First Prev
of 16
Next Last
scams

Pikeville, KY

#1 Dec 9, 2011
I had gone to craigslist looking for a particular camera that I wanted. I found one at a great price; but was unsure of where the item was located and contacted the seller. They finally replied and stated that someone had just picked up the last camera; but that they wanted to share with me where they found three of them at such a "great deal". They then proceeded to tell me that they found them at Zbiddy.com and how easy it was to win there.

Fortunately I read the following before I checked around on the internet before I decided to sign up there:

"I was in the verge of buying bid points to be able to place a bid on an iPad ,which was already up by $97 something, still going on. Just thinking if i bought a bid points of 250, this will cost me $115.00. Doing the math, 250 bids for a penny a bid has a value of $2.50. If the items bid price has reached over a $100 mark, the item has already a value of $4,600 (700+- retail price) which goes straight to the pocket of Zbiddy, and the winning bidder has to pay for the bid price. Such a rip off. Considering that you want the item you're bidding on, you wont stop til you drop, and you get ripped off without knowing. Please check your math, correct me if i am wrong. Luckily, i backed out before having giving out my credit card information. Why is this kind of modus operandi allowed?"

Now I am wondering if the person on craigslist was somehow part of the scam too??
Mike Armstrong

Carrollton, TX

#2 Dec 9, 2011
ZBiddy is a scam. As I was placing bids to win products, each time I placed a bid it would deduct not 1 bid per click, but sometimes 2 or 3. I called them and they had a man log into my account and try to bid and he noticed it to. He told me tech support wasn't in but would call me on Monday to resolve the matter. 5 days later I had to call them. I went through Hell, but I got a full refund for EVERYTHING. It seems like the only thing I won was bid packets the I had to use bid on to try to win, then I paid more money for the price of the bid packages I won. What a scam. You use their bids, (that I had to purchase ) to win more bids, that I had to purchase. Buyers Beware.
Mike Armstrong

Carrollton, TX

#3 Dec 9, 2011
ZBiddy is a scam. First of all the email I received was a Spam that looked like it was from Overstock.com ( I have forwarded them to Overstock.com s legal department ), then after I signed up and started to place my bids I noticed that instead of taking 1 bid at a time it was taking 2 or 3. I called them and a customer service rep logged into my account and tried it. He said Hey I guess it does I was told a service tech would call me on Monday, well after 5 days I had to call them. After them offering me 60 free bids to make it up to me, I told them I wanted a full refund. Their floor manager Andrew and I called my credit card company so I could get it instantly put back. Well guess what? It didnt happen. They screwed with the wrong guy. Im calling the Florida AGs office, the BBB, you name it. They are scam artists.
Mullen

Mumbai, India

#4 Dec 26, 2011
I won 4 items so far and I am excited to gift them to my children. Zbiddy has some nice products and we can win on there site easily. Keep it up, zbiddy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
it is a scam

Pikeville, KY

#5 Dec 26, 2011
Mullen wrote:
I won 4 items so far and I am excited to gift them to my children. Zbiddy has some nice products and we can win on there site easily. Keep it up, zbiddy.
I don't agree at all. People need to realize that even when you bid when the auction is ending; each time someone bids it starts the ending process once again.

I tried to buy another item on craigslist and got the same bogus referral to zbiddy. The item that the person had on craigslist had supposedly just been sold, but they said they would let me in on their secret of how they got the item. I would advise people to stay away from zbiddy.
STUPID PEOPLE EVERYWHERE

Hinesville, GA

#6 Jan 11, 2012
scams wrote:
I had gone to craigslist looking for a particular camera that I wanted. I found one at a great price; but was unsure of where the item was located and contacted the seller. They finally replied and stated that someone had just picked up the last camera; but that they wanted to share with me where they found three of them at such a "great deal". They then proceeded to tell me that they found them at Zbiddy.com and how easy it was to win there.
Fortunately I read the following before I checked around on the internet before I decided to sign up there:
"I was in the verge of buying bid points to be able to place a bid on an iPad ,which was already up by $97 something, still going on. Just thinking if i bought a bid points of 250, this will cost me $115.00. Doing the math, 250 bids for a penny a bid has a value of $2.50. If the items bid price has reached over a $100 mark, the item has already a value of $4,600 (700+- retail price) which goes straight to the pocket of Zbiddy, and the winning bidder has to pay for the bid price. Such a rip off. Considering that you want the item you're bidding on, you wont stop til you drop, and you get ripped off without knowing. Please check your math, correct me if i am wrong. Luckily, i backed out before having giving out my credit card information. Why is this kind of modus operandi allowed?"
Now I am wondering if the person on craigslist was somehow part of the scam too??
It is not a scam. It is a scheme. The bids are real. The products are real. THEIR profits are real. Its all about making money. Doesn't matter what the ending price goes for because YOU are not investing all of the "$4,600". The point IS that YOU make roughly about 10 to 15 bids paying the $2.50 per bid for the product. Zbiddy just makes a hefty profit off of the pyramid bid they created for each product. If you read the fine print it will tell you everything about fees, but if you come to your own assumptions and jump right in and then accuse them of being a scam......well, then you never did your homework.
disagree

Pikeville, KY

#7 Jan 11, 2012
STUPID PEOPLE EVERYWHERE wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a scam. It is a scheme. The bids are real. The products are real. THEIR profits are real. Its all about making money. Doesn't matter what the ending price goes for because YOU are not investing all of the "$4,600". The point IS that YOU make roughly about 10 to 15 bids paying the $2.50 per bid for the product. Zbiddy just makes a hefty profit off of the pyramid bid they created for each product. If you read the fine print it will tell you everything about fees, but if you come to your own assumptions and jump right in and then accuse them of being a scam......well, then you never did your homework.
Okay, it is a rather questionable "scheme". I wouldn't advise anyone to go their site and bid on anything. Apparently there are many others that feel the same way if you do a google search on the complaints.

http://bonniemcdonough.com/zbiddy/

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 11, 2012
disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, it is a rather questionable "scheme". I wouldn't advise anyone to go their site and bid on anything. Apparently there are many others that feel the same way if you do a google search on the complaints.
http://bonniemcdonough.com/zbiddy/
Hey, I fell for it. I bought forty five dollars worth of bids. I waited till the last minute of an auction to bid. Each time I bid and was told I was the high bidder the auction suddenly started over. Less than an hour later I was out of bid money. I decided to just cut my losses as expensive entertainment and to stay away from that site. I learned my lesson and I would call that smart.
flowergirl1950

International Falls, MN

#9 Jan 31, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to inform people that this is a scheme. I guess it one of those 'If it sounds too good to be true." I almost fell for it.
HSM

Schenectady, NY

#10 Mar 4, 2012
flowergirl1950 wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to inform people that this is a scheme. I guess it one of those 'If it sounds too good to be true." I almost fell for it.
It's real for them. All you need to do is buy 1 set if bids and they make money on you. If you buy the bargain price bidding they still make about $2000 for $100 bid. After the intro period they are making over $5000 for $100 bid. Of course they will sell a brand new iPad for $250. They just made $5000 to over $12000 and you still have to pay them $250. What a scheme. Even if they are constantly turning over new customers it is still a great profit for them. A some point when they burn out the customer base on this they will go out of business. It is nothing short of gambling since your chance of actually getting an item without bidding 100-200 times is minimal.
sexy leprechan

Pikeville, KY

#11 Mar 4, 2012
all of these bullcrap sites are scams, or u just keep buying bid points and the item u want always get outbidded by someone else
if u want these products, save for them, the money u are wasting by giving it to these scam artists could be going to a savings to purchase the items or lay them away or even to finance them, alot of rent to own places, while they do charge about triple interest, do sell these products and its alot better knowing u will actually own the product than just gambling your money away
WPW

Charlotte, NC

#12 Apr 16, 2012
Same scam on Craigslist happened to me. It is really a brilliant grass roots scam. I reported them to the FTC. Who knows.
scams wrote:
Jason Bay

Anonymous Proxy

#13 Apr 28, 2012
There are few people who are falsely bad mouthing about zbiddy. How can zbiddy charge you during registration when you never give any CC info to them? They never ask for credit card while registering.
Jessy

Mumbai, India

#14 May 18, 2012
Zbiddy is a penny auction site and you have to purchase bid package to place bids on the auction. They never ask for credit card while registering. If you have any doubt or issue then contact their customer support at 1-888-406-6509
tyrex

Corona, CA

#15 May 24, 2012
I see too many links on craigslist from them. Its extremely annoying and I reported them also. Its gotten to the point that when I search for "kindle fire" or "ipad" that 80% of the links are fake postings by them. Horrible company and I would never support a pathetic way like that to get users
Onelove

Chula Vista, CA

#17 Jul 1, 2012
So whats going on with zbiddy is a scam or not ...
Lisa

Plymouth, MN

#18 Jul 4, 2012
I don't have a problem with the concept of penny auctions - buyer beware, right? I DO have a problem with zbiddy posting non-existing iPads under the guise of individuals selling iPads they bought "for a really great deal" in order to lure people to their site. this has happened to me 3 times in the last few days! Here's the drill:
They post an iPad 2 or 3 at a good price -$250-$350. The posting is plausible, no phone number so you have to respond via email. Within an hour you get a nice, seemingly personal email telling you someone just picked it up, but they got their's at an auction site "a lot like eBay" and you should check it out. They throw in dollar amounts - "I'm normally able to buy them there for under ($150)($160)($110)" and offer advice if you need any.
I responded to both "women" who offered me advice on using zbiddy. One never responded, the other one's emails bounced back as "no such email.".
To test my theory, I went to one of the earlier postings that supposedly had already been sold and asked "Erica" if she could contact me with the advice she offered since her email address wasn't working.
Erica's response arrived while i was typing this. You know what she said? I'll give you a hint: make that FOUR times in the last few days. Yep, she's telling me the iPad was just picked up but there's this auction site a lot like eBay that I should check out...
Lesson learned? Personally I will never use zbiddy. This isn't an indictment on penny auctions as a whole; just do your homework. I'd recommend Quibids if I had an appetite for more penny auctions. Good luck!
yep

Pikeville, KY

#19 Jul 4, 2012
Lisa wrote:
I don't have a problem with the concept of penny auctions - buyer beware, right? I DO have a problem with zbiddy posting non-existing iPads under the guise of individuals selling iPads they bought "for a really great deal" in order to lure people to their site. this has happened to me 3 times in the last few days! Here's the drill:
They post an iPad 2 or 3 at a good price -$250-$350. The posting is plausible, no phone number so you have to respond via email. Within an hour you get a nice, seemingly personal email telling you someone just picked it up, but they got their's at an auction site "a lot like eBay" and you should check it out. They throw in dollar amounts - "I'm normally able to buy them there for under ($150)($160)($110)" and offer advice if you need any.
I responded to both "women" who offered me advice on using zbiddy. One never responded, the other one's emails bounced back as "no such email.".
To test my theory, I went to one of the earlier postings that supposedly had already been sold and asked "Erica" if she could contact me with the advice she offered since her email address wasn't working.
Erica's response arrived while i was typing this. You know what she said? I'll give you a hint: make that FOUR times in the last few days. Yep, she's telling me the iPad was just picked up but there's this auction site a lot like eBay that I should check out...
Lesson learned? Personally I will never use zbiddy. This isn't an indictment on penny auctions as a whole; just do your homework. I'd recommend Quibids if I had an appetite for more penny auctions. Good luck!
The same thing happened to me several times when I was hunting for items on craigslist. Oh, so sorry, someone just got the last i-pad, camera or whatever; but they wanted to tell me about a site similar to ebay where I too could purchase the items cheap and then resell myself for a profit. The site....guess what. It was zbiddy.
Not Erica Sherman

Dallas, TX

#20 Jul 7, 2012
I 'just' signed up for ZBiddy AFTER contacting a seller via CRAIGSLIST about an IPAD. Here's the email I received!
Sent: Saturday, July 7, 2012 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: Re: ipad2 -$225 (Thompsons)- SERIOUS BUYER
Hi there, I am sorry for the late answer, but somebody already bought it and picked it up. You may have to try and get one where I bought mine at. This is an auction site kind of like ebay that has a lot of them.
I'm normally able to pick them up there for under $150. I believe it's very inexpensive because the site is newer and also there aren't a large amount of bidders yet. Anyways, I would advise you shop there in case your still in need of one. The site is known as zBiddyBiDeals.com (I think they call themselves zBiddy). I just checked and it looks like they have 1 closing shortly and the bid is at $52 so far.
Hope this will help you! If you need any help shoot me a e-mail anytime and I will be happy to help out!:D
Erica
One more thing, remember to make use of the coupon code Bonus50 so you can get 50 more bids at no cost as opposed to forking out an additional $25 for buying bid packs!
I called Customer Support at the listed "1877-BiddyZ0" (1-877-924-3390) to immediately cancel my 'prepaid Visa'(which I use for internet buying)and was told that I had '10' free bids -- That's odd because clearly in the email it says I should have 50.
I'm not calling it a 'total scam' but they are DEFINITELY not 100% honest and they do have some scams running on Craigslist.
Just my take ...
Reno

San Jose, CA

#21 Jul 7, 2012
Not Erica Sherman wrote:
I 'just' signed up for ZBiddy AFTER contacting a seller via CRAIGSLIST about an IPAD. Here's the email I received!
Sent: Saturday, July 7, 2012 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: Re: ipad2 -$225 (Thompsons)- SERIOUS BUYER
Hi there, I am sorry for the late answer, but somebody already bought it and picked it up. You may have to try and get one where I bought mine at. This is an auction site kind of like ebay that has a lot of them.
I'm normally able to pick them up there for under $150. I believe it's very inexpensive because the site is newer and also there aren't a large amount of bidders yet. Anyways, I would advise you shop there in case your still in need of one. The site is known as zBiddyBiDeals.com (I think they call themselves zBiddy). I just checked and it looks like they have 1 closing shortly and the bid is at $52 so far.
Hope this will help you! If you need any help shoot me a e-mail anytime and I will be happy to help out!:D
Erica
One more thing, remember to make use of the coupon code Bonus50 so you can get 50 more bids at no cost as opposed to forking out an additional $25 for buying bid packs!
I called Customer Support at the listed "1877-BiddyZ0" (1-877-924-3390) to immediately cancel my 'prepaid Visa'(which I use for internet buying)and was told that I had '10' free bids -- That's odd because clearly in the email it says I should have 50.
I'm not calling it a 'total scam' but they are DEFINITELY not 100% honest and they do have some scams running on Craigslist.
Just my take ...
You can can buy a 10 inch tablet for around 140.00 to 150.00 non famous brand with free shipping on most at aliexpress.com I have been using them for years with no problem, make sure you use their escrow service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mother of year 5 min hmm 3
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 6 min Kyboy 27,117
2016 Election 8 min bsn 58
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min DuhmfkcdnessIs 138,067
Why do New Wives hate Ex - Wives? (Nov '11) 11 min Bacon11001100 79
It's Official Eric C Conns Clients 16 min Drdolittle 30
Word Association (Aug '11) 18 min Musikologist 6,414
Whoas me.....I had me a check. Now I dont. 59 min keep trying 14
SS Is Notifying People That Lawyer Committed 1 hr Bluebayou 38
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]