house of prayer and worship

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
just wondering

Teaberry, KY

#1 Apr 28, 2011
ive been wanting to join this church but i hear alot of bad things about there pastor and other members pastors name is billy compton can anybody help me because the things i hear are very bad
sundog

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Apr 28, 2011
it's a great church with a lot of good people dont listen to devil worshipers billy compton is a great paster why don't you come sunday and check it out
just wondering

Teaberry, KY

#3 Apr 28, 2011
sundog wrote:
it's a great church with a lot of good people dont listen to devil worshipers billy compton is a great paster why don't you come sunday and check it out
bible says dont judge so i wouldnt call people devil worshipers are u a member i hope not talking like that this stuff just might be true
haha

United States

#4 Apr 28, 2011
just wondering wrote:
ive been wanting to join this church but i hear alot of bad things about there pastor and other members pastors name is billy compton can anybody help me because the things i hear are very bad
You don't ask, you just come to church there and see for your self. The spirit of the Lord is in that church. As far as the pastor, he is a great person. I have known him for years. He is wonderful. Come and see, if you don't like it don't come back. Stop trying to down a wonderful church and pastor!
just wondering

Teaberry, KY

#5 Apr 29, 2011
bible tells us to pray for our enemys and im not a enemy just had a simple question i have not said any thing to down a church or pastor.i guess you all are members and the bible says show love and meekness

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7 Apr 30, 2011
I paid that church a visit and found it wasn't for me. If you'd like to send me a message, I'd be happy to tell you about my church and answer all questions you may have. Good luck to you.
just me

United States

#8 Apr 30, 2011
That is a good church. Billy Compton is a good pastor. Every church has its problems. Just because you go to church doesn't make you a christian. They are good and bad in every church. I haven't seen a perfect church. You can not please everyone. Just live your life the way GOD wants you too and you will be alright. Just because you don't like a church don't get on here telling about it. Let the people go and visit and decide for themselves. MAY GOD BLESS YOU Hope you all find a church that is right for you.
so right

United States

#9 Apr 30, 2011
just me wrote:
That is a good church. Billy Compton is a good pastor. Every church has its problems. Just because you go to church doesn't make you a christian. They are good and bad in every church. I haven't seen a perfect church. You can not please everyone. Just live your life the way GOD wants you too and you will be alright. Just because you don't like a church don't get on here telling about it. Let the people go and visit and decide for themselves. MAY GOD BLESS YOU Hope you all find a church that is right for you.
Well said!
I go to this church

Chesterfield, MO

#10 May 1, 2011
I go to this church and I really like it there, I feel the spirit everytime i walk thru the door. I get such good blessings there. Billy Compton is a great pastor. I love to hear him preach an love the singers there. His wife has a beautiful voice.they do talk in tongues there but i think they should have an interpretur to tell ppl what there saying.that is the only fault i have against the church..just me, is right every church has its problems I know that for a fact. so please STOP putting this church down..GOD BLESS ALL!

Since: Jan 10

Teaberry, KY

#11 May 2, 2011
just me wrote:
yes it is a good church with alot of problems and the christians that are there should know and when u have one man running everything it is never good when the church cant vote on anything or u cant bring nothing up before the church u are asking for trouble. And when u cant talk to ur pastor with out him getting upset then they shouldnt be pastor and when everything is the way he see it and the church dont have a voice then yes there is a problem.AND to qote him he says he has runned it that way for 15 years and wont change for anybody. then its time to go some where that u can feel a part of that church not just another tithe.
you know

Pikeville, KY

#12 May 3, 2011
first off i know this is you cluade and denise....
second you call your self christians talking about others. Thats fine but god will get you for it....
and if people believe you all (in which used to sell drugs to adults including children) then they can! You need to get right with god and quit acting like your all high and mighty knowing god and well that your not..... third no one jumped in your face your jumped in theres the only thing that you wanted was to turn people agaginst the pastor and try to vote him out so that you could be the pastor but guess what that didnt work did it because GOD knows real christians and FAKE ONES.......... GOD BLESS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!
Question

Mount Sterling, KY

#13 May 3, 2011
you know wrote:
second you call your self christians talking about others. Thats fine but god will get you for it....
and if people believe you all (in which used to sell drugs to adults including children) then they can! You need to get right with god and quit acting like your all high and mighty knowing god and well that your not..... third no one jumped in your face your jumped in theres the only thing that you wanted was to turn people agaginst the pastor and try to vote him out so that you could be the pastor but guess what that didnt work did it because GOD knows real christians and FAKE ONES.......... GOD BLESS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!
Do you have to go to ANY CHURCH TO BE A CHRISTIAN AND BE SAVED?
Laughing

Chesterfield, MO

#14 May 3, 2011
you know wrote:
I was trolling Topix and happen to run across this thread. First of all you need to go back to school and learn how to write and spell. I can barely comprehend your sentences. Second, after finally reading through your post it appears you are not a very Christian like person. Who ever this Claude and Denise are, who cares if they used to sell drugs.YOU DID USE THE TERM USE TO! Now, if you want to start talking about "use to" things and your pastor is Billy Compton and his wife's name is Vi--y, now there is certainly some "used to" to talk about. If it is the same person, I have known him for many years and I can assure you his "use to" is not very good. I do believe he was married when he was dating his now wife. Not to mention the other women he went out with while married, the clubs he used to frequent etc. Yet, you are saying this is a good person and this Claude and Denise are not good because of "use to". I know nothing about this church, and do not care to know anything about it if you are an example of what attends the church. Remember everyone has a "use to" and I am sure you do as well. I guess it is a good thing that God (by the way you should always capitalize the word God) doesn't hold "use to" against us. I certainly hope you quit judging others; as you will be judged as you judge. Have a good day.
Laughing

Chesterfield, MO

#15 May 3, 2011
Question wrote:
<quoted text> Do you have to go to ANY CHURCH TO BE A CHRISTIAN AND BE SAVED?
My opinion is "NO". Saved comes from the heart. And, quite frankly the the Christians post on Topix; the more I want to stay away from churches. I believe I will just do my praying at home.
Laughing

Chesterfield, MO

#16 May 3, 2011
pikeville sucks wrote:
<quoted text>yes it is a good church with alot of problems and the christians that are there should know and when u have one man running everything it is never good when the church cant vote on anything or u cant bring nothing up before the church u are asking for trouble. And when u cant talk to ur pastor with out him getting upset then they shouldnt be pastor and when everything is the way he see it and the church dont have a voice then yes there is a problem.AND to qote him he says he has runned it that way for 15 years and wont change for anybody. then its time to go some where that u can feel a part of that church not just another tithe.
I have never heard of a church which allows one man to "run the church"! Sounds to me like that is a cult.
READ THIS

Chesterfield, MO

#17 May 3, 2011
U people need to "STOP" talking an judging Billy Compton here on this site if there is anything u wanna discuss with him u should go talk to him to his face instead of talking about him here.
Laughing

Chesterfield, MO

#18 May 3, 2011
READ THIS wrote:
U people need to "STOP" talking an judging Billy Compton here on this site if there is anything u wanna discuss with him u should go talk to him to his face instead of talking about him here.
No one is judging this person. Facts are facts.
Astonished Viewer

Baltimore, MD

#19 May 4, 2011
Topix is an immense source in relation to current events and community occurrences.. I ask on behalf all civil and moral viewers; please do not associate our precious Lord and Savior with this nonsense.

1 Peter 3:15 ESV
"But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect."
What

Chesterfield, MO

#20 May 4, 2011
Astonished Viewer wrote:
Topix is an immense source in relation to current events and community occurrences.. I ask on behalf all civil and moral viewers; please do not associate our precious Lord and Savior with this nonsense.
1 Peter 3:15 ESV
"But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect."
You do realize you have a professed Christian talking, and actually naming other people regarding their "use to". What you ask for, you usually get. Do not throw stones at others unless you want one thrown back at you!
dontjudge

Pikeville, KY

#21 May 4, 2011
I can't believe people would get on here and judge others. I would not want to be in your shoes, if you don't like the church don't go to it but don't get on here and spread gossip like this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 39 min Abe 39,849
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 1 hr Chris 27,109
RH Group 1 hr curosity 25
Keith Justice 1 hr Friend 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr orangeboyfailure 171,774
Bevins And Trump Will NOT be Re-Elected, Fools ... 4 hr Thank Goodness 6
I know a 50 plus year old virgin! (Jun '11) 4 hr Powder Boy 19
What’s wrong with PMC? 6 hr big daddy here 26

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages