Mark

Saint Albert, Canada

#128 Nov 28, 2012
Thanks for the warnings. I almost registered. And yes, they do ask for credit card number right away. When I saw that the credit card number I started typing in was visible rather than just dots, I got suspicious and stopped typing. Thanks again for the warnings. I wonder who would one report this kind of scam to? It's obviously designed to make them lots of money for nothing. It might be legal under gaming laws but should be illegal under vendor laws, in my opinion.
FellForIt

El Paso, TX

#129 Nov 29, 2012
Yes, I did. I fell for it. I bought an Intro pack of 45 bids, and spent a few minutes learning the ropes. The only thing I won the first day was a voucher of more bidding points.
So I am hoping I can turn this around and find a time of day when I am not competing every 15 seconds for a product I want.
In addition to the product at the bid price, you are paying 10 to 67 cents everytime you bid, and then you are paying shipping and processing fees. So it is possible to get a good deal, but you're competing with a bunch of folks as ignorant or as trusting as yourself.
And I'll know how much of my personal info gets sold from this site, because it will arrive under a new name and street address that hasn't been sold to marketing companies yet.
Rosy

Torrance, CA

#130 Nov 29, 2012
I found Zbiddy faster than quibids. I won an item using tips found on youtube.
Chris

Spring, TX

#131 Nov 30, 2012
Your statement below would be true if the bidding finally ended. Watched one item for 3 days and never ended. Each time there was a lull then zbiddy places a bid to keep it going instead of declaring a winner. I also bought bids and now can't get them to refund my money.
STUPID PEOPLE EVERYWHERE wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a scam. It is a scheme. The bids are real. The products are real. THEIR profits are real. Its all about making money. Doesn't matter what the ending price goes for because YOU are not investing all of the "$4,600". The point IS that YOU make roughly about 10 to 15 bids paying the $2.50 per bid for the product. Zbiddy just makes a hefty profit off of the pyramid bid they created for each product. If you read the fine print it will tell you everything about fees, but if you come to your own assumptions and jump right in and then accuse them of being a scam......well, then you never did your homework.
Chris

Spring, TX

#132 Nov 30, 2012
They got me for $90.00 dollars. Have made several attempts to get money back and was told each time would be refunded but that didn't happen. Watched several items for 3 days and none of them ever ended. Each time it went to zero and no one bid, zbiddy would put in a bid to keep it going. Nothng wrong with them making money on the bids unless they intentionally drag it out and never close the auction on anything worth having. I too am reporting this site for failing to refund my money. Even said to simply refund unused bids but so such luck so far.
MissV

Belleville, Canada

#133 Nov 30, 2012
Jessy wrote:
Zbiddy is a penny auction site and you have to purchase bid package to place bids on the auction. They never ask for credit card while registering. If you have any doubt or issue then contact their customer support at 1-888-406-6509
They asked for my credit card while registering, that is when I stopped I do not give my credit card number out until I am ready to buy something!
pabllo

North Vancouver, Canada

#134 Nov 30, 2012
it is a scam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree at all. People need to realize that even when you bid when the auction is ending; each time someone bids it starts the ending process once again.
I tried to buy another item on craigslist and got the same bogus referral to zbiddy. The item that the person had on craigslist had supposedly just been sold, but they said they would let me in on their secret of how they got the item. I would advise people to stay away from zbiddy.
you must be americain
pabllo

North Vancouver, Canada

#135 Nov 30, 2012
you must be americain >>> they just scamed me sighn up 99$??? wanted my money back offered me coupons for groceries and restaurants AMERICAIN DID i MENTION i WAS CANADIAN useless scamers

“visit HudsonDildoEmpor ium.com”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#136 Nov 30, 2012
Charles wrote:
I received my magazine subscription that zbiddy shipped.
Interesting that EVERY person who has something positive the say about Zbiddy happens to be an unregistered user from "Mumbai, India"...
Stacey

Randallstown, MD

#137 Dec 1, 2012
I tried to get out of zbiddy once I realized that you had to pay before making a bid and they automatically charged my account $99.00. When I attempted to contact two reps. gave me the same line about how I will appreciate the package. I am waiting to see if they credit me for the unauthorized charge to my account..
Scammed and Taken

Nehalem, OR

#138 Dec 1, 2012
Know Better wrote:
I was caught up in this mess just today. Fortunatly I saw it immediately, and immediatly contacted them. Some idoit who did not speak very good English got me on the phone. I told her my story and she said they would refund my $99. I asked when - to which she replied 5-6 days. So, you are using my money for that time. In the meantime Chase Bank email me that what looked like a fraudulent action had been taken on my card. I told them I knew about it and had requested my money back. Chase if ready to file charges against them at the moment I let them. I will give them 4 days and that is what I will do.
Stay away from this signt - it is a scam.
Did you ever get your money back? Just curious. Almost the same thing happened to me last week. I am still waiting for refund.
Scammed and Taken

Nehalem, OR

#139 Dec 1, 2012
suckered wrote:
I was lured in by the Headline "Overstock Clearance" To register, it asked for my credit card #(I should have known that was a major red flag). A window pops up saying I've been charged $99! I look for a way to cancel out - there is nothing. I thought I now had $99 to bid. The window didn't say it was for bidding points only. I bid, thinking, I'm using $99 to bid on a camera. A window pops up saying FOR THE FIRST TIME how much I've spent each time I bid. NOW I REALIZE I'VE BEEN BADLY SCAMMED. I try cancel out of this whole deal. YOU CAN'T CANCEL. Thank goodness my credit card company called me. We made sure they can't charge me for anything else. BY THE WAY - ZBIDDY IS OUT OF THE UK - NOT THE US - It was a stupid mistake on my part.
They operate from Florida US.
Main Street Resident

Jackson, KY

#140 Dec 1, 2012
I'm glad that ignorant internet users finally wake up to the fact that yes indeed, "all that glitters is not gold!"

I work on peoples computer from time to time, fixing them up for one reason or another and they are almost always eat up with viruses and adware..using the internet is the same as dating.. sometimes it's true an innocent..other times it's rough and infective..

To those types of users out there - I'll throw another quote out to ya, if it's too good to be true it IS. The internet is full of bad people that are trying their best to make a buck off of you, please do not fall in to their traps! THINK SMART!
Lynda

Norridgewock, ME

#141 Dec 2, 2012
I was charged the 99.00, got it all back...I filed a fraud charge with my bank, she had me call and have it put in my "account that I did not authorize any charges, and get a confirmation number, I told the agent it was because I was filing Fraud with my bank and I needed the information... the agent went to speak to his supervisor, and Wham had a refund, it was in my bank the next morning, with a 3-5 day hold but it did go through, also we all need to file a report with BBB, Zbiddy address and number are here on line, good luck
Concerned consumer

Portland, OR

#142 Dec 2, 2012
Jason Bay wrote:
There are few people who are falsely bad mouthing about zbiddy. How can zbiddy charge you during registration when you never give any CC info to them? They never ask for credit card while registering.
I tried to register with Zbiddy, they asked for my credit card. A window popped up with an online chat. I asked the online chatter why they were wanting my credit card just to register. The response was sorry I didn't get that. So, yes they do want your credit card. I did not give it and now I see that I made the right decision. I have only seen and heard that this may be a scam. How do we know the people that are saying it's not isn't people working for zbiddy?
Lynda

Norridgewock, ME

#143 Dec 2, 2012
scroll down for post by Lynda, I got all my money back, will post the details if anyone is interested..
Lynda

Norridgewock, ME

#144 Dec 2, 2012
sorry should have been scroll up, I did post how I got my money back, give it a try,
CJb

Old Saybrook, CT

#145 Dec 3, 2012
Actually - they DO REQUIRE a credit card when you register -beware !!!
Jason Bay wrote:
There are few people who are falsely bad mouthing about zbiddy. How can zbiddy charge you during registration when you never give any CC info to them? They never ask for credit card while registering.
michelle

United States

#146 Dec 4, 2012
Jason Bay wrote:
. Yes they do!
michelle

United States

#147 Dec 4, 2012
Jessy wrote:
Zbiddy is a penny auction site and you have to purchase bid package to place bids on the auction. They never ask for credit card while registering. If you have any doubt or issue then contact their customer support at 1-888-406-6509
. Yes they do!! Thts when I said. "F this" and didn't use it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 46 min LMS 148,348
Airport mobile home 54 min Still no ANE Report 31
Gays who raise chikdren 5 hr they deserve it 26
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 6 hr One Eyed Willy 2,049
city park gossip 6 hr yo yo 1
Looking to rent 6 hr yo yo 3
Why Is Pikeville Gas So High, Pikeville Gas Nee... (Jan '15) 7 hr Perpendicular 130
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages