Tina

Tucson, AZ

#65 Oct 12, 2012
Mona wrote:
Me again. So I finally got into thier site. Did a live chat, which the gal did end up giving me the number to call, so I called. From what I found out, when you give your CC info, which is optional, I believe they automatically charge your the $99 for the Guaranteed Bid Package of 250 bids, and I believe this is where the scam comes in. You don't order the package, they just do it. Anyway, when it was said and done and the supervisor was "in a meeting" but the guy I talked to did get the chance to talk to the super, I will get $49.50 back, keep my whole 250 bids, and will receive a $100 gift card from any restaurant I choose (hummm have to go to another site to redeem and put in a special code for it) now why would they go to such great lengths to please me if they were NOT doing something wrong here. They do have great things and you do get items for good prices, but really, let me order my own package that I know I can afford. Oh, when I did this, I bid on 2 small bid packages and won them. I bid on them so I would have some bids cheaper than $.60 each, which I also found out from the guy is true, that is about how much they each cost you unless you get a bid package cheaper. I got the 100 for $6.66. Good luck people....
Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but I have over 300 bids and i didn't pay for one and as for them trying to please ppl. I have worked with the public since I was 14 and every company tryed to please there customers. That is called good customer service. I also get more bids free when i win auctions. For the restaurant.com thing, I called a restaurant about it just to see what exactly it was and how to use it. It is totally legit.
Jdy

United States

#66 Oct 13, 2012
I fell for it. It does sound too good. It's fun to bid but ill stick with ebay.
craig

Champaign, IL

#67 Oct 14, 2012
I can't believe any one of you gave your credit card number to a site like that. It's no wonder these businesses are thriving.
Funny

United States

#68 Oct 16, 2012
Yes it is
Joe

San Jose, CA

#69 Oct 18, 2012
too good to be true means too good to be true!
DAN THE MAN

Saint Louis, MO

#70 Oct 20, 2012
ZBIDDY IS A SCAM!!!!! WARNING, I SIGNED UP AND BOUGHT BID PACKS AND BIDDED AND WON MANY JUNK STUFF I COULDNT WIN ANY NICE LAPTOPS OR TV. I PAID FOR ALL MY WINNINGS AND THEY NEVER MAILED ME ALL THE ITEMS I PAID FOR WITH MY CREDIT CARD.
DAN THE MAN

Saint Louis, MO

#71 Oct 20, 2012
Warning stay away from zbiddy, they are a scam! After spending a couple of hundred dollars to try and win the small stuff, they never mail it to you.
they just charge your credit or debt card and keep the money!!!
lovey

Hancock, MI

#72 Oct 22, 2012
zbiddy is a joke!!!!!
lovey

Hancock, MI

#73 Oct 22, 2012
i tried to purchase somthing and they said my e-mailed was used and i know that is not true. i tried another one and again failed. so how can they sell anything. what a scam!!!!
Jezzie11

Altoona, PA

#74 Oct 23, 2012
I rec'd an email about 2011 Overstock auction. I clicked on the mail and it's a plug for Zbiddy. I decide to take a look and see what it's all about. By the time I get all my information in, I've purchased $99 worth of something plus one free spin. I was to click on a link in a confirmation email, which I did not receive (and yes I checked my junk mail) I did receive an email from another site that is guaranteeing my purchase for 30 days however. I guess the bottom line is, if you need to jump through hoops to figure out a simple registration process, it's not a reputable site.
Sha

Jacksonville, FL

#75 Oct 26, 2012
Jason Bay wrote:
There are few people who are falsely bad mouthing about zbiddy. How can zbiddy charge you during registration when you never give any CC info to them? They never ask for credit card while registering.
It asked for my credit card while registering! Thank you all for posting that this is a scam. Almost got me! Guess if it sounds to good to be true it is. After they asked for my credit card information I decided to google them... Here I am! Screw Zdiddy!
Max

Morges, Switzerland

#76 Oct 31, 2012
I was looking for an iPad on Craiglist and I received an email saying sorry already sold but if you go to zbiddy and use promo code bonus50 you can get one for much less, etc....

Wow, so many details without even asking a question! I replied with an email say thanks but my email bounced back, recipient do not exists.

That was a red flag. After checking few things i concluded that it is a "legalized" form of taking money from people, so stay away and keep sharing your story on several forum because you will save people like me.

Thanks

Since: Oct 12

Rockville, MD

#77 Oct 31, 2012
Haven't you heard the saying, if it looks like s duck,smells like a duck and acts like a duck,guess what? It most likely is a duck! I too fell for the craig's list e-mail referring me to this 'great site' zbiddy, where the person 'said' they bought two macbook pros for $75. I foolishly didn't check out the reviews, and, from my own experience can now agree with all the comments of people who feel zbiddy is a scam. I totally agree. I even chated with the on line zbiddy person, asking why there are no apple laptops on the auction site,but on the 'trial auction site' they show them. The zbiddy chat person actually said that they 'hide' those auctions from most bidders. Now that is a scam to me! All you'll get is bid packs and gift cards. But the craig's list lure was the apple macbook which is impossible to get because it is never listed, or it'd
hidden' as the zbiddy person revealed.]
Andy

San Jose, CA

#78 Nov 3, 2012
Lisa wrote:
I don't have a problem with the concept of penny auctions - buyer beware, right? I DO have a problem with zbiddy posting non-existing iPads under the guise of individuals selling iPads they bought "for a really great deal" in order to lure people to their site. this has happened to me 3 times in the last few days! Here's the drill:
They post an iPad 2 or 3 at a good price -$250-$350. The posting is plausible, no phone number so you have to respond via email. Within an hour you get a nice, seemingly personal email telling you someone just picked it up, but they got their's at an auction site "a lot like eBay" and you should check it out. They throw in dollar amounts - "I'm normally able to buy them there for under ($150)($160)($110)" and offer advice if you need any.
I responded to both "women" who offered me advice on using zbiddy. One never responded, the other one's emails bounced back as "no such email.".
To test my theory, I went to one of the earlier postings that supposedly had already been sold and asked "Erica" if she could contact me with the advice she offered since her email address wasn't working.
Erica's response arrived while i was typing this. You know what she said? I'll give you a hint: make that FOUR times in the last few days. Yep, she's telling me the iPad was just picked up but there's this auction site a lot like eBay that I should check out...
Lesson learned? Personally I will never use zbiddy. This isn't an indictment on penny auctions as a whole; just do your homework. I'd recommend Quibids if I had an appetite for more penny auctions. Good luck!
Same as to me exactly like yours on Craigslist.
Andy

San Jose, CA

#79 Nov 3, 2012
It is a wasting time and money on Zbiddy. When I do the math, Zbiddy makes a lot of money on their products. For example, Apple products like Iphone 5 and Ipad 3. Yesterday the bid on Ipad 3 ended on the price $387.22 and it took more than 24 hours to finish the bid. If you bought the bid from Zbiddy site from 20 to 30 cents a bid. The money Zbiddy made was about :
100 bids =$20 if you bought 1 bid for 20cents on Zbiddy
$387 x $20 = 7740
100 bids =$30 if you bought 1 bid for 30 cents.
$387 x $30=$11610

While you save between $100 to $200 on Ipad or Iphone, you must spend time on LIVE AUCTION until it ends. The time is no predictable when it will be ended and you loose all your money if you are not the winner.
I am in Zbiddy and now I have never won Apple product and time for me to quit after loosing money more than If I go out and buy the retail price.
This is my experience only ......and be aware of Zbiddy.
suckered

Greeley, CO

#80 Nov 4, 2012
I was lured in by the Headline "Overstock Clearance" To register, it asked for my credit card #(I should have known that was a major red flag). A window pops up saying I've been charged $99! I look for a way to cancel out - there is nothing. I thought I now had $99 to bid. The window didn't say it was for bidding points only. I bid, thinking, I'm using $99 to bid on a camera. A window pops up saying FOR THE FIRST TIME how much I've spent each time I bid. NOW I REALIZE I'VE BEEN BADLY SCAMMED. I try cancel out of this whole deal. YOU CAN'T CANCEL. Thank goodness my credit card company called me. We made sure they can't charge me for anything else. BY THE WAY - ZBIDDY IS OUT OF THE UK - NOT THE US - It was a stupid mistake on my part.
Dave

Oakland, CA

#81 Nov 5, 2012
I agree w/ Mike, had the same thing happen to me. Got redirected to Zbiddy somehow and when I tried to reaccess the site after I discovered they charged me $99.00 I couldn't get in. Called the (888) 406-6509 number; could be in the Phillipines because I couldn't understand a freakin' thing the female rep said. Got another rep who said that THEY NEVER CHARGE A REGISTRATION FEE and that I must've signed up to buy a bid package but she couldn't find my name. Told her that I didn't buy anything and I wanted to make a complaint and she hung up on me. People wonder why folks go postal.
modivo

Dublin, CA

#82 Nov 5, 2012
Jason Bay wrote:
There are few people who are falsely bad mouthing about zbiddy. How can zbiddy charge you during registration when you never give any CC info to them? They never ask for credit card while registering.
You are incorrect. You cannot access the Zbiddy site w/o registering and giving your CC info. Please check again.
modivo

Dublin, CA

#83 Nov 5, 2012
Thank you to everyone who posted and warned us away from Zbiddy!
amber smyth

Fayetteville, NC

#84 Nov 8, 2012
They scammed me into buying 100$ worth of bids and when i figured it out, I contacted them and they kept hanging up on me. After awhile I requested that I get a refund because I didnt know that I was buying those bids and all they said was they could give me 75 extra bids! not worth it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Musikal MishMash 11 min Musikologist 42
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 26 min pusherman_ 133,309
WXCC talks Internet annonimity. 48 min Amy 39
Resp do more 51 min Yea it is 8
I Love Music, Any Kinda Music (Dec '13) 57 min texas pete 3,627
Smile (Apr '14) 1 hr think 225
PMC Affairs 1 hr Life at the Top 31
jaunita deskins 13 hr Yep 26
Rodney Scott 15 hr enter username 8
The May Administration 15 hr IKNOW 16
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search