Connie Litalien

Welland, Canada

#105 Nov 21, 2012
ZBiddy Sucks
I approved $13 and they took $100. Tried to get my money back, they said they couldn't do it then offered me a lower return of $69 I believe it was(which I took). Offered me gas certificate (which I accepted but as yet have not received) back in September 2012 - it is now mid November. Says you can print your discussion with the service dept., but the second you end it, it's gone. YOU SUCK!!!!
lolou

Hawthorne, CA

#106 Nov 22, 2012
after I registered & gave all the info that they need, I already got charge of $99 that I never sign in for...I called cutomer service to cancel it & they said it's not refundable...what a SCAM...
HSM wrote:
<quoted text>
It's real for them. All you need to do is buy 1 set if bids and they make money on you. If you buy the bargain price bidding they still make about $2000 for $100 bid. After the intro period they are making over $5000 for $100 bid. Of course they will sell a brand new iPad for $250. They just made $5000 to over $12000 and you still have to pay them $250. What a scheme. Even if they are constantly turning over new customers it is still a great profit for them. A some point when they burn out the customer base on this they will go out of business. It is nothing short of gambling since your chance of actually getting an item without bidding 100-200 times is minimal.
lolou

Hawthorne, CA

#107 Nov 22, 2012
when you register, they ask your credit card immediately & charge $99 for 250 bids that I never did...
checked wrote:
<quoted text> I was checking out the site, got suspicious typed in a google search for zbiidy scam and found this umm not sure where you looked but the first thing the asked was my credit card info
Vicki

Lakeville, MA

#108 Nov 24, 2012
I agree and think they are a complete scam, I am just wondering why they can keep doing this with all the coplaints they get?1
Dave

Minneapolis, MN

#109 Nov 24, 2012
There was never a person on Craigslist, rather an autoreply stating the last item was sold and then refered you to Zbiddy. This happened to me as well. Zbiddy is the lowest unethical company in business, but hopefully not for much longer. I feel a class action coming on.
scams wrote:
I had gone to craigslist looking for a particular camera that I wanted. I found one at a great price; but was unsure of where the item was located and contacted the seller. They finally replied and stated that someone had just picked up the last camera; but that they wanted to share with me where they found three of them at such a "great deal". They then proceeded to tell me that they found them at Zbiddy.com and how easy it was to win there.
Fortunately I read the following before I checked around on the internet before I decided to sign up there:
"I was in the verge of buying bid points to be able to place a bid on an iPad ,which was already up by $97 something, still going on. Just thinking if i bought a bid points of 250, this will cost me $115.00. Doing the math, 250 bids for a penny a bid has a value of $2.50. If the items bid price has reached over a $100 mark, the item has already a value of $4,600 (700+- retail price) which goes straight to the pocket of Zbiddy, and the winning bidder has to pay for the bid price. Such a rip off. Considering that you want the item you're bidding on, you wont stop til you drop, and you get ripped off without knowing. Please check your math, correct me if i am wrong. Luckily, i backed out before having giving out my credit card information. Why is this kind of modus operandi allowed?"
Now I am wondering if the person on craigslist was somehow part of the scam too??
bubbles610

Melbourne, FL

#110 Nov 25, 2012
Reno wrote:
<quoted text> You can scan buy a 10 inch tablet for around 140.00 to 150.00 non famous brand with free shipping on most at aliexpress.com I have been using them for yenyars wifoth no problem, make sure you use aescrow service.
What bothers me more than anything is the face that all the medias
advertised them news casts everyone saying it was the real thing thats why so many people went into this site feeling the media spoke the truth but they didn't I have been losing 2 and three bids also I am going to call them cause they have made close to a hundred dollars just off me and the only thing I win is bid packs thats it !!!!
Ridiculous!
roxanne

Pacific Grove, CA

#111 Nov 25, 2012
Before I had even completed the registration process, and did not reply to the verifying e-mail (which says you must do to begin bidding) they had randomly charged my credit card $99. A scam. RUN!!!!!!!!!
renee

Utica, MI

#112 Nov 25, 2012
they are a scam.they charged my credit card 99.00 for bids and I wasnt even awareof it.Then they tried to get me to accept a restaurant gift card for the equivelent.Stay away.If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is...
joe

Ocean City, NJ

#113 Nov 25, 2012
It's not a scam but it may be a bit deceptive. It's Competitive entertainment and massive profits for zbiddy. There are some technical issues as well. I have lost several bids while hitting the bid button over and over only to find me the second to the last bid. Suspicious that it would take 70 bids but not accept the last one which would allow me to win.
I did win a hooters $50 gift card for 12.93 so I havent lost anything.
As to the cost of bids. There more like .10 per bid you can buy 200 bid packs at auction for around $20-30 plus a $2.00 processing fee and the bids for the bid packs are free to bid on.
The site is designed to make maximum profit. No consideration for ethics but if your competitive and want to try to win something for nothing you might give it a try. If your not disciplined you could loose your shirt.
TKFL

Milton, FL

#114 Nov 25, 2012
Jason Bay wrote:
There are few people who are falsely bad mouthing about zbiddy. How can zbiddy charge you during registration when you never give any CC info to them? They never ask for credit card while registering.
YES, they do ask for CC info right under name, address and phone # before you can hit the bid button!! hummmm. I don't like doing business that way.
enancy

Plymouth, MN

#115 Nov 26, 2012
This is a huge scam! The bid never closed while I was online (over an hour) and it cost me $100.00!! Pretty bad for someone on disability. I hope this makes them feel so....proud!! The clock kept jumping back to 14 mins. every time someone bid. This should definitely be reported to BBB by everyone whose ripped off!!!
Lynda

Norridgewock, ME

#116 Nov 26, 2012
I was immediately charged 99.00, but I got it refunded after a couple of calls
Mona

Los Angeles, CA

#117 Nov 26, 2012
Jason Bay wrote:
There are few people who are falsely bad mouthing about zbiddy. How can zbiddy charge you during registration when you never give any CC info to them? They never ask for credit card while registering.
Not to registered, but to bid, which is almost the same thing, you cannot bid unless you buy bid coins... Ebay makes more sense...
Rose

Vernon, Canada

#118 Nov 26, 2012
SCAM! I was charged $99 while trying to register on Zbiddy and they said I had bought a 250 bid pkg!
I immediately contacted them to cancel this transaction, but they just kept trying to sell me more and kept saying I had agreed to this deal and they have their terms and conditions, etc., etc.
VISA and BBB will be hearing about this.
Tenesi

Nashville, TN

#119 Nov 26, 2012
Zbiddy is not doing anything illegal, but it is definitely a scheme and the owners must be rich. You have to buy points to bid in order to "win" the right to pay for the item. How does that make sense? Spending money in order to spend money? Today I "won" a magazine subscription for $0.67, great huh? Until I looked at the online invoice and the postage and handling was:$14.98!!! What a joke!
I have no one to blame but myself for not investigating before I bought all those points. Another lesson learned...
Sarah

Suffolk, VA

#120 Nov 27, 2012
Jessy wrote:
Zbiddy is a penny auction site and you have to purchase bid package to place bids on the auction. They never ask for credit card while registering. If you have any doubt or issue then contact their customer support at 1-888-406-6509
They absolutely do ask for your credit card information during registration. That's what prompted me to search if they were a scam and lead me to this page. I will not be completing registration or giving them and credit card information.
YES a SCAM

Chaska, MN

#121 Nov 27, 2012
YEP. What a scam. Priceline cards are only run by Priceline , they do NOT have the same deals as Priceline. You will end up paying more for travel with Zbiddy than going ot on own by far
BooBoo

Hagerstown, MD

#122 Nov 27, 2012
Jason Bay wrote:
Well when I THOUGHT i was registering ONly it asked for my credit card info and u know how some sites u register the card but nothing comes off till u say for it to. Well after I registered,(So I thought) I had actually bought 130 bids costing me $100. I called and complained, they gave me half the money back and told me that I would too get a online coupon to dine for $100/plus get to keep my bids and if i hadn't won anything in a month I'd get 250 more bids. Well so far I received my half refund, but I still haven't seen my $100 for online dinning
Texas

Baytown, TX

#123 Nov 27, 2012
ZBiddy is a rip-off. They take $99 and never tells you that this is going to happen. I was told I will get a refund in 5-7 days. I am not holding my breath. I cancelled my credit card, so they can not not charge me anymore. I guess this is my lesson learned. I do not recommend them.
Justin Ali

San Jose, CA

#124 Nov 27, 2012
I also bought forty five dollars worth of bids, and the same thing happened to me. I called them and told them what a scam! I am very angry about being taken $45.00 and don't know what to do. I hope by exposing them, we prevent others from being conned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min SistaNoneYa 137,743
2016 Election 3 min California Bound 39
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 18 min Dream Crystal 24,303
Word Association (Aug '11) 20 min Dream Crystal 6,401
A to Z of Song Titles Posted (Dec '13) 21 min Dream Crystal 1,304
song title game, anyone? (Oct '08) 25 min Dream Crystal 23,464
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 32 min washing lode of w... 26,853
judge Combs 3 hr Amy 67
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]