Irysheis in Chicago

Chicago, IL

#216 Feb 3, 2013
RE: "Lisa"I don't have a problem with the concept of penny auctions - buyer beware, right? I DO have a problem with zbiddy posting non-existing iPads under the guise of individuals selling iPads they bought "for a really great deal" in order to lure people to their site. this has happened to me 3 times in the last few days! Here's the drill:
They post an iPad 2 or 3 at a good price -$250-$350. The posting is plausible, no phone number so you have to respond via email. Within an hour you get a nice, seemingly personal email telling you someone just picked it up, but they got their's at an auction site "a lot like eBay" and you should check it out. They throw in dollar amounts - "I'm normally able to buy them there for under ($150)($160)($110)" and offer advice if you need any.

MY COMMENTS -
I kept getting sent emails and kept seeing postings on Overstock.com sideboard showing Ipads for unbelievable prices. EVERY TIME...and I MEAN EVERY TIME I clicked on it, I had to register and reregister...and then could NEVER not ONCE, find that Ipad for the amount I had been shown initially. For 2-3 days I went thru this and then finally searced for Zbiddy scam and found these comments. Thank god I had not purchased anything or tried to. It is a "scheme" and you have to read the fine print on every site where it says "Terms"...so many sites and/or offers have hidden charges which you find out about later...this unfortunately is the way of the web these days...being vigilant has to be a MUST whenever I am online. I do use another penny auction site, which even gives you a whole section of lessons which they advise you strongly to read so that you do not waste any bids you purchase. They will even refund moneys you lose if you are new to the site and did not heed their advice to read the info page BEFORE purchasing bids or using them. I lost money on a previous penny auction site, so cautiously read the info, purchases bids and used the advice and won two auctions on my first day - and I hadn't even used the bids I purchased....I used free rewards bids so I have seen that there are legitimate penny auction sites. Quibids is one I that I like and I don't have money to lose...so I am very careful and have made out ahead. FINAL THOUGHT: Heed the warnings of each and every comment regarding ZBIDDY. They got me for $75 last year. Hopefully I can stop someone else from making the same mistake.
Anonymous

Rockport, MA

#217 Feb 5, 2013
glendajo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I fell for it. I bought forty five dollars worth of bids. I waited till the last minute of an auction to bid. Each time I bid and was told I was the high bidder the auction suddenly started over. Less than an hour later I was out of bid money. I decided to just cut my losses as expensive entertainment and to stay away from that site. I learned my lesson and I would call that smart.
I have won many items from zbiddy, but I ended up paying at least tripple the price....meaning that when I paid, they duplicated my payment. I had 12 charges in the amount of $8.05 and when I called, they wanted me to fax my bank statement....MAJOR INCONVENIENCE to a person who works 7 days a week. I just received a call from my bank stating that there are 5 charges in the amount of $9.75 waiting to be posted. Yesterday I purchased a bid pack for that amount....but not 5. WATHC YOUR BANK STATEMENTS!!!! NEED PROOF??? I have it. The office is closed right now, but I will be placing a call shortly.
Gwen

London, KY

#218 Feb 6, 2013
Brandy wrote:
I have won an auction ant got the product within 3 days. I don't agree with may of you. Thanks Zbiddy.
But was the product actually usable?
Meshell_Albany NY

Queensbury, NY

#219 Feb 7, 2013
Same thing happened to me. My "RED" flag was when i inguired to 2 different people on craigslist and got the SAME email response regarding Zbiddy.
WPW wrote:
Same scam on Craigslist happened to me. It is really a brilliant grass roots scam. I reported them to the FTC. Who knows.
<quoted text>
Meshell_Albany NY

Queensbury, NY

#220 Feb 7, 2013
As of 2/7/13 BBB ratings from A+-F, Zbiddy rates a F. States there has been 55 complaints in the past 12 months. December 2012, Zbiddy notified BBB they are no longer in the US?? a lot more information on the BBB website. I personally haven't tried the Zbiddy site, When i got the 2 emails from my inquirers on craigslist, i thought let me check this out sounds good. But every time I went to sigh up i got to the Credit card information and something told me to stop. I decided to search the web to see what i could find out about this Zbiddy auction thing. I found way to many RED flags and warnings. I like a great deal like everyone else. But i like my $ more. lets say it works for some??? I just cant see where taking the chance is worth it....
Vickie

Clarksburg, WV

#221 Feb 11, 2013
Seems the only thing that I can win are Bid packets. Oh, I also won a Restaurant.com $25.00 something or other but I never got it so as soon as my last 65 bids are done, I am done. I have tried all hours of the day and night and it is next to impossible to get anything good there.
scammed

Tuckerton, NJ

#222 Feb 13, 2013
Brandy wrote:
I have won an auction ant got the product within 3 days. I don't agree with may of you. Thanks Zbiddy.
I did have to give them my CC number and think its a scam.
I have tried to contact them 5 times ---

I can't log in the page says "wrong password"
before I even type in my email

the phone number they give you is BOGUS

my Credit card emailed ME last night with a fraud alert on this
site and my purchase showed up as being in the United Kingdom.

FRAUD!!!!
BOGUS

Clinton, IA

#223 Feb 13, 2013
I was dumb enough to fall for it and my husband didn't have any sympathy because he warned me about these websites. I actually was looking on Craigslist for a iPad and the person replied that they had already sold it but to look into Zbiddy for more items. After clicking to receive (the FREE trial package), I was charged $99 unexpectedly. I contacted Zbiddy and they ensured me to refund $75 and add a $50 gift certificate for restaurant.com which can only be used that calendar month. It's all bogus. But my husband warned me so I can't complain. It's a lesson learned me for.
Eas

United States

#224 Feb 13, 2013
Ggyyu
carmen

Highland, MI

#226 Feb 20, 2013
dont be fooled it is a scam especially the mystery autions you get a piece of junk,and they dont send what you pay for.
CEMA111

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#227 Feb 21, 2013
Zbiddy is 100% scam. I won many items but nothing is sent to me. I sent e-mail to ask, it is always reply to me after 24-48 hours answer to me. But it is still nothing to me. No answer.
I call the number 18779243390 many times,they always said coming soon.

100% scam. If somebody know where is the zbiddy,let us know.
scammed

Pleasantville, NJ

#229 Feb 23, 2013
Gwen wrote:
<quoted text>
But was the product actually usable?
I sure hope I can get my $99 back that I paid to "buy bids"

Yeah Gwen
how did you win?
scammed

Pleasantville, NJ

#230 Feb 23, 2013
it seems like 95% of the posts on here say zbiddy is a scam

then along comes somebody that says its not....

I think they throw out a few winners now and again

but for the most part people LOSE BIG TIME.

what a racket.
I hope they get shut down.
Ree

Baltimore, MD

#231 Feb 23, 2013
Jessy wrote:
Zbiddy is a penny auction site and you have to purchase bid package to place bids on the auction. They never ask for credit card while registering. If you have any doubt or issue then contact their customer support at 1-888-406-6509
Thank You so much for posting their number!
Fain

Mount Olive, IL

#232 Feb 24, 2013
Just tried to sign up for zbiddy before I found this site. I've dealt with E-bay for years and never had a problem with them. So......thinking this was like E-bay, I signed up and went into the bidding area. Next thing I knew I had been charged $60.00 for a bidding packette for 250 bids and I never even bid on it. I did try to look at a packette of 50 to get the details but they must have taken it as a bid. I am currently trying to cancel that charge and drop zbiddy like a hot potatoe.

Caveat Emptor.......... Let the buyer beware.

Fain
Janardhan

Mumbai, India

#233 Feb 24, 2013
I have already purchased bid package from Zbiddy. Trying out my bidding strategies now.
Halifax

Halifax, Canada

#235 Feb 25, 2013
Zbiddy is a crap site, unless all you want to bid on is free bids. This site is perfect for Gambling addicts! It is virtually impossible to win a big item like the ipad. There are different time zones around the world, unless you have hours to spend clicking your life away. you would be better off going to a site and just buying it. Zbiddy has no purpose other than to rip people off. Think about all the people buying bids just to click them away trying to win a big item. Zbiddy is making Mega $$$$$$ off people thinking they have a chance.
Roxyk

London, Canada

#236 Feb 25, 2013
Halifax wrote:
Zbiddy is a crap site, unless all you want to bid on is free bids. This site is perfect for Gambling addicts! It is virtually impossible to win a big item like the ipad. There are different time zones around the world, unless you have hours to spend clicking your life away. you would be better off going to a site and just buying it. Zbiddy has no purpose other than to rip people off. Think about all the people buying bids just to click them away trying to win a big item. Zbiddy is making Mega $$$$$$ off people thinking they have a chance.
I thought that too, but I was determined. I won 2 ipad's paid $234. incl. shipping and additional bids purchased. Took some time for them to arrive but considering how much I paid I was willing to wait.
Roxyk

London, Canada

#237 Feb 25, 2013
CEMA111 wrote:
Zbiddy is 100% scam. I won many items but nothing is sent to me. I sent e-mail to ask, it is always reply to me after 24-48 hours answer to me. But it is still nothing to me. No answer.
I call the number 18779243390 many times,they always said coming soon.
100% scam. If somebody know where is the zbiddy,let us know.
I won an acer monitor and 2 ipad's. The monitor was quick to arrive but the ipad's took about a month and a half. In Ontario they ship the items through a reseller CDW Canada. If you check the website it shows how many items are available at each location. Considering how much I paid it was well worth the wait. 2 ipad's $234. incl. additional bids purchased and shipping. Best of luck.
bweera

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#239 Mar 3, 2013
When you see an advertisement someone has won a camera worth $500 for $3.00, think twice before you believe in such crap. Don't fall for these scams, use your brain. Save your hard earned money and buy the item you want from a reputable dealer during a sale.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min taking my chances 169,873
Rickie Bartley resigns 58 min Amy 1
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 1 hr ahillarydeportable 5,880
Ray Jones on WYMT 1 hr Amy 17
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr FYI 38,508
JKC 2018 for Pikeville City Commissioner 2 hr Cant Buy Looks 3
Keith Faces New Charges 3 hr Amy 3
Are they divorcing? Wed Shut it 3

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages