,598
Pike County Detention Center 3 hr Dan 3
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 9,199
Pea and Wee PLLC 5 hr smh 20

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages